Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
The most interesting of goal post shifting is how Q/Trump have been working in secrecy lest it cause mass panic in the general population has been one of the core conceits of QAnon. We're now in the middle of a global pandemic, one of the worst crises of our lifetime so they had to say to themselves "hmm whatever is going on must be even worse than that!" So now we get thousands of miles of tunnels networking under the country trafficking in horrifying abominations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Garrand posted:

Yes, these children that were secretly bred to be kept in underground tunnels were also given birth certificates and social security numbers.

Well of course they were. How else could the "uNITED-sTATES" give them the contracts that bind them to the national debt under maritime law, duh?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The mole children are actually the vanguard of the hollow earth armies who are infiltrating the USA from below so that the hollow earth people can get citizenship and then the democrats will not allow to declare war on the hollow earth. You have to drink colloidal silver mixed with fish cleaner to protect you from the lizard men mind control adrenochrome chips they put in your brain and wear an orgone pyramid on your head to block the mind control 5g waves that they're spraying from the jet planes but if you put vinegar in a spray bottle that disperses the chemtrails that's why our grandparents used vinegar they KNEW you see it's all connected.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Apr 13, 2020

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

jojoinnit posted:

This is weird to me because it makes it sound like the elites who could buy anything and anyone have no problems with their sex slaves being half-molerat. At what point is it not even a human child anymore? (I felt kinda gross trying to craft this as a joke so I think I’m not callous enough to word it in a way that makes it truly work).

When you’ve become bored of all earthly delights you start to look elsewhere

You start to look.... underground

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

What if the mole children are the children of the mole men and the deep state has brought the wrath of the mole civilization upon us by abducting their children? Clearly Hillary Clinton piloted the ship from the hit movie The Core into the hollow earth and then lured the mole children with earthworm candy into the ship.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I found one of the tunnels the entrance was underneath a Domino’s pizza oven I’m in the tunnel right now AMA

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

A mole child is biting me.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Epstein is down here he’s not dead.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Did you use prince andrew's secret codeword to get in via the dominoes?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Hollow Earth is traditionally where nazi ufos come from, so I can see the q crowd really getting behind them as Trump’s secret helpers.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
iirc part of the “secret tunnel” stuff from the Satanic panic came from little-kid logic as the nice therapists asked them to continue “remembering” their experiences and they tried to find the right answers that would make them happy.

“And what happened next, Johnnie?”

“Uhh, then my preschool teacher told me I had to kiss Satan.”

“Where did you kiss Satan?”

“Uhh, on the butt?”

“No, johnnie, where were you when your preschooler made you kiss Satan on the butt?”

“...Mexico?”

“Mexico, really, that’s interesting...” *scribbles notes* “And how did he get you to Mexico and back in between the time your parents dropped you off and picked you up that day?”

“Secret tunnels?”

Those testimonies are how we got most of our Satanic panic narrative tropes that live on to this day in movements like QAnon. So, if Q stuff ever sounds like fanciful gibberish made up by a bored five year old who just wants to go home, that’s because in a lot of ways it is

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Mrs. Clinton and Principal Skinner were in the tunnels abusing mole babies and I saw one of the mole babies and the mole baby looked at me.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I don't like this retcon of Hans Moleman's origins.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Hillary's a germaphobe why would she want to gently caress dirty mole kids

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Hillary's a germaphobe why would she want to gently caress dirty mole kids

You’re right there has to be some kind of secret mole children laundering facility where they clean them up for her

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Endman posted:

You’re right there has to be some kind of secret mole children laundering facility where they clean them up for her

Comet laundry? Hmm..

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?
A guy I went to school with who used to be cool has fallen hard down the #greatawakening rabbit hole, and they're very vocal about it. Seems to have been shepherded there by the "COVID is just the flu" crowd of reality deniers, who he probably fell in with as an alternative therapist. I don't normally touch the poop but just this once I decided to look into who actually said what when they claimed that Mel Gibson had exposed the hollywood pedo ring - turns out a reporter who doesn't exist made some quotes that were never said back in 2017 that have been circling the globe as unquestioned fact ever since by pizzagaters et al. I pointed out that the quotes he was using to push this poo poo were fake and the whole thing got memory holed. The original post they'd shared vanished and every part of that interaction disappeared from my activity log. I was actually hoping to talk this out but instead they just moved on to the next bullshit conspiracy circlejerk. Facebook really is creepy AF and the way they're playing with these vulnerable people is despicable.

Perhaps the craziest thing of all is I do actually believe that elite occult pedo circles probably exist - and can still see that this #qanon stuff is utter loving garbage fearmongering, noisemaking, and public opinion fuckery. It's perhaps like a mechanism that's been set to collate people who lack critical thinking skills into being neutered useful idiots who think they're being activists when really they're just screaming into the void at phantoms they don't understand while the world slowly becomes a worse place because actual critical issues don't get tackled anymore.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's mysticism for the modern era, as you note there's a bunch of stuff that is comorbid with conspiracy theories. Some people just have a need that's fulfilled by conspiracies. It's nice to feel like you're part of secret knowledge and that you're right and everyone else is wrong, or at least it can be, initially. Over time of course people start to get alienated by the lack of acceptance of their ideas in wider society and that pushes them further into the conspiracy zone. It's why I think a lot of people start with stuff like woo medicine and political thriller kind conspiracies and eventually go right off the deep end believing that the lizard people control the world.

And possibly also why some people start off being sort of lefty and end up being hardcore anarchists and/or dead. The alienation and secret knowledge factor still apply and it's very mentally taxing to have a view of the world that's highly divergent from the commonplace.

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?
That makes enough sense. I was kind of hoping that as an alternative practitioner this guy would already feel special enough without the word salad conspiracy theories but that was definitely wishful thinking on my part. After seeing friends and family turn to chuds thanks in part to facebook memes I guess I knew it was a matter of if not when this guy would get further radicalised. I'm just surprised at the timeline it's taken, like all of a sudden#greatawakening is all they post about. Pre-covid they were literally talking about themselves and what they were doing to help people, with a few digs at western medicine but never the antivax horse poo poo. They effectively treated my brother at one point, they were doing really well. And now they're just another shithead.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Crisis also pushes people to undergo radical shifts in identity and perception of the world, sometimes it causes people to reassess themselves, sometimes it causes them to reassess the world, sometimes it causes them to go bugfuck insane and grasp at whatever explanation they have been proffered by a social group they already trust.

Same basis as a crisis motivated religious conversion, really.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Quarantine is not doing my dad any good. He's always had wacky beliefs in aliens and so on. He's the type of dad with several books on the JFK murder. Now he's sharing memes about Nancy Pelosi (we do not live in America) and sharing poo poo like this on our family WhatsApp group. None of us are sure how/when to speak to him about it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's a lighthouse because turner painted lighthouses and boats, which I assume makes the top thing a ship's wheel, or a top down view of the lighthouse. And also why he's standing in front of a picture of the fighting temerare which is probably one of his most famous pictures.

Why does the bank of england want to put coded messages about the alien plan to take over the world on the twenty? That would be the first thing I would ask.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Apr 14, 2020

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

OwlFancier posted:

Why does the bank of england want to put coded messages about the alien plan to take over the world on the twenty? That would be the first thing I would ask.
That's always the first question I have. Why would the conspiracies keep hiding clues on everything? Logic isn't gonna work here. :sigh:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

jojoinnit posted:

Quarantine is not doing my dad any good. He's always had wacky beliefs in aliens and so on. He's the type of dad with several books on the JFK murder. Now he's sharing memes about Nancy Pelosi (we do not live in America) and sharing poo poo like this on our family WhatsApp group. None of us are sure how/when to speak to him about it.

I'm from Germany and I can totally confirm American conspiracy poo poo like this spreading around here too. People who have no relation to the US and no knowledge about American politics or history are going on and on about Qanon and other American conspiracy crap. The sovereign citizen movement is now firmly established here and a major nuisance.

In addition to pop culture and media, America is now also the main exporter of mental illness in the world. Seems like most nations just don't have the infrastructure/societal decay to produce high quality mental illness so it needs to be imported from abroad.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

jojoinnit posted:

Just respond with "shut up idiot" until he shuts up

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

The clues we put on American money about our future schemes suck by comparison

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
"Coronavirus symbol"???

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

jojoinnit posted:

Sorry about your newfound family history of mental illness.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bape Culture posted:

Mrs. Clinton and Principal Skinner were in the tunnels abusing mole babies and I saw one of the mole babies and the mole baby looked at me.

The mole baby looked at you?

I'm really tempted to make a gofundme for the costs of adopting and caring for a mole baby.

packetmantis posted:

"Coronavirus symbol"???

The wheel logo for Turner, that's what I'm assuming it is, looks like a 2d version of the virus, a spikey ball.

EDIT:

I have a friend who has, for a couple years now, been claiming that waves from cell phones were causing him pain. He's had a bad run of things with drugs and family stuff so I guess we all assumed it was because of that. He talked to a mutual friend, who is a doctor, and he mostly told him that it probably wasn't that. I thought he gave up on it or moved on but now he's posting about 5G and the Coronavirus. Social media is really not helping America's, and most of the world's, mental health issues/crises.

RocknRollaAyatollah fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Apr 14, 2020

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

jojoinnit posted:

That's always the first question I have. Why would the conspiracies keep hiding clues on everything? Logic isn't gonna work here. :sigh:

The explanation I hear is that it's the conspiracy using it to mock everyone else. Like, either they're just doing it to see what they can get away with without the sheeple noticing, or when it's all revealed they'll do a Batman villain thing and be like, "You could have stopped us, if only you were smart enough to read the clues we left you!"

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
Someone slip them the lyrics from a certain Ben Fold's song and see if they'll run with it and try to decipher it's hidden meaning.

GABA ghoul posted:

I'm from Germany and I can totally confirm American conspiracy poo poo like this spreading around here too. People who have no relation to the US and no knowledge about American politics or history are going on and on about Qanon and other American conspiracy crap. The sovereign citizen movement is now firmly established here and a major nuisance.

In addition to pop culture and media, America is now also the main exporter of mental illness in the world. Seems like most nations just don't have the infrastructure/societal decay to produce high quality mental illness so it needs to be imported from abroad.

Yep, it's infected us here in Australia as well. As if lovely American reality TV wasn't enough to warp our brains.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

I'm really tempted to make a gofundme for the costs of adopting and caring for a mole baby.

This is a solid grift. With the right amount of luck to get noticed by one of the big Q names, you'd make a killing.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

GABA ghoul posted:

the internet is literally a weapon

not the transmission towers, the ideas

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Maybe someone will find it interesting, here is how our localized version of that poo poo looks like

An ultra funny meme of Merkel before and after she started taking adrenochrome:

Here is some random rear end flyer rambling about the ~lamestream~ media and asking to go to https://www.friends-of-q.de to get the real truth

Also, word on the street is that after the successful liberation of the mole children in the US the Luftwaffe is now flying above Germany and "scanning" for tunnels and hollow places that could be bunkers. I don't even know how that one is supposed to work cause over here the satanic Antichrist is still in power so I guess the military has gone a little bit rogue? Anyway, stay tuned for the results

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's not strictly related but has etc. been adopted in german? I thought the equivalent was und so weiter or usw.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Nachher? I barely knew her!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Also by burgers for burgers is funny even if I know it means, like, citizen/townsperson.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Reporting from the Czech republic, Trump fans who know literally nothing about American politics are very active here as well. Turns out that the Internet has truly erased borders as far as depressed, misearble shut ins are concerned, so now the whole world can partake in the same inane conspiracy theories.

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

GABA ghoul posted:

Lol. Got any German sovereign citizen myths you can share? Like do they have some equivalent of gold-fringed flag poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

jojoinnit posted:

Sometimes the answer is direct divine revelation. I have to give it points for coherency.