Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Paula Deen?
Paula Deen
Paula Deen
View Results

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

I love Sohla so much.

Sohla needs to appear on every BA show. And have her own show. And be my friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Chill Hangs with Sohla, her dogs, and Priya's dad (Priya can come or not, doesn't matter to me).

She really needs her own Gourmet Makes/Back to back/It's Alive regular series. Aren't she, Rick, and Christina the only BA'ers without one?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I’m very much enjoying the live-streams Alton Brown and his wife have been doing on YouTube.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene

Nephzinho posted:

Sohla needs to appear on every BA show. And have her own show. And be my friend.

:haibrow:

atothesquiz
Aug 31, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

I’m very much enjoying the live-streams Alton Brown and his wife have been doing on YouTube.

I've been enjoying his other shorts as well. I like that he's more open and free to say what he wants since it's his YouTube channel and not a network's, like when he actually names brand name products that he likes even though they're not sponsors.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

I've only seen Alton's latest breakfast edition one, but I hope we get to see more of him like this and less of his persona he does for television shows. Just shooting the poo poo while making coffee and waking up, talking about things around his house, and talking poo poo on camera.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

kloa posted:

I've only seen Alton's latest breakfast edition one, but I hope we get to see more of him like this and less of his persona he does for television shows. Just shooting the poo poo while making coffee and waking up, talking about things around his house, and talking poo poo on camera.

Definitely check out the other Quarantine Quitchens then. When he and his wife are both a bit more animated, they’re hilarious. She doesn’t put up with any of his bs, and it’s great. Also, you’ll see the great sabre failure.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

prayer group posted:

Babish fuckin' rips, and I think most of the people whose opinions matter will agree. His cooking is pretty entry-level but it's approachably presented with a sense of humor and excellent camera work. It has everything that made Good Eats good.

That dork-rear end motherfucker who was upset that he wasn't a Real Chef can suck me on soft. Making cooking unpretentious and accessible to more people is always a good thing, whether you think it's "cringe" or not.

mfw sweaty nerds say they dont like this marketing major's calculated attempt at exploiting trends

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

chef operator babish

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
no USMC tatts, 0/5

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Midniter posted:

Whatever you think of him, dude is rolling. His channel gets a shitload of views, he just bought a house, bought his brother a Tesla, seems like a genuinely nice guy and is shacking up with a cutie, so good for him.

what?

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

babish has parlayed his limited kitchen skills into a successful gig at worst, career at best, and seems happy with a partner and a home

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

Borsche69 posted:

mfw sweaty nerds say they dont like this marketing major's calculated attempt at exploiting trends

Fuckin' oh no dude, he became popular on purpose! He had a good idea and executed it well! gently caress!!!!

It's an enjoyable youtube series that has gotten a lot of people into cooking. What point are you even making?

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
Not sure. Maybe they're saying you have poor taste? Not really clear what everyone is upset with Babish about. He's just an amateur that had good shtick with making pop culture foods and decent marketing.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I hate bald men!!!

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Eat This Glob posted:

babish has parlayed his limited kitchen skills into a successful gig at worst, career at best, and seems happy with a partner and a home

Who gives a poo poo? What does this have to do with whether his channel is any good or not?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
The vast majority of home chefs have no formal training either, but they can still make good food

If you want someone who is actually insufferable, its Josh Weissman

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Apr 12, 2020

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Borsche69 posted:

Who gives a poo poo? What does this have to do with whether his channel is any good or not?

I was answering a question, or I thought I was

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The Glumslinger posted:

If you want someone who is actually insufferable, its Josh Weissman

I've never watched any of this guys content and all of a sudden his poo poo is flooding my YouTube recs. I watched his Nashville Hot Chicken episode and he's like a worse Babish with marblemouth.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Holy poo poo I had never heard of Joshua Weissman but god drat what an awful video host. His cadence is obviously borrowed from Chef John, but he doesn't have the personality -- or even the powers of enunciation -- to pull it off.

I don't know if I'm phrasing this correctly, but he acts like I'm supposed to already like him. It's absolutely insufferable.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN-bLP2B8f4

Also starring Sohla's slow descent into madness with iBrad.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

idk that descent seemed pretty quick

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I can't tell if Brad is losing his mind or if it's just....Brad

e: he is definitely drunk or high after 18 minutes.

Grem fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Apr 14, 2020

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

prayer group posted:

Holy poo poo I had never heard of Joshua Weissman but god drat what an awful video host. His cadence is obviously borrowed from Chef John, but he doesn't have the personality -- or even the powers of enunciation -- to pull it off.

I don't know if I'm phrasing this correctly, but he acts like I'm supposed to already like him. It's absolutely insufferable.

He cooks good and I find his videos informative but yeah that smirk he has just makes me want to punch the screen

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
BA is doing really well by covering a lot of demographics but I kinda wish there was one black chef on the roster

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Steve Yun posted:

BA is doing really well by covering a lot of demographics but I kinda wish there was one black chef on the roster

Motherfuckers act like they forgot about Hawa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5RXl3AZh-Y

(To be fair, she isn't exactly full time like the regulars are)

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

flashy_mcflash posted:

Motherfuckers act like they forgot about Hawa

How can I remember someone who's never on

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Grem posted:

Yeah, as somebody who has cooked drunk before, he is definitely cooking drunk

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

xtal posted:

Best way to cook.

Ideally get the knifework out of the way before getting too sloshed.

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
I’ve been really enjoying the Alex, French Guy Cooking YouTube channel. This guy is so likable and his knowledge of the science that goes into cuisines and the lengths he’s willing to go to to teach himself and the viewer is really remarkable. A really great channel to binge during quarantine times too as his library of videos is varied and expansive.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
This is my French-German? YouTuber of choice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LUBrnoILFM

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

xtal posted:

Wurder

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Recently I was thinking "boy, an episode of Hot Ones with Brad would be great" but never actually looked for it. Lo and behold it already exists! The next half hour is sure to be joyous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8gVMuIywe8

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Say what you will about Kenji but his newest late night video where he points out cuts of meat on his dog and teaches how to cook a steak is very amazing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INiAM1u925E

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Grem posted:

My guess is the yellow stuff in the jar is homemade limoncello.

Or that pineapple stuff he made a while back.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

BA BATTLE CARBONARA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7i9dTJgsdI

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Good I hope people who think there's one way to a cook a thousand year old dish eat poo poo.

sorry, hundred year old dish!

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Sohla clearly deciding to use her dish to troll everyone was great.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Sohla owned a restaurant, right? Thought I read that somewhere. Holy poo poo that was creative!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

She and her husband used to have a restaurant in New York. It unfortunately went under. I think that was before she started working at Serious Eats.

Edit: https://www.gq.com/story/what-happens-when-a-brown-chef-cooks-white-food