Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Asproigerosis posted:

My sister is an NP in a management position for a contract group that provides care visits to SNF/homes in the state. She had 3 NP's quit last week because they were too scared to go into those plague dens and I don't blame them. "Oh none of our residents are positive for roni!" Except all of them are having an unspecified respiratory illness and nobody is being tested. I'm glad my sister isn't a fox droid like my parents and is operating under the assumption these places are all zero hives for the roni queen.

Good on your sister.

The County is gonna provide full PPE for any visits, at the bare minimum.

I'm terrified for her/us but someone needs to step up. I knew showing her Band of Brothers wasn't a good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

https://twitter.com/FenianBranch/status/1248696128603918341

This is the nearest supermarket to me. So glad I've not been in the place for 4 weeks.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Schnorkles posted:

there is a lot of awful science being done right now

Takes bad science to do good science, namaste

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
no one really knows what science is. i think it's irresponsible to be doing it during an outbreak. let's all just focus on getting better. science can wait.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Nodelphi posted:

ER goon update: So, got the new rapid tests, something seems to be up, went from a 35% positive rate to 0 positives out of 40 tests. Not sure this is an improvement.

sounds like they're working exactly as intended

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Sharkie posted:

no one really knows what science is. i think it's irresponsible to be doing it during an outbreak. let's all just focus on getting better. science can wait.

the virus is so smart that it outthinks the science. we dont want to keep playing on the virus's turf. let's play on our turf turf

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
donald trump literally believes viruses are sentient beings and it owns

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

80k cases today already lol

USA should overtake Italy tomorrow in total deaths for #1. Just in time for Easter! :stoked:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
Fight disease with disease. We must genetically engineer a virus killer and inject into the country's blood supply

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Meanwhile:

https://twitter.com/kali0x2a/status/1248677459450527746?s=19

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

whatever happened to that spring break dude with the backwards green hat about not worrying about corona? did he get it and die?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1248697421607075840

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

a.lo posted:

whatever happened to that spring break dude with the backwards green hat about not worrying about corona? did he get it and die?

being groomed to be next Pres

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1248697421607075840

why doesn't this square peg fit into this round hole?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
LMAO we're 2 days away from "reopening day" and NY is turning a whole rear end island into a mass grave and hospital hallways are full of body bags and refrigerator trucks are hauling corpses out.

LOL

LMAO

HAHA

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Bert Roberge posted:

The feds promised to send Maine 100 of these tests and revised that number down to 5 last night.

PROMISES KEPT

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Dolphin posted:

i just upgraded my internet hardware and i gotta say, it makes for a much superior covid-19 experience. going to non-wireless router with separate wireless access point has made such a huge difference
what are you using? i'm looking to do the same

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

lmfao

https://twitter.com/EliStokols/status/1248700028547407879

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

hhmm yes

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Mummy Xzibit posted:

Not having superhero movies to watch might end up being a net positive for America.

hoopla has a million donnie yen, wu jing and scott adkins movies and boy howdy am i getting hyped up on action

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

LMAO we're 2 days away from "reopening day" and NY is turning a whole rear end island into a mass grave and hospital hallways are full of body bags and refrigerator trucks are hauling corpses out.

LOL

LMAO

HAHA

THE CURVE IS FLATTENING I shout as I dump a truck of bodies into a big hole

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

too much science. time to shut down these eggheads imo

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

is trump watching corona-chan videos or something

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Pigmassacre posted:

Worst part about the situation in sweden is that the virus has been spreading mainly in Stockholm so far, but this looks to have changed now. If you think it looks bad now rest assured it's gonna look loving terrible very soon

lol its Easter holiday right now and the weather has been spectacular. Perfect conditions for some spreadin', people traveling even though it's not recommended because everyone's holiday is more important than the life of your fellow neighbour

The last like 5 springs in Kentucky have been almost constant rain. Like every week would have 3-4 days with at least a shower moving through. The Derby was hosed because horse are rated and odds are set based on how they ride on dirt and they all ride completely differently on mud and every single derby day the track was muddy.

The year everyone's trapped inside and bad weather would actually save lives there's been only like 2 storms and they've both been at like 2 in the morning.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

lol he's gonna try to open it up May 1st and be massively wrong. RIP

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

:hmmyes:

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

sexpig by night posted:

donald trump literally believes viruses are sentient beings and it owns

that is an impressively progressive stance on the consciousness debate

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lol

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

The last like 5 springs in Kentucky have been almost constant rain. Like every week would have 3-4 days with at least a shower moving through. The Derby was hosed because horse are rated and odds are set based on how they ride on dirt and they all ride completely differently on mud and every single derby day the track was muddy.

The year everyone's trapped inside and bad weather would actually save lives there's been only like 2 storms and they've both been at like 2 in the morning.

theres a really good chance chicago has avoided the worst of it so far just because it's been in the 30s and 40s nearly every day. it was warm 3 days ago and people were in throngs everywhere, but it's been snowing again so everyone's back inside

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

oh my god

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1248700968264482821

thread title immediately

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

blame God

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

taqueso posted:

that is an impressively progressive stance on the consciousness debate

trumps going to start using picard's arguments for data to make a case for the virus being sentient

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

a.lo posted:

blame God

Honestly shocked he hasn't tried to pass the buck to God more often

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Lol gently caress

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

Dolphin posted:

non-wireless router

what happened to the word "wired"

did it get the rona?

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

absolute genius

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

BMX Ninja posted:

https://twitter.com/FenianBranch/status/1248696128603918341

This is the nearest supermarket to me. So glad I've not been in the place for 4 weeks.

people in ireland look oddly like people from the united states. odd

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

That graph uses European CDC data which don't match what's being put out by the Swedish CDC, according to which we've had 50-70 deaths a day since April 1st, with a slight peak on April 5th. It's a pretty big difference, can't understand why they aren't using the same numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

mastershakeman posted:

theres a really good chance chicago has avoided the worst of it so far just because it's been in the 30s and 40s nearly every day. it was warm 3 days ago and people were in throngs everywhere, but it's been snowing again so everyone's back inside

That fronts supposed to move down to Kentucky this weekend and God I hope the weather reports right for once.