Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Bust Rodd posted:

If you haven’t seen it yet, the HBO Watchmen series is all about a white supremacist insurgency in Okhlahoma. It’s a direct sequel to the Alan Moore book, completely ignores the Zak Snyder film, and I think it does an incredible job illustrating how deep insurgencies go. TLDR: they only work if you have people on the inside. Bernie doesn’t have anyone on the inside.

Bust Rodd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

the watchmen tv show doesnt do an incredible job of anything

I'm tempted to say it was worth it for seeing Lube Man do his thing but not really

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Penisaurus Sex posted:

The US military would not be able to put down an actual for-real insurrection in the US for two pretty obvious reasons.

1.) our military isn't big enough, and is structured to make contractors money. If even 20% of the US population revolted, that's close to 60-70 million people. We'd have to do a draft in the rest of the country to even have enough manpower to hold a line from Canada to Mexico.

2.) we don't have the institutional and ideological backing to actually kill Americans en masse. There's a very big difference between convincing racist cops to kill hundreds of blacks/browns in a city and convincing your military to wage a war of extermination on dozens of millions of Americans, many of whom look and act just like that military.

boatloads of people would die either way, and that would be horrible, but you can't really win a war like that with tanks, drones, and the most expensive kit you can imagine.

revolutions don't just happen out of thin air. whatever rising tensions that could cause such a massive upheaval would be coincidental with a buildup of the military. all those contractors would make bank growing the military, and once poo poo kicks off it would be a huge and well armed military against traitors and terrorists. the military will kill americans without a second thought.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

WoodrowSkillson posted:

revolutions don't just happen out of thin air. whatever rising tensions that could cause such a massive upheaval would be coincidental with a buildup of the military. all those contractors would make bank growing the military, and once poo poo kicks off it would be a huge and well armed military against traitors and terrorists. the military will kill americans without a second thought.

I mean we're at the point where states are talking about the early frameworks of balkanization and we're just over a month into this crisis.

There have been several revolutions that were violent and sudden without an accompanying slow buildup of counter-revolutionary power -- even Russia's February revolution followed basically that path.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Whatever I thought it was awesome and had a really great weekend binging it, but I understand that deep dives into anachronistic CHUD punching aren't for everyone. Extremely "Wolfenstein x Marvel" energy

Don't drag this stupid meme in here please.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

WoodrowSkillson posted:

revolutions don't just happen out of thin air. whatever rising tensions that could cause such a massive upheaval would be coincidental with a buildup of the military. all those contractors would make bank growing the military,
What exactly do you think gets produced when conservatives just throw tons of money at the military with little regard for how it gets spent? Have you noticed the planes that don't fly and boats that don't float?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Bust Rodd posted:

LoL no, when an alternative is presented to the populace then the machine just cheats and consumes them and spits them out and it becomes clear that we would never have been given that choice no matter what. A team of fewer than a percent of a percent of the population have ensured that only the rich make decisions, and the overwhelmingly poor population of this country cannot hope to win a violent revolution against an army of stealth killer robots that can tactically SCUD you from 15 miles, higher and further away than the naked eye can see.

lol what do you think a scud is

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Penisaurus Sex posted:

I mean we're at the point where states are talking about the early frameworks of balkanization and we're just over a month into this crisis.

There have been several revolutions that were violent and sudden without an accompanying slow buildup of counter-revolutionary power -- even Russia's February revolution followed basically that path.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Penisaurus Sex posted:

i don't disagree, but given american status as literally the richest country in history, the elites can stay in power because they always make just enough concessions that even the poor in america are better off compared to russian peasants or syrians in 2011. a sudden revolution is not really possible right now as the vast majority have too much to lose. anything that would create the environment where insurrection could occur will allow them time to prepare.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
if I flee from the deep south to Pacifica do I have to live in a camp or can I easily sneak across the border and integrate into society?

asking for a friend.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

What exactly do you think gets produced when conservatives just throw tons of money at the military with little regard for how it gets spent? Have you noticed the planes that don't fly and boats that don't float?

all those abrams tanks in the desert will work just fine, and the poo poo they actually need works too. they don't need the F 35 and the Littoral Combat Ship to stamp down a leftist insurgency.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

WoodrowSkillson posted:

i don't disagree, but given american status as literally the richest country in history, the elites stay can in power because they always make just enough concessions that even the poor in america are better off compared to russian peasants or syrians in 2011. a sudden revolution is not really possible right now as the vast majority have too much to lose. anything that would create the environment where insurrection could occur will allow them time to prepare.

We're going to have 70 million+ Americans idle and unemployed for the forseeable future. They're getting a $1200 check and $600 a month, until state unemployment runs out because of feedback loops in automatic transfers.

I think that making broad statements based on everything right up until early march in the US is pointless now. We've entered a new era of dynamism.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

WoodrowSkillson posted:

all those abrams tanks in the desert will work just fine, and the poo poo they actually need works too. they don't need the F 35 and the Littoral Combat Ship to stamp down a leftist insurgency.
Who said anything about leftism?

What's the USAF's record against insurgencies?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Penisaurus Sex posted:

if I flee from the deep south to Pacifica do I have to live in a camp or can I easily sneak across the border and integrate into society?

asking for a friend.

you can live in one of the the homeless parking lots! :buddy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHDkALRz5Rk

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Halloween Jack posted:

a million!

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Penisaurus Sex posted:

We're going to have 70 million+ Americans idle and unemployed for the forseeable future. They're getting a $1200 check and $600 a month, until state unemployment runs out because of feedback loops in automatic transfers.

I think that making broad statements based on everything right up until early march in the US is pointless now. We've entered a new era of dynamism.

i agree we don't know what will happen, but given how fast the GOP did agree to straight up stimulus payments and extended unemployment and poo poo, i think the elites will exchange something like UBI "for the duration of the crisis" or whatever to keep the torches and pitchforks from coming out. as long as they still have their yachts, mansions, and power, they'll gladly toss the masses enough scraps to keep them quiet.

Halloween Jack posted:

chuds will never rebel as long as its not a dem president, they will be signing up to go kill the traitors. they are already gladly risking death by drowning in their own lungs to own the libs.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

scary ghost dog posted:

the watchmen tv show doesnt do an incredible job of anything

It made people think the Tulsa Race Massacre was a work of fiction lol.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

WoodrowSkillson posted:

chuds will never rebel as long as its not a dem president, they will be signing up to go kill the traitors. they are already gladly risking death by drowning in their own lungs to own the libs.
You've talked yourself into a weird corner where you think the chud Facebook morons are the SpecOps supermen they imagine themselves to be.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Revolutions work because the violence and deprecation are seen as less bad than the underlying conditions. America has this feature however that there exists a population of underclass for whom the conditions are way worse and when they finally rise up, the white population can and has united behind the military crushing the brown people who “riot.”

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Ron Jeremy posted:

Revolutions work because the violence and deprecation are seen as less bad than the underlying conditions. America has this feature however that there exists a population of underclass for whom the conditions are way worse and when they finally rise up, the white population can and has united behind the military crushing the brown people who “riot.”

I had a very good US History prof in college who said something that stuck with me: "America was just about to develop class consciousness and class solidarity like the rest of the world, but the elites saw what was coming and replaced it with racism."

Edit: I really don't think it would take too much work to manufacture consent that The Anti-American Terrorists Deserve To Die in a large group of people. I've seen everyone from centrist libs to the fascist right decry, say, Antifa and Black Lives Matter as dangerous psychos that our brave boys in blue must protect us and our property from at all costs. We already have classes of people whom it is not only acceptable to slaughter wholesale for any concocted reason, but whose death is actually endorsed as a social good.

It doesn't take much leverage to start lumping new outgroups into the same social classifications as preexisting outgroups. In the minds of CHUDs, BLM and Antifa are the same as the pussy hat brunch wimps. Saddam was tied to 9/11. South American refugees are the same as ISIS/Daesh are the same as Al Qaeda are the same as Iran is the same as Muslims in general, including American ones.

A lot of bloodthirsty white dumbasses have been trained into having no empathy and a high capacity for being lead into new frameworks which backfill any cognitive dissonance about killing fellow Americans with enough ideology to soothe and comfort their frictionless glide into concentration camps. Which we have built before, and have done again, and are currently doing. The ecofascism arguments coming from the center and right are the first wave of inoculations against feeling bad about mass death of innocents whose crime is Not Already Being Me.

SlimGoodbody fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Apr 14, 2020

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I haven't listened to the postmortem yet and :laffo: at the idea that a revolution in the US would be anything but fascist chuds rebelling against President Cuomo passing the faintest idea of gun restrictions or something and declaring Wyoming a free state but I would just like to emphasize that the show Watchmen was bad and you should not watch it

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

The Muppets On PCP posted:

it was reasonable given the previous few months to assume they didn't have it in them to pull everything together at almost literally the last minute to get biden across the finish line. a ton of state level officials (and voting dnc members) were definitely hedging their bets and going with bloomberg in the weeks before sc, so it's not like it was a long-planned and highly coordinated screwjob

but lesson learned the party still has some sway with the most loyal voters

The party has sway but I don't think it would have worked with anyone. Biden won overwhelmingly just because he's Obama VP.

In states where people campaign hard, it's obvious Biden isn't up for it, but once the race moved to states where that's not the case, Biden just swept.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Biden won because the entire field was a black hole of charisma. Even Bernie.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Biden won because he was literally the only establishment candidate to convincingly win a primary and that was enough for the Dem leadership to go all in and put the fix in for

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Biden won because listen here fat you need to stop calling trump a hero he acts like one but I remember when it wasnt we go to the pool and listen to the man not selling the story what you do know is that ain't enough

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

It's crazy how, I don't think any of us believed that the DNC wouldn't pull out all the stops to divert Bernie energy. It's just that we underestimated how blatant and hosed up those stops would be, and how few people actually cared, instead preferring to ignore it and continue enjoying the lullaby world that the DNC was/is singing to them. Like, remember Shadow and Acronym? Candidates literally lying on primetime news, saying they won when they in fact lost to Bernie? I couldn't have imagined that they'd go unpunished for such a brazen level of rewriting reality in real time.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

SlimGoodbody posted:

It's crazy how, I don't think any of us believed that the DNC wouldn't pull out all the stops to divert Bernie energy. It's just that we underestimated how blatant and hosed up those stops would be, and how few people actually cared, instead preferring to ignore it and continue enjoying the lullaby world that the DNC was/is singing to them. Like, remember Shadow and Acronym? Candidates literally lying on primetime news, saying they won when they in fact lost to Bernie? I couldn't have imagined that they'd go unpunished for such a brazen level of rewriting reality in real time.

Greetings from the UK

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

It’s almost as if the bourgeois media has the capability to manufacture consent in some way..

THS
Sep 15, 2017

not watching a single minute of msnbc and not reading a single word of nyt/wapo is the smartest thing anyone can do to stave off lib brain. people who take those sources seriously are worse informed than someone who doesn’t pay attention to news at all

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

How is Council of Dads a real show name that can't be true

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well Bernie was trying to win the democrat party nomination

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Felix's sister is very funny

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Penisaurus Sex posted:

asking for a friend.

Are you white? Because the fash are the ones most likely to make Cascadia real.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

SlimGoodbody posted:

For a while it looked like they were actually going to manage to sabotage themselves. There was some hope in seeing them flood the field with their own no-charisma nobodies vs. Bernie, the candidate that people could actually identify. I think it's honestly impressive that they managed to pull themselves together after that, if only the left could have a party with such discipline.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3912894&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1614

thank loving GOD I am actively avoiding the Dem Primary thread because I'd literally end up getting PermaBanned

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

peanut- posted:

Felix's sister is very funny

Also a legit author, The Walmart Book of the Dead is hilarious and well written.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

net work error posted:

It sounds like something felix would riff

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Felix sounds more engaged on the shows hes on and is doing good extra content. He seemed to be in a slump for a while hopefully he keeps this up

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Penisaurus Sex posted:

The US military would not be able to put down an actual for-real insurrection in the US for two pretty obvious reasons.

1.) our military isn't big enough, and is structured to make contractors money. If even 20% of the US population revolted, that's close to 60-70 million people. We'd have to do a draft in the rest of the country to even have enough manpower to hold a line from Canada to Mexico.

2.) we don't have the institutional and ideological backing to actually kill Americans en masse. There's a very big difference between convincing racist cops to kill hundreds of blacks/browns in a city and convincing your military to wage a war of extermination on dozens of millions of Americans, many of whom look and act just like that military.

boatloads of people would die either way, and that would be horrible, but you can't really win a war like that with tanks, drones, and the most expensive kit you can imagine.

Penisaurus Sex has a three-part plan to defeat the US military in the Middle East, around the world, and here at home.

1. Raise a 60-70 million strong revolutionary army.
2. Dismantle the US military.
3. Harden our defenses at home and prevent attacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

net work error posted:

hilariously, it's based on the book of the same name