Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/breakingnewsie/status/1248648320605720581?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

Folks, we shouldn’t have to do this,” Beshear said. “I think it’s not a test of faith whether you’re going to an in-person service, it’s a test of faith that you’re willing to sacrifice to protect your fellow man, your fellow woman, your fellow Kentuckian, and your fellow American.”

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Give Twoday a promotion

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/NorbertElekes/status/1248742956040892418?s=19

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

lol god drat

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
good luck getting americans to accept a vaccine that leaves a mark

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

good luck getting americans to accept a vaccine that leaves a mark

it's actually an rfid chip they can use to transmit 5G radiation directly into your cells, mutating them into their communist form. OBAMA

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

this is absolute bullshit

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

:getin:

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/fdny-sees-huge-uptick-in-doa-ambulance-cases-as-covid-ravages-city
that's a lot of people without heartbeats that EMTs are finding in new york

twoday
May 4, 2005

Interesting bit of news:

quote:

According to the pharmaceutical company Nippon BCG Manufacturing, shipments surged three-fold at the end of March. It is said that shipments are currently being curtailed in order to secure infants. The company is the only domestic manufacturer and will take eight months or more to produce based on the number of births, so it cannot cope with a sudden increase in demand.

On the 9th, medical institution in Tokyo is unable to receive stocks, and the Tokyo Insurance Medical Association, which is made up of medical practitioners, told the ministry on Wednesday that it would not be able to regularly inoculate infants.

Since there was a BCG shortage already, I'm guessing these shipments went out to the people doing the various BCG studies, which would mean they are being done with the Tokyo strain

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

1.7 million worldwide cases, so close to +100k today

500,000 American cases

*joker laugh*

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Oh wow, the stress of the DEMONRAT fake new economic shutdown has really had a high toll.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

People are going to go outside just because a democrat asked them not to

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

the city board of supervisors is loving livid. they've been demanding that the homeless all be moved to hotels temporarily since the governor gave all cities in california the authority to commandeer hotel rooms a few weeks ago, but the mayor didn't want to do it. 4 people at the shelter got covid a week ago, and now it's going to probably be uncontrollable among the homeless. the mayor didn't even tell anyone on the board of supervisors about it in advance, she knew about the outbreak at the homeless shelter and just announced it in a press conference, no one in the city government was warned this announcement was coming.
https://twitter.com/MattHaneySF/status/1248709493128495104

the mayor finally started moving people into hotel rooms from shelters yesterday, but only moved 13 people for the first day and was only planning on moving 500 people through next week.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Have any high-level US government people talked about BCG yet publicly

Hoping Fauci is at least aware of the trials in other countries

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

loving wheezing lmao

they're gonna try to pay farm workers less. if you want to know how we end up in a food crisis, this is probably it!

https://twitter.com/nprpolitics/status/1248735037278883841?s=20

Killing our base through a famine during a pandemic to own the libs

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

BIG
COVID
GOKU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Fitzy Fitz posted:

loving wheezing lmao

they're gonna try to pay farm workers less. if you want to know how we end up in a food crisis, this is probably it!

https://twitter.com/nprpolitics/status/1248735037278883841?s=20

so uh, in capitalism when health work is more dangerous and we need more health workers they cut staff pay. And when harvesting food is more dangerous and still needs to be done we... cut workers pay

this will have what result? exactly?

Vim Fuego has issued a correction as of 00:27 on Apr 11, 2020

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

charity rereg posted:

so uhhh just taking a look at the UK numbers and their testing rate still sucks but even given that:

-#3 today overall in new deaths (~1k a day already)
-#2 today overall in new cases
11.7% of all positive UK tests were today.

it feels like things are quickly slipping out of total control there. they have the US' daily death rate but nowhere near our population and were "behind" us on the curve given we're learning it spread to NY in mid Jan via Europe.

The US has double the daily death rate, though. But yeah, UK is looking really bad, guess Boris Johnson's (Alexander de Pfeffel) moronic "strategy" didn't work out.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Big Corona Gunz

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

We'll see if this theory holds in two weeks if there's 5000 deaths in Tokyo.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/schnedwob/status/1248649633267683329

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

What's especially cool about this is that Kentucky actually monitors whether somone's breaking quarantine and will take you to a judge to get an ankle monitor put on you if they catch you out and about. Louisville's done it to like 4 people so far and there's judges on call just to get those cases done as quickly as possible.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

"People should be free to do what they want, any old time, even during a pandemic, without any government to stop them" libertarianism and
"If the pandemic were such a threat, then the government probably would have done something by now and closed places, so it's fine to mass congregate anywhere it's legal" authority-deference

is like a yin-yang of self-reinforcing opposites that help the COVID-19 numbers go up

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Rynn posted:

Why do Eric and half scoop always look like they’re trying their best to look human in pictures
The entire family is a grotesque mockery of the human form and they're getting lax on keeping up appearances.
Two-three weeks after Easter, the US South is going to be a living hell like we haven't seen since the Civil War.

Jel Shaker posted:

I find it amazing how finance and business people see the numbers of dead go down and assume that’s it, corona is over, rather than think two steps ahead and understand that’s the effect of three weeks of lockdown
Business and Finance degrees are the weapons of choice for people who look at how much damage they can do in the long term instead of shooting up a school.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

MorrisBae posted:

They talked about it on TWiV and he is like adjacent to all those people so I’m sure he is aware.

I wish I was paying closer attention but iirc they weren’t sure what exactly in the science behind BCG would help here, and were pretty skeptical that getting it when young would provide a lifelong benefit displaying now. but, let’s see what the trials say, hopefully good news

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Jel Shaker posted:

I find it amazing how finance and business people see the numbers of dead go down and assume that’s it, corona is over, rather than think two steps ahead and understand that’s the effect of three weeks of lockdown

https://twitter.com/cnbc/status/1248425968529821696?s=21

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Outrail posted:

You think this peak covid?

Yes, until the next day.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

fermun posted:

the city board of supervisors is loving livid. they've been demanding that the homeless all be moved to hotels temporarily since the governor gave all cities in california the authority to commandeer hotel rooms a few weeks ago, but the mayor didn't want to do it. 4 people at the shelter got covid a week ago, and now it's going to probably be uncontrollable among the homeless. the mayor didn't even tell anyone on the board of supervisors about it in advance, she knew about the outbreak at the homeless shelter and just announced it in a press conference, no one in the city government was warned this announcement was coming.
https://twitter.com/MattHaneySF/status/1248709493128495104

the mayor finally started moving people into hotel rooms from shelters yesterday, but only moved 13 people for the first day and was only planning on moving 500 people through next week.

so what are the odds they did this on purpose to try to shrink the homeless population

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

What? "Yet they have all the things we don't have: centrist leaders, reliance on experts & strong public health system. Which challenges the "Trump caused the disastrous US response" thesis"

How brain damaged do you have to be for this to make any sense at all

twoday
May 4, 2005

MorrisBae posted:

"US virologist Robert Gallo of the Institute of Human Virology in Maryland has confirmed he is working with a team who will make an announcement shortly that will have “a major effect” on global efforts to tackle Covid-19."

This was the scientist who discovered that HIV causes AIDS, and he was on CNN the other day talking about "an existing vaccine" that could help, and that there would be an announcement soon

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Amazing

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I canceled my mid-April doctor's appointment, and I am really hoping that the local prevalence of the disease is not worse in July than it is now, but I don't have high hopes for that

twoday
May 4, 2005

Crazyweasel posted:

They talked about it on TWiV and he is like adjacent to all those people so I’m sure he is aware.

I wish I was paying closer attention but iirc they weren’t sure what exactly in the science behind BCG would help here, and were pretty skeptical that getting it when young would provide a lifelong benefit displaying now. but, let’s see what the trials say, hopefully good news

they are not sure because they are only reading the environmental studies, but there are a bunch that talk about the non-specific protective effects which I guess they didn't know about

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

twoday posted:

"US virologist Robert Gallo of the Institute of Human Virology in Maryland has confirmed he is working with a team who will make an announcement shortly that will have “a major effect” on global efforts to tackle Covid-19."

This was the scientist who discovered that HIV causes AIDS, and he was on CNN the other day talking about "an existing vaccine" that could help, and that there would be an announcement soon

twoday for HHS Secretary

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

the virgin prester jane v the chad twoday

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

imagine believing cnn

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

all the PERSECUTED CHRISTIAN types are furiously jacking off at something like this finally coming true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/zachdcarter/status/1248667234878271489