Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Whatever happened with that project Brazil? Remember people being hopeful about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

MariusLecter posted:

(imagine Ghost in the Shell married Berserk and Vampire Hunter D, somehow had an orgy with Hyperdimension Neptunia and Attack on Titan and Claymore),

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

The Frontier. The last, best hope for humanity New Vegas Total Conversion mods.

When your main competition is Beyond Boulder Dome and New California one can hope The Frontier can at least rise to the level of decent.

I'm curious: what exactly is the issue with New California? I've heard people mention it in a negative context before in various places but I've never really heard why exactly it's bad. And I'm not downloading it just to find out either.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Ruflux posted:

I'm curious: what exactly is the issue with New California? I've heard people mention it in a negative context before in various places but I've never really heard why exactly it's bad. And I'm not downloading it just to find out either.

If I might quote myself:

CommissarMega posted:

The first hour and change of the game is basically 'nerds rule and jocks drool'- the cool doctor wise man has a few cracks about how the science guys shape the future while sportspeople just gently caress, and the bad guy of the prologue is an Enclave infiltrator who of course has influenced most of the sports-inclined kids to become his willing ISIS members. One female character calls another a 'cum dumpster', and if you're harsh on the insulter then you can say goodbye to one of your harder-hitting companions. A somewhat interesting character concept, that of a cheerful tribal who likes comic books, gets discarded in favour of a gritty-voiced edgelord. There's a lot more stuff I'm missing probably, but just lol at the idea of having to put in more thought into NC than I have to.

That said, what really killed NC for me is the fact that it's just boring as gently caress. There's sodall to do (IIRC, the creator's even said he doesn't want to include sidequests because it's a small team and effort is haaard you guys), with you locked into a path very early on, whether you side with the Enclave in the prologue, or choose between the NCR and a survivalist group later, all without having any but the smallest amount of info on the sides you'll be taking to the endgame. And on that path there is, as I said, nothing much to do, just go from setpiece to setpiece with performance-chugging horde battles that would fit Call of Duty more than Fallout.

Honestly, I'd be able to somewhat forgive NC if it was an F3 or F4 mod, but coming after New Vegas it's a massive letdown.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Brainamp posted:

Whatever happened with that project Brazil? Remember people being hopeful about it.

That was the working title for New California.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/YuYuKamii/status/1236728352511320066
:yoshi: :dunkedon:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Reminds me of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLhbYhLyeVA

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQz8dYfUtDE

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/43910

quote:

Bottlecaps are no longer a viable currency.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Amazing

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Toilet paper panic found its way into Cities Skylines modding too
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2022178073

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
At least make a Corona-chan companion, gosh.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Schubalts posted:

At least make a Corona-chan companion, gosh.

It's not like I wanted to infect you... idiot!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

She's cute

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

https://twitter.com/VenomDeathNinja/status/1242051401301155840

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
TtTE never gets old

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

When can we expect the Speedo Nemesis with the spray tan flamethrower mod?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

lurksion posted:

TtTE never gets old

It doesn’t but people pretending it’s actually something scary does.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

https://twitter.com/AverageJoeSFM/status/1242987667320643584

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

There's something amazing in the first reply - https://twitter.com/Nepgeah/status/1243274101302665220 :allears:.

If you haven't seen the real-time fandubs for the Sonic games and RE2, make some time in your day and go to Youtube right now.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Arcsquad12 posted:

Gopher released an updated version of his FNV modding tutorial videos, and that prompted me to think about reinstalling New Vegas. If The Frontier ever comes out (and from a quick search, it sounds like it might be coming out this year), that will certainly get me to reinstall FNV, because I've been looking forward to it.

Arcsquad12 posted:

When your main competition is Beyond Boulder Dome and New California one can hope The Frontier can at least rise to the level of decent.

CommissarMega posted:

If I might quote myself:

Well, New California sounds...unique.

What about Beyond Boulder Dome? I'm not familiar with that one.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Beyond Boulder Dome has some fantastic art assets and custom work done for it and it's all in service to a story that is beyond awful.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Arcsquad12 posted:

Beyond Boulder Dome has some fantastic art assets and custom work done for it and it's all in service to a story that is beyond awful.

What's wrong with the story?

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Well that didn't take long for Speddo Nemesis. :yeshaha:
:nws: youtube vid for those who don't want their boss catching them seeing Nemesis in said speedo.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

This is super cute. Love it. :3

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
April Fools Day is a very special time for the payday 2 community.

Minimalist HUD Pro

The below is real and recorded from ingame.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/TimelyQualifiedCopperbutterfly-mobile.mp4

help how do I make not hueg

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Apr 3, 2020

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Max Wilco posted:

What's wrong with the story?

Its sub-FO3 level writing, and the final boss is literally unbeatable without cheat codes. There was one slightly amusing plot beat (the "Super-Computer" actually a super intelligent chip pretending to be a computer) and other that that was miserable garbage.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

(Realism Mod)

https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/262

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

quote:

About this mod
Gives renown, influence, and plus relation with all the sexist lords in your faction/clan whenever you execute a female lord.

Calradia is set in a medieval era. A time when you'd expect the men to be sexist pigs, but they aren't. They let women lead armies and go into battle with their men (which is really badass btw (by the way) and really f*cking hot, but unrealistic). This mod aims to remedy this to keep the game immersive. Executing the ladies of enemy factions after defeating them in battle provides you with a balanced amount of Renown, Influence and positive relations with your faction/clan members, because they're misogynists and love to see women "put in their place".

This mod is compatible with saves

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
It’s not me that’s the hosed up weirdo, it’s the characters in this game. Haha, man it would be hot if... I mean, those pigs are probably getting off on it, but not me man, I’m just putting it out there

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Modders... Modders never change.

I haven't looked, but is there already some mod that removes any characters with darker skin?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
At the very least the gay marriage and female troop tree mods came out first this go around.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Heck the female troop tree was one of the first mods and held up as an example of how to mod this game correctly.

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!
The following is a screenshot from Jossar in the 'My God, It's Full Of Techs: Let's Play Caveman2Cosmos (Civ IV overhaul mod)'-Thread
made while playing Caveman2Cosmos, a Civ4-FanMod that takes...basically a lot of dumb stuff to make Civ4 run excrutiangly long and slow.

Yikes. Could they have chosen anyone worse as a representation for a german leader?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
wargames/strategy game people have an incredibly bad habit of fanboying out about ww2 germany so that's unfortunately not out of line

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Fortunately, Jossar put it up to a vote and the thread is unanimous about "Kill Hitler"

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Mr.Misfit posted:

The following is a screenshot from Jossar in the 'My God, It's Full Of Techs: Let's Play Caveman2Cosmos (Civ IV overhaul mod)'-Thread
made while playing Caveman2Cosmos, a Civ4-FanMod that takes...basically a lot of dumb stuff to make Civ4 run excrutiangly long and slow.

Yikes. Could they have chosen anyone worse as a representation for a german leader?

i mean hitler acted just like someone playing civ so it's appropriate

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/490

"Talk like a Medieval Woman please"

"I`m a simple artist who loves comics, games and great movies and is becoming increasingly tired (oh so very tired) of how such things are being destroyed by idealogues who want to beat us over the head over and over. Seeing it enter into BannerLord, saddens me. So, I, with my simple abilities, has decided it`s time to buck that. That`s all."

:stare:

yikes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sperglord Firecock posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/490

"Talk like a Medieval Woman please"

"I`m a simple artist who loves comics, games and great movies and is becoming increasingly tired (oh so very tired) of how such things are being destroyed by idealogues who want to beat us over the head over and over. Seeing it enter into BannerLord, saddens me. So, I, with my simple abilities, has decided it`s time to buck that. That`s all."

:stare:

yikes

my "favorite" screenshot is the one that can be summed up as "I really loved being sexually assaulted, but eh, it got old" -a real woman's thought process