Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Ive been lurking the forums for a few years now and Ill tell you something. If you don't want cspam to turn into a clone of dnd with pointless pedantic arguing then owlofceeamcheese needs to be run out by a mod immediately. It is the exact same principal as quickly removing a covid patient from a nursing home before everything goes to poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

i have a sudden craving for steakums and rational discourse

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao they want to stay open so they can continue their financial gifting since Easter has the most donations and visitors

quote:

Lutheran Pastor Angela Denker, author of Red State Christians, found that from her own, admittedly anecdotal experience at two large churches and two small ones, large churches were financially dependent on offerings at Christmas Eve and Easter, when less frequent visitors were apt to come for the big show. (At smaller churches, the holiday crowd tracks closer to average Sundays, she says.) Her church in Las Vegas, for instance, ran in the red all year and made up for it with Christmas Eve and Easter.

For many churches, particularly large ones, Easter is the day with the highest attendance annually, and parishioners may be willing to give even more at Easter, since they haven’t just blown sizable amounts of their expendable income on Christmas gifts.

The way time has sloshed and stretched during this pandemic, it may feel like a lifetime ago that President Donald Trump hoped to have churches packed and the country “opened up and just raring to go by Easter.” That date was significant, not just for Trump’s evangelical base, and because Trump reportedly had just watched a pastor preach to a megachurch’s empty seats, but also because Easter is a huge day for donations for most churches, particularly megachurches.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

where the gently caress is my jeep

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

oh yeah for sure dude

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

get that antibody piss straight into my veins

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
also nice av lmao

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Solarin posted:

americans have the wrong RAM

We need to rally around our president. His leadership was not at fault here. We simply have more cases than other countries because so called doctors didn't vaccinate us right. #trumptruther

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Owl do you believe vaccines are good or bad

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

this post about the ethics of incarceration for non-violent offenses was brought to you by pepsi you got the right one baby uhhhuuuuh

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
jfc if you're going to be meta contrarian about presumed thread monolithic thought at least be loving funny about it than this plodding d&d bullshit

in much better content, Texas, this is for you: 800 273 8255

https://twitter.com/ChauncyOnTV/status/1248959413089599488?s=19

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

WorldsStongestNerd posted:

Ive been lurking the forums for a few years now and Ill tell you something. If you don't want cspam to turn into a clone of dnd with pointless pedantic arguing then owlofceeamcheese needs to be run out by a mod immediately. It is the exact same principal as quickly removing a covid patient from a nursing home before everything goes to poo poo.

really it couldn't hurt

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

WorldsStongestNerd posted:

for the love of god, please do this

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
shut the gently caress up oocc

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

fosborb posted:

jfc if you're going to be meta contrarian about presumed thread monolithic thought at least be loving funny about it than this plodding d&d bullshit

business is booming in texas

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Owl isn't converting anyone, this seed doesn't take in a soil depleted of liberalism, or else we'd all be voting for Biden because of Chuck Umana by now

D&D sucks because what they believe in is trash, and that's why it's filled with worms and covered with flies

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

fosborb posted:

Texas has always valued money over lives and there's no way in hell they're going to change that for Covid.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

i don't disagree with the guys perspective but woah, what a shithead. post better

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Answer the question Owl

Are vaccines good or bad

Would your children be vaccinated

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

We need to rally around our president. His leadership was not at fault here. We simply have more cases than other countries because so called doctors didn't vaccinate us right. #trumptruther

and now with no other arguments left you dare to mock c-spam for our unwavering support of donald trump? our duly elected president??

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Other people who can't donate anything: Anyone who was in the UK in the 1990s because of BSE.

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

I lust for Chinese world conquest. The truth does not matter before the supremacy of Dear Leader Xi.

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

complaining about steakups tweet is shitleft, let them get into slapfights because you can safely categorize them as ineffective and useless to the greater cause. any action short of direct action will not succeed in america, and nobody willing to make that jump is a class traitor and more focused on building their own brand as a level 5 wokelord (won't insult anything that casts a shadow) than actually helping anyone but themselves out

lmao yeah i was wrong to say anything but you also prescribe acting on literally what i said about them anyway

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

twoday posted:

and now with no other arguments left you dare to mock c-spam for our unwavering support of donald trump? our duly elected president??

tbf I toxxed for Trump because our doom is unavoidable

and I was drunk

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

is covid 19 over ? that wasn’t so bad

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

twoday posted:

I'm giving him a chance

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

quote:

Keeping a lid on blood pressure during the coronavirus crisis

Maintaining healthy blood pressure levels is always important, but even more so in the era of COVID-19.

That’s because early findings suggest high blood pressure could raise your risk of getting the coronavirus if you’re elderly, and it could raise your risk of experiencing severe complications from the coronavirus regardless of your age. Nearly half of U.S. adults have high blood pressure, or hypertension, which is defined as consistent readings of 130/80 or above.
Please stay safe Oocc.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

euphronius posted:

is covid 19 over ? that wasn’t so bad

yeah we had it solved last week

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.

I'm not sure why a readily available source of protein would cause hunger!?

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
In this the holiest week for the Christian religion (I think) let's remember...

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/qz/status/1248969939093843968

oh no food is...

getting cheaper? article doesnt really explain it other than "because of the downturn in the economy" ok

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Praise lord above! The president will save us from this plague! He will deliver his supporters from plague world, and the haters may serve as guinea pigs for our toxic sludge vaccines

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

SorePotato posted:

Praise lord above! The president will save us from this plague! He will deliver his supporters from plague world, and the haters may serve as guinea pigs for our toxic sludge vaccines

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Strawberries have been so cheap here in Texas and I can't stop buying them

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!
if you inject people with gay plasma it only makes sense that they would become gay too, so i sort of understand where the government is coming from. could you imagine if your husband went in for covid treatment and came back just loving cum?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

shirunei posted:

I'm not sure why a readily available source of protein would cause hunger!?
There's a doc about people who live next to Lake Victoria in Africa and every year there's a massive swarm of a type of flying insect that mate over the lake and then come into the forests at the shore to lay eggs and these people catch these flies in massive nets, and then squish them down into patties, cook and eat them.
Also we've seen things over the years about how we really should transition to eating insects...so...could someone who knows something explain to us why we can't catch the locusts in big nets and make millions of pounds of boiled grasshopper burger patties?

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Epic High Five posted:

Answer the question Owl

Are vaccines good or bad

Would your children be vaccinated

vaccines are good, looking at a map of the virus outbreak, deciding that the reason the US is suffering more deaths while other countries are controlling it well is because of some wacky accident in a totally unrelated vaccine for a random unrelated bacteria is bad.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

i am harry posted:

There's a doc about people who live next to Lake Victoria in Africa and every year there's a massive swarm of a type of flying insect that mate over the lake and then come into the forests at the shore to lay eggs and these people catch these flies in massive nets, and then squish them down into patties, cook and eat them.
Also we've seen things over the years about how we really should transition to eating insects...so...could someone who knows something explain to us why we can't catch the locusts in big nets and make millions of pounds of boiled grasshopper burger patties?

they are eaten dating back to john the baptist in the bible

4 Now John wore a garment of camel’s hair and a leather belt around his waist, and his food was locusts and wild honey.

surprisingly the answer in some parts of the world is.... capitalism and western colonialism!!!!

quote:

Elsewhere though, the dangerous combination of western colonialism, capitalism and carcinogenic pesticides have in the past seen insect-eating practices wiped out, or made them too dangerous to continue. The much-cited FAO report details how children in Mali can no longer eat grasshoppers because ‘western advisors’ encouraged heavy pesticide use to get more cash from the cotton crop. The result was malnutrition and protein deficiency among the children, as the grasshoppers became too poisonous to eat.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

i am harry posted:

The crops you grow in a field feed you all year, catching a bunch of bugs that ate your crops and eating them feeds you for a couple days. It's like losing your job and getting 1200 dollars to make up for it.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
shut the gently caress up oocc