Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The press is noticeably pushing back more and more at each conference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Suck my balls WIGOP

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

https://twitter.com/NathanJRobinson/status/1249834941745172487?s=19

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

Xand_Man posted:

I'm wondering at what point the press just starts needling him w/ Qs like "what do you think about the tensions in Wakanda" or "would you describe your father as affectionate?"

You're not going to get anything useful out of these meetings anyway; might as well swing for the fences
The reporters picked for this would never be so indecorous as to do something that would be good for the future of politics on purpose

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

lmao Republicans were determined to have this election by hook or by crook and the Democratic lead keeps widening

with a 5-4 liberal majority is there any chance of getting gerrymandering ruled unconstitutional at the state level?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Yeah buddy, they are going to win by campaigning directly against the most unpopular President of all time with a raging plague and collapsing economy

Good plan there Donny! :downsbravo:

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Apr 14, 2020

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

VH4Ever posted:

Nah, it is. And I like Bernie. But he's sold his soul to the DNC two elections in a row now after being knifed in the back each time. He's just too drat nice.

Now that even Bernie has failed the purity test by *checks notes* endorsing a Democrat for president in the hope of accomplishing literally anything, we can move back to the official business of screaming into a pillow and wondering why moderate Democrats don't bother courting the far left vote.

Hairy Marionette
Apr 22, 2005

I am not immune to propaganda

VitalSigns posted:

lmao Republicans were determined to have this election by hook or by crook and the Democratic lead keeps widening

with a 5-4 liberal majority is there any chance of getting gerrymandering ruled unconstitutional at the state level?

This victory only makes the state supreme court 4 conservative judges to 3 liberal judges.

Edit: 4-3, not 5-4.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

VitalSigns posted:

It would be a 4-3 chud majority on the court if the democrat wins this race.

The Angry Bum
Nov 10, 2005

VitalSigns posted:

Oh this result is going to be heading into a US Supreme Court challenge and will be tossed because the Conservative might lose in the election that was rigged for them.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
They're just going to declare Trump a king and call it a day for the Constitution.

https://twitter.com/Yamiche/status/1249838678651940865

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Whoops. Oh well, one more turd flushed down the sewer.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/1249836431050244096

lol. good times.

Dick Trauma posted:

They're just going to declare Trump a king and call it a day for the Constitution.

https://twitter.com/Yamiche/status/1249838678651940865

dudes a loving lickspittle, not surprised.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

VH4Ever posted:

Nah, it is. And I like Bernie. But he's sold his soul to the DNC two elections in a row now after being knifed in the back each time. He's just too drat nice.

If Sanders didn't think he could influence policy and push the country in a positive direction by working within the systems as they exist, he wouldn't even be a Senator. He clearly thinks that endorsing Biden early is the best way to push the establishment leftwards, and personally I don't think he's wrong.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1249836319376900098

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

BiggerBoat posted:

I don't think this is entirely fair.

I believe this is what Al-Saqr is referring to

NYT posted:

It was late January when Zephyr Teachout, a liberal law professor allied with Mr. Sanders, wrote a column in The Guardian alleging that Mr. Biden had “a big corruption problem.” Mr. Sirota, the Sanders aide, who is known for his voluble and combative online persona, quickly blasted out her column to his large email list. A new phase of conflict between Mr. Sanders and Mr. Biden seemed to be underway.

But Mr. Sanders put a stop to it. “It is absolutely not my view that Joe is corrupt in any way,” Mr. Sanders told CBS News.

In private, Mr. Sanders’s campaign went further, according to two people familiar with the internal turmoil. As punishment for stirring the controversy, Mr. Sirota, who is based in Colorado, was barred from traveling for the campaign outside of visits to its Washington headquarters.

The conflict over Ms. Teachout’s column was part of a long-running debate within the Sanders campaign about what approach to take with Mr. Biden. A small group of advisers — including Mr. Tulchin, Ms. Turner and Mr. Sirota — regularly pleaded with Mr. Sanders to attack the former vice president.

But Mr. Sanders resisted, giving speech after speech scorching unnamed establishment Democrats but declining to pursue Mr. Biden directly. He ruled out several lines of attack against the former vice president because they touched on Mr. Biden’s role in the Obama administration, which Democratic primary voters revere.

Mr. Shakir and a second senior aide, Ari Rabin-Havt, took Mr. Sanders’s side and repeatedly reminded other campaign officials that Mr. Sanders was the ultimate decision maker on the campaign. In conversations with associates, both men agreed that it might make sense to criticize Mr. Biden in a sharper way. But they said Mr. Sanders could not be persuaded to do so: He and Jane liked the Bidens personally, and their word was final.

Your usual caveats about postmortem campaign reporting apply. Sourcing for this story had bones to pick with Turner and Shakir and that's evident throughout.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
The funniest/saddest thing about those Wisconsin elections is that turnout is up from the state SC election last year

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I think Biden is going to win. If the Wisconsin GOP can't win an election rigged so obviously in their favor as this one, I don't think they can win in November.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Dapper_Swindler posted:

he desperately wants to be a king.

Kings who acted this way did not stay kings for long. Not that Trump would know that.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

mcmagic posted:

It would be a 4-3 chud majority on the court if the democrat wins this race.

oh well that's confusing, why does the Times say the balance of the court is at stake then

unless they just mean that the partisan balance won't be exactly the same if the incumbent loses...describes every election ever

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Just the other day he said he doesn't take responsibility and the states are on their own.

Then he started taking states medical equipment away.

Doctor Butts fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Apr 14, 2020

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Now that even Bernie has failed the purity test by *checks notes* endorsing a Democrat for president in the hope of accomplishing literally anything, we can move back to the official business of screaming into a pillow and wondering why moderate Democrats don't bother courting the far left vote.

What did Bernie get for this endorsement?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

Kings who acted this way did not stay kings for long. Not that Trump would know that.

to quote a fictional rear end in a top hat. "If you acquire a reputation as a mad dog, you'll be treated as a mad dog. Taken out back and slaughtered for pig feed. "

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Dick Trauma posted:

People earlier were talking about Jared's weird face...

https://twitter.com/calleread/status/1249479505229438976

This is what happens when you marry into the Trump family. All the ugliness that you are expected to create melds your face

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Seems like you have your cause and effect backwards there.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
So wait, one of the judges up in Wisconsin is an incumbent; did they rule on procedures for their election, or did they recuse?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Doctor Butts posted:

Just the other day he said he doesn't take responsibility and the states are on their own.

Then he started talking states medical equipment away.

its a mix of him being a petty dipshit and the system being a loving mess for various dumb reasons that directly/indirectly tie back to him.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

VitalSigns posted:

oh well that's confusing, why does the Times say the balance of the court is at stake then
Oh word the paper that’s garbage about everything else it reports got that wrong too??

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

OddObserver posted:

So wait, one of the judges up in Wisconsin is an incumbent; did they rule on procedures for their election, or did they recuse?

I believe he recused but the others did the dirty work for him. Looks like it's going to blow up in their little chud faces though.

BirdOfPlay
Feb 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Guze posted:

Any absentee postmarked by election day counted if it was received by today

Apparently Wisconsin never specified what to do if there wasn't a postmark, either, so every board of elections (canvassers?) in the state is going to, arbitrarily, chose how do deal with those ballots. According to this story from the Madison State Journal.

From that story:

quote:

In Madison, as of 4:15 p.m. Monday, a total of 963 ballots had been rejected. Of those, 377 had no witness, 341 had a postmark that was later than Tuesday, 203 had no voter signature, 38 listed no address for the witness and four were hand-delivered after the election.

Over a third of the ballots that were throw out in Madison were following the guidelines that were legal from Friday-Monday when SCOTUS overturned the Circuit court ruling.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Terror Sweat posted:

What did Bernie get for this endorsement?

That's something we likely won't know in total until the convention, or even the inauguration. Endorsements can almost be like favors, and how much Sanders gets out of it will potentially come down to how generous or genuinely thankful Biden and his people are when decisions are made further down the road. (e: Or how much Sanders and his people push to be paid back for that favor later on down the line)

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Sodomy Hussein posted:

it's because they think if they toss enough brown kids in cages, their republican co-workers might respect them, op

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

https://youtu.be/TxCqOw5_4oE

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Acebuckeye13 posted:

That's something we likely won't know in total until the convention, or even the inauguration. Endorsements can almost be like favors, and how much Sanders gets out of it will potentially come down to how generous or genuinely thankful Biden and his people are when decisions are made further down the road.

as a reminder, biden's first big Compromise With The Left (tm) was significantly to the right of Hillary's.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Lol this moron is so close to screaming "I AM THE STATE!"

One of these days one of these things is just going to be him stomping his feet and holding his breath until the press is nice to him

Also watch Pence and Trump start a loving (civil) war

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I can't believe he's going back to H1N1. "17,000 people died, it was handled terribly"

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Blind Pineapple posted:

Put it in PYF

Also, Trump does the Col. Jessup speech from A Few Good Men, but after "you're god drat right I did" the judge shrugs and says "Well, it looks like there was a crime here, but a sitting president cannot be charged, only impeached."

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3920041

Go nuts. Most of you guys are funnier than me anyway so looking forward to to what goons come up with.

quote:

In his last known in-person service on March 22, Bishop Gerald O. Glenn got his congregation at Richmond’s New Deliverance Evangelistic Church to stand to prove how many were there despite warnings against gatherings of more than 10 people.

“I firmly believe that God is larger than this dreaded virus. You can quote me on that,” he said, repeating it a second time to claps, saying that “people are healed” in his church.

Help! HELP! I'm being repressed!

Happily announcing he was being “controversial” by being “in violation” of safety protocols — with “way more than 10 people” at the church — he vowed to keep his church open “unless I’m in jail or the hospital.”

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Medullah posted:

I can't believe he's going back to H1N1. "17,000 people died, it was handled terribly"

22,000 deaths and counting: gold star for me

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

Medullah posted:

I think probably because he knows that it was handled pretty fuckin' well by Obama who, at the time, didn't even have all his appointments seated. Like they were still in transition mode at the time and all these agencies did exactly what they were supposed to fuckin' do.

He's also probably angry that he listened to the loving uber-chud from the Koch Foundation that told him to deep six the response team a couple years back.

I have to wonder if the man ever sits alone at night and realizes that he's being setup as the mark for all the people he desperately wanted to be accepted by. Like, in the end they get to run their fever dream libertarian experiment on the United States at the highest level and for the rest of time everyone is going to lose all that in the details and still blame him.

It's gotta eat at him. He's loving dim, but I bet he realizes this by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Acebuckeye13 posted:

That's something we likely won't know in total until the convention, or even the inauguration. Endorsements can almost be like favors, and how much Sanders gets out of it will potentially come down to how generous or genuinely thankful Biden and his people are when decisions are made further down the road. (e: Or how much Sanders and his people push to be paid back for that favor later on down the line)

Seems like a lovely deal for Bernie supporters then and they should continue to be vocal about how Joe doesn't have their vote