Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I'm the HIGH SELLOUT RISK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Zopotantor posted:

Catholics. Not really Christians according to these people.

There is no religious group evangelicals hate more than Catholics.

Including any Muslims.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

TulliusCicero posted:

Luther was also a raging anti-semite with a massive pooping issue

He might be rolling for other reasons

Perhaps if he hadn't drunk five beers a day he would have been on better terms with his intestines and God.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I promise you Catholics are going to hell according to the southern baptist church I was raised in. So are Mormons and jehovahs witnesses. Muslims and Buddhist too. But the Muslim hate train wasn’t really a thing in the 90s.

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

Mat Cauthon posted:

https://twitter.com/RealJusticePAC/status/1248634593638592514

Hard to see stuff like this and not think about the sort of violence people calling for more police presence in order to enforce social distancing is going to lead to in minority communities.

This is in the Bronx, so the cops feel extra entitled to be abusive. I'm working on a capital project north of this station and cops essentially treating people like cattle for no good loving reason is the norm.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Herstory Begins Now posted:

uh there's a bit more to it than that

That's the short version. The long version is just justification for the same.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

haveblue posted:

Private equity can't buy a person, replace their brain, and have the new brain vote to pay for that purchase with their own savings.

Yet.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I promise you Catholics are going to hell according to the southern baptist church I was raised in. So are Mormons and jehovahs witnesses. Muslims and Buddhist too. But the Muslim hate train wasn’t really a thing in the 90s.

Don't worry. All christians are going to hell.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

osker posted:

This is in the Bronx, so the cops feel extra entitled to be abusive. I'm working on a capital project north of this station and cops essentially treating people like cattle for no good loving reason is the norm.

I know, I used to live there. Not a day went by where I could get off the train at Prospect Ave without seeing the police harassing somebody. The pandemic is just an excuse to do it even more and take things up a notch.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Arglebargle III posted:

Perhaps if he hadn't drunk five beers a day he would have been on better terms with his intestines and God.

"I'm like a ripe stool and the world's like a gigantic anus, and we're about to let go of each other."

-Martin Luther right before he died, supposedly

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

The Angry Bum posted:

Because many conservatives and Christians truly believe this is an overblown Chinese, Democrat Liberal Media hoax to destroy America and Trump specifically. To them the death numbers are massively inflated, the measures taken to socially distance and close schools are draconian and this is a direct assault on religious liberty and freedom.
Hell, if anything, I'm thinking that the death numbers are being both a) actively suppressed b) undercounted due to other diseases/symptoms that people dying exhibit far more clearly than COVID-19.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

quote:

My "TRUMP AND REPUBLICANS ARE NOT RACIST" T-shirt has people asking a lot of questions already answered by my shirt.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

TulliusCicero posted:

Excellent marketing tactic to let your consumer know you will be as unpopular and hated as he is by the general public :downsbravo:

It might as well say "If you think Trump's a loving idiot then wait till you get a load of me"

Also :lol: at the week rear end uncertain "probably". That's certainly a strong and assertive statement

The loving weak-rear end shirt is as indecisive as he is

Comes with a bonus shirt for a friend "I'm unfortunately with this moron <---"

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

https://twitter.com/NPR/status/1248934091917066241?s=19

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Framboise posted:

Honest question: how are all these multi-billion dollar companies straight up dying after 3-4 weeks of inactivity? You'd think they'd be a bit more resilient than that.

it isn't 3-4 weeks of inactivity, closer to 3-4 months of no activity, and then probably another year of decreased activity because no one is loving going to large crowded events until a vaccine is ready

meanwhile, even if they're furloughing employees, they're still paying rent and utilities

there's resiliency and then there's disaster planning for an event that at best comes around every couple of centuries in magnitude

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Also, that includes my grandma with COPD who is planning to go. She went so far as to get a ride from a deacon because her care facility has stopped it’s transport service.

The sheer loving ignorance

kind of happy that my grandmother's congregation is apparently doing Easter mass by Zoom this year

even if she kind of stopped going to church a year ago because her Parkinson's has gotten worse

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Man, it’s always so loving weird when the Gods2.com cult turns up doing weirder and crazier poo poo than they did before...

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Yeah, whenever you want more labor the first thing you do is reduce pay. This is administrative malpractice. These people are idiots. They're so lucky the only disasters they faced in their first three years were self-inflicted.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

This shirt's honest, at least. And accurate.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

eXXon posted:

I'm the HIGH SELLOUT RISK.

No, the guy in the photo clearly has you beat.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/ChristnNitemare/status/1249015299468333059

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Uncle Wemus posted:

I regret I ever supported him.

Took you this long? As soon as I saw Obama's cabinet I realized I had been duped. All those donations and canvassing and volunteering just *poof* in about 3 days. I mean, loving Tim Geitner on day one?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

BiggerBoat posted:

Took you this long? As soon as I saw Obama's cabinet I realized I had been duped. All those donations and canvassing and volunteering just *poof* in about 3 days. I mean, loving Tim Geitner on day one?

A lot of us were young and naive. The latter was true for many until 2016.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
I think Obama is/was just too much of a Good Guy. He was too willing to listen to the Dem establishment and eager to try and "compromise" with Republicans. I think he went into the Presidency with the best of intentions but quickly became assimilated into the Dem machine, Borg-like.

You can call him gullible or naiive if you want to be uncharitable.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I think Obama chose class and station over what is right and just. I don't think he was ever a "good guy" in terms of politics and it's obvious how full of BS his "Hope" and "Yes we can" thing was just like any establishment politician.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Fritz the Horse posted:

I think Obama is/was just too much of a Good Guy. He was too willing to listen to the Dem establishment and eager to try and "compromise" with Republicans. I think he went into the Presidency with the best of intentions but quickly became assimilated into the Dem machine, Borg-like.

This was good argument for 2011. We've seen in the 10 years since that he's actively an evil dooer.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Fritz the Horse posted:

And I'll call you both for thinking this. He's bad.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Gatts posted:

I think Obama chose class and station over what is right and just. I don't think he was ever a "good guy" in terms of politics and it's obvious how full of BS his "Hope" and "Yes we can" thing was just like any establishment politician.

I don't think the establishment is the problem here. Bernie is establishment. If we would exclude establishment, this would be between Trump and Bloomberg.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Hey thanks to to this thread I’ve been watching ducktales so thanks.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

TulliusCicero posted:

Noted "Liberterian" defending organized religion, because of loving course he is

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1248774960992137217?s=19

Seriously churches in the Middle Ages were smart enough to shut down during Bubonic Plague :psyduck:

wild west towns also had better gun control, but whatever.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

cant cook creole bream posted:

I don't think the establishment is the problem here. Bernie is establishment. If we would exclude establishment, this would be between Trump and Bloomberg.

this is pure semantics. Bernie only became/ran as a democrat because he knew the 2 party system was too strong to ever have a shot if he didn't work within it. He's an outsider in every sense of the word in DC.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

You uh know Bloomberg was mayor of the biggest city in the country for three terms right. He spoke at the DNC in 2016.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Apr 11, 2020

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Bottom Liner posted:

this is pure semantics. Bernie only became/ran as a democrat because he knew the 2 party system was too strong to ever have a shot if he didn't work within it. He's an outsider in every sense of the word in DC.

He is a career politician for decades. That seems like what I'd call "establishment". It may not be what you would intent with this statement, but for the average American, everyone who has spent several years in public service was leeching taxpayers in big government.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

You uh know Bloomberg was mayor of the biggest city in the country for three years right. He spoke at the DNC in 2016.

Yeah, I know that actually. But a mayor is somehow closer to the people than a senator.

But I concede that I did not structure that argument well.

Either way, I don't want President Zuckerberg, or Bezos.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Apr 11, 2020

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

You're doing a whole lot of projecting your personal views onto general populations. No one who knows who Bernie and Bloomberg are see Bloomberg as one of the common folk. He's a loving billionaire former mayor of NYC.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Bottom Liner posted:

You're doing a whole lot of projecting your personal views onto general populations. No one who knows who Bernie and Bloomberg are see Bloomberg as one of the common folk. He's a loving billionaire former mayor of NYC.

One of the funniest things of the Trump era was Bannon having a meltdown during a Daily Beast piece when the interviewer pointed out DeVos and Trump are elites.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Rust Martialis posted:

No, the guy in the photo clearly has you beat.

:drat:

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
got linked here from Donoteat's discord, it's a form to fill out for non filers:

quote:

@everyone (in USAmerica): non-Tax filing US Citizens over the age of 17 now qualify for the Covid-19 relief fund of 1200 dollars. Takes apparently about 5 minutes to fill out and they can file for the same checks that tax-filing people will be getting. https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here

only took me 5 minutes, extremely simple to do (assuming it works lol)

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

A big flaming stink posted:

got linked here from Donoteat's discord, it's a form to fill out for non filers:

only took me 5 minutes, extremely simple to do (assuming it works lol)

best of luck getting your trumpbucks when the post office dies

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

cant cook creole bream posted:

He is a career politician for decades. That seems like what I'd call "establishment". It may not be what you would intent with this statement, but for the average American, everyone who has spent several years in public service was leeching taxpayers in big government.

When people talk about the establishment they are clearly talking about the corporate funded wing of the party that has power in both houses of congress and the DNC. This isn't hard.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Apr 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Guze posted:

best of luck getting your trumpbucks when the post office dies

that's why its direct deposit!

IDIOT