Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

The Alpha Centauri posted:

where did the "ventilators are killing people and the media isn't report it" talking point originate from?

some dr on fb made a vid for other drs about optimum vent settings because normal ards protocol was blowing out lung sacs

tpm covered it along w/ some other discussions about noninvasive vents being pretty effective

bet it was that vid

thats my guess anyway

seattle plague rat has issued a correction as of 15:45 on Apr 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

not an endorsement posted:

has anyone itt tried this

having kept feeder crickets in the past has me gagging anytime see stuff like this.

the smell of live crickets is horrifying

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

"But the guy selling me fake cures is CHARISMATIC!"

quoting this before I return to the laboratory in my tooldshed and continue my urgent research into the wonder cure

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

many such cases

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZCzHYMEIeo

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

lmao

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Sorry "leftists", of you've ever enjoyed the savory taste of a steak um meat sheet, your a trot and a wrecker and I hope you spend your final days in a gulag eating deli meat and frozen sausage links

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Rah! posted:

redlining
gentrification
death squads
lynch mobs
slavery
plague

:911: whitey never stops :heritage:

Man all those folks laughing aboit boomer remover and poo poo.

Makes sense the worst off from this is financially unstable black and brown folks

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

FizFashizzle posted:

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1248282136739753985?s=20

here. the last big box office movie ever will end up being

/checks notes

Rise of Skywalker

a fitting end

AMC Theaters is owned by China so this is a big win for Ttump!

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

steak umm is ok, but you can also partially freeze a block of beef and slice it up if you think you're too good for it

twoday
May 4, 2005

Fleetwood posted:

steak umm is ok, but you can also partially freeze a block of beef and slice it up if you think you're too good for it

no don't, it's much harder than it seems and the slices will never be thin enough to satisfy you

Cosa Nostra Aetate
Jan 1, 2019

twoday posted:

no don't, it's much harder than it seems and the slices will never be thin enough to satisfy you

lol, just lol, if you don't have a deli slicer at home to make your cheesesteaks

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Epic High Five posted:

the only way I see Biden winning is if Trump orders all cats in the US killed to stop the spread

What makes you think that many people like cats

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.
Where's my loving money. I want to donate to the food bank

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Shageletic posted:

Makes sense the worst off from this is financially unstable black and brown folks

on the plus side that's going to change, it's super obvious right now that the disparate racial outcomes are entirely around what types of job sectors different groups are in (i.e. blacks having 10x the rate right now of hispanics in illinois despite equal population, and that doesnt apply in other states with different job sector participation), and when states stupidly open back up whitey is gonna get it

the only people who'll be safe are the rear end in a top hat tech bros who will win yet again because they're young + probably dont have hired help coming in like the true upper class

mastershakeman has issued a correction as of 16:08 on Apr 11, 2020

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Shageletic posted:

Yeah, it loving sucks!!!!

I live in hope that twoday is right, because it would be nice to have a little good news. I'd prioritize medical staff and food supply line workers if I were in charge, but since this is hell world, well, whatever! Not much I can do about it.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lmao

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

2013 lurker rereg posted:

lol, just lol, if you don't have a deli slicer at home to make your cheesesteaks

never slice mushrooms on your Hobart, even if you have the special hopper+weight attachment to do it. poo poo takes forever to fully clean after burning through a couple of cases of mushrooms

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Solarin posted:

all I know is I appreciate the cats

Cats! not having a good year

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
What happened to the corvid thread? I literally just made the acquaintance of my neighborhood raven after two years of trying to get their attention and now I can't find a place to post about it????

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

punchymcpunch posted:

whats this owls deal. i cant understand any of their posts

pretty sure you're not supposed to be reading them

animist
Aug 28, 2018
still cant get over

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1248697421607075840

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Strep Vote posted:

What happened to the corvid thread? I literally just made the acquaintance of my neighborhood raven after two years of trying to get their attention and now I can't find a place to post about it????

Looks like it got goldmined

Edit so :justpost:

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

not an endorsement posted:

has anyone itt tried this

I was curious but it was too expensive for my tastes last time I looked it up

I thought the whole point of bugs as food was that it was gonna be ecological AND economical. I guess it's a scale issue

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000

sitting here thinking about what it would be like to be this excited about ANYTHING, let alone a package of "sandwich steaks"

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
@twoday, that redtext is loving dangerous bullshit. I'm guessing OOCC is who paid for it, and he is a total piece of poo poo who should be permabanned, but for everyone reading this, that redtext is a straight up lie.

In the most recent post, twoday linked articles from The American Journal of Physiology Lung Cellular and Molecular Physiology, the British Journal of Pharmocology, Vaccine, and Microbiology and Molecular Biology Reviews from the American Society of Microbiology. That's three society journals and one Elsevier journal. None of these are predatory.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I am not afraid to eat a bug. a cricket isn't all that different phylogenetically from a shrimp or a lobster

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000
one thing that i appreciate about twoday's posts is that i can just skim the contents and immediately know who the author of the post is without even having to look over in the poster name column. i suspect you can all do the same with my posts but looking at how terrible they are though tbh

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

twoday posted:

thx i'll remember this

sum
Nov 15, 2010

I had been pretty optimistic by CSPAM standards about when things will start returning to normal but uhhhh

https://twitter.com/globalnews/status/1248695008137486343

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

FizFashizzle posted:

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1248282136739753985?s=20

here. the last big box office movie ever will end up being

/checks notes

Rise of Skywalker

a fitting end

GOOD

gently caress YOU MOVIES

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

mods please enter me in the drawing for the Jeep thank you god bless

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Rynn posted:

mods please enter me in the drawing for the Jeep thank you god bless

wait till you see the repair bills?

Charun
Feb 8, 2003

mycomancy posted:

@twoday, that redtext is loving dangerous bullshit. I'm guessing OOCC is who paid for it, and he is a total piece of poo poo who should be permabanned, but for everyone reading this, that redtext is a straight up lie.

In the most recent post, twoday linked articles from The American Journal of Physiology Lung Cellular and Molecular Physiology, the British Journal of Pharmocology, Vaccine, and Microbiology and Molecular Biology Reviews from the American Society of Microbiology. That's three society journals and one Elsevier journal. None of these are predatory.

BCG is already in short supply, and I think I read it takes 8 months to make a batch? So even if it's one of the Gates 7 it's pretty moot for now anyway.

But yeah, sure, hoard up whats currently out there in preparation for the results, then give it to the most vulnerable instead of wasting it on kids

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/EmericanJohnson/status/1248687031544197120

twoday
May 4, 2005

mycomancy posted:

haha, actually I made up the The American Journal of Physiology as a joke. psych!

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

mycomancy posted:

At least one goon has gone out and gotten the vaccine because of twoday's posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

etalian posted:

wait till you see the repair bills?

You’re not an American unless you sacrifice to Number and lift your Jeep and fix it every week because you had to go mudding and simultaneously gently caress up someone’s property and your stock transmission

TRAIL RATED