Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

MadJackal posted:

I’m on my scheduled vacation as of today.

There’s no question of if I’ll come back to work. I’m only trying to decide if I want to sign up to go back in a few days or not.

you're less of a coward than i am, godspeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Iron Crowned posted:

That'll make you cry
are you not constantly crying?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Agrajag posted:

litearlly a loving "let them eat cake" tweet

i really need to take a break from this thread im getting light headed again from anxiety and anger

everything about this country is so god drat evil and astoundingly stupid

I legit decided to just stop being surprised by every dumb thing that happens for awhile. Having expectations at this point just leads to outrage and there really isn't poo poo I can do about it so I think I'm just gonna roll with things for a bit for the sake of my own sanity.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1249170378355871747

:(

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

The only places that seem to actually be doing well are Ohio, Washington and Illinois well behind in 3rd place due to holding the primary on St Patrick's day

I mainly include Illinois because Chicago's the #2 city for planes + mass transit after nyc so very susceptible to a big outbreak. Heck, they stopped community spread after the January case, unlike WA

I have no idea how Ohio is doing so well since this lockdown seems half-assed as poo poo, but maybe it was just because they started it so early.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

my gf still hasn’t gotten her taste or smell back and it’s been three weeks since she was sick. i hope she gets them back because she loves to cook (and it a serious genius at it) and if she couldn’t cook i don’t know what she would do.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

facetoucher cat posted:

I don't know what I just stumbled upon. No idea on source or anything and don't want to be associated with sharing false information but felt compelled to share this

https://twitter.com/TurkeyDeeply/status/1248744292610433024

this is actually legit btw.

i dont know if it got posted so what turkey did was call on a 2-day mandatory no-one-goes-out order at like 9pm one night. predictably, everyone loving rushed out to buy things before it hit. people grabbin a single carton of milk, or just a pack of cigs, or just 2 beers, every loving one and not even for anything worthwhile. this is like genuinely one of the stupidest things you can do, and those mad men, they loving did it. i know someone who has family back in turkey and yeah people are basically fighting over the last pack of whatever poo poo they can put their hands in. it's absolutely loving dumb and just made the issue a whole lot worse because now you've put your whole population out there overnight to congregate

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

MadJackal posted:

I’m on my scheduled vacation as of today.

There’s no question of if I’ll come back to work. I’m only trying to decide if I want to sign up to go back in a few days or not.

take that time off my dude. you need just as much to recover as anyone else.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

I have no idea how Ohio is doing so well since this lockdown seems half-assed as poo poo, but maybe it was just because they started it so early.

Getting ahead of banning large gatherings was a big deal, I think.

How many states are allowing in person Easter services tommorow?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Iron Crowned posted:

There is no escape

Agrajag posted:

litearlly a loving "let them eat cake" tweet

i really need to take a break from this thread im getting light headed again from anxiety and anger

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

I mean yeah. the rest of the country was saying we had 100 cases total, and Ohio comes out swinging with no, we have 100,000 in Ohio alone. that poo poo saved lives.

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

Just only testing the seriously sick and front-line health workers, from what they mention in their near daily press briefings. I get so pissed every time I walk outside my door and see Cabela's parking lot full of cars and the restaurants next to my building with nearly full parking lots of people. Just go home and stay there. I hope I don't have to go shopping for another 4 weeks after my big run on Monday.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Agrajag posted:

Giant Metal Robot
Jun 14, 2005

Taco Defender

Xaris posted:

this is actually legit btw.

i dont know if it got posted so what turkey did was call on a 2-day mandatory no-one-goes-out order at like 9pm one night. predictably, everyone loving rushed out to buy things before it hit. people grabbin a single carton of milk, or just a pack of cigs, or just 2 beers, every loving one and not even for anything worthwhile. this is like genuinely one of the stupidest things you can do, and those mad men, they loving did it. i know someone who has family back in turkey and yeah people are basically fighting over the last pack of whatever poo poo they can put their hands in. it's absolutely loving dumb and just made the issue a whole lot worse because now you've put your whole population out there overnight to congregate

And everyone is expected to go back to work on Monday.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
“Chief Engle allegedly yelled about a ‘backstory’ which proclaimed that Deputy Bennett contracted and died from the virus because he was a ‘homosexual who attended homosexual sexual events,” reads a letter sent to Davie administrator Richard Lemack from the Florida State Lodge Fraternal Order of Police Labor Council Committee. “He intimated that it was because of the homosexual lifestyle that Deputy Bennett first contracted a serious underlying disease which aggravated the Covid-19 virus and lead to his death.”

The officers claim Engle tried to intimidate them by forcing them to line up like they were in the police academy and undergo an inspection. In its letter to the town administration, the Fraternal Order of Police asked that Engle’s actions be investigated.

Officers had raised concerns about what their healthcare plans would cover if they contracted COVID-19, said Michael Tucker, the chief of staff for the Fraternal Order of Police.

“Multiple officers expressed shock at the way that the chief not only conducted the briefing but obviously of his remarks, which left most of the officers speechless,” he said. “Really utter shock that the chief would attempt to minimize the risk to everyone and especially first responders by trying to draw a link between what happened to Deputy Bennett tragically and his sexual orientation.”

lol he hosed up so bad he lost the FOP

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

i think both that they started early and probably had low initial infection to start so it wasn't as overly prevalent and just spreading low-key big time. they don't really have major airport hubs (at least not compared to most states), not a lot of tourism in/out, not a lot of business travel, and probably just luck.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Should we wear shirts with buttons now so that we don't have to pull coronavirus over our heads

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Teabag-Virus

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

fosborb posted:

I mean yeah. the rest of the country was saying we had 100 cases total, and Ohio comes out swinging with no, we have 100,000 in Ohio alone. that poo poo saved lives.

As someone who is in Ohio, the bigger issue is that at some point, people are going to just assume that it's all bullshit because we haven't been as directly effected.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

MadJackal posted:

Day 17 Quote

"Do me a favor?"

"I can tie you up."

"Patting me down for weapons?"

<She giggles>

"I might bring a shiv into the room for this guy."

"He's trying to run his own show. He's been here for weeks and weeks and he goes down in the eighties and it's failed, and he needs to go down on a nonrebreather and-"

"It's why I'm taking it not the interns. I know, I know, I know."

"And he's insisting on-"

"And he's pigheaded and wants to run the show and Rush loving Limbaugh told him we have some miracle drug and he already had five days of it."

"Doctor ___ spoke to him already and-"

"She came in and chewed me out in the room."

"She walked in there and-"

"Yeah, I'm going to go in there and say we've not having a conversation about the Plaquenil and already how we've tried this thing-"

"He's talked to Dr ___ and he screamed at her."

"Tell me I look pretty in yellow?"

<Crosstalk that all approved of my fashion statement>

"Some fancy heels and you're ready for a night out on the town."

"You want some booties or a hair net?"

"No, look, I don't plan on licking my shoes or my hair, I'm fine."

<Giggles, door closes.>

"Mr ___, what are you doing with your mask off? You're scaring me."

"I just got off the phone with my wife, she-"

"Let's get that back on your face."

"I got a problem."

"I got a problem too. Imma get a chair. OK, what's going on?"

"Yesterday, I got up to the bathroom, six liters and I passed out."

"I know you're focused on the days where you were on the nasal cannula, but you've been a nonrebreather since March. Let's be very, very clear about that. If you walk around, especially without the oxygen, you'll pass out and hit your head. And we don't need you to hit your head in addition to everything else."

"I feel that I'm failing. Do I have- do I have the virus in me yet?"

"You've had the virus in you for three weeks."

"It's still in me?"

"Yeah."

"How can I-"

"It's not just the virus. Your body is fighting it off but the issue with COVID is your own immune system is attacking your lung cells. It's what we're afraid of."

<The sound of his nonrebreather is almost overwhelming>.

"I have requested many times, I'd like to try the-"

"We're not doing it. You've had this conversation with multiple people. This is directly from our infectious disease doctor, ok? This is above both of us. I started it back up last night for stupid reasons. I was going by your wife and your's decisions. Against pretty much all reason. To be very honest, it was a stupid reason to restart it."

"Also, sitting up? This isn't helping your situation at all. I've been doing this for 3 weeks. People who lie flat on their bellies? Their numbers look great. People who lie on their backs have numbers that look lovely."

"You're sitting here with your mask off and its nuts."

"Married 50 years and I talked to her and she's scared to death-"

"Yeah, she should be. I'm scared to death."

"Twenty days ago, I'm walking five miles a day."

"Yeah. Then you got sick."

"I can't even- I can't even stand up. I'm sick, I'm real sick.. I can feel, I can actually feel…"

I don't owe you anything. Finish the story however you want.

Day 18 “You’re trying to save the world and I’m trying to save you.”

Premeditated. That's the word I'm worried about.

75M w/PMH of CVA, nonverbal, bed bound, resident of a NH. Presented w/ fever of 103F, found to be COVID positive. He was doing well this morning, only on 2L via NC.

While responding to a different patient's Rapid, my intern is called off to assess this guy. By 14:00 he was satting in the 80s. Started on NRB. She orders a CXR and a ABG. I return from the Rapid (60F w/ alcoholic pancreatitis, COVID negative, hypoxic, watched her get tubed) and take a look at the patient. Junky lungs on auscultation. Agonal breathing. Clearly. Despite the NRB and sats in the upper 90s, the guy looks scary. Scary enough that I think he's going to crash in the next 10 minutes or so.

He's Full Code, of course. Before he had been transferred to our service, Palliative had already been consulted. After a few days of unsuccessfully trying to contact the patient's only living relative (his daughter), she signed off on the case. No Goals of Care meeting for this man.

I don't want to Code him. I don't want my nurses or I needlessly exposed to a droplet bomb of a resuscitation that I know for certain the ICU would never accept. He won't get tubed, and if he's not getting tubed he's dead. He's dead regardless of whatever we try.

"Full Code, COVID positive. Probably going to have to do chest compressions." "Yeah. Limit the people in the room. Five minutes on the clock." "Then we'll call it."

I didn't hesitate when I said that.

It wasn't a spur of the moment decision. I have thought over the previous Code and my decision then to limit it. And I'm repeating it.

God help me.

It doesn't sit right with me so I go to the medical director of the hospital (the very nice gentleman who got me a breakfast burrito, as you remember). I present the case.

"This is a big ethical dilemma." He exhales with the same exacerbation I feel. He offers the choices of treatment as usual (CPR / maybe intubation) or possibly two attending doctors attesting could sign off that CPR/intubation would be pointless. He tells me to see the CMO.

I go to the Chief Medical Officer. I repeat the story. He's a good man, a pediatrician by trade. Used to do our 8AM peds didactics. He's on the ethics board. He chews over the ethics of the case for a while.

As much as the conversation about end of life was enlightening, I'll spare you the filibustering.

The CMO meets up with my team (gently caress, I never meant for this to escalate like this). He again filibusters the ethics of the case. Ultimately, he chooses to write a note as an Ethics Consultation advising that if two physicians are in agreement, a DNI/DNR order can independently be made.

After he leaves, my attending: "Once you make someone DNR yourself it's a civil case, but it can be a criminal case against you."

We all agree that he has no chance of surviving the Code, and even if he magically made it to a vent he'd die from respiratory failure. Or the kidney failure. Or maybe heart failure.

The other attending, my program's inpatient director for the hospital and "Physician of the Year" also balks at signing the form. Because he's not involved in the case, you see.

My attending says he'll talk to the ICU attending to maybe get a signature.

"Don't call it a soft code. Never say the words 'soft code.' But…"

I won't write the rest of what he said because I respect the man too much.

I am fighting uphill to do the right thing. Or what I think is the right thing. I don't know anymore.

Before I leave for the night, I text my attending asking if he signed the DNI/DNR. He replies "No. It’s a tough decision."

As I'm walking out I tell the nurse handing off this patient to the night shift that he is still full Code. She's incredulous. She had put out that bright pink MOLST form right in front of the attending to make sure it was signed two hours ago.

"Why didn't he sign it?"

"Because he's a moral coward."

I come home, watch Westworld, call up my best friend and weep.

Not the pretty tears of a Hollywood doctor overcome with their episode's brush with mortality who goes on to eloquently explain their sorrow.

No. It was ugly, wordless, choking crying.

Not for anything in particular. I couldn't say why today was the day I broke a little. Maybe a lot.

The only words I remember saying are "They all keep dying."

Day 19 The Story of Me

The absolute arrogance of you.

You thought you knew this thing. This loving monster. And yeah, you caught and exposed one case. You could probably catch every case from 100 yards out at this point from just basic labs and an O2 sat even without a COVID test.

But you had no clue early on that this was EVERYWHERE. That this would spread so quickly and would overwhelm the census this thoroughly. The ED was right to start testing everyone who entered the doors and it wound up protecting you and your team.

And you denigrated them for ordering those tests. Day 4, it's there in black and white. And now your census is 100% COVID even if they came in for a fall. You wrote that on the same day as you proclaimed your mastery of this plague. Idiot.

You can manage the cases on the floor and order all the meds that whatever today's recommended shotgun approach to management has advised. You can know each and every single COVID patient's SpO2 and if they're NC or NRB by heart and it doesn't matter.

The monster causes DVTs even in patients on blood thinners. How many people did you admit that were placed on SCDs instead of heparin or Lovenox because their clotting score was essentially nil? How many people on Lovenox still threw clots? How many did you discharge home two weeks ago without a 30 day prescription for Lovenox? How many of them are going to die?

And the sudden deaths. You didn't notice a pattern in all those Code Blues? How pretty much all of them were PEAs? You coded a guy on the loving floor because he dropped dead walking to the bathroom. How many did you send home are going to drop dead from that?

You advocated for a man to not receive CPR or be tubed like everyone else. What do you possibly think gives you the right? All you did was piss off your attending. Nothing changed. The patient will still end up getting Coded.

Every other doctor in the hospital is ok with pointless interventions, so why aren't you?

You're not doing well. And you want to forego one or two weeks of scheduled vacation to go volunteer for more of this suffering?

Your mentor got sick, and you could be sick. You already suspect you're an asymptomatic carrier like every other Resident.

Why stick with this?

The absolute arrogance of you.

But don't forget the good parts.

Don't forget going to an impromptu party you just had next door with your fellow residents.

Don't forget drinking Coronas and laughing with your friends.

Don't forget commiserating with them over this catastrophe.

Don't forget being open and honest with your interns and knowing they don't think you're an rear end in a top hat.

Maybe you're doing a good job.

You can't get that Starfleet Medical tattoo on your left deltoid in Brooklyn right now like you wanted, but you will eventually. And getting a permanent reminder of those three red lines of split skin on your left 5th digit knuckle from washing your hands constantly would be a nice memento of this shitshow.

The eyebrow gash you got from that botched piggyback ride last night is pretty funny though.

Hugs and kisses,

You

TL;DR

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Shipon posted:

i'm not one to defend newsom but as far as i can tell, california is actually handling this about as well as a state in the united states can (washington's probably the only place doing better)

Part of why California’s testing numbers are so low is because almost nobody fit the “Im on deaths door” criteria because we shut down our state early

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

thanks i can't afford to make it a tag because "essential service" means "minimum wage and cut hours"

i can fund it when i get my new av done

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Just kidding.

Uh. Wow?

How do you feel about the federal government's handling of this pandemic?

Are you a TRUMP fan?

Keep on keeping on, buddy.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Honj Steak posted:

there was never a fight. The Constitution officially bans religious discrimination, so in order for Burqas to be banned, the Austrian government decided to ban stuff like sports and business mascots, too. Yes, people there have been fined for wearing animal costumes because the Austrian government hates Muslims.

yea but there are more muslims than furries. nazi country won

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
There's no sign of the morning coming
There's no sign of the day
You've been left on your own
Like a rainbow in the dark

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Zoom Saturday Night Live is not very funny

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

Thoguh posted:

Getting ahead of banning large gatherings was a big deal, I think.

How many states are allowing in person Easter services tommorow?

of the ones that aren't explicitly "10 people or less":

Alaska
A state’ order bars private and public gatherings of people who do not live together, and the order does not exclude worship services. However, the state made accommodations for live-streamed services, saying no groups larger than 10 are allowed for the broadcast. Those involved must stay at least six feet apart, and at least 10 feet apart if there is singing or projected voices.

It also created accommodations for drive-in services and groups who plan to assemble and distribute Easter baskets.

Arizona
Arizona’s order says people may leave their homes to exercise their right to religion and free speech, provided the event gives ample opportunity for people to maintain a safe distance from each other “to the extent feasible.”

Arkansas
Places of worship can remain open in Arkansas, but staff must limit the number of people who can enter to worshippers who can stay at least six feet away from others. They must also provide hand sanitizer or soap and water near the entrance and other areas. Staff must also regularly disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched.

They also must post a sign at the entrance that tells everyone entering that they should avoid the place if they are ill, maintain a safe distance from others, sneeze and cough into one’s elbow and not shake hands or make unnecessary physical contact.

Colorado
The state allows houses of worship to stay open but they are “encouraged” to do services online if at all possible, or to conduct smaller services of 10 people or less to adhere to social distancing requirements.

Connecticut
The state has a stay-at-home order but deems religious services as “essential,” provided places of worship adhere to a previous order limiting gatherings to 50 people or less.

Delaware
The state exempted houses of worship from orders closing businesses, provided they can adhere to social distancing and other guidelines.

Florida
The state lists attending religious services as an “essential activity.”

Kansas
Kansas Gov. Laura Kelly, a Democrat, issued an executive order Tuesday that said religious institutions must follow an order limiting public gatherings to 10 or fewer people. However, a council of members of the Republican-controlled legislature voted 5-2 to overturn the order the following day. The state attorney general, also a Republican, said it likely violates the state constitution, according to The Associated Press.

Louisiana
Gov. John Bel Edwards banned gatherings of 10 people or more in his stay-at-home order, but also said going to a place of worship is an essential activity. Effectively that limits large services at places of worship.

Michigan
Services held at places of worship are not subject to Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s order that says violations of rules banning gatherings are criminal misdemeanors.

Minnesota
While the state’s stay-at-home order does not allow for people to worship outside their homes together, it says faith leaders and workers are essential and also includes people necessary to broadcast services online.

Mississippi
Religious entities and facilities may remain open, provided they adhere to state and federal guidelines to prevent the spread of the virus.

Gov. Tate Reeves emphasized that the state does not have the power to shut down a church or stop a service, but asked that churches not do it in-person, according to WHBQ-TV in Memphis.

New Mexico
While the southwestern state’s order bans mass gatherings of five or more people, it also exempts people from getting together “in a church, synagogue, mosque, or other place of worship.”

Ohio
The state’s stay-at-home order, which also bans gatherings of 10 or more people, excludes religious institutions.

Pennsylvania
Religious institutions are exempt from closing under Pennsylvania’s stay-at-home order.

South Carolina
Gov. Henry McMaster’s order says, “Attending religious services conducted in churches, synagogues, or other houses of worship” is an essential activity.

He subsequently said he wouldn’t stop churchgoers from going to Easter services because of the First Amendment, according to The State newspaper in Columbia. But he encouraged churches to stream services online, hold services outdoors or ensure people stay far enough away from each other.

South Dakota
An order from the governor does not explicitly mention religious institutions but also does not appear to limit their ability to stay open either. The state does not have a stay-at-home order.

Tennessee
Religious functions are exempt from Gov. Bill Lee’s stay-at-home order, provided the houses of worship can comply with health guidelines for social distancing and hygiene.

Texas
Texas is under a stay-at-home order, but religious services at houses of worship are allowed under the order. They are considered “essential services.” The governor’s office says that if services cannot be conducted from home or remotely, they should follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines by keeping the facility clean and using social distancing.

Utah
The state does not have a stay at home order, but rather a “directive” Gov. Gary Herbert issued March 27. Restrictions vary by county.

The governor’s directive does not apply to “faith leaders and workers” whenever their services are needed. That also includes workers necessary to broadcast services online.

West Virginia
Religious institutions are allowed to hold services, provided that gatherings still practice social distancing “to the greatest extent possible.”

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

PostNouveau posted:

Zoom Saturday Night Live is not very funny

When was the last time SNL was funny?

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

Iron Crowned posted:

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

There's no sign of the morning coming
There's no sign of the day
You've been left on your own
Like a rainbow in the dark

:regd10:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Iron Crowned posted:

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

madjackal for the cspam order of lenin

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

friendly 2 da void posted:

it's total bullshit

california has some of the worst testing rates in the nation

after newsom did his little PR stunt of donating ventilators to states around the country, local hospital administrators said "actually we are dying here and need those vents"

Testing doesn't determine how much virus there actually is though, behavior does. They want the vents for a predicted surge and not an already present one, not to mention Cali already has existing ventilator stock can be moved around. Could it prove to be a bad move? Yes. Was it done for PR? Also yes. It still should be done if the ventilators have more utility elsewhere, an existing need is more pressing than a predicted one. This kind of thinking will own you when crisis actually arrives and nobody else wants to help you lol.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
this is america ofc so it'll all go down the drain anyway

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

We're all rainbows in the dark now.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Government's next stimulus should just be that everyone gets a box of Quietus overnight shipped to their address on file.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

where the gently caress is my loving money

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

McMaster is going to kill a lot of people in SC.

I'm shocked AL and GA aren't doing something stupid.

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

In NZ 94% of people agree that the government did and is doing the right thing with our border closure and lockdown

In death cult land, people are scared of number go down

i'm glad to hear that NZ is doing well, from an outsider's view (i'm in the USA) your government seems amazingly sane and functional.

but on a personal level, holy poo poo has this roni situation hosed me sideways. i was considering immigrating to NZ if trump won a second term and thought it should be easy since apparently people who do what i do are in demand there and they'll fast-track your immigration status if you can land a job. then i found out that one of my colleagues had already landed a job and when we talked about it he said to give him a few months to get settled and then come over on a tourist visa to see the country and stop by where he worked for a totally-not-an-inverview-wink-wink day as the place he was going was on a hiring spree and willing to help with moving costs.

but now lol roni and lol biden and i'm trapped in this shithole country for the forseeable future.

also i work for a science lab and brain drain out of the USA is gonna be a real thing if trump wins again. even pre-roni we were starting to have difficulty hiring the world's best people because they don't want to move to the US.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

BeefThief posted:

where the gently caress is my loving money