Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

SardonicTyrant posted:

Skip it, play the Nyakuza Metro DLC instead. It's astounding that the Arctic and Metro levels are from the same game.
Honestly, just watch the cutscenes on Youtube.
Yeah I got like 3 or 4 time pieces from Nyakuza first so I could actually open up the Cruise levels but I'm done with this thing. Hat in Time's level design generally annoys the poo poo out of me and the way they couldn't make up their mind on whether each level was a hub or an actual level (with portals/time pieces maybe there, maybe not!) was frustrating. I've seen 90% of it and finished the main game, that's enough. Might be the first time in history that the swamp level in a game is actually the best laid out.

IN OTHER NEWS, someone bought my jpeg for $920:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Good luck with your induction ceremony.

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
I hope that wasn't some kid that got hold of their parent's credit card.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

What was it? When a cosmetic sells for $10 that already seems absurd to me, $920 is mindblowing.

Edit: Oh it says it there, a CS-GO gun skin.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Trickyblackjack posted:

I hope that wasn't some kid that got hold of their parent's credit card.

Nah, hope it's a kid because at least they're at an age where they can learn from this. There's no hope for a 30-40 something making this transaction. That or valve is back to being a go-to choice for money laundering in this pandemic filled world due to real-fake business not being able to legally operate.

I sold a foil card for 4 bucks yesterday and thought that felt big time.

Sivek fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Apr 12, 2020

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Wireless MS Laser Mouse 5000?

If so, or a similar one, that was a good mouse. My second one (Found at a goodwill without a receiver lol, but I already had one, so $5!) died a year or so ago and this Logitech G603 I was ok for a while, but is developing this weird issue where it double clicks even on a single click for all buttons.

Also if its broken you've not much to lose by trying to open it up and clean in.

It's the super duper basic and bluntly-named "wheel mouse optical". Judging from reviews on Amazon and Newegg I wasn't the only one who loved the things. Sadly all that's left are outrageously overpriced listings and knockoffs.

Cleaning and repairing it isn't really the problem, getting the dang thing apart in the first place is. The screws are all hidden under the rubber pads and one was super glued back into place years ago. Basically it's not outside the realm of possibility, but for the moment I'm fine with switching over to the Razer I bought months ago anticipating this exact circumstance.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

John Murdoch posted:

It's the super duper basic and bluntly-named "wheel mouse optical". Judging from reviews on Amazon and Newegg I wasn't the only one who loved the things. Sadly all that's left are outrageously overpriced listings and knockoffs.

Cleaning and repairing it isn't really the problem, getting the dang thing apart in the first place is. The screws are all hidden under the rubber pads and one was super glued back into place years ago. Basically it's not outside the realm of possibility, but for the moment I'm fine with switching over to the Razer I bought months ago anticipating this exact circumstance.
That was my first optical mouse which I bought in about 2000 and it died the exact same way in 2010. I miss it, although it did force me to switch to something with more than three buttons which I've grown accustomed to.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

How is War of the Chosen if I thought the base XCOM 2 was decent but not great? Is it a big overhaul or just a "more of the same" kind of expansion?

It's pretty good, but I don't think it'll redefine it for you. I'd say the worst parts of WotC are that the zombies can become a chore (especially their reveal action cam shots) and the titular Chosen chat to you a lot and are very easy to beat for how much they sass you. It's also more story in a game you'd hope to be replaying a few times which can feel repetitive if you do.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
For some reason the devs thought that what was realllly missing from the first game was a dogshit SyFy channel script penned by Michael Bay on opiates

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon
Did War of the Chosen actually improve XCOM 2's optimization

Fired up base XCOM 2 and it runs really poorly still in 2020; I get not everything can be Doom Eternal, it's still impressive

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

40 Proof Listerine posted:

Fired up base XCOM 2 and it runs really poorly still in 2020; I get not everything can be Doom Eternal, it's still impressive

Yes. WOTC has a lot of optimization, but they didn't backport those changes to the original XCOM 2.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

40 Proof Listerine posted:

Yes, WotC actually launches it's own version of the game that fixes all the performance issues. Loading screens extremely quick for example.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I’m having a really good time playing Remnant: From the Ashes with my friend.

It’s like Dark Souls, Diablo 2 and Borderlands mixed together with awesome coop.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Rolo posted:

It’s like Dark Souls, Diablo 2 and Borderlands mixed together with awesome coop.

My only gripe is last boss blows

Orv
May 4, 2011

Junkie Disease posted:

Depending on when you played they made it considerably less tedious but less tedious than monstrously so is still not great.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Junkie Disease posted:

Mine is the friend I’m playing with. Not only did he skip the tutorial but he’s putting 100% of his skill points into the perk that grants more experience.

I’m just calling it the chaos build.

Orv
May 4, 2011
That's actually the way to do it.

Well, it may be slightly less useful if you just run each area a single time and call the game done.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Apparently this is an actual game and not an April Fool's Day joke as I suspected :stare:

Orv
May 4, 2011

CommissarMega posted:

Apparently this is an actual game and not an April Fool's Day joke as I suspected :stare:

Good, that is the perfect title for it.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

CommissarMega posted:

It’s both! The best April Fools jokes are the ones with follow-through.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I went ahead and got the Humble Bundle thing because I like Hitman and also Zachtronics. But uh... what did I actually get with Hitman 2? It says I can buy all the levels still and the only thing I have greyed out is Hawke's Bay which it says is free anyways. Did this do anything?

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

kater posted:

I went ahead and got the Humble Bundle thing because I like Hitman and also Zachtronics. But uh... what did I actually get with Hitman 2? It says I can buy all the levels still and the only thing I have greyed out is Hawke's Bay which it says is free anyways. Did this do anything?
Restart Steam in 20min and check this page again: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/11358/HITMAN_2__Standard_Edition/

You can also click on any one of the levels to load the page and verify you own it with the standard green banner.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
The levels from Miami to Isle of Sgail are included in that key.
Also start those new Hitman games once, and quit after you get to the main menu. They phone home and can unlock stuff in Steam in a weird way.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Apr 13, 2020

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Junkie Disease posted:

My gripe would mainly be that I want to play everything but the bosses on hardest difficulty, and the bosses one rung down from that. Also the boss fights rely on adds more than I’d like. All over it’s definitely a great coop game. I really like the mechanics in general.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

thanks, i assumed that there was you know, something included in the key, but it was weird seeing everything still advertised like hey complete your collection

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Rolo posted:

It's very enjoyable in coop. Had good fun with it too playing with friends.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Strix, did you ever find a good chill Spider Solitaire game? I can't take the Microsoft one. Ads are too annoying and I'm not paying them monthly for it.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Irritated Goat posted:

Strix, did you ever find a good chill Spider Solitaire game? I can't take the Microsoft one. Ads are too annoying and I'm not paying them monthly for it.

My friend hooked me up with the old Windows XP versions of spider soliatire and a few others, so yes! I have wasted entirely too much time on it already.

Here is the zip You need the .dll file in the folder. I recommend putting on some chill music and playing. Note that the undo button is finicky in both freecell and spider - it works, but you have to learn its rhythms.

PS she tossed in pinball as well, it's nowhere near as good as Pinball FX3 or Zaccaria Pinball, but it's super nostalgic.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
Anyone played Super Arcade Racing? I just saw something about it pop up in my twitter, and it sure looks like something that would check a lot of nostalgic boxes for me inhabited with memories of RC Pro Am, Micro Machines, and Rock and Roll Racing. But I suspect whether that game successful captures the appeal of those games depends more on how it feels than how it looks.

Anyone have hands on experience?

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

this Logitech G603 I was ok for a while, but is developing this weird issue where it double clicks even on a single click for all buttons.
This is happening to my Logitech G600 right now, is the reason I had to get rid of my previous Logitech mouse, and pops up frequently in the SH/SC mouse thread. Not buying another mouse from them anytime soon.

I'm so paranoid about this issue appearing again that I'm looking at mice that use laser switches instead of hardware switches.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

This is happening to my Logitech G600 right now, is the reason I had to get rid of my previous Logitech mouse, and pops up frequently in the SH/SC mouse thread. Not buying another mouse from them anytime soon.

I'm so paranoid about this issue appearing again that I'm looking at mice that use laser switches instead of hardware switches.

Is their warranty support still awesome? I have had to replace one mouse and one headset from them and they were awesome both times and sent replacement products with zero hassle. Both my replacement headset and mouse have never failed.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

In my experience, unwanted double-clicks are usually caused by a small amount of grime building up on the switch and can be fixed by opening it up and gently cleaning the switch. I’d look for videos for the particular model, but it’s usually not too hard and you can usually skip any “take apart the switch” steps by sliding a small piece of paper between the switch and contact a few times.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I'm watching a playthrough of Half Life: Alyx and have to say, it's a bit of a strange experience. Not really quite like what I expected, really. The gameplay honestly just isn't much of anything. There's a gun, you point it, it shoots, it's very basic. There's very few enemies and not a lot of ammo either, which almost gives it a bit of a survival horror feel.

A much greater difference from classic Half-Life games is all the dialogue, though. Alyx is constantly talking. There's incidental conversations about everything, which really surprised me. It's really driving home how awful the storytelling and characterization of the Half-Life games is by comparison. I'm already more interested in what happens to Alyx than I ever cared about Gordon Freemon through either of his two games.

I still can't see them actually giving Freeman a voice role in the next Half-Life game (if that ever happens) even though they've just reminded people why silent protagonists kinda suck. The purists would just flip their lid and is Valve nothing if not stuck up about that kind if thing.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I bet Valve could hire Morgan Freeman to voice Gordon Freeman if push comes to shove.

[fake edit] Honestly the best way to have Gordon talk to people would be through sign language.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Cardiovorax posted:

I'm watching a playthrough of Half Life: Alyx and have to say, it's a bit of a strange experience. Not really quite like what I expected, really. The gameplay honestly just isn't much of anything. There's a gun, you point it, it shoots, it's very basic. There's very few enemies and not a lot of ammo either, which almost gives it a bit of a survival horror feel.

A much greater difference from classic Half-Life games is all the dialogue, though. Alyx is constantly talking. There's incidental conversations about everything, which really surprised me. It's really driving home how awful the storytelling and characterization of the Half-Life games is by comparison. I'm already more interested in what happens to Alyx than I ever cared about Gordon Freemon through either of his two games.

I still can't see them actually giving Freeman a voice role in the next Half-Life game (if that ever happens) even though they've just reminded people why silent protagonists kinda suck. The purists would just flip their lid and is Valve nothing if not stuck up about that kind if thing.

I agree with most of your post, but the gameplay really doesn't feel "basic" when you're doing it. Creeping down hallways, pushing doors open with your gun, dropping the mag when you try to reload in a hurry - it feels like plenty of gameplay to me.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i watched someone do this part with an invulnerable monster that cant see you but can hear you and you had to distract it by throwing bottles and poo poo. felt extremely survival horror-esque

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Gort posted:

I agree with most of your post, but the gameplay really doesn't feel "basic" when you're doing it. Creeping down hallways, pushing doors open with your gun, dropping the mag when you try to reload in a hurry - it feels like plenty of gameplay to me.
Yeah, sorry, I expressed that badly. I meant that in a mechanical sense - the interactivity of the world is pretty impressive and I'm sure it feels amazing when you're actually playing. As a shooter it's fairly basic, but there is certainly a lot game to play around with there.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

jesus christ someone send help I just spent the last hour playing spider solitaire instead of asscreed like I wanted to. I kept thinking "one more game" and ughhhh

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

ZearothK posted:

I bet Valve could hire Morgan Freeman to voice Gordon Freeman if push comes to shove.

[fake edit] Honestly the best way to have Gordon talk to people would be through sign language.

Using any VA other than the dude who made Freeman's Mind is UNACCEPTABLE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

ZearothK posted:

He should swing the crowbar around and grunt.