Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Inceltown posted:

It's an analogy for the working class.

gunna be lots of rat bucketing imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Drinkfist posted:

Oh gently caress you just reminded me of a real crisis. I only got one and a half rolls of TP left. Where the hell am I going to legit find TP if everyone in the USA is panic buying the stock every loving time. I just need one pack of four and a roll of paper towels for fucks sake. Amazon is out of stock on everything and what ripoff poo poo they do have doesn't ship for another month and a half. gently caress, America really is gonna be full of poo poo as soon as I start squatting into my hand and throwing it out on the street in anger.

This is literally the worst item people could have settled on to panic buy. Why didn't they just say it was gonna be beef and chicken or some poo poo that I don't wipe my rear end with?

Do you know someone who works in retail?

My gf's store has stocks of all the in-demand items reserved for employees. The security guard who spends all night sleeping in his car buys his ration of 1 pack of TP every day. He ain't using all that by himself. Those poo poo tickets are being bartered or sold.

Some items are being kept in backstock, not being put out on the shelves. I thought it sounded stupid, but I guess you should just ask if they have some TP in the back.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Quarantine life been hard on Mayor Pete

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Inceltown posted:

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/status/1249119448285491202

How much do you want to bet this doesn't translate into backpackers coming here and doing illegal work below legal rates?

They'll probably just pay some mates' companies to make a bunch of poo poo here and import the rest like usual.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Homeless Friend posted:

I just became the tp despot for my whole family, figured buy big, never have to worry for ages and they don't go out and die like morons. For an example, this was available at 9:10PM PST.

With the exception of my brother who is five states over all nine of my relatives are dead and my circle of friends is online nationally and internationally. Unless they can somehow deliver me toilet paper by visiting my Animal crossing island and allowing me to physically pull it out of my switch I don't see a single one of them making the quarantine breaking and embarrassing trip to a fedex center to box and ship a roll of toilet paper for internet friends to wipe their asses unless I shower them with nook miles tickets or worse. My TF2 Hats.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Zeroisanumber posted:

I went to a local distillery and they sold me a gallon of 195 proof wood alcohol for $10. I washed out an old tobasco bottle and now I use it as sanitizer.

Not sure if that's an option for everyone, but it's worth a look if there are booze makers in your area.

the local distillery here is making shitloads of it, just show up with your own bottle of use one of the ones provided, it's pretty cool of them and going forward when I'm in the market for some fancy liquor I'm gonna be buying from them

I'm good on soap and sanitizer so haven't taken any of theirs, just noting how the supply chains are reacting

I wouldn't be surprised if the issue with TP shortages wasn't hoarding so much as just the market flipping overnight from 80% business/institutional to 80% home packaging

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

orange sky posted:

https://twitter.com/AgenciaElVigia/status/1249415369837682690?s=19

Chile counting dead as recovered because they're not contagious anymore

Lmao

They've recovered from life

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

jetz0r posted:

Some items are being kept in backstock, not being put out on the shelves. I thought it sounded stupid, but I guess you should just ask if they have some TP in the back.

As a retail worker, do not loving ask this.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Drinkfist posted:

With the exception of my brother who is five states over all nine of my relatives are dead and my circle of friends is online nationally and internationally. Unless they can somehow deliver me toilet paper by visiting my Animal crossing island and allowing me to physically pull it out of my switch I don't see a single one of them making the quarantine breaking and embarrassing trip to a fedex center to box and ship a roll of toilet paper for internet friends to wipe their asses unless I shower them with nook miles tickets or worse. My TF2 Hats.

what part of this wretched state are you in

(you don't have to answer, I understand)

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

jetz0r posted:

Do you know someone who works in retail?

My gf's store has stocks of all the in-demand items reserved for employees. The security guard who spends all night sleeping in his car buys his ration of 1 pack of TP every day. He ain't using all that by himself. Those poo poo tickets are being bartered or sold.

Really? You want me to go into a retail store and give the secret password that is "Can you check in back" and hope they don't kill me outright with looks alone. I don't have any joints to slip em to know I am a cool dude. At least none I will spare to wipe my own rear end.

Edit: Who am I kidding I don't have any loving joints.

Drinkfist has issued a correction as of 09:59 on Apr 13, 2020

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

snoo posted:

what part of this wretched state are you in

(you don't have to answer, I understand)

Burtonsville. The gently caress are you guys gonna do. Make my life worse? lol

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

excuse me do u have any helium in the back

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
If they have stuff out back for staff, guess who it’s for, the staff, who have to spend all day dodging virus shedding fuckstains screaming at them about why there’s no mayo on the shelf.

If you ask “Do YoU hAvE AnY iN ThE BaCk?” You’re, at minimum, getting shitlisted for life, and maximum you finally crack one of them and they straight up kill you right there on the shop floor.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Rah! posted:

excuse me do u have any helium in the back

oh my god one time I had to roll one of those tall thick heavy canisters from the back and it took me fifteen loving minutes

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

If they have stuff out back for staff, guess who it’s for, the staff, who have to spend all day dodging virus shedding fuckstains screaming at them about why there’s no mayo on the shelf.

If you ask “Do YoU hAvE AnY iN ThE BaCk?” You’re, at minimum, getting shitlisted for life, and maximum you finally crack one of them and they straight up kill you right there on the shop floor.

Hell I would disembowel myself on the spot for the dishonor of asking that. I expect everyone to follow my example in the future. No Bushido these loving animals.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Drinkfist posted:

Burtonsville. The gently caress are you guys gonna do. Make my life worse? lol

I don't think I can toss a roll 30 miles but it was worth a shot

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

She's telling me that's what her store is doing. Maybe only some safeways are doing it, because it seems like a lovely system that rewards the worst customers.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

this sucks

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

the rats deserve better

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

snoo posted:

if only saddam had created that tp super cannon

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

welcome to 2020, if you don't personally know a low level wage slave who 2 months ago were among the most ignored and reviled class of people in this nation, you have no back door to vitally necessary supplies and you'll have to fight old ladies for them like the rest of the normies

do NOT ask them if they have more in the back

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

snoo posted:

the rats deserve better

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Lots of stores have specific policies about not allowing understocking of product. The last thing they need right now is customers pitching a fit because they think employees are hoarding all the good stuff for themselves.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

drat the easter candy be on sale and I can't justify going to target for ten bags of cadbury mini eggs........

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Have there been an state border shut-downs? That seems like the only way out of this when certain states finally get infections and deaths down to a rate where they can start tracking individual infections again.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

MadJackal posted:

Yep. I’m taking it.

For what it’s worth, a lot of people have read my stuff and have offered to take me in and shelter me.

I’m very much considering blowing a grand and driving a few hundred miles to meet people and get better.

Do it, I was never wealthy at all, but I went broke traveling and I don't regret it, because there is nothing else which has enriched my life more. If anything this current crisis has only reaffirmed my belief that it was good to do so while I still could. I have no idea when I'll see my family again, much less when I'll have the time and money to explore the world. If there are good people out there waiting for you and your heart seeks adventure and your situation allows you to pursue it, why not? And like I said, you could use a break.

twoday has issued a correction as of 10:17 on Apr 13, 2020

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Mad Jackal is going to be what Jeb! always wanted to be. He can go anywhere in America and people will clap for them.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Homeless Friend posted:

Mad Jackal is going to be what Jeb! always wanted to be. He can go anywhere in America and people will clap for them.

and there will be good guacamole everywhere and baby hitler will die

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

snoo posted:

Don't worry about it. The universe tends to unfold for me when I am in the shitter. This time literally.

You reminded me of this terminal lance though so enjoy some military gallows humor in this trying time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoKm9S_9NXc

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Covid19: Vermintide

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4GlR6X4ljU

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

When I worked in retail I loving loved being asked to check the back because it meant taking an on the clock break "checking the back"

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

agreed

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

if someone with the roni looks you square in the eye, then you get the roni too.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Where the gently caress are my Trump bux

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

err posted:

Where the gently caress are my Trump bux

15 at the earliest

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Drinkfist posted:

Oh gently caress you just reminded me of a real crisis. I only got one and a half rolls of TP left. Where the hell am I going to legit find TP if everyone in the USA is panic buying the stock every loving time. I just need one pack of four and a roll of paper towels for fucks sake. Amazon is out of stock on everything and what ripoff poo poo they do have doesn't ship for another month and a half. gently caress, America really is gonna be full of poo poo as soon as I start squatting into my hand and throwing it out on the street in anger.

This is literally the worst item people could have settled on to panic buy. Why didn't they just say it was gonna be beef and chicken or some poo poo that I don't wipe my rear end with?

if you have a detachable showerhead, use that to blast your rear end with water

if you don't, but you at least have a faucet, which should be around knee to ankle-height, you can turn it on, face away from it, then squat with your backside right underneath the water and work with that

last resort - fill a dipper / tubby / small pail with water, sit on your toilet, and then pour the water behind your back, down to your rear end

you can wipe your rear end with your bare hand, then wash your hands afterwards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if the issue with TP shortages wasn't hoarding so much as just the market flipping overnight from 80% business/institutional to 80% home packaging

ya p sure its this. woolies sent me an email saying tp demand is like 1.45x what it normally is which if anything is less than i would expect from all the extra people pooping at home