Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
too many people are posting too much i want a calm sane factual threD becaude my brain CRACKED but stubbornly refuses to PI?NG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Actual Satan
Mar 14, 2017

Keep on partying!

You'll NEVER regret it!

Trust ME!

Don't believe in Jesus Christ, please, for your health and safety. How many times do I have to say it?

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Rotacixe posted:

If it works like other corona viruses circulating in humans, immunity is not long lasting. 1-2 years before reinfection. The hope is that reinfections will be much milder. There is speculation that common corona viruses infect people for the first time when they are very young, and that's the reason for their mildness in adults. That's a lot of ifs though.

I am very interested if there is any protective effect from being constantly exposed to the other human coronaviruses (virii?). I know when my son was born for the first 4-5 years he and I got sick every 6-8 weeks thanks to daycare. Curious after the dust settles if a large portion of mild/asymptomatic cases were parents with younger children.

Actual Satan
Mar 14, 2017

Keep on partying!

You'll NEVER regret it!

Trust ME!

President Trump on Wednesday said he’ll examine a request for a pardon from Joe “Exotic” Maldonado-Passage, the star of the hugely popular Netflix series “Tiger King.”

“I’ll take a look,” Trump told a Post reporter when asked about the case and his son’s support for a pardon during a White House briefing.

The president’s eldest son has joked about lobbying for his father to pardon Maldonado-Passage, a kooky former roadside zookeeper serving a 22-year prison sentence for orchestrating a murder-for-hire plot targeting animal rights activist Carole Baskin.
“Which son? Must be Don — what did he do?” Trump said of Donald Trump Jr., and then asked about Maldonado-Passage.

“I know nothing about it … he has 22 for what? What did he do?” Trump asked.

After the reporter explained what the “big cat” enthusiast was in for, Trump asked: “Do you think he didn’t do it?”

“Are you on his side? Are you recommending a pardon?”

He then polled the other journalists in the room, asking, “Would you recommend a pardon?”

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Lightning Knight posted:

I asked my fiance and she had gone to Target, she said it was basically empty of people, and they still had stuff. I guess people just can't afford anything, because the stores still have food.

:smith:

it might have just been restocked, or not a major one? I've got two targets I go to and the large one is always utterly empty and ransacked, but it's by a residential suburban district. the one close to me is in the business district which is shutdown completely and if you hit it on the right day it's stacked full. there's a third one that's in area that's lower income but largely latino/asian and that one is pretty well stocked as well because people are terrified of going to places where they might get the "chinese virus".

i'm not sure what your particular targets situation is but hopefully it's not the worst for the people that go there.

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Hell yeah, got groceries

Get hype because we're eating food tonight!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I finally found toilet paper on Wednesday, got two 12 packs at an out of the way aldi. It was the first time I’d seen toilet paper at a store since March 10th.

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

Actual Satan posted:

President Trump on Wednesday said he’ll examine a request for a pardon from Joe “Exotic” Maldonado-Passage, the star of the hugely popular Netflix series “Tiger King.”

“I’ll take a look,” Trump told a Post reporter when asked about the case and his son’s support for a pardon during a White House briefing.

The president’s eldest son has joked about lobbying for his father to pardon Maldonado-Passage, a kooky former roadside zookeeper serving a 22-year prison sentence for orchestrating a murder-for-hire plot targeting animal rights activist Carole Baskin.
“Which son? Must be Don — what did he do?” Trump said of Donald Trump Jr., and then asked about Maldonado-Passage.

“I know nothing about it … he has 22 for what? What did he do?” Trump asked.

After the reporter explained what the “big cat” enthusiast was in for, Trump asked: “Do you think he didn’t do it?”

“Are you on his side? Are you recommending a pardon?”

He then polled the other journalists in the room, asking, “Would you recommend a pardon?”

lol

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Koirhor posted:

I am very interested if there is any protective effect from being constantly exposed to the other human coronaviruses (virii?). I know when my son was born for the first 4-5 years he and I got sick every 6-8 weeks thanks to daycare. Curious after the dust settles if a large portion of mild/asymptomatic cases were parents with younger children.

the hope is pretty much what you're saying combined with a vaccine and a treatment that stops your body from killing you if it's a bad case

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

please pardon the tiger king and campaign with him

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I'm going to wedgie Nate Silver until he's hospitalized with a bisected sacrum.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

lol if you think trump isnt gonna pardon this guy

https://twitter.com/InThierry/status/1244835538135384064

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

mastershakeman posted:

whats with these folks anyways i only got halwfay through season 1

the rapture crack pinged them and they go around reminding people that everyone disappeared

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lol

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

has anyone on twitter pointed out to nate silver that he is not a doctor?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

honestly I hope he does because I wanna see the loving insanity that occurs from it

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

lol he's mad but he didnt say it

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Koirhor posted:

maybe :shrug:

i'll have to ask my gf about that this weekend since she's a microbiologist/virologist

i do know that being in super indirect contact with very weak or incomplete strains of the virus is a legit good thing which is why we make it a point to go out on walks together

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

FAUXTON posted:

the rapture crack pinged them and they go around reminding people that everyone disappeared

Well people shouldnt forget ! That's good

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

facetoucher cat posted:

I had to cancel my psychiatrist appointment because they're billing telehealth as an outpatient procedure that counts against my deductible instead of a normal inpatient procedure I just have to pay a copayment for. I didn't realize this for my first appointment so I'm on the hook for a huge bill now glad I caught it before my second appointment that was supposed to be for today. lmao. gently caress everything

jesus christ.

I lost my insurance and keeping it under COBRA would now cost $1500 a month that I can't afford. I was paying $600 before.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

the thing I hate most about this forum is the most hack right wing poo poo gets posted constantly and quoted and quoted and quoted. bitchel is probably the dumbest person to keep platforming

That's not what platforming means unless
A. People here are sharing his posts elsewhere.
B. People here are being convinced by his posts.
C. He is somehow making money from being reposted here.

Mocking him here doesn't help him in any way. Its not platforming and poses no danger.
Now whether or not everyone just hates him and would prefer not to see it is a separate argument

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BeefThief posted:

lol he's mad but he didnt say it

he's not allowed

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
Every time they make me go into the office I take two rolls of TP from the huge hoard in the custodian closet and some clorox wipes. By the end of this I'm going to be rich.

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

This is a very sexy viral outbreak. What do I call it, Kif?

A sexdemic

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

he's not allowed

lmao

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you guys should create a protective bubble of tears to keep Bill out

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/TimAlberta/status/1248634367188107264?s=20

:smugdon:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
i thought this was the UNITED states of America man

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

I'm not a reporter but it sucks that this thread gets like five times the volume of "lol look at what this dumb chud said" posts vs actual interesting accurate information. Every thread doesn't have to be a flood of chud misinformation
That particular Bitchell post has the potential to age very well. Just seems to be what Boomers say right before they get Borised.

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
biggest drawback of remote work is how much harder it is harder to steal anything but time frm your employer now

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

stuffed crust punk posted:

i shot an ar15 at a range in reading once

my friend who brought me is one of those guys whose rich dad has bailed them out and given them a thousand second chances. we were pumping gas and he just opened the trunk full of gun cases and said out loud with other ppl around "oops i think i left the hollow points loaded in the 9mm" :shepface:

as whites traveling in a saab, naturally nothing happened to us

nice saab story

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

i was blissfully unaware of bill mitchell until cspam

thanks guys

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

honestly I hope he does because I wanna see the loving insanity that occurs from it

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

WorldsStongestNerd posted:

That's not what platforming means unless
A. People here are sharing his posts elsewhere.
B. People here are being convinced by his posts.
C. He is somehow making money from being reposted here.

Mocking him here doesn't help him in any way. Its not platforming and poses no danger.
Now whether or not everyone just hates him and would prefer not to see it is a separate argument

There's a nonzero chance of A and B happening which leads to C soooooo

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

seattle plague rat posted:

biggest drawback of remote work is how much harder it is harder to steal anything but time frm your employer now

Exactly. What am I gonna do, just sit on my own toilet when I don't need to poo poo?

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Netflix should show trump the Tiger King numbers

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
lol @ everything

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

seattle plague rat posted:

time is your most valuable possession though

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1248638957761503233?s=20

The research, if replicated and confirmed elsewhere, would appear to scotch hopes of countries being remotely close to relying on “herd immunity” – where enough of the population is exposed to the virus to build up a combined immunity – as a viable policy option.

The study stands in contrast to controversial modelling by researchers at Oxford University who, in one scenario they examined, suggested most people in the UK might already have been infected with Covid-19.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

mobby_6kl posted:

So they're starting to relax the lockdown a bit here since the spread's been mostly under control (<6k cases, 120 dead out of 10m population). One of the changes is that now more retail is opened up, so hardware stores are now open. I went for some BEAN growing supplies and it was loving packed. Like way more people than I've ever seen, even bigger crowds than in groceries. Everyone is wearing masks but no "distancing" is taking place whatsoever so if there's any significant number of undiagnosed cases, this is probably not super helpful.

Haven't you heard idiot? The virus is over. We won.

Can't wait until America as a whole plows face first into the virus because they are restless.