Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I'm very excited for Uncle Rodger to tell me about college kids from his basement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

kiimo posted:

They're calling again? Just another Manic Monday I guess
I want you to know that I appreciate this.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I’m so loving excited to watch the stupid rear end draft next week and just feel like poo poo is normal for a couple of hours.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Ty1990 posted:

I’m so loving excited to watch the stupid rear end draft next week and just feel like poo poo is normal for a couple of hours.

They're using it as a covid fundraiser held in Rodgers basement. Normal ain't happening

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Ty1990 posted:

Yup. I want the crushing despair of Miami loving up rather than the crushing despair of, well, everything else

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if the bengals accidentally pick Jon Burrow or Joe Vurrow due to a typo in the virtual draft, do they get to say who it actually was or do they just have to take no one, or that guy if he exists

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Something I hadn't considered

https://twitter.com/CannataPFN/status/1249891623300972545?s=20

lol that would be so funny

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

keep an eye out for hurts and eason also.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Ehud posted:

I was just thinking this. I wonder if they'd trade down from 5 or up from 18, cause I reckon you'd need to get to 10 ish

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
No one's been talking about it but The Bengals best player is 35 and they have to look towards replacing him at some point. All this other talk, all these other whispers, what if they go ahead and draft their replacement long snapper at number one since Clark Harris is getting up there?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

tarbrush posted:

I was just thinking this. I wonder if they'd trade down from 5 or up from 18, cause I reckon you'd need to get to 10 ish

It's weird how we heard for 2 years about Miami and Love.

And lately? Nothing! What are they trying to hide?

Man, I've completely lost my mind stuck at home going over all the draft scenarios.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I know what you mean. I probly spent at least 20 hours total the last few weeks reading poo poo moving poo poo around to see who could possibly be there for The Bengals at 33. A part of me knows that they're gonna trade down and then draft some random guard that I've never heard of that isn't in anybody's top 100. I'm still sitting there like "Ooh but what if Baun and Jones are both available?"

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Apr 14, 2020

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Ehud posted:

It's weird how we heard for 2 years about Miami and Love.

And lately? Nothing! What are they trying to hide?

Man, I've completely lost my mind stuck at home going over all the draft scenarios.

So, I'm listening to the Ringer podcast at the moment (judge me as appropriate) and they're leaning into the angle that people are scared about his medicals and he could drop all the way out of the top 10. I figure if that Dolphins can get to 9-11 they could reasonably expect Love or Tua to be there and be happy picking either. I figure either Cleveland or New York would actually be pretty happy to move back to 18, and it's possible that Jacksonville might want to move up?

And yes, I'm going rapidly insane too. This draft could be anything from trainwreck to home run for Miami.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Utah States bowl game has been on ESPN whenever I turn the channel on for the last 4 days so I've seen ALOT of Jordan Love (in one game) and kid looks like he can sling it but I don't know anything else about him. Is he like one of those, just outside elite, pick him up at the tail end of the first so you have the flex of the 5th year or clearly a second day prospect?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

tarbrush posted:

I figure either Cleveland or New York would actually be pretty happy to move back to 18, and it's possible that Jacksonville might want to move up?

And yes, I'm going rapidly insane too. This draft could be anything from trainwreck to home run for Miami.
I'd be perfectly fine with taking #18 and #39 for #11 in theory, but moving down that far likely takes us out of range of the top 4 tier of OTs and top 3 tier of WRs so that would be tough to swallow. I'd still probably do it.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I've been watching these videos where JT O'Sullivan does QB film analysis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K38cw3EqL0w

This Jake Fromm breakdown is really interesting. He stinks out loud in this game, but the Georgia offense is also totally baffling at times. I don't know how anyone could have succeeded with this offense.

It also brings up the question of what the hell was the coaching staff at Georgia teaching him about his mechanics, none of which seem to match the play call.

Ehud fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Apr 14, 2020

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

If Miami grabbed him outside of top 5 I’d actually be a big fan.

I like him way more than Herby. But at this point it feels like every name I imagine them drafting feels like a bust.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I’m a Jordan Love truther. I watched him a handful of times last season and I mostly saw a quarterback who was the best player on his team but with a supporting cast that sort of sucked. Look at the turnover on that team from 2018 to 2019, both coaches and players, and I think that explains why he struggled so much. He’s not a perfect prospect by any stretch, and has no business going in the top five, but the love he gets from pundits isn’t totally unwarranted like it was for Christian Hackenberg or whatever.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Cavauro posted:

if the bengals accidentally pick Jon Burrow or Joe Vurrow due to a typo in the virtual draft, do they get to say who it actually was or do they just have to take no one, or that guy if he exists

This reminds me back in the time of nominating the wrong Adrian Peterson in lottery drafts. Yep, talking about fantasy again.

edit:

https://twitter.com/evansilva/status/1250100667533987840

kiimo fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Apr 14, 2020

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Lol at Fromm being ranked higher than Eason. Both are projects.but Fromm got Matt Flynn vibes. If eason can sit for a year and work on his brain game his ceiling is super high. He has the tools to be the franchise guy just not the mental side yet.

I dont think Fromm has the tools to be a franchise guy

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ty1990 posted:

I’m a Jordan Love truther. I watched him a handful of times last season and I mostly saw a quarterback who was the best player on his team but with a supporting cast that sort of sucked. Look at the turnover on that team from 2018 to 2019, both coaches and players, and I think that explains why he struggled so much. He’s not a perfect prospect by any stretch, and has no business going in the top five, but the love he gets from pundits isn’t totally unwarranted like it was for Christian Hackenberg or whatever.

He's athletic and not a terrible QB. Problem is being not terrible makes you bad as a starter in the NFL. That of course doesn't warrant a top selection. He definitely got overhyped during the process and I feel sorry for him because the expectations will be there if some team gambles on his upsides. Especially because we don't live in an age anymore where teams patiently wait on guys like Love to develop.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Except in Miami. Love to Dolphins. Sits behind Fitz and Rosen is the backup. Starts year 2, Rosen still the backup, Love then ascends to great starter status year 3.5.

Then i get my draft guru tag and live up to my mentor the great Mel “unanimous draft expert” Kiper

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

tarbrush posted:

So, I'm listening to the Ringer podcast at the moment (judge me as appropriate) and they're leaning into the angle that people are scared about his medicals and he could drop all the way out of the top 10. I figure if that Dolphins can get to 9-11 they could reasonably expect Love or Tua to be there and be happy picking either. I figure either Cleveland or New York would actually be pretty happy to move back to 18, and it's possible that Jacksonville might want to move up?

Maybe, it's so hard to say right now. Wouldn't be overly surprised if Tua goes number 2, also wouldn't be shocked if he dropped to 10, although that seems pretty drat late for a QB who did as much in college as Tua did.

Doltos posted:

He's athletic and not a terrible QB. Problem is being not terrible makes you bad as a starter in the NFL. That of course doesn't warrant a top selection. He definitely got overhyped during the process and I feel sorry for him because the expectations will be there if some team gambles on his upsides. Especially because we don't live in an age anymore where teams patiently wait on guys like Love to develop.

Teams will bet he can taught what he's missing, and that the change in coaching staff went a long way towards ruining his 2019 season. Tua and Burrow are definitely far ahead of Love as far as making the right reads and the right throws, but teams will hope that is a product of coaching, scheme, and surrounding talent. Basically if you are drafting off potential rather than a finished product Love is a pretty good choice and Miami liking him a lot wouldn't shock me at all.

But yeah he'll need to show he can do it pretty quickly. Most first round QBs are still getting a pass more or less on their first year, but if you suck bad the second year too you might be done. It seems likely that both Herbert and Love will struggle their first years, assuming they even play which they probably will

There might even be some decent QBs further down the draft board that end up being diamonds. Kind of interested in James Morgan from Florida International and Anthony Gordon, who stepped in for Gardner Minshew at Washington State and had similar amounts of success

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/flasportsbuzz/status/1250055834387742720?s=20

https://twitter.com/flasportsbuzz/status/1250052607600721924?s=20

gently caress me

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Kiper knows jack poo poo

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Doltos posted:

Kiper knows jack poo poo

What round is he going in?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Lmao if we stay at 6 and tua is there

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

This is by far this draft's #1 storyline.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

305-365-7446 posted:

Tua is ugly, had a hipectomy and owes me- I mean Chris

305-365-7446 posted:

hundreds of $$$. Unreliable and ugly. Miami loves Herbart.

305-365-7446 posted:

Chargers told me Detroit smells bad and says Quinn

305-365-7446 posted:

caught Syph from his sister. DO NOT TRADE WITH THEM!!!

305-365-7446 posted:

REMEMBER Tua ugly and bad. No one loves him. Do not draft him.

Jesus, every time I block a number they just get a new one.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
NFL is rigging the draft so that Tua goes to LA

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Adun posted:

NFL is rigging the draft so that Tua goes to LA

Seems legit

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Adun posted:

NFL is rigging the draft so that Tua goes to The Patriots

In other words precisely the people you should lie to if you're going to blow smoke.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I really think this guy could be a mid-late round gem in the vein of Gardner Minshew. He's not quite as slippery as Minshew but he throws just as well or better. NFL height at 6'3". Not a rocket arm by any means but enough I think to be successful in the NFL. Dismayingly thin frame. Reminds me a bit of Drew Lock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUMMzujE_f8

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
We’ll see what happens but boy howdy the same circle who broke the Brady news to me 2 months early AND nailed stuff early throughout the years said Miami didn’t love Tua and his medicals were impossible to ignore, so don’t be surprised when Miami picks someone else at 5. He said no to Herbert because he knew the feeling was the guy had serious happy feet with his accuracy and that’s REALLY hard to coach out...

But who knows. gently caress. I really love healthy Tua. I don’t like Herbert. I like Love @ 18.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

let's just run the wildcat

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Ehud posted:

let's just run the wildcat

I can't remember what his name is but there's a wide receiver in this draft who (as the entire team's most gifted football player) was basically made a wildcat quarterback when the team's original QB went down. He actually led them to several wins as well, maybe skip all this QB nonsense and just get that dude

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Play posted:

I can't remember what his name is but there's a wide receiver in this draft who (as the entire team's most gifted football player) was basically made a wildcat quarterback when the team's original QB went down. He actually led them to several wins as well, maybe skip all this QB nonsense and just get that dude

I believe that's Lynn Bowden from Kentucky

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Play posted:

Haysom Till?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

tarbrush posted:

Haysom Till?

That's the one!

Just kidding it's Lynn Bowden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

ShakeZula posted:

I believe that's Lynn Bowden from Kentucky

Losing to Getting blown out by Kentucky with Bowden at quarterback was a particularly painful experience in a terrible season for me as a Missouri fan.