Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Seems cool as gently caress gonna check this out. Comms hilarity of boarding people's poo poo is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aertuun
Dec 18, 2012

I'm scratching my head over some of members of my clan. They keep trying to build a "permanent" bases on hard maps occupied by zergs. They spend a huge amount of time farming items to put in this loot pinata that inevitably is broken open when the zerg finds a gap in its supposedly impenetrable defense.

They don't want to keep a base off-map because it would be "inconvenient". The latest iteration is a clay base in a location that's supposedly inaccessible by ballistas that turned out to be accessible by ballistas.

Luckily I've got at least one friend who enjoys cruising around zones with me PvPing, otherwise I'd go completely crazy.

BurtLington posted:

Our comrades got into a big fight last night and the when all hope looked lost, the horn of Goondor was answered:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIXj_7Frmw8

This fight was hands down the most fun I've ever had in a survival game.

That's a fantastic video. How do you get your framerate to be that rock solid? High end PC?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Does anyone else have trouble reading the item descriptions? the text is really tiny

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCnVCT5vedw

We had to poverty taxi towards a couple of friends who got ambushed by some russians

The result: 7 assholes with clubs and axes riding in on a single spider

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Is this game in any way solo playable?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

SweetBro posted:

People are going to say yes, but honestly I wouldn't want to play this solo. Even being with one or two others is much better. If you are solo, everyone you meet will try to gently caress with you.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Private servers are coming soon, and the upcoming updates are looking to address ways to make it more desirable for larger clans to protect solo/small group players, but its unclear how they plan to achieve this

Aertuun
Dec 18, 2012

SweetBro posted:

I just had a fight with a guy called Nightmare who is so notorious that people actually know about him two tiles away. He's solo, and camps a popular local trade centre and basically ambushes traders going in and out.

Run into him twice now. The first time another guy ran interference for me. The second time the only way we could beat him at all was bringing four people to the fight.

He has/had very high end equipment.

So going on the above; yes you can solo and be very successful, and there's a high skill cap, but you will occasionally get zerged by people who call their friends because they suck.

And as someone above said, it's a multiplayer game designed for at least a few people working together. The guy was running back and forth between his ballista and steering column while chasing us.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Aertuun posted:

That's a fantastic video. How do you get your framerate to be that rock solid? High end PC?

Yeah, it's pretty beefy.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Aertuun posted:

And as someone above said, it's a multiplayer game designed for at least a few people working together. The guy was running back and forth between his ballista and steering column while chasing us.

Also, you don't need to go in with a crew. You can go solo and just try to befriend some people, maybe join their clan. Honestly the solo playstyle is fun, but the game is a lot more fun when you have the option of yelling in voice to make a clown car full of angry men kick raiders off your boat.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Aertuun posted:

I just had a fight with a guy called Nightmare who is so notorious that people actually know about him two tiles away. He's solo, and camps a popular local trade centre and basically ambushes traders going in and out.

Run into him twice now. The first time another guy ran interference for me. The second time the only way we could beat him at all was bringing four people to the fight.

He has/had very high end equipment.

So going on the above; yes you can solo and be very successful, and there's a high skill cap, but you will occasionally get zerged by people who call their friends because they suck.

Some dude came out of the trees and wrecked me a few days ago. If someone doesn't have a walker it's really hard to be prepared and once they get on your boat it's :rip:

at least they can't break in to your stuff really

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

I can't fight worth a poo poo, so I like to go full speed as far as I can into the desert when I get a walkerless boarder like that, especially if there are 2-3 of them and only one made it on. Have fun hoofing it all the way back to your buddies before a crew on a stiletto spots you, jackass. Hope you have enough water on you.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

evicted 3 people today, was pretty good, only the last group mounted an okay defense and they would have won if they were ready as they had over double our numbers

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

SweetBro posted:

Solo will be a niche playstyle no matter how you do it. You can't do the clan battles that the game is about, you'll be using a fraction of the gear, and you'll get poo poo on if you aren't either a PvP god like that one guy or a selective opportunist.

There's an EVE style economy and market, and you might be able to do the whole trading thing. Maybe. Groups are so self-sufficient at the moment that there isn't much incentive to buy stuff.

I pretend this is Star Wars Galaxies 2 and play it like a hobo sim. I don't touch PvE because I can't be assed to make gear from durability loss, and I barely PvP. Just a sand hobo zipping around on an ATV, spamming chat, waiting for a chance to rob a walker.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

evicted 3 people today, was pretty good, only the last group mounted an okay defense and they would have won if they were ready as they had over double our numbers

Did you hide in the rocks to kill them too? Is there literally any game you don't exploit in? How are your speed hacks doing? Here I was thinking it was random Chinese harassing us 4k water away, and it's you guys exploiting by hiding dinghies in rocks.

It's ironic that you quit every game as soon as you can't cheat to win.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

forge posted:

Did you hide in the rocks to kill them too? Is there literally any game you don't exploit in? How are your speed hacks doing? Here I was thinking it was random Chinese harassing us 4k water away, and it's you guys exploiting by hiding dinghies in rocks.

It's ironic that you quit every game as soon as you can't cheat to win.

someone is mad

we didn't even need to hide our dinghy to wipe yall over and over btw, it was out in the open, accidentally got stuck in a rock and we left it because it was epic

don't let your seething leak into your posting because 4 guys with beatsticks worked their way up to full carapace with singblades because yall guys feed like chefs

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

besides, we brought one of our hearth dinghies in for 30 water and stashed a bunch of weapons so when the chinese finally wipe us we're ready to take our new home

forge
Feb 26, 2006
So did you want to ally or not? I find it hard to understand how you say that to people in voice and chat for an hour about it. But at the same time have your dudes come down and grief? So please help me understand?

To address the beatsticks, anyone can kill people who are offline when the server crashes, the difference is most people don't hide in the rocks when things get hard.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

forge posted:

To address the beatsticks, anyone can kill people who are offline when the server crashes, the difference is most people don't hide in the rocks when things get hard.

you can lie all you want, your boys were NOT offline when we were outnumbered and outgeared, and got 6+ kills without losing a single man, that's a fact you can't deny.

forge posted:

So did you want to ally or not? I find it hard to understand how you say that to people in voice and chat for an hour about it. But at the same time have your dudes come down and grief? So please help me understand?

yeah ally would be cool, it's called 'pvp' not griefing, idk what you want from someone you aren't currently allied with

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I would rather bite my own dick off than have to talk to globby ever anywhere beyond these forums. If I wanted to hangout with edgelordy teenagers who can't go three words without a racist slur I'd just go play DOTA or LOL.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Rhymenoserous posted:

I would rather bite my own dick off than have to talk to globby ever anywhere beyond these forums. If I wanted to hangout with edgelordy teenagers who can't go three words without a racist slur I'd just go play DOTA or LOL.

please post a single occurrence of me using a racial slur, thanks

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

That's how you got kicked off the Slam Whales discord soooo.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Rhymenoserous posted:

That's how you got kicked off the Slam Whales discord soooo.

i don't know what slam whales is, and all you have to do is post a single occurrence- or are you talking out of your rear end and for some weird mentally ill reason you're trying to paint me as a racist? like holy poo poo you lost at a video game, not all of your 'enemies' are racist cheating monsters lmao it's a game.

I joined discord with some guys and had a grand ol' time shooting the poo poo, as soon as we fight in a video game (DESPITE NO ALLIANCE EVER BEING AGREED UPON) i'm all of a sudden an evil racist griefer.

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Apr 14, 2020

zwdzk
Dec 12, 2012

smug

i don't know what slam whales is, and all you have to do is post a single occurrence- or are you talking out of your rear end and for some weird mentally ill reason you're trying to paint me as a racist? like holy poo poo you lost at a video game, not all of your 'enemies' are racist cheating monsters lmao it's a game.

I joined discord with some guys and had a grand ol' time shooting the poo poo, as soon as we fight in a video game (DESPITE NO ALLIANCE EVER BEING AGREED UPON) i'm all of a sudden an evil racist griefer.

Do you ever shut da gently caress up

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

zwdzk posted:

Do you ever shut da gently caress up

i mean it's pretty simple, don't have a wrong opinion and don't accuse me of poo poo i don't do and it's pretty easy

The Dirtiest Harry
May 31, 2011

"Now you know why they call me Dirty Harry: every dirty job that comes along."
Can anyone playing from AU/NZ comment on how this game copes latency-wise?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

large fights are such a laggy clusterfuck ping is pretty much irrelevant anyway, just flailing around with a fast weapon is pretty effective

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

The Dirtiest Harry posted:

Can anyone playing from AU/NZ comment on how this game copes latency-wise?

There are Australian servers.

And as a tip, never trust anything this guy says...

large fights are such a laggy clusterfuck ping is pretty much irrelevant anyway, just flailing around with a fast weapon is pretty effective

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

idk about you, but i'd listen to the guy who was able to destroy your entire guild's home with 10 people starting from nothing in less than 24 hours rather than the plethora of totally incompetent and ignorant people who let it happen

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Seems like the game is about to become a lot more fun.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Rhyme isn't wrong about globby, and globby's insistence on posting proof ain't probably gonna happen given most of the game stuff occurs outside SA and posting discord logs on SA usually gets you a week probation minimum

Even if globby did beat a goon group in a fight I'm not super surprised the guy with a decade history of hacking games got one over on the goons just trying to have a fun videogame

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
And this is why goon v goon sucks. It turns into a forums yelling match.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Ad by Khad posted:

Rhyme isn't wrong about globby, and globby's insistence on posting proof ain't probably gonna happen given most of the game stuff occurs outside SA and posting discord logs on SA usually gets you a week probation minimum

you can ask literally anyone who knows me, i don't post racist poo poo no matter how much yall tell your foot soldiers that so you can feel good about losing a 16v5 earlier today.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Donnerberg posted:

And this is why goon v goon sucks. It turns into a forums yelling match.

"we may have gotten absolutely obliterated, but at least we aren't RACIST HACKERS hahahaha"

get a grip rhymen

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

you can ask literally anyone who knows me, i don't post racist poo poo no matter how much yall tell your foot soldiers that so you can feel good about losing a 16v5 earlier today.

I don't have to ask anybody, I was present, when you did

I don't have any footsoldiers though, I play solo. you can ask the several people in this thread who know me, I was never any good at dealing with 16v5

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Ad by Khad posted:

I don't have to ask anybody, I was present, when you did

what did i say?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
If you lag you can use a long and fast weapon, works great. We play with an Australian on EU and while the lag makes fights hard, he can still defend himself just fine because the long range turns the entire area around him into a death zone

Preferably you minimize your latency though. Australia is a garbage country anyway

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

I mean your rapsheet has you using other slurs so?

Edit: I wanna be clear I just stay out of the base when you're around cause im not good at PVP but you do seem pretty edgelordey.

Stormgale fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Apr 14, 2020

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

The goon Atlas guild you broke brain gently caress, are you off your meds?

Edit: I’m specifically the one that kicked you.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Apr 14, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Ad by Khad posted:

Tbh I’d eat a week long probe to run a posting enemy outta the thread