Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

French police turn back private jet of holidaymakers from UK

quote:

A group of would-be holidaymakers who flew in a private jet from London to the Côte d’Azur in France has been turned back by police.

Seven men and three women arrived on the chartered aircraft to Marseille-Provence airport, where helicopters were waiting to fly them on to Cannes, where they had rented a luxury villa.

The men, aged 40-50, and women, aged 23-25, were refused permission to enter France and ordered by police to fly back to the UK.

“They were coming for a holiday in Cannes and three helicopters were waiting on the tarmac,” a border police spokesperson told Agence France-Presse. “We notified them they were not allowed to enter the national territory and they left four hours later.”

Once the Embraer Legacy jet had landed at Marseille-Provence, the group, made up of several nationalities including Croatian, German, French, Romanian and Ukrainian, reportedly tried to get help from contacts to continue their journey.

“They tried to make use of their connections and made a few phone calls,” the source said.

The helicopter pilots were told to return to their base and were fined for breaking the French lockdown rules.

The jet, chartered by a Croatian businessman reportedly in “finance and property”, arrived last Saturday, but details were only released on Thursday. French police said they would be carrying out strict checks on private aircraft arriving in France over the Easter period.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

covid beats: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35Wd_Fwe3V4

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

twoday posted:

here's a fun wiki article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_volcanic_eruptions_by_death_toll

my favorite, which is not listed there is the eruption which created the Sete Cidades crater in the Azores in 1287, which caused the St. Lucia's Flood

crater:

This is in addition to tens of thousand of others on the coasts of England and France. The flood was so devastating that it permanently flooded much of the Netherlands, which used to look like this, and created an inland sea:

looked like this afterwards:

Took several hundred years to drain it

I'm Hoom

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Hoorn

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

you know what? it IS time for me to write a novel

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lol put the special tracksuits back in the suitcases boys you're headed back

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

quote:

The men, aged 40-50, and women, aged 23-25,

lol

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

DrManiac posted:

my mom has been sending me 5G conspiracy poo poo all day lol.

Convince her that the ISPs have a 5G transfer somewhere along her internets, to "purposefully make citizens complicit if/when the Hague-ing of illuminati crimes happens"

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamiec...hed-in-history/

quote:

On Monday, April 8, 2024 a rare total solar eclipse lasting a maximum of 4 minutes 28 seconds will be visible from parts of Mexico, the U.S. and Canada as the moon’s central shadow sweeps across the continent in 139 magical minutes.

It will come exactly 6 years, 7 months and 18 days after the “Great American Eclipse” of Monday, August 21, 2017.

“What is most exciting about the April 8, 2024 total solar eclipse is that the total phase of eclipse is nearly twice as long as the 2017 eclipse,” said Michael Zeiler, an eclipse cartographer who launched GreatAmericanEclipse.com initially in anticipation of the 2017 total solar eclipse. "Because it is so much longer, the width of the path of totality is also bigger.”

Something to look forward to?

twoday
May 4, 2005

welcome to the mediterranean coast

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Dixville posted:

My hand's getting numb but that always happens when I lay on the couch with my arms bent, for some reason. Always the left hand. I guess I should ask a doctor about it but oh well.

could be cubital tunnel syndrome or radial tunnel syndrome

basically nerve tunnels in your elbow that, in some people, can pinch the nerve and make numbness happen. i get numbness in my ring and pinky fingers when i have my arms bent for a long time, like a long bike ride, or holding a phone to my head for a long time.

my doctor said it’s pretty common and nothing to worry about as long as the feeling comes back if you shake your arms out 🤷🏼‍♂️

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

twoday posted:

no it's funnier if they also start posting

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

quote:

The men, aged 40-50, and women, aged 23-25, were refused permission to enter France and ordered by police to fly back to the UK.
Once the Embraer Legacy jet had landed at Marseille-Provence, the group, made up of several nationalities including Croatian, German, French, Romanian and Ukrainian, reportedly tried to get help from contacts to continue their journey.

this is some Epstein poo poo

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

lol loving rich people

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Dixville posted:

My hand's getting numb but that always happens when I lay on the couch with my arms bent, for some reason. Always the left hand. I guess I should ask a doctor about it but oh well.

:same:

I put my hand on my head with my elbow bent and my hand goes numb. But I almost lost my arm in a car accident and have 2 plates and 12 screws in there so I've always just blamed it on that

twoday
May 4, 2005

working on it, this seems like a delicate process

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Ross DaouThot posted:

lol third hit on google say it caused similar destruction when it last erupted in...

that eruption caused a huge tsunami that killed loads of people

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Apraxin posted:

S T I G N A T I U S

Sexually
Transmitted
Infection
Gnati
US

:hmmyes:

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

twoday posted:

I have contacted a prominent BCG researcher and am trying to convince them to buy an account so that I can show them my original BCG post

The minute sample of eastern European I know from the former USSR seem to casually mention they are well off because of their TB vaccine. I guess this is in the news in Moldova and Azerbaijan.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

basically nerve tunnels in your elbow that, in some people, can pinch the nerve and make numbness happen. i get numbness in my ring and pinky fingers when i have my arms bent for a long time, like a long bike ride, or holding a phone to my head for a long time.

my doctor said it’s pretty common and nothing to worry about as long as the feeling comes back if you shake your arms out 🤷🏼‍♂️

My forearms and hands go numb pretty quick (within 10-15 min) if I recline while holding up my Switch, don't have any issues having my arms bent any other way

I blame the Switch being really heavy

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Bulgakov posted:

lol loving rich people

they pouted on the tarmac for four hours calling their French political buddies and still got told to gently caress off lol

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

I live in Los Angeles but sometimes when I drive by Wilshire and Fairfax and smell pee outside of my car window I get nostalgic for New York

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Der Meister posted:

they pouted on the tarmac for four hours calling their French political buddies and still got told to gently caress off lol

The saddest thing is that this has probably worked already for a bunch of people better connected.

twoday
May 4, 2005

Rip Testes posted:

The minute sample of eastern European I know from the former USSR seem to casually mention they are well off because of their TB vaccine. I guess this is in the news in Moldova and Azerbaijan.

It seems to be in Russian language media lately, and they found out about it from the Japanese via Twitter, who learned about it from someone named Tiger Paw who read my post and started talking about it on a Japanese news site, and I ask again now for the third time, TIGER PAW REVEAL YOURSELF

edit: also a lot of the russian sources seem to be quoting the australian and american studies so I shouldn't take full credit

twoday has issued a correction as of 05:26 on Apr 11, 2020

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

My doctor said mine was radial nerve syndrome, just a bunch of inflammation and crap in there. It's really because of how I sleep mostly it just presents when I'm sitting in that one position. If I sleep with my arms to my chest it makes all the difference in the world the next day, it's crazy

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Steve Yun posted:

I live in Los Angeles but sometimes when I drive by Wilshire and Fairfax and smell pee outside of my car window I get nostalgic for New York

I worked on Wilshire and Normandy and just got nostalgic

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

facetoucher cat posted:

My doctor said mine was radial nerve syndrome, just a bunch of inflammation and crap in there. It's really because of how I sleep mostly it just presents when I'm sitting in that one position. If I sleep with my arms to my chest it makes all the difference in the world the next day, it's crazy

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1248829198736785414

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

gently caress, we were so close to 100k cases today. We won't get that tomorrow or Sunday because weekend reporting sucks

Monday will pwn

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

SKULL.GIF posted:

gently caress, we were so close to 100k cases today. We won't get that tomorrow or Sunday because weekend reporting sucks

Monday will pwn

how did oyu get your checkmark

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
what's the target for 200k in a day? monday?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Man...where are those seven old pieces of poo poo going to gently caress prostitutes half their age now??

twoday
May 4, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

Monday will pwn

it's peaking already and will be over in 2 weeks, I don't understand why you don't trust the communist party

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

eric ciaramella posted:

what's the target for 200k in a day? monday?

we'll probably never get there as America has a cap of 100k tests per day and everywhere else is gradually getting it under control or simply doesn't have the testing capacity

if we're seeing 200k daily official confirmed cases then hell is about to break loose because that means it's totally worldwide and uncontrolled. so basically if it starts exploding in brasil and india

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

i am harry posted:

Man...where are those seven old pieces of poo poo going to gently caress prostitutes half their age now??

in their butts? come on man keep up

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

SKULL.GIF posted:

we'll probably never get there as America has a cap of 100k tests per day and everywhere else is gradually getting it under control or simply doesn't have the testing capacity

if we're seeing 200k daily official confirmed cases then hell is about to break loose because that means it's totally worldwide and uncontrolled. so basically if it starts exploding in brasil and india

shut up and go out and stimulate the economy

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/benyc/status/1248598079294574593?s=20

twoday
May 4, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

hell is about to break loose because that means it's totally worldwide and uncontrolled. so basically if it starts exploding in brasil and india

you could have said the same thing two weeks ago and yet we don't, isn't that weird

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

imagine being paid 100,000 big bucks (backed by the u s of a) for producing a meme of this quality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Zeriel posted:

God is real and wants us all to fuckin die

gotta hand it to em