Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
cant wait for the amazon competitors to use this to their adavantage

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Jonny 290 posted:

how's everybody feeling about living in hell

kinda mad i was born in a bad hellscape timeline where the planet is falling apart instead of a cool gay space communism star trek timeline where i can gently caress the holodeck in a perverted eldritch orgy transcending such common peasant terms like orifice and genitalia, but hey you know, i figure i was dead for 99999 bazillion trillion years throughout however many cycles of universal electron-proton soup plasma and will very shortly in a wink of an eye on (relatively speaking) continue to not-exist for 999999 bazillion trillions years. plenty of people were born into much worse time periods. might as well enjoy some drugs, music, video games, and drop hot shitposts with posting comrades on the interwebs and do whatever i can to make things an infintisemal less helly for current people and future generation(s)

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

same.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

No ring...

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Xaris posted:

kinda mad i was born in a bad hellscape timeline where the planet is falling apart instead of a cool gay space communism star trek timeline where i can gently caress the holodeck in a perverted eldritch orgy transcending such common peasant terms like orifice and genitalia, but hey you know, i figure i was dead for 99999 bazillion trillion years throughout however many cycles of universal electron-proton soup plasma and will very shortly in a wink of an eye on (relatively speaking) continue to not-exist for 999999 bazillion trillions years. plenty of people were born into much worse time periods. might as well enjoy some drugs, music, video games, and drop hot shitposts with posting comrades on the interwebs and do whatever i can to make things an infintisemal less helly for current people and future generation(s)

ensign this is commander riker. youre trapped in the holodeck right now. you are geordi laforge

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba

would

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

trite crew getting horned up stir some eggs

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Xaris posted:

In star trek timeline we still have 4 years until the Bell Riots, and 6 years until WWIII. We are pretty much right on track tbh

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

shovelbum posted:

Imagine going from 22 to 32 alone in a one bedroom apartment waiting for a vaccine and working your remote job or whatever

heh, i already did that during normal crapitalism times

:negative: i dont recommend it

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Jonny 290 posted:

how's everybody feeling about living in hell

👍

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

In star trek timeline we still have 4 years until the Bell Riots, and 6 years until WWIII. We are pretty much right on track tbh

:toot:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

punchymcpunch posted:

ensign this is commander riker. youre trapped in the holodeck right now. you are geordi laforge

:catstare:

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Running the "Capitalism" program with the holodeck safeties off is dangerous, what are you doing.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/mackayim/status/1249235840758247425?s=21

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Spoondick posted:

we found a mislabeled 7 rib roast for $42, got 6 ribeye steaks for the freezer and put a dry rub on the fat end 3 rib roast and will smoke tomorrow, roasted the ribs i trimmed from the steaks with the trimmed fat, saved the rendered fat for beef gravy roux, making stock overnight with the ribs and ends

GET BEEFY BITCH

real beefy

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/michaelmina_lab/status/1249247686894682112?s=21

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

punchymcpunch posted:

*tense music*

*cut to commercial*

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
idk about you but i kinda want to be protected from tuberculosis whether or not it also protects against covid tbh

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

PDP-1 posted:

i'm glad to hear that NZ is doing well, from an outsider's view (i'm in the USA) your government seems amazingly sane and functional.

but on a personal level, holy poo poo has this roni situation hosed me sideways. i was considering immigrating to NZ if trump won a second term and thought it should be easy since apparently people who do what i do are in demand there and they'll fast-track your immigration status if you can land a job. then i found out that one of my colleagues had already landed a job and when we talked about it he said to give him a few months to get settled and then come over on a tourist visa to see the country and stop by where he worked for a totally-not-an-inverview-wink-wink day as the place he was going was on a hiring spree and willing to help with moving costs.

but now lol roni and lol biden and i'm trapped in this shithole country for the forseeable future.

also i work for a science lab and brain drain out of the USA is gonna be a real thing if trump wins again. even pre-roni we were starting to have difficulty hiring the world's best people because they don't want to move to the US.
i've been in grad school since end of 2016 and was aiming for my defense at the end of next year, but lol there's going to be no economy left to find a job in by that time so gently caress, just my luck. stuck in this awful country when i was hoping to use a phd as a way out

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Fix posted:

I wish I could smoke weed instead of drink but it cranks my insomnia into untenable places.

try taking a five hour nap in the middle of the day. gotta coordinate with the kids nap times but you can fly right in there and get it done

what time is it.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

punchymcpunch posted:

we've been watching the star trek with picard and the first season has like 3 'trapped in the holodeck' episodes so far and a couple retro covid-19 episodes and we're like 7 episodes in.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
is there a good bar soap with moisturizers I can switch to if I can’t find liquid soap

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

lol at getting a fever on a Wednesday and dead by Saturday

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

empty whippet box posted:

we've been watching the star trek with picard and the first season has like 3 'trapped in the holodeck' episodes so far and a couple retro covid-19 episodes and we're like 7 episodes in.

Yeah even in the future they can't manage a Pandemic worth a poo poo.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Steve Yun posted:

is there a good bar soap with moisturizers I can switch to if I can’t find liquid soap

it's called soap and then use lotion homeboy

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Steve Yun posted:

dove do one called beauty bars, i assume every brand does. i use sorbolene bars and i think sorbolne is a moisturizer, too

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

death by covid-19? yeah I dunno if I have space on my calendar. let's just tentatively pencil it in.

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

happy easter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUEvtEYfsd0

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Lpzie posted:

death by covid-19? yeah I dunno if I have space on my calendar. let's just tentatively pencil it in.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Can someone help me out here, I want to see one of those charts again that compared several patients over time, and which symptoms each patient had starting on which day. Can't find the image anymore. Most that I see don't drill the data down to individual patients.

If I remember right, headache and fever tended to be the first two to present themselves in the most patients, even before cough or tightness. I want to double check because my wife has had a mild fever and headache for 24 hours.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

this one?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
you don't die from covid-19, you die with it from unrelated reasons, such as a car crash or a heart attack you were already going to have or unrelated pneumonia

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Yes, that's the most recent one I saw, thank you. Looks like headache's not on there. Another one I saw listed more types of symptoms, published by China very early on IIRC.

Does headache typically come early on in the progression? A first symptom? It's reassuring to see that coughing was most people's first symptom on the image because my wife's not coughing today, but is coughing present first for everybody?

I already asked her if her taste/smell changed, she said they're working great :unsmith:

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

PDP-1 posted:

i'm glad to hear that NZ is doing well, from an outsider's view (i'm in the USA) your government seems amazingly sane and functional.

but on a personal level, holy poo poo has this roni situation hosed me sideways. i was considering immigrating to NZ if trump won a second term and thought it should be easy since apparently people who do what i do are in demand there and they'll fast-track your immigration status if you can land a job. then i found out that one of my colleagues had already landed a job and when we talked about it he said to give him a few months to get settled and then come over on a tourist visa to see the country and stop by where he worked for a totally-not-an-inverview-wink-wink day as the place he was going was on a hiring spree and willing to help with moving costs.

but now lol roni and lol biden and i'm trapped in this shithole country for the forseeable future.

also i work for a science lab and brain drain out of the USA is gonna be a real thing if trump wins again. even pre-roni we were starting to have difficulty hiring the world's best people because they don't want to move to the US.

Man, I looked at getting out of the US. But with no degree and no other languages, it looks like I'm stuck here. I'm a self-taught EE/ME building factory automation / robotics in silicon valley, which is cool and all, but I'm not sure how many boxes that ticks on a govt form. NZ in particular seemed pretty keen on having official certifications and stuff to prove your worth.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1249257450706014208?s=20

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

ryanrs posted:

Man, I looked at getting out of the US. But with no degree and no other languages, it looks like I'm stuck here. I'm a self-taught EE/ME building factory automation / robotics in silicon valley, which is cool and all, but I'm not sure how many boxes that ticks on a govt form. NZ in particular seemed pretty keen on having official certifications and stuff to prove your worth.

I wanted the option of fleeing to China (my wife's a citizen, I have a PhD, it might work and I like it there) but they've now shutdown all flights by visitors she says :smith:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Yeah, there's a few images like that, but they're not too informative without a sense of how many patients experienced each one at which day in the process

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

shovelbum posted:

What's the alternative, this thing kills 20% without hospitals

We haven't seen that fact viscerally enough. No one is going to be against another year in lock down in October when we are right back at 2500 deaths a day and increasing more rapidly after 250k already died last time.