Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

SocketWrench posted:

This is what happens when you marry into the Trump family. All the ugliness that you are expected to create melds your face

It means that Jared chose to have a butthole chin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Eat poo poo

https://mobile.twitter.com/MollyBeck/status/1249854692009455616

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Madkal posted:

All that's missing from the Glorious Nation Of Cascadia is British Columbia.

Yeah, and we'll probably opt out because right now we're handling thing whole thing sanely and pretty well.

That said, when our housing market crashes, because it was largely inflated* by air-bnb** and foreign money***, we'll be up for sale.

:sigh:

*LOL RIP hootsuite.

**burn in hell landlord class

***They'll buy us first cause we're dumb enough and greedy enough to let them and their currency will still be worth something.

Snuffman fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Apr 14, 2020

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

The Lone Badger posted:

Here you already need their permission to enter, so the legalities at least are easy.

Jurisdictional issues between US tribal, state, and federal governments are an absolute clusterfuck.

Of particular note, Highway 83 is one of two major highways crossing this rez. It is a major trucking route that extends all the way from Mexico to Canada. So you can bet the state and feds will fight the tribal government if they impede traffic in any significant way.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

VH4Ever posted:

So in this reality, the large amount of traffic going through ports on the Gulf just isn't a thing then? Enjoy paying $15 a gallon for all your gasoline I guess. One example among many.

EDIT

Also, you're aware cities like say....Cleveland have ports too right? Just checking. The more you know.

New Orleans is not equipped in the least to receive let alone distribute a small fraction of what goes through NYC.

Cleveland along with other Great Lakes ports, while again not able to handle anywhere near the amount of cargo, relies almost entirely on the St Lawerence Seaway and Erie Canal. Access to both would be locked out by a New York entity.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Silly Burrito posted:

Went a different direction.

:golfclap: Beautiful, both of you.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

this is real loving rich coming after what his colleagues pulled

i can't fathom how someone could be so loving brazen

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
Username/Post game on point.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
I know that nothing matters, and more realistically that there's seven months till the election, but finally some news that made me feel good.

What's the difference between Ghostbusters and the WI Election?

Ghostbusters had the Stay-Puft Marshamello Man.

the WI Election said "Get-Fuckt Orange-Hell Man"

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Abner Assington posted:

Oh no, a constitutional crisis, what ever shall we do?

I'll just toss it on the pile I guess.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
I see Mega-City One, Mega-City Two... just need a huge cancerous red blob down at the bottom for Texas City and we're all go for some British 1970s comic-book nuclear wasteland dystopia!

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/Q1dLvXx.png

but...but they PROMISED! :smith:

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Payndz posted:

I see Mega-City One, Mega-City Two... just need a huge cancerous red blob down at the bottom for Texas City and we're all go for some British 1970s comic-book nuclear wasteland dystopia!

Bits of Megeast and west do not Mega-City One make :colbert:

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

SirFozzie posted:

What's the difference between Ghostbusters and the WI Election?

Ghostbusters had the Stay-Puft Marshamello Man.

the WI Election said "Get-Fuckt Orange-Hell Man"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pspyn-mLW5M

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Hey, If I'm responding to election results with bad jokes (worthy of throwing tomatoes) instead of existential fear, that's a positive, right?

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
So the WI results tonight are loving awesome, but I have a question: how translatable are the results tonight to the general election in November? To be clear, I'm not trying to be a downer here, I'm genuinely asking because I'm a moron and don't know poo poo about WI politics.

The main concern I have is that covid-19 made WI's election "weird" and changed the turnout into something that isn't really representative of what we'll see in November. Can anyone who knows more about WI comment on how the turnout on Tuesday lines up with the "usual" turnout?

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

InsertPotPun posted:

trump doesn't believe what he's spouting, he just believes he's right and, if he talks enough, he'll fool you into believing he's right. trump believes he's right, it's the only thing he believes: he's right. if you don't think he's right you're wrong. because he's right.
he's not "lying" he's "representing the truth". trump doesn't feel like a fat rear end so if you ask him his weight he'll tell you how he feels like he weighs and, for him, that's the truth. and he doesn't consider it "lying" because it's "not hurting anything" because he's still giving, in his eyes, an accurate account.

This is why, I feel, on some level, Trump is as pitiful as he is despicable.

It's also, I feel, his father's greatest sin. From the Dollop breakdown of Trump, Fred is far more evil, because he got to CHOOSE to be an absolute utter bastard, while Donald basically got mind-raped by him from the moment he was born and never had any sort of chance of turning out normal. Fred basically taught his son "Only winners matter. If you're not a winner, you're a loser and utterly worthless." Except he ALSO taught him, more or less "If you're not winning every second of every day of every moment of your life, you're losing, and hence, a loser." And ol' Fred was a true believer: when Donald's brother ended up a 'loser' by deciding to just be an airline pilot, Fred and Donald hounded him over it to alcoholism and an early grave. He believed so much in his sociopathic void of an existence he murdered his own son over it.

Trump's not a person, really. He's a broken perpetual motion machine. Even if there was some endless rain of miracles and Trump had somehow ended up the greatest businessman and president who ever lived, he'd still be Trump as we know him, because to win, you have to make sure someone else is losing, and if you're not winning, you're losing. And worthless.

I guess it's small comfort, but as angry and in pain as many of us are, I think Trump's own self-inflicted pain is just as bad, and worse than any punishment we could give him. And why I think future generations should also haul Fred Trump up and make sure his name is so mud that if you dig down, you'll find it embedded in the Earth's crust in mile high letters. Even moreso than the Donald.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

So the WI results tonight are loving awesome, but I have a question: how translatable are the results tonight to the general election in November? To be clear, I'm not trying to be a downer here, I'm genuinely asking because I'm a moron and don't know poo poo about WI politics.

The main concern I have is that covid-19 made WI's election "weird" and changed the turnout into something that isn't really representative of what we'll see in November. Can anyone who knows more about WI comment on how the turnout on Tuesday lines up with the "usual" turnout?

It's possible that it just went weird in a new, strange way, but the assumption was that everything would heavily benefit the Republicans. Voting was incredibly hard inside the cities (I think it was 5 stations instead of 180 in Milwaukee), presumably more Democrats than Republicans were scared of the virus and it wasn't like people should have been "that" motivated to drag themselves out to vote for Biden or Bernie when anyone who's not a political junkie could tell it was pretty much over.

It could be a sign that people are really loving pissed and that spite voting is really motivating. Or it could be a sign that Wisconsin isn't drifting as conservative as we thought. Probably a good sign, but nothing too certain.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

SirFozzie posted:

Hey, If I'm responding to election results with bad jokes (worthy of throwing tomatoes) instead of existential fear, that's a positive, right?

Nice user/post combo

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Turnout was much lower in Blue districts, but that was due to COVID-19 and GOP fuckery (180 polling places down to 5 in Milwaukee because of a lack of poll workers due to the pandemic), but even with suburbs being less affected by the whole situation, the D candidate won.

So people are hopeful, because basically, there was several factors at play here that SHOULD have made this a GOP easy win. (Trump stumping for a candidate, the aforementioned GOP fuckery, people being told that their vote would count and surprise! Not counted, a state that had gone Trump in 2016)..

Despite all that bad news (and did I mention the GOP Fuckery?) the results are actually breaking through the "nothing matters, this is hellworld" narrative that people are stuck in (with good reason to be stuck in, mind you)

edit: 538 has a good breakdown on the turnout etcetera: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/what-went-down-in-the-wisconsin-primary/

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!

Failed Imagineer posted:

Nice user/post combo

wakka wakka wakka :P

(yes, my friends gave me the nickname Fozzie because I am an incorrigible punster/bad jokester)

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

SirFozzie posted:

Absolutely! We can all use some comical relief in these times. (I really only wanted an excuse to post that silly video :v:)

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

olylifter posted:

loving ted cruz went to HLS and clerked for Rehnquist I do not understand how he can be this stupid. people i know from my second tier canadian law school who clerked for an appellate judge are brilliant. i can't imagine the level he's operating on

like sure he's playing a part for power etc but like does he even recognize himself on tv

Have you been to university? Those people just exist, at all “levels”. His former roommate at Princeton is a Hollywood exec who has like a book’s worth of content out there about what a loving creep Cruz was as an undergrad, and there are similar stories out there from his Harvard classmates.

He was literally one of those weirdo Young Republican gov students (they’re always gov students) who constantly says smarmy openly condescending poo poo to women, loiters around people’s dorm rooms in a bathrobe, hangs out on a Saturday night jacking off”being a responsible Christian” instead of partying, and so forth. There were at least ten of those guys at my tiny college.

PeterCat posted:

The hatred of Catholics by Evangelicals is just bizarre to me. You will see them go on mission trips to places like Ireland or South America, places that have a long tradition of Catholicism. All because they're supposedly not saved because they didn't say they loved Jesus in exactly the right words.

The mission trip kids going to Dublin or Buenos Aires or Paris or Ibiza are often just using it as a way to travel to places they want to go to/party. Same with the ones who go to NYC, etc.

Same reason tons of kids go on birthright trips with no intent to move to Israel or even support for their politics.

VH4Ever posted:

And Jersey Shore! :eng101:

And all of SA, apparently.

And here I thought the Sith had been extinct for a millennium...

Grayly Squirrel posted:

:fap:

I would love to be working for some PAC right now, putting together an ad based almost exclusively on this presser and the direct contradictory evidence. Maybe throw in a guy windsurfing.

You could put together that ad right now and share it on the Internet. If you don’t have an NLE, just about all the major companies are giving away trial licenses for their editors right now and there’s honestly enough capability at the free/consumer level that you could easily put something together that way too.

You could work for goonpac, but we can’t pay you.

wtf is Seb Gorka doing there

I’m legit surprised that in 4+ years nobody here changed their name to Jared Kush

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Munkeymon posted:

And I'm still not willing to accept you evidence-free assertion, so it's on you to show that House Democrats, as an organization, helped this legislation pass. I'm sure there's documentation you can link to.

Whatabout the Senate? I addressed that in part of my post... weird how it didn't make it into what you quoted! Must be Radium's fault.

Ok so Democrats voted for it

I'm not interested in splitting hairs about your imaginary midnight House sessions where the GOP passed the bad bill by voice vote without any Democrats there and House Democrats just couldn't stop the vote from being recorded. The Democratic Party is one organization, if the Senate voted for it after the GOP pulled an outrageous trick like that then the Democratic Party wanted it to pass

The dancing to avoid admitting Democrats did a bad thing is incredible. But it's also not surprising on some level, after all that's why you have a voice vote on terrible unpopular bills, so every rep can say "oh I would never vote for that, it was all someone else's fault" and people who want to believe will go to any lengths to confabulate a fantasy where that can be true

I already looked up the bill and told you why it couldn't pass without Democratic consent. Voice votes are for bills with an overwhelming majority, if something passed by voice vote a huge majority wanted it or at least didn't care enough about it to put their names to opposing it. It's not on me to go find proof that secret midnight sessions that you made up didn't happen. If you had confidence in your theory you'd show me positive proof, should be easy to find.

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Apr 14, 2020

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Countdown to Cuoma being name DA KING IN DA NORF!

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

This started because Trump was intercepting and confiscating PPE that rightfully belonged to the states, and then "generously" bestowing small fractions back to the states while keeping most of it for himself to give away to his political allies and/or to sell for his own profit.

It feels like there is some historical precedent for a coalition of states joining together to gain political sovereignty ('independence', if you will) from an uncaring tyrannical force that was unjustly demanding tribute from them. But I can't quite put my finger on it...

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Medullah posted:

This is the most surreal thing I've ever watched. I'm not even angry, it's just bizarre.

Edit - How much do you want to bet this video was created by OANN

Very late to this, but it was actually mostly clips from Hannity, who is pretty much as OANN as Fox gets, and will someday be on that network as its face

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The thing is even in his video all his decisions were at least a month late. It's like Kim Il Sung making a propaganda video where it shows the UN forces pushing Kim's army to China and the Chinese saving the day.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/GOPChairwoman/status/1249817464776658944

https://twitter.com/mmfa/status/1249831119681466372

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Apr 14, 2020

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

That has to be a troll, c'mon :stare:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

canepazzo posted:

That has to be a troll, c'mon :stare:

Based on the time it was posted maybe she just saw early returns with the Republican winning and figured that was all? That’s my best guess.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:lol:

The lazy bitch didn't even have his staff make something; they just took Hannity clips. Just peak :effort: from Donny boy at all times

Also Ronna has to be the most self-owned woman in the world :allears:

I think she is congratulating him on his primary victory (where he ran virtually unopposed) which is some loving "Dear Leader" nonsense

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Apr 14, 2020

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Munkeymon posted:

And I'm still not willing to accept you evidence-free assertion, so it's on you to show that House Democrats, as an organization, helped this legislation pass. I'm sure there's documentation you can link to.
You know what, gently caress it, here you go
https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/CREC-2006-12-08/html/CREC-2006-12-08-pt1-PgH9160-2.htm

"Rep Davis, D-IL (Friday December 8 2006)” posted:

Mr. DAVIS of Illinois. Mr. Speaker, I yield myself such time as I might consume.
Mr. Speaker, I rise in strong support of this landmark postal reform bill. Members of the House have worked for over a decade to reform this important part of our national communications system and our economy. I
am indeed pleased to serve in the Congress that is making this reform a reality.
I want to commend and congratulate Chairman Tom Davis and Ranking Member Henry Waxman for their tremendous commitment and dedication to making this truly a bipartisan effort and for the tenacious way in which they have worked to bring us to this point this evening.
I also want to commend Representative McHugh who has been the point person for the Republican side of the aisle on this matter for more than 10 years, who has stayed with it, stuck with it, and one of the reasons that we are here today is because of his tenacious work.
I also want to thank all of the stakeholders, the unions, the mailers and others, who are greatly affected. I want to thank the Board of Governors and the Postmaster General, Mr. Potter, for their willingness to work with us.
And I want to think the other body, the Members of the Senate who were willing to negotiate, to engage in the give-and-take that is so necessary to make bipartisan, bicameral legislation a reality.

:rolleyes: yeah dude seems like the Republicans really pulled a dirty trick, not only did they pass it in a secret session without any Democrats but they mind controlled the Democrats into praising what a great bipartisan effort this was and personally thanking other Democrats for tenaciously working to get it done!

Another funny bit from those minutes, one rep actually did call for a recorded vote (but was denied). Ah a Democrat right, bravely but futilely striving to slow down the process?

Nope, a republican. Not just any Republican: Mike Pence (R-IN)

Mike Pence fought harder against this than the entire Democratic Party, you can't make this poo poo up lol

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Apr 14, 2020

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

TulliusCicero posted:

I think she is congratulating him on his primary victory (where he ran virtually unopposed) which is some loving "Dear Leader" nonsense

Oh Christ you’re right. That’s even more pathetic.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Oh Christ you’re right. That’s even more pathetic.

Trump will look at those results and only care about that part on the election. Everything is fine.
"Wisconsin loves me. Of course I will be re-elected. I won the primary."

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

Every time I see picture of Kushner speaking it looks like he's emitting screeching noices. Something like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwhKUsHtnpU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Djarum posted:

New Orleans is not equipped in the least to receive let alone distribute a small fraction of what goes through NYC.

Cleveland along with other Great Lakes ports, while again not able to handle anywhere near the amount of cargo, relies almost entirely on the St Lawerence Seaway and Erie Canal. Access to both would be locked out by a New York entity.

Not to mention that neither waterway would be equipped to handle the traffic of a main port

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

SocketWrench posted:

Not to mention that neither waterway would be equipped to handle the traffic of a main port

Curious if Djarum knows that the Port of Houston exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

VH4Ever posted:

Curious if Djarum knows that the Port of Houston exists.

At least until next hurricane season. :rimshot: