Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm the apocalypse garters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
lighting up the official bonghitz candle for this extended posting streak

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Good news! For birds and other animals with a gizzard

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Wow I can't believe botulism is back on the menu after the FDA just flat out stopped all food inspections.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Asproigerosis posted:

Wow I can't believe botulism is back on the menu after the FDA just flat out stopped all food inspections.

start cooking your pork, folks

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches
what a bullshit reason for death to america to trend on twitter

c'mon

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
here's today's flavor of EVERYTHING'S FINE

https://twitter.com/leashyourkids/status/1248777862687096832

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

mastershakeman posted:

is the media trying to explain in any way the disparate outcomes in latino and black communities or just pretending it doesnt exist or what

its really blatant in places like cook county illinois

does the latino population have a lower average age than the black population?

worst case scenerio is that the sick in poor latino communities are avoiding the hospital and just dying at home due to fear of immigration enforcement retaliating against their family

Manky Tungeon
Jun 11, 2018

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

their nonprofit is bankrolled by papa nurgle
https://twitter.com/pnjaban/status/1248783102194794496?s=20

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

this is what happens when you take food safety inspection for granite

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

It's not like they're Catholic, they don't need a church or pastor to worship and have a connection to God. That's explicitly the whole point! :negative:

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

I bet they call it the Human Flu lol

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Why does it say "about" that many pounds, seems pretty exact to me. I guess they could go into fractions of a pound.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I don't think I have roni, I don't have a fever. So I guess I just have some annoying respiratory chest thing going on and then the roni will strike and finish me off.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Asproigerosis posted:

I don't think I have roni, I don't have a fever. So I guess I just have some annoying respiratory chest thing going on and then the roni will strike and finish me off.

I have a slight fever and no respiratory signs. With our powers combined...

Goreban Dallas 2.0
Jan 4, 2019

kurwa

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

eighty-four merc posted:

until it's a 9/11 a day

until it's whatever's bigger than a 9/11 a day
Battle of Antietam would be the biggest one day loss of life when you add up casualties from North and South.

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

i leave the thread for a few hours and loving krakatoa erupted? lmao hail satan

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Charlz Guybon posted:

Battle of Antietam would be the biggest one day loss of life when you add up casualties from North and South.

Yeah but the South shouldn't be counted in casualty estimates.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/AlexBerenson/status/1248720916084908032?s=20
https://twitter.com/AlexBerenson/status/1248722037188763648?s=20

I actually admire how this guy takes every bit of new information, no matter how foreboding, and turns into evidence the disease is just the flue

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Mummy Xzibit posted:

count them as 3/5ths of a casualty

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Flavius Aetass posted:

count them as 3/5ths of a casualty

:vince:

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
I'm a little confused, why are people still dying when the president found a cure?

Apr 7, 2003

Cowpocalypse posted:

I'm a little confused, why are people still dying when the president found a cure?

liberal plot

Apr 7, 2003

Thinking about braving the epidemic for some Taco Bell.

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.

Mummy Xzibit posted:

this is how we bend the curve

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

where the gently caress is MY JEEP

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Sir Tonk posted:

are they required to publish one of these every day or what?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

snoo posted:

where's my loving money and my loving vaccine

its a jeep now

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Yuli Ban posted:

Nukes are scary, yes (see: Threads), but they aren't as scary as we once thought. For one, nuclear winter isn't likely (we'd get global dimming some more, but it'd clear up soon). And more importantly, nukes can be shot down. Anti-missile missiles are a thing, and it's almost certain that China has them (hence why they have fewer nukes than loving FRANCE). Anti-missile lasers and anti-missile railguns are also a big thing. Curiously, guess what China's been going all in with since around 2016 or so. No missile can outrun a loving laser or railgun projectile.
They're also funding heavily, and I mean loving HEAVILY, into artificial intelligence. So they'll even be able to aim these with aimbots better than anything you've ever seen.

Not just ICBMs, but even smaller tactical missiles and bombers will be at the mercy of lasers and railguns. Hell, they probably already are. The reason why such a thing isn't more widely known is because that would gently caress with MAD (which was the only thing keeping us alive and away from WW3).

The USA, Russia, China, UK, France, Israel, and North Korea can fire every single missile we have and at least a few hundred would hit, but our anti-missile defenses are probably a full decade beyond what we know and the majority of the barrage would get fuckslapped by light itself.

That's not to say that nukes wouldn't gently caress everything up. They'd immediately kill at least several hundred million people and completely disrupt supply lines, kill the most valuable workers and intelligentsia, and then eventually cause society to break down. But all those tales about humanity going extinct from a nuclear war were wrong (it's actually a worse fate than immediate extinction to me), and in our infinite sadism, we've somehow managed to start neutralizing even loving nuclear weapons.

But that raises a question that no one thought to ask: if nukes aren't anywhere near as much of a threat, then what's stopping WW3? Truth be told, it's all the other WMDs we still have. Including bioweapons.

Now I'm not saying that COVID-19 is actually the Wuhan Bioweapon Virus, but I am saying that, if the USA and China really wanted to take everyone out, we'd unleash one of those ultra-viruses that have something like a 98% death rate. You know, the top-secret virus that crosses the contagiousness of measles with a fast-acting prion disease. And THEN launch the nukes.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

George H.W. oval office posted:

Spartacus and Black Sails should both be required watching. Spartacus is sometimes a tough sell because it starts out as a lovely 300 for the first 3 episodes but after that it finds its voice and it doesnt stop.

yeah man ill totally watch tv

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

sonatinas posted:

almost without fail somebody recommends some prestige drama tv to us and we’ll sit down to watch eventually a woman is brutalized in some way and then we stop watching

Apr 7, 2003

lookin good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970