Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Ryan Satin never understands where smoke comes from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I'm struggling to come up with a smart rear end reply to that tweet because it's so dumb my brain has shut down .

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MassRafTer posted:

The Ryan Satin Memorial Thread for Stupid Wrestling Fan Opinions

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1248773936944308224

I also just think that it’s interesting that donald trump has never released a statement on presidential letterhead that says “I am a racist” yet the libs are so sure he is...

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you've all been gotten by the master

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
my god

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Dimebags Brain posted:

This dude has figured out the real problem with bringing Cornette into AEW

https://twitter.com/Ry_Bailey/status/1248751183130505216

Dynamite's recent tapings have wrestlers at ringside literally separated by face and heel lines and they cheer the matches accordingly, therefore I can't tell who's supposed to be who in this company

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MJeff posted:

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1248758327804334080

I couldn't resist tapping the glass in this case. :(

https://twitter.com/dabryceisright/status/1248762079345102848

MassRafTer posted:

MRT, you know how you said we might have to shut down the thread (with the implication that the platonic ideal of dumb wrestling takes had been found), I think Satin took that as a challenge.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Neodoomium posted:

The Performance Center spends all that time doing crossfit bullshit and yet they wrestle a low-tempo style and everyone is blown up anyways

This kind of reminds me of a thing that happened in rugby. Jerusalem used to pop up in the rugby threads in SAS, so he probably remembers him, but about 10 years ago, South Africa used to have this guy at No. 8 (that's literally what the position is called) called Pierre Spies. Million dollar look, built like a loving tank, could run like a bullet, etc.

My goodness, he was built like a Greek god.

England would also field these huge forwards, like recent Bellator signing James Haskell

What neither of them had though, was any sort of workrate, and were often blown up and gulping in air deep into the second half.

Comparatively, New Zealand fielded this guy:

Kieran Read, while obviously fit and muscular, was never a "ripped" athlete like Spies or Haskell ever were, but had an immense workrate and was still galloping around in the final quarter, with seemingly no off-switch, and was an integral part of an intense, high-tempo style of play that won the team back-to-back World Cups in 2011 and 2015.

So basically, the Performance Center clearly favours the likes of Spies and Haskell, rather than producing Reads, and it's quite telling.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I remember when the NFL Draft world was all in a tizzy over Margus Hunt, an Estonian shotput guy who had literally less than a year of football experience, but he was 6'8 and built like a brick shithouse, so there was a ridiculous amount of hype over his perceived upside. The Bengals drafted him in the second round and he predictably went on to do fuckall in the NFL.

Also every year people go crazy over some 6'4 receiver before remembering that he can't run routes or catch a ball to save his life, and Brock Osweiler still gets paychecks despite his long and proven track record of being a poo poo QB because he's 6'7. WWE isn't the only sports league that still gets seduced by "goddamn lookit how tall he is!!!"

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there was a 3 or 4 game stretch where margus hunt looked like an above-average contributor for the indianapolis colts. rebuttal?

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Benne posted:

I remember when the NFL Draft world was all in a tizzy over Margus Hunt, an Estonian shotput guy who had literally less than a year of football experience, but he was 6'8 and built like a brick shithouse, so there was a ridiculous amount of hype over his perceived upside. The Bengals drafted him in the second round and he predictably went on to do fuckall in the NFL.

Also every year people go crazy over some 6'4 receiver before remembering that he can't run routes or catch a ball to save his life, and Brock Osweiler still gets paychecks despite his long and proven track record of being a poo poo QB because he's 6'7. WWE isn't the only sports league that still gets seduced by "goddamn lookit how tall he is!!!"

The Detroit Lions.txt

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1248835387818012672?s=20

:ironicat:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Cavauro posted:

there was a 3 or 4 game stretch where margus hunt looked like an above-average contributor for the indianapolis colts. rebuttal?

How low is the average contribution

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"I can't stand perpetually angry types!" says man who just got done talking up what an asset Jim Cornette could be to AEW.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Someone send Satin some batteries for his drat carbon monoxide detector.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I Before E posted:

How low is the average contribution

the average contribution is 50% of snaps, 0.2 passes defended, 0.3 sacks, 0.25 of a forced fumble and 0.25 of a fumble recovery. in the year 2018 all of these marks were exceeded for a very short time. Unbelievable

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
I feel like Satin is going down the Sam Roberts hole of "people keep making fun of my poo poo takes so I'm going to say I'm working as a heel"

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

per game

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

TV Zombie posted:

Is the Rude vs Chono match available anywhere online?

I'm like 75% sure he's talking about their match at Halloween Havoc 92, which was in Philly.

And it was bad.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Vagabundo posted:

This kind of reminds me of a thing that happened in rugby. Jerusalem used to pop up in the rugby threads in SAS, so he probably remembers him, but about 10 years ago, South Africa used to have this guy at No. 8 (that's literally what the position is called) called Pierre Spies. Million dollar look, built like a loving tank, could run like a bullet, etc.

pierres pies

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

MassRafTer posted:

there are a lot of questions being raised about my "NOT ACTUALLY A RACIST" shirt that I feel are already answered by the shirt

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s buddy has lovely takes regarding who is & who is not racist? You don’t say!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i absolutely cannot get over him looking exactly like damien sandow

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Benne posted:

this is now the Draft Metaphors For WWE Busts Thread

we the Minnesotta Timberwolves choose Ricky Rubio and Jonny Flynn, TWO Randy Orton's

Steph Curry can't dunk, B team player

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Still thinking about Satin combing through the Cornette catalogs making sure there isn’t an explicit admission of racism so he can win a twitter argument

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Lid posted:

this is now the Draft Metaphors For WWE Busts Thread

we the Minnesotta Timberwolves choose Ricky Rubio and Jonny Flynn, TWO Randy Orton'

That was so frustrating to see because the position of those picks were high so they could have gotten good player and addressed different needs on their team but instead...they took two point guards. lol.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Alaois posted:

i absolutely cannot get over him looking exactly like damien sandow

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

TV Zombie posted:

That was so frustrating to see because the position of those picks were high so they could have gotten good player and addressed different needs on their team but instead...they took two point guards. lol.

two point guards not named Stephen Curry who was drafted right after them

Lid fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Apr 11, 2020

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Still thinking about Satin combing through the Cornette catalogs making sure there isn’t an explicit admission of racism so he can win a twitter argument

"when I’ve listened for his alternative opinion about an event." is the exact kind of robot language you would expect from someone who appears on WWE TV.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1247979400873697280

Ryan Satin sucks so much. He's both wrong and an rear end in a top hat.

By the way, for anyone who was worried about Jake's hotel room "quarantine," DDP relented and is letting Jake come home early, and just keeping him in his own room for the rest of the week.

https://twitter.com/RealDDP/status/1248981661636866049?s=20

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

God I hope that doesn't end up biting DDP in the rear end :ohdear:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I've been morbidly wondering which wrestler, retired or current, is going to die first from Corvid19.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

StarkRavingMad posted:

By the way, for anyone who was worried about Jake's hotel room "quarantine," DDP relented and is letting Jake come home early, and just keeping him in his own room for the rest of the week.

https://twitter.com/RealDDP/status/1248981661636866049?s=20

Just an incredible string of @s.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Also AEW was paying for the hotel room. It's a ridiculous non-story.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Benne posted:

Also AEW was paying for the hotel room. It's a ridiculous non-story.

If there was anyone in wrestling I'd be more concerned about being alone it'd be Jake, but I also fully understand why Jake would feel compelled to go to a show even when he didn't have to because he feels he needs to prove himself after 3 decades of burning promoters. Alls well that ends well.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

MassRafTer posted:

Just an incredible string of @s.

I’m assuming that’s the list of people who messaged DDP and were like “hey don’t be a dick”

Or maybe he just chose six @s at random, who can tell with DDP

MassRafTer posted:

If there was anyone in wrestling I'd be more concerned about being alone it'd be Jake, but I also fully understand why Jake would feel compelled to go to a show even when he didn't have to because he feels he needs to prove himself after 3 decades of burning promoters. Alls well that ends well.

He said in that article that he felt he had to do it because he "wanted to help those guys," so aside from wanting to prove himself, he may just like the idea of helping the new promotion succeed.

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Apr 11, 2020

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Jericho has succeeded in making Terry Funk-ism treatment of new wrestlers fashionable again

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

StarkRavingMad posted:

I’m assuming that’s the list of people who messaged DDP and were like “hey don’t be a dick”

Or maybe he just chose six @s at random, who can tell with DDP

He said in that article that he felt he had to do it because he "wanted to help those guys," so aside from wanting to prove himself, he may just like the idea of helping the new promotion succeed.

I'm sure that's why he mentions them in the tweet but it's an incredible assortment of names, and the wrong hauser.

Jake probably had a number of reasons for doing it, but I bet he has incredible motivation to hit it out of the park this time.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

super macho dude posted:

I've been morbidly wondering which wrestler, retired or current, is going to die first from Corvid19.

Between Raven or Sting then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm real curious what DDP and Killer Mike get up to. Small business ownership and gun rights?