Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

brugroffil posted:

He'll deprive those states of much needed federal funding as the entire conservative media apparatus goes all in on supporting "protests" by chuds in those states.

he’ll say “navin goosom” and the entire dem party will fold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Man Musk posted:

lol yesterday my neighbor had a little kids' birthday party with hella kids. in addition, it was held in some tiny apartment complex and all the guests were gridlocked and blocking traffic on a busy thoroughfare getting in and out of the tiny gate. lmao.

*suddenly.. every character from every known game, cartoon, comic, TV show, movie, and book reality come in dancing with coffins*

Things I have observed in my hallway alone. One family has friends/family over regularly. All the Indian kids ~6-8 years old are still playing together, this is 4 families in my hallway, and at least two from other hallways. One family includes a nurse.

It's not a matter of if, it's now just a when at this point.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1249751644851572737

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

SKULL.GIF posted:

The issue isn't the quality of Chinese research, it's that the government is actively redacting information they think will be damaging.

What pansy rear end government doesn't suppress information that's damaging to it

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Tei posted:

yep, stillsuits for everyone (at Arrakis)

at first i thought this was an industrial album cover

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Throatwarbler posted:

"Well I guess wear a mask if you want."

- Well informed white American health authorities in like the end of March 2020 LMAO.

Lol where exactly do you think you're posting, this forum has been about how much the American government sucks since its inception (both this forum and America itself)

OK so Fauci's gone by Friday

Speaking of things that will also be gone by Friday: the 2 million worldwide cases milestone

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Second wave in Hokkaido https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...navirus-infecti

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

*president immediately uses all written and unwritten powers to bully nerd into stepping down*

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

I stopped running entirely in favor of riding my bike cuz dealing with other runners who don't make any attempt to give space was impossible yeah

now it's just a pain to deal with all the people walking or running in the loving bike lanes

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

he's absolutely firing fauci now

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

A strange moment in March was when a news anchor said that citizens without a medical job wearing masks were "letting themselves be ruled by fear" for not adhering to the early CDC announcement

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

so it’s happening

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Its like in professional sports when they come out and say they have "full faith and confidence" in a particular player or coach that will be very shortly :commissar:'d in a day or two

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Gringostar posted:

there is also some evidence that corona was in the US (SF specifically) back in november but US doctors had no idea what the hell it was because no one really did at the time
It wasn't in China in November. Follow https://twitter.com/i/lists/1232513827301777408, which is nothing but scientists, and has had multiple debunkings of the "Americans had COVID-19 last fall".

Arsenic Lupin has issued a correction as of 18:49 on Apr 13, 2020

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Lady Militant posted:

yes i am aware hence using the term common sense as it means "generally accepted correct choices to make". you are the one who said they are peer reviewed specifically which I found odd because isn't that supposed to be the case for everything?

there's a difference between "this research looks promising so lets test it" and "we're super skeptical of this so lets test it". research all over the world gets put into either of those two based on where it comes from and what comes from china is almost always the later because of government fuckery. there's also research that comes from several labs/researchers in the US/europe/elsewhere that gets placed into the later because of a history of fuckery as well.

Lady Militant posted:

then you could have said "while usually theres no issue, in this case we think they are loving with the data for x y and z reasons" .

nahh, i'd rather make you specifically upset

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Arsenic Lupin posted:

It wasn't in China in November. Follow https://twitter.com/i/lists/1232513827301777408, which is nothing but scientists, and has had multiple debunkings of the "Americans had COVID-19 last fall".

Yeah it's fake news to saw it was around before Dec.

Scientists pretty much know from back tracing the genetic code and mutation it hopped from animals to humans sometime in early Dec.

It was on the radar in China in a big way when doctors started to nice a wave of patients with SARs like medical problems.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Feldegast42 posted:

Its like in professional sports when they come out and say they have "full faith and confidence" in a particular player or coach that will be very shortly :commissar:'d in a day or two

The dreaded vote of confidence.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Feldegast42 posted:

So basically like being the head coach of the Redskins or the starting Quarterback.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

ive talked to a number of colleagues and we agreed that we’re not going back. we’re not unionized teachers btw. and i know that we can organize the community to refuse to send their kids back. hopefully the michigan aft refuses to go back, too.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Arsenic Lupin posted:

link is broken but good to know

Optical Inch
Oct 26, 2002

Soiled Meat

ryanrs posted:

I used to bike a lot, before I became lazy and fat and got an SA account. We ride side-by-side so we can chat with each other. If you were biking, you'd do the same.

Just drive into the other lane to pass. It's not that big a deal. We're not doing it just to make you mad, I promise!

Appreciate that but why slow down traffic behind you on two lane roads where passing your mobile hangout means going into on-coming traffic? Maybe limit chat time to where cars won't have to pass you?

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

just coming in here to laugh at the postal service going full death crew with the new stamp, which I don't know if it is new or not but I just found out about it so it's news to me

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
lmao 15 volcanoes went off simultaneously in the pacific on April 10th

the earth is gonna kill us

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

CPA Hell posted:

god drat... I was just thinking the same. but didn’t realize it was only 2 weeks ago.

I was wrong it was a month ago exactly.
https://twitter.com/davcarretta/status/1238791068071661568

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Gringostar posted:

link is broken but good to know
Oops. It's the comma. Editing, but https://twitter.com/i/lists/1232513827301777408

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

Gringostar posted:

there's a difference between "this research looks promising so lets test it" and "we're super skeptical of this so lets test it".

What's the criteria used?

Gringostar posted:

nahh, i'd rather make you specifically upset

How rude!! :mad:

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Lady Militant posted:

then you could have said "while usually theres no issue, in this case we think they are loving with the data for x y and z reasons" .

There's a shitton of junk science coming out of China in general though and as a result everyone always looks studied coming out of there with some level of scrutiny.

Not that people are liable to be padding their resume by faking data with COVID19 right now since that's liable to be found out, but "while usually there's no issue" is patently false when you look at the numbers of studied with made up data and retracted papers there are coming out of Chinese academia.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

https://twitter.com/oldbabysister/status/1249750883203678209

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

"what's turmp gonna do, fire me?" -man about to be fired

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Schnorkles posted:

we deserve to die

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Lady Militant posted:

What's the criteria used?

recorded history

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/twitersbadboy/status/1249715705861324800

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
It kinda sucks that my well being, both mentality and physically, depends on assholes either washing their hands, wearing a mask, not jogging up to me, letting their kids scream nonstop, locking their dog on the porch in the sun to bark for hours at a time, throwing kid's birthday parties, going to church, then dealing with the decisions from the assholes most of them elected...

I'm loving over it all today

CPA Hell
Apr 15, 2007

I like to press the number six!

mastershakeman posted:

how does my small business friend do this, he has a board game company but no explicit payroll so is despondent . his games are stuck in some warehouse in europe due to low priority and he's convinced he's gonna be BK

im actually hoping to help him get unemployment since the rules on that are going to be so weird , might as well apply. even if he was earning $0/mo he should be able to hit up that $600/week check. too bad the 600/week expires on a fixed date at the end of july (according to chicago suntimes) and you can just get it from may-september or whatever

for the PPP loan, it opened to self-employed people on the 10th. funds will run out quick so he should contact his bank today, get all the requirements and let them know he IS applying. this one is forgivable he gets it and spends it appropriately.

EIDL can be googled. it’s on a SBA page where you apply for a disaster relief loan. they will advance up to $10k, but the advance eats into the forgivable portion of the ppp loan. it’s good for paying vendors, rent, loans. requires more demonstration of an actual loss of income, but it sounds like that will be easy in your friend’s case

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Schnorkles posted:

And the Chernobyl wildfires reignited https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/11/world/europe/chernobyl-wildfire.html

Gringostar posted:

we deserve to die

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
smoke the tooth

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Just rolled over to 1,900,000 worldwide cases

Better-than-50/50 chance we get 2 million tomorrow

Norton the First
Dec 4, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Rotacixe posted:

Has Peter Thiel yet announced a plan to deliberately infect teenagers and harvest their plasma for antibodies?

I think Robin Hanson did that for him.

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

LimburgLimbo posted:

There's a shitton of junk science coming out of China in general though

As compared to the rest of the world? In a discussion with my department lead a few weeks ago he mentioned how awful basically every U.S. polling company was at accurately judging outcomes within margins of error that would never be accepted elsewhere. We then talked about the factors of why that might be and at no point was the idea that "americans intrinsically cannot do statistical analysis" floated.

Gringostar posted:

recorded history

What's the amount of times a chinese academic publication needs to "get things right" in order to be considered?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Optical Inch posted:

Appreciate that but why slow down traffic behind you on two lane roads where passing your mobile hangout means going into on-coming traffic? Maybe limit chat time to where cars won't have to pass you?

Get out of the way I gotta go fast in my two thousand pound wheelchair.