Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CPA Hell
Apr 15, 2007

I like to press the number six!

Schnorkles posted:

So I've been working through the PPP process for the business I work. We're in a boat where we're kind of affected and kind of not, but the residual economic impacts are causing most of our clients to delay payment and having it will be very helpful if things get really bad.

anyways it took about a week to get approval and confirmation that the funds were reserved and will be another 10-12 days to actually see it hit the account. We can weather that without any problems but 20+ days of no business and payroll for a restaurant is basically curtains.

every business that can, should apply for the PPP loan and most should apply for an EIDL from the SBA. every small business is more affected by this, many more than they realize right now. and by the time it’s hitting their bank account it will be too late. wfh, hits to supply, hits to demand, increasing demands on IT, distractions during normal business hours, transportation issues, lack of face-to-face coordination and sales, and more things than I can think of and name will all accumulate and effect the bottom line over time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

Gringostar posted:

any research coming out of china always gets peer reviewed (like every other research) and is taken with a grain of salt until verified because of those government imposed redactions

i feel like peer reviewing research is just common sense regardless of "government redaction's", and even so throwing out all research from china is just lol

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Gringostar posted:

his ex wife stole it all

which one?

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

Gringostar posted:

his ex wife stole it all

*dives into the thread*

WHICH ONE?

e:fb

PyPy has issued a correction as of 17:51 on Apr 13, 2020

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

no way anyone would marry lowtax, much less more than one

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Gio posted:

in all sincerity, can he, say, reopen schools that states have closed? asking bc im a teacher and dont want to die.

no lol

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Epic High Five posted:

Didn't Jesus forgive Judas

jesus forgave everyone*, christians tend not to

*olive tree had it coming

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

tenth amendment lol

what a garbage amendment

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Chunky Salsa posted:

Question- do they give the Snake asscheek harness to the men as well?
I demand Feyd-Rautha wearing one golden bat hanging on for dear life.

Tweet thread from ex-Navy nuke explaining why it's kind of important to keep the nuke staff healthy on an aircraft carrier

https://twitter.com/KimWooster11/status/1249480330404417538

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

CPA Hell posted:

I’m in the country and I’m waiting on this to break my kid’s brain. She’s getting bored with Xbox and YouTube and streaming shows and movies, but rejects ideas like walk to the creek, cook a different meal or read a book on the back porch. She just can’t make the leap to the idea that being passively entertained isn’t all there is to actual enjoyment. She did as a kid, but her teenage years and too much screen time have her all messed up. I’m hoping she’ll have a realization during this and make some serious changes.

man thats weird, i spent a huge portion of my life just wandering around neighbors' forests and old railroad tracks and poo poo

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Gringostar posted:

any research coming out of china always gets peer reviewed (like every other research) and is taken with a grain of salt until verified because of those government imposed redactions

I guess that would explain why most medical research coming out of the west is un-repeatable garbage, because apparently only papers written by the dirty chinks should actually receive any scrutiny.

Check out this load of fake state sponsored "research" they published in January about some "novel coronavirus", clearly some nefarious plot to destroy America's economy with panic. Luckily our wise white scientific minds saw right through it.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2001017

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
we take chinese research with a grain of salt, unlike how we treat research from french doctors famous for literally just making numbers up...

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

CPA Hell posted:

every business that can, should apply for the PPP loan and most should apply for an EIDL from the SBA. every small business is more affected by this, many more than they realize right now. and by the time it’s hitting their bank account it will be too late. wfh, hits to supply, hits to demand, increasing demands on IT, distractions during normal business hours, transportation issues, lack of face-to-face coordination and sales, and more things than I can think of and name will all accumulate and effect the bottom line over time

how does my small business friend do this, he has a board game company but no explicit payroll so is despondent . his games are stuck in some warehouse in europe due to low priority and he's convinced he's gonna be BK

im actually hoping to help him get unemployment since the rules on that are going to be so weird , might as well apply. even if he was earning $0/mo he should be able to hit up that $600/week check. too bad the 600/week expires on a fixed date at the end of july (according to chicago suntimes) and you can just get it from may-september or whatever

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
lol the dirty what

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
soft k its fine

CPA Hell
Apr 15, 2007

I like to press the number six!

i am harry posted:

There is an exact replica of this video from Italy about two weeks ago

god drat... I was just thinking the same. but didn’t realize it was only 2 weeks ago.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

seattle plague rat posted:

lol the dirty what

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Seriously though please continue to ignore any and all research coming out of China. I mean who could really know anything about a country of 1.3b people, do we even know they exist? Maybe they've actually all died of the virus already and these papers are just written by ghosts? Makes you think

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Gio posted:

in all sincerity, can he, say, reopen schools that states have closed? asking bc im a teacher and dont want to die.

he can't reopen anything other than federal buildings and federal land.

Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008
Has Peter Thiel yet announced a plan to deliberately infect teenagers and harvest their plasma for antibodies?

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Lady Militant posted:

i feel like peer reviewing research is just common sense regardless of "government redaction's", and even so throwing out all research from china is just lol

it's not common sense, it's literally how the scientific community has worked since like forever

and the same level of skepticism that's given to research coming from china is also given to russia because their governments have a tendency of redacting/editing poo poo

racism has literally nothing to do with it which is why chinese & russian post-docs are hired a ton by researchers throughout the world (and not just because they're cheep, all post-docs are cheep by their very nature)

current research on covid-19 however has been way more skeptical of what's coming from china than usual because of how much redaction/editing has been found to the point where most labs aren't using their data pretty much at all but instead are looking at the absolute deluge of information that has been pouring out of way more trusted labs

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
"Well I guess wear a mask if you want."

- Well informed white American health authorities in like the end of March 2020 LMAO.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Admiral Ray posted:

he can't reopen anything other than federal buildings and federal land.

he could declare martial law unilaterally and use federalized guard troops to force stuff open

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The issue isn't the quality of Chinese research, it's that the government is actively redacting information they think will be damaging.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

SKULL.GIF posted:

The issue isn't the quality of Chinese research, it's that the government is actively redacting information they think will be damaging.

ding ding ding

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
hell yes radioactive plague barge filled with bullets and bombs is more metal than doom :black101:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

SKULL.GIF posted:

they may have squashed that super important bus study , it got retracted with no explanation a week after publishing

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

Gringostar posted:

it's not common sense, it's literally how the scientific community has worked since like forever

yes i am aware hence using the term common sense as it means "generally accepted correct choices to make". you are the one who said they are peer reviewed specifically which I found odd because isn't that supposed to be the case for everything?

Gringostar posted:

and the same level of skepticism that's given to research coming from china is also given to russia because their governments have a tendency of redacting/editing poo poo

lol

Gringostar posted:

current research on covid-19 however has been way more skeptical of what's coming from china than usual because of how much redaction/editing has been found to the point where most labs aren't using their data pretty much at all but instead are looking at the absolute deluge of information that has been pouring out of way more trusted labs

then you could have said "while usually theres no issue, in this case we think they are loving with the data for x y and z reasons" .

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

mastershakeman posted:

man thats weird, i spent a huge portion of my life just wandering around neighbors' forests and old railroad tracks and poo poo

This poo poo is why I'm really limiting my kids' digital intake.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Gringostar posted:

Remember at the start of trump when climate researches were told they're not allowed to use the phrase "climate change" or "global warming" in their papers?

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Turn up for number

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Throatwarbler posted:

"Well I guess wear a mask if you want."

- Well informed white American health authorities in like the end of March 2020 LMAO.

there's actually some truth to this

there's a paper done by a team in thailand (i think, don't quote me on that) about the effectiveness on cloth masks (the kind that people are being required to wear in places like LA now) re: spreading airborne viruses that showed while there was something like a 5% drop in the spread from person to person there was a 20% increase in the severity of symptoms for the people that are infected because you end up re-breathing poo poo your body is trying to shed

there is also some evidence that corona was in the US (SF specifically) back in november but US doctors had no idea what the hell it was because no one really did at the time

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

shovelbum posted:

he could declare martial law unilaterally and use federalized guard troops to force stuff open

to myself in 2000: and then president donald trump declares martial law to ensure freedom of movement. no seriously

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

SKULL.GIF posted:

Its this. See also the loads of history and archaeology articles that come out of China that basically get tossed in the garbage because they have to toe party line.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Blockade posted:

gently caress joggers.

My number one concern with going on a walk, taking out the trash, or spending the bare minimum amount of time to get groceries or whatever is having to dodge loving joggers. I live in a metro area so stepping out the door any time of day means I have to deal with at least 1 or 2 of them, they never have masks or feel any concern about brushing right past you. loving 21st century plague rats.

lol yesterday my neighbor had a little kids' birthday party with hella kids. in addition, it was held in some tiny apartment complex and all the guests were gridlocked and blocking traffic on a busy thoroughfare getting in and out of the tiny gate. lmao.

*suddenly.. every character from every known game, cartoon, comic, TV show, movie, and book reality come in dancing with coffins*

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
the boomers upstairs that infected me are still coughing and going out every day

ethically i think slashing their tires is acceptable, but also i need the canadians to let me across the border when its open

its a real conundrum

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

This poo poo is why I'm really limiting my kids' digital intake.

I'm so glad my first computer was an Apple IIe in the '80s, didn't have internet until I was almost out of high school, and I didn't have a smartphone until I was in my late 20s. I avoided so much BS

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

otoh their economy is getting hosed even worse than ours by this so this could very well just be a desperate "things are leveling off, let's open the floodgates" situation

it is

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

i am harry posted:

There is an exact replica of this video from Italy about two weeks ago

https://twitter.com/SamueleMarcora/status/1241624761815490560?s=19

1 month ago. America did nothing and will now suffer a worse fate.

The actual fatality total is much, much higher than the official one. Pick your multiple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Woofer posted:

That was only two weeks ago?

it was exactly a month ago march 13th