Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

eighty-four merc posted:

that poo poo is usually easy to troubleshoot and fix if you have basic hand tools

the parts are available online, most major brands publish parts diagrams so you know it's right part you're getting, and there's about a billion videos on YouTube to hold your hand through every step of all of this

Motor burned out on the dryer. I watched a video and it's basically "take the dryer completely apart". It looks like a huge PITA.

Dishwasher appears to be the water inlet valve not letting it fill up enough, which seems fairly simple to replace so I might give that a shot.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Mr. Sharps posted:

pretty sure if i took a dive like that old guy did i would be dead, astounded at the resilience of the man

tis is what peak performance looks like

:vince:

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

MadJackal posted:

There is no more escalation of care. The only escalation is Heaven.”

Where's the thread title mods

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009
im in queens, when do i die

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

To be fair a tweet involving China and dogs from Trump could have been a lot worse.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/TomFitton/status/1249100475481219073?s=20
https://twitter.com/IngrahamAngle/status/1249096247945891844?s=20
https://twitter.com/Peoples_Pundit/status/1248976326578634752?s=20

DEATH CULT

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
I like when he calls the media dogs. It is the only thing I like about him.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

This is the same calculation Putin has made, by the way (this is not some weird endorsement of Russiagate) - and Bolsonaro did the opposite, which immediately bit him in the rear end

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

So my religion I'm starting is founded on the idea that when we die we get to relive all this dumb poo poo again but with cheats enabled so you can open the console command and set global rules like: <If someone says "research it", then their loving head explodes!>

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Judakel posted:

I like when he calls the media dogs. It is the only thing I like about him.

You the man now, dog!

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler
Remember those Abbott tests I was talking about that seemed to be detecting far fewer cases than our old tests? Well today they added the disclaimer: “Negative tests do not preclude SARSCOV-2 infection and should not be used as the sole basis for treatment or management decisions.”

Of course administration is using this result as the sole basis for having nurses wear ppe or not when on the patient floors.

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.

RandomBlue posted:

Motor burned out on the dryer. I watched a video and it's basically "take the dryer completely apart". It looks like a huge PITA.

Dishwasher appears to be the water inlet valve not letting it fill up enough, which seems fairly simple to replace so I might give that a shot.

smack the motor with the handle of a screwdriver or a broom and see if that fixes it

if the motor is brushed, you can probably remove and inspect at least one of the brushes without much effort. carbon brushes cost like nothing too, if that's the problem

make sure it's unplugged and de-energized before you work on it

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lambert posted:

This is the same calculation Putin has made, by the way (this is not some weird endorsement of Russiagate) - and Bolsonaro did the opposite, which immediately bit him in the rear end

The only countries that had success did so because they had a nation state level strategy for how approach the problem.

In the US it's like every state for itself all the way down to letting bible belt mega-churches stay open.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

just from the thumbnail im envisioning his waist narrowing into a snake rear end

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

you may not like it, but this what peak shoulder to waist ratio looks like

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Nodelphi posted:

Remember those Abbott tests I was talking about that seemed to be detecting far fewer cases than our old tests? Well today they added the disclaimer: “Negative tests do not preclude SARSCOV-2 infection and should not be used as the sole basis for treatment or management decisions.”

Of course administration is using this result as the sole basis for having nurses wear ppe or not when on the patient floors.

fuuuuuuuuuck

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

lol there's something similar in Michigan....

lmao 161k members

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Big Danse Macabre Energy

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

etalian posted:

The only countries that had success did so because they had a nation state level strategy for how approach the problem.

In the US it's like every state for itself all the way down to letting bible belt mega-churches stay open.

Australia is doing very fine and their states also behaved quite a bit differently. Germany also had some confusion between states and they're at least doing much better than the US. The problem in America is that some states literally thought this entire thing is a liberal conspiracy.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

fosborb posted:

lol there's something similar in Michigan....

lmao 161k members

since they're all gonna be wearing camo maybe cops won't notice the demonstrations

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
it whips so much rear end this admin's medical experts seem to genuinely believe that as long as NYC is on even a slight downturn all these new hotspots forming don't mean anything

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

etalian posted:

Trump doesn't care about the outcome, he wants to appear strong. And not getting overruled by individual states is a big part of that. Learning from Bolsonaro falling flat on his face in this matter is an important part of that.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
also lol i'd never seen a picture of pre-trump/pre-roid tom fitton before

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Honj Steak posted:

Australia is doing very fine and their states also behaved quite a bit differently. Germany also had some confusion between states and they're at least doing much better than the US. The problem in America is that some states literally thought this entire thing is a liberal conspiracy.

The German states all have agreed to the same set of measures with the federal government, only in the beginning the measures were different between states.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Apraxin posted:

you may not like it, but this what peak shoulder to waist ratio looks like

is he a genie

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Rub him and something might come out

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Spoondick posted:

since they're all gonna be wearing camo maybe cops won't notice the demonstrations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deKRFMjQ5sY

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Lambert posted:

The German states all have agreed to the same set of measures, only in the beginning the situation was different between states.

Not entirely, for example in Bavaria you can go outside in groups larger than two if everybody is part of the same household. Also in some states it's banned to go for a walk somewhere else than your immediate surroundings, whereas other states just appeal to individual responsibility to not go hike in the mountains. At large, the measures are very similar, though.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/markberman/status/1249088325731913728?s=20

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

mod sassinator posted:

lmao and a hearty gently caress off to all the dipshits in the d&d thread shouting down, brigading out, and reporting/probating anyone that suggested maybe we should make and wear cloth masks four weeks ago. lmao gently caress that thread and pissbabies in it

i pretty much just ignored anyone saying or telling me to not wear a mask from the very beginning cause gently caress that poo poo. if masks werent needed hospital staff wouldnt have been begging for that poo poo from the start

like just looking at all the info/photos coming out of wuhan basically showed me that masks are a definite good idea.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Honj Steak posted:

Not entirely, for example in Bavaria you can go outside in groups larger than two if everybody is part of the same household. Also in some states it's banned to go for a walk somewhere else than your immediate surroundings, whereas other states just appeal to individual responsibility to not go hike in the mountains. At large, the measures are very similar, though.

this is the most German answer possible

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/DavidCornDC/status/1249014935847424000

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

riiiiight, ill just NOT do that.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

adding "getting thrown out of china" the list of things trump associates with dogs

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

fosborb posted:

this is the most German answer possible

Our Corona Laws are the most comprehensive laws with the most precise phrasing anywhere, as they should be! :eng101:

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

america open up for business next week!

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

I came to the realization today that with the feds loving over unemployment guidance, we are going to see half the states back to work by may because they won't have unemployment for anyone who's afraid to get sick, and another bunch of states who say gently caress worrying about unemployment tax and just let everyone on it at the +600 limit and keep things closed till August, since $3k or so per month should be enough to subsist on with evictions/foreclosure courts closed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Agrajag posted:

i pretty much just ignored anyone saying or telling me to not wear a mask from the very beginning cause gently caress that poo poo. if masks werent needed hospital staff wouldnt have been begging for that poo poo from the start

like just looking at all the info/photos coming out of wuhan basically showed me that masks are a definite good idea.

Austria even mandates people wear masks when shopping or using public transit.