Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Wenn du deine Milch mit über 5000 Umdrehungen rührst und das Milch VTEC los legt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I've got a Propagandhi shirt with a cool owl on it. Thanks for reading my post

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Smirr posted:

I've got a Propagandhi shirt with a cool owl on it. Thanks for reading my post

The owl might be cool but is it also powerful? :thunk:

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
happy easter, thread :3:

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Also, as a present for oliwan:

Furnaceface posted:

HopperUK posted:

Lychnis posted:

Topical ketamine lotion has worked wonderfully for my trigeminal neuralgia. It numbs everything up really nicely, and in doses way too small to have any mental effects (that I've ever noticed, anyway). Yet a lot of doctors seem really surprised when they see it on my prescriptions list.
Wow I've never heard of topical ketamine, that's great.
We compounded it in my pharmacy twice. And then never again because its micronized and gets into the air easily and ends up everywhere which is not ideal for a retail pharmacy.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
You put any amount of chocolate in my vicinity and I'll eat it all. For a while, way back, I would buy myself the 300g Schoko&Keks Milka and basically eat it like a piece of bread. You know, as a treat. A billion calorie diabetes treat. These days I understand myself well enough to not buy any snacks ever.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

GhostDog posted:

You put any amount of chocolate in my vicinity and I'll eat it all. For a while, way back, I would buy myself the 300g Schoko&Keks Milka and basically eat it like a piece of bread. You know, as a treat. A billion calorie diabetes treat. These days I understand myself well enough to not buy any snacks ever.

Milka also silently reduced package sizing, so those are only 270g bars now.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
See, I got out before the going got rough.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

GhostDog posted:

:same:

I've enough experience with this idiot brain of mine to never let it anywhere near chocolate or chips again, outside of social occasions. Fool me once, shame one you. Fool me, well you can't get fooled again.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

GhostDog posted:

You put any amount of chocolate in my vicinity and I'll eat it all.
/

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

If I pick up food, I'm unable to put it down again. It's the only area of my life that's 100% 'Do or don't at all, there is no try'.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

oliwan posted:

btw friends, I'm happy to see that so many posters are interested in cruelty free lifestyles :)

:hfive:

oliwan posted:

Peter Singer's

:chloe:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Social-isolation-chili-update:

My ailing Peach Ghost Scorpion is still trucking along strongly. I'm trying to help her by adjusting the fertilization/gießing schedule, and it looks like she's powering through the rate of newly-infected leaves by just growing new ones.
The chilis are almost literally Trinidad-Scorpions from their shape and texture, but just as large as my Carolina-Reapers (also a Trinidad-Scorpion offspring) from last season.

You couldn't possibly devise a more angry-looking shape & texture for a chili, to be quite honest.
Gonna spend the rest of the day cutting back my ailing Lemon Drop/Ajit Pineapple, and..probably all of my chilis, and then clean up the balcony a bit.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

those chilies look like the grinch :haw:

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Randler posted:

The owl might be cool but is it also powerful? :thunk:

You be the judge:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mithaldu posted:

Also, as a present for oliwan:

quote:

Wow I've never heard of topical ketamine, that's great.
We compounded it in my pharmacy twice. And then never again because its micronized and gets into the air easily and ends up everywhere which is not ideal for a retail pharmacy.

thank u op :3:

put it on top of the pile of reasons why ketamine is awesome :chillpill:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Smirr posted:

You be the judge:

gently caress yeah propagandhi bro :respek:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Laschet is going to announce the plans for stepping down the lockdown this evening. :ohdear:

(Also, apparently all the churches rang their bells for a quarter hour today. Curious coincidence during a plague. :thunk:)

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Social-isolation-chili-update:

You couldn't possibly devise a more angry-looking shape & texture for a chili, to be quite honest.

Looks like a STD, probably sychilis.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
So, now that corona is over, what are you guys planning to do? Soon we can finally continue licking the buttons of traffic lights.

Joking aside, according to the RKI today is the first day that the total amount of infected Germans is only twice as large as the amount of healed persons.
One in two corona patients, who was sick enough to get tested, is healthy again.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

cant cook creole bream posted:

So, now that corona is over, what are you guys planning to do? Soon we can finally continue licking the buttons of traffic lights.

Joking aside, according to the RKI today is the first day that the total amount of infected Germans is only twice as large as the amount of healed persons.
One in two corona patients, who was sick enough to get tested, is healthy again.

Not just here, today is also the first day in Austria with more recoveries than active cases.

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

Switzerland is also looking as if it's getting better. But better wait a few days after the long weekend before getting happy.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Ika posted:

Not just here, today is also the first day in Austria with more recoveries than active cases.

Technically, Germany would need to have had such a day at some recent point too. But since the recovery numbers are really vague it's hard to say when that was.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
:rip: NRW goons.

Laschet gonna kill us all.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Randler posted:

:rip: NRW goons.

Laschet gonna kill us all.

Nah, he's not saying reopen everything NOW! This is saying that there need to be actual strategies if we are ever reopening things step by step. Seems reasonable to me.

Bavaria should stay in a complete state of shutdown forever, though. Also, close the borders.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cant cook creole bream posted:

Nah, he's not saying reopen everything NOW! This is saying that there need to be actual strategies if we are ever reopening things step by step. Seems reasonable to me.

Bavaria should stay in a complete state of shutdown forever, though. Also, close the borders.

He has been testing the waters for reopening fast as soon as he started the lockdown.

And his speech today was 50% confused religious stammering and 50% rattle-breathing. After hellyears 2019 and 2020, that does not make me feel optimistic about our chances.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Randler posted:

Laschet is going to announce the plans for stepping down the lockdown this evening. :ohdear:

(Also, apparently all the churches rang their bells for a quarter hour today. Curious coincidence during a plague. :thunk:)

Laschet posted:

Die Ausbreitung des Virus verlangsamt sich von Tag zu Tag.

:derp:

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

I mean it is slowing down slightly, according to the RKI stats. Last week had less cases than both weeks before. But I won't believe its a major change in trajectory until there isn't a big jump on tue / wen / thur / fri making up for the 4 day weekend and people visiting family for easter.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Laschet's in more denial about the Corona curve than I am about my FDDB.info weight chart trend line.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Randler posted:

Laschet's in more denial about the Corona curve than I am about my FDDB.info weight chart trend line.

number go up :toot:

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

@Randler: I need legal advice. How far am I allowed to drive for essential Einkaufs?

Like, Lidl um die Ecke: Okay?
Lidl in Unterhaching: Pushing it?
Kaufland in Erding: Verboten?

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
Why would any of these be problematic? There is no current limitation on mobility innerhalb Deutschlands.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

AndreTheGiantBoned posted:

Why would any of these be problematic? There is no current limitation on mobility innerhalb Deutschlands.

Jokes aside, I'm fairly sure you're still not allowed to just casually drive around for a leisurely Ausflug, right?

/edit:
To clarify, I'm talking about Bayern, where I'd wager that auch Autofahrten still have to be zweck-gebunden (Arbeit, Medikamente, Einkaufen, etc.), so my brain was idling a little too long and started wondering whether there may be actually restrictions on how far you can drive to go Einkaufen.
And I'm not talking about someone taking their Audi S3 with a brand new Remus Abgasanlage out 80km to a Rosenheimer-Lidl because it's "their favorite Lidl and they totally had to take the Landstraße", but legit shopping run with a legit shopping list and actual Einkäufe on the way back.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Apr 14, 2020

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Check your state, but over here in SH you can do all the Ausflugs you want as long as you don't do them with other people not living in your household.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
uht milk does not lose any benefits, according to all studies. I thought americans were weird by not having uht milk, didn't know germans were the same.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Celexi posted:

uht milk does not lose any benefits, according to all studies.

Except it tastes like poo poo.

I mean it still works in a coffee but I'm not putting H-Milch on my cornflakes.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
UHT milk tastes like rear end on its own, yeah.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Jokes aside, I'm fairly sure you're still not allowed to just casually drive around for a leisurely Ausflug, right?

pack a crate of Pfand into your car and say you're trying to bring it back but the shops are picky about what they take, so you're searching for a store which'll take all the Pfand, problem solved :v:

What I'm saying is get one of the Apfelessig bottles from dm and try to give it back, nobody will take it despite it being Pfand.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
I grew up drinking uht milk so I guess I done see the difference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Celexi posted:

I grew up drinking uht milk so I guess I done see the difference
Ya this