Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1249834932513505280

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

"America can't just stop paying tax to England!!!!!!"

yeah i can see how this is exactly the same

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

FizFashizzle posted:

honestly gently caress tennessee

WNC should be the western bulwark against the hordes from the plains

my people will defend it. don't worry about it

Yeah, Tennessee is a real poo poo state

Alabama with self esteem

Just gross

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Over Easy posted:

I also agree 100% with dissolving Nashville

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

in acid?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

don't get me started on gatlinburg

you can't expect us to take them AND myrtle beach. that's just too much

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Steve Yun posted:

I was already stocked up on stuff because of earthquake paranoia in California. Started giving out stuff to friends and taking self-distancies. Cooking food for friends helps a lot, it occupies your mind for long periods of time and also scratches the productivity/“I’m making a difference!” itch.

nice gently caress blog, playa

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Admiral Ray posted:

they can't really do that

so in your opinion is there a way to say have business and individuals not have to send money to the IRS if these east and west coast pacts do end up taking things further to say balkanization

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Agrajag posted:

so in your opinion is there a way to say have business and individuals not have to send money to the IRS if these east and west coast pacts do end up taking things further to say balkanization

the local company HRs would jsut have to redirect the taxes to a new payee

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

collecting taxes is secondary tho and not important

printing money is the important part

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I skipped this conference so of course it's the spiciest. looking forward to lots of terrible trump clips

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

seattle plague rat posted:

did u end up having that drink

No, I'm afraid. I just hit the pipe

E: just flower, not crack

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Agrajag posted:

sure they could, then whoever they bank with will freeze all their assets.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/04/gop-rep-massie-warns-us-weeks-away-not-months-food-shortages/

GOP Rep. Massie Warns US is ‘Weeks Away, Not Months,’ From Food Shortages posted:

He warned that livestock could end up being euthanized and fruits and vegetables will be left to rot in the fields if a drastic change isn’t made.

“We are weeks, not months, away from farmers euthanizing animals that would have been sold for meat/food. Also, fruits and vegetables are going to rot in the fields. A drastic change in policy this week could ameliorate this inevitability,” Massie tweeted Monday, along with a link to a radio show he appeared on to discuss the issue.

We are weeks, not months, away from farmers euthanizing animals that would have been sold for meat/food. Also, fruits and vegetables are going to rot in the fields. A drastic change in policy this week could ameliorate this inevitability.

During the interview, Massie raised concerns about the fact that while there is livestock, farms have no where to send them because meat processing plants have shut down because of the virus.

“You have people running the government that have no clue about how the economy works and how their food gets to the table,” Massie said.

“The shocking thing is that farmers are watching the value of their hogs and steers, cows, go down. In fact, they’re going to some of the lowest levels ever,” he added. “So the question is: Why is the price of meat going up in the supermarkets and the price of cattle going down at the auction ring? It’s because our supply line is brittle. You have to take cattle, steer, beef, whatever, hogs, to a processing plant. And these processing plants, like much of industrial America right now, are shutting down because of absentees, which has been exacerbated by the unemployment program the federal government has instituted — plus the $1,200 checks that are about to hit, plus some of the regulations that the states have put in place.”

Massie explained that six of the largest processing plants are shut down.

“I’m afraid you’re going to see … cattle and hogs being euthanized or incinerated and buried while we have shortages at the supermarket. And you talk about civil unrest when you start seeing that. And it’s all because of the brittle food supply chain,” he said.

The Kentucky representative said that he has also introduced a bill to help prevent a shortage.

“I’ve got a bill that would let these local meat packers sell cuts of meat individually instead of having to sell half a cow or a quarter of a cow,” he said.

If you won't die for number, you will starve for number.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Admiral Ray posted:

sure they could, then whoever they bank with will freeze all their assets.

good thing I use a local credit union then!

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

facetoucher cat posted:

No, I'm afraid. I just hit the pipe

E: just flower, not crack

coward

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Where is everybody getting the black face masks? Curious because I was seeing a lot of them on the street when we went out for groceries.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

he's demanding that angels do a barrel roll now

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Gringostar posted:

votes will be manufactured to make the republican win

mah gawd that's waukesha's music

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Where is everybody getting the black face masks? Curious because I was seeing a lot of them on the street when we went out for groceries.

paging pm trudeau

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

euphronius posted:

no one will take West Virginia lmao

West Virginia will be a governmentless wasteland fought over by energy interests

so basically nothing will change

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

FAUXTON posted:

mah gawd that's waukesha's music

lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

When somebody is the Czar of Russia, the authority is total. And that's the way it's gotta be. It's total."

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

etalian posted:

When somebody is the Czar of Russia, the authority is total. And that's the way it's gotta be. It's total."

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i mean hes just a dummy and doesnt know what hes actually saying but id like him to try to enforce this on states with the military. itd be a very funny civil war.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

FizFashizzle posted:

don't get me started on gatlinburg

you can't expect us to take them AND myrtle beach. that's just too much

I'm from Gatlinburg gently caress you but also you're right on that one

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Lmao at the UI whining

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

I'm in the process of packing up my apartment so I could either have one drink and be good about it or I could get blotto and poo poo in the bathtub crying about a conversation I had in 3rd grade then feel like crap tomorrow. You're damned right I'm a coward

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Arsenic Lupin posted:

A friend made mine

E: wait...

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

this loving sucks

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

hes right in that were about to run out of food, but lol the processing plants have closed because too many workers are sick. you cant force them to reopen.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

he’s not wrong unfortunately

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Over Easy posted:

I'd take way more Kentucky for way less virginia

Tidewater virginia is one of the rankest assholes in the country

I also agree 100% with dissolving Nashville

Doesnt really get anymore clear as to why goons want balkanization than the guy saying "can we please kick out all the places where black people live"

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I'm from Gatlinburg gently caress you but also you're right on that one

people are actually from Gatlinburg?

what are you, brass knuckles labeled as paperweights pretending to be an SA poster?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

LOL he finally went full dictator.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Basic Poster posted:

There are chuds (Matt Shea, Amon Bundy) who are 100 gonna try to set up a white straight Christian racist as poo poo enclave spanning the i90 corridor across eastern WA, ID and most of Montana. Anyone want to venture a guess at the name they'll pick?

Lobbying so the Alliance of the Great Lakes will send an expeditionary force to help put the nazis down

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

it will be extremely funny when trump forgets all of this tomorrow

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Chest pain has let up and instead moved to my bowels, guess im rona free still and it was just the beans

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

hes right in that were about to run out of food, but lol the processing plants have closed because too many workers are sick. you cant force them to reopen.

If only there was some way to find out whose infected, a test perhaps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

hobbesmaster posted:

he’s not wrong unfortunately

He is, enforcing (or not) stay at home orders is a state power by the 10th amendment