Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Goon Boots posted:

Lol. Got any German sovereign citizen myths you can share? Like do they have some equivalent of gold-fringed flag poo poo?

The German equivalent is the Reichsbürgerbewegung (the Reich Citizen Movement), a bunch of loosely-affiliated groups of conservatives who claim the current federal government is illegitimate or powerless, and that they're actually citizens of the still-extant German Reich under the Weimar constitution of 1919. Some have even gone so far as to create their own "provisional reich governments" that issue fake IDs and print their own money, similar to the Moorish Nation here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

The Chairman posted:

The German equivalent is the Reichsbürgerbewegung (the Reich Citizen Movement), a bunch of loosely-affiliated groups of conservatives who claim the current federal government is illegitimate or powerless, and that they're actually citizens of the still-extant German Reich under the Weimar constitution of 1919. Some have even gone so far as to create their own "provisional reich governments" that issue fake IDs and print their own money, similar to the Moorish Nation here.

Amazing. I bet it feels cool to call yourself Chancellor of the Reich-in-Exile.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Goon Boots posted:

Amazing. I bet it feels cool to call yourself Chancellor of the Reich-in-Exile.

People unfamiliar with it will probably think you're talking about the third reich and punch you.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yeah that seems like it would have to be a germany specific thing because that's exactly where I'm going if anyone starts going on about reichs.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

TVs Ian posted:

The explanation I hear is that it's the conspiracy using it to mock everyone else. Like, either they're just doing it to see what they can get away with without the sheeple noticing, or when it's all revealed they'll do a Batman villain thing and be like, "You could have stopped us, if only you were smart enough to read the clues we left you!"

It's not mocking, it started as an occult thing. You do that to 'power' your occult rituals. Your symbols being on things allows your ritual/god/society to have control over it in some subtle and metaphysical way. It's got roots in Victorian era occultism where symbolism and imagery has Real Power. It's evolved, somewhat, into thumbing your noses at everyone else, but even with that it ties hard into the War Against Satan types that believe literal angels and devils are doing actual things in the world today, and the symbolism is an important part of that war.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

In short, it's always at least a little bit of projection.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Remember when ICE was posting “We must secure” and about 1488 immigrants? What did they get out of that but Nose thumbing?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Remember when ICE was posting “We must secure” and about 1488 immigrants? What did they get out of that but Nose thumbing?

Argas posted:

In short, it's always at least a little bit of projection.

This is the other part of it.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Captain Monkey posted:

It's not mocking, it started as an occult thing. You do that to 'power' your occult rituals.

Like when you charge up your JO crystal

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

It was a message to all the nazis that one of them was on the inside and a demonstration that they couldn’t be stopped—a show of strength. That’s a little different from what the secret rulers of the world could do with their endless power.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

GABA ghoul posted:

I'm from Germany and I can totally confirm American conspiracy poo poo like this spreading around here too. People who have no relation to the US and no knowledge about American politics or history are going on and on about Qanon and other American conspiracy crap. The sovereign citizen movement is now firmly established here and a major nuisance.

In addition to pop culture and media, America is now also the main exporter of mental illness in the world. Seems like most nations just don't have the infrastructure/societal decay to produce high quality mental illness so it needs to be imported from abroad.

That's not a bad explanation for why South America is full of insane evangelical chuds.

Forget Russia, all their bots can do is fave/upvote dumb bullshit. America actually manufacturers it.

jaylynne
Nov 7, 2005
putting the fun in dysfunctional
loving lol, I live in Germany (I’m American) and my German husband was just telling me about how one of his childhood friends had been ranting at him about the poo poo printed on that flyer. I was wondering if it was Q-Crazy related.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

The Chairman posted:

You can't mention Reichbürger and not show the thread the cover of the guideline for dealing with them.

https://publikationen.sachsen.de/bdb/artikel/25143

Look at that cover :allears:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Goon Boots posted:

Lol. Got any German sovereign citizen myths you can share? Like do they have some equivalent of gold-fringed flag poo poo?

Almost all of the modern movement is post-2010 and based on the sovereign citizen movement. The mechanics are pretty much the same, e.g. CAPITAL LETTERS, magic legalese spells, not needing a driver's license to drive, courts not having jurisdiction, "I refuse to create joinder", natural rights, etc. There are some minor German particularities like a weird obsession with documents not being valid unless they are signed by hand, but it's mostly the same.

Where it totally differs is the mythology. When the huksters localized that poo poo they based it on the weird obscure Reichsbürger conspiracy from the 60s(?) because none of the US mythology applied to Germany. The modern "cannon" most people agree on now is that Germany is still occupied by the Allies and the German government is simply a private limited liability company(called GmbH in German) that you don't have to "trade" with, if you don't want to. The German Reich still exists in the borders of 1937 but has no legitimate government and the only authority on German soil is the Allied Control Council. The German national ID card called "Personalausweis" is actually an employee ID card of the GmbH (the word "personal" has multiple meanings in German also used to refer to employees in a company).

There has been some pretty funny and tragic stories coming out of the movement the last couple of years. Like, I remember a story a couple of years ago where a family with 6 children fled from German Child Protective Services to Russia to appeal to the Russian government to protect them from "children abductions" because their home was in the former Soviet occupation zone. After Russian authorities freaked out and told them to get lost, they lived in a VW van in some parking lot with their 6 children for months. At some point they gave up and tried to get asylum for a couple of years, which Russia continually refused. The last thing I heard is that they received temporary refugee status on "humanitarian" grounds last year so that they could get an apartment and don't have to live in a van. IRC the Russian CPS tried to take away their children too cause they are clearly not mentally healthy enough to raise children and a van is not an environment for 6 children anyway. Also, people are writing "notarized" letters to Putin and Trump all the time to help them out of legal troubles, cause they are the only legal authority according to them.

e: found an English language article about them from 2016. It's from a British right wind rag so take it for what it is

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/698419/German-family-flees-to-Russia-claim-asylum-Griesbach

GABA ghoul fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Apr 15, 2020

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

It was a message to all the nazis that one of them was on the inside and a demonstration that they couldn’t be stopped—a show of strength. That’s a little different from what the secret rulers of the world could do with their endless power.

In case no one was aware:
https://twitter.com/jessicaschulb/status/1247234076718686210

Katie Waldman recently married Stephen Miller.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The most shocking thing about it is that she married a Jew. Also Stephen Miller had never been on a date before they got married, unless the two of them dated in secret, in which case she would have been his first girlfriend.

Very normal people engaging in typical human procreative ceremonies.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

that is not shocking, fascism does not require specifically anti-Semitism to be fascism- that is a notion fascists rely on to escape the stain of Auschwitz et al

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Peanut Butler posted:

that is not shocking, fascism does not require specifically anti-Semitism to be fascism- that is a notion fascists rely on to escape the stain of Auschwitz et al

It may not be shocking when a fascist marries a jew, but when a 14 word spouting Nazi does? That's a little more eyebrow raising for what I hope are obvious reasons.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

The most shocking thing about it is that she married a Jew. Also Stephen Miller had never been on a date before they got married, unless the two of them dated in secret, in which case she would have been his first girlfriend.

Very normal people engaging in typical human procreative ceremonies.

She’s also Jewish, a member of some sort of Conservative Judaism per the Wikipedia article.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Zipperelli. posted:

It may not be shocking when a fascist marries a jew, but when a 14 word spouting Nazi does? That's a little more eyebrow raising for what I hope are obvious reasons.

no

those "obvious reasons" are a smokescreen to rile up antisemitic yahoos and to confuse people who, on some level, believe that the Nazis were sincere about their big lie

the goal is brutal subjugation of all levels of society by the economic and political elite, powered by foreign conquest by military and/or economic means, legitimized by pouring fuel on whatever fires of bigotry are expedient

those are the ends, the details of the means are window-dressing to the fascists

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

I mean call Ben Shapiro a fascist in a tweet reply and get ready for mountains of "he can't be that, he's jewish" ignoring that he consistently tows the fascist line

in fact I would say that the trend of labeling fascists as generally "nazis" plays into this whole complex, it makes denying involvement in brutality-as-policy trivially easy

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Peanut Butler posted:

I mean call Ben Shapiro a fascist in a tweet reply and get ready for mountains of "he can't be that, he's jewish" ignoring that he consistently tows the fascist line

in fact I would say that the trend of labeling fascists as generally "nazis" plays into this whole complex, it makes denying involvement in brutality-as-policy trivially easy

Agreed on the larger point. America has been parafascist since at least 1945 and tons of people who gleefully murdered nazis in the war were obvious fascists in their postwar patriotic bliss. But if Miller's wife is dropping 1488 into a press release, then it is surprising that she is Jewish and that she would marry a Jew. There are plenty of Americans who embrace fascism because of the nazis in particular and who see genocide of Jews specifically as something desirable, sometimes in a way that makes them reject American patriotism.

Though maybe she makes the division between good Jew and bad Jew and figures she gets to be one of the ones sent to Israel once the ovens start up.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Peanut Butler posted:

no

those "obvious reasons" are a smokescreen to rile up antisemitic yahoos and to confuse people who, on some level, believe that the Nazis were sincere about their big lie

There are plenty of Americans who believe that lie quite sincerely.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

There are plenty of Americans who believe that lie quite sincerely.

right but the political elites who are manipulating those people into getting behind their larger agenda do not

besides that, systematic violence against specifically jewish people seems unlikely in the US; systematic violence against specifically natives, black and hispanic people never ended, and is ongoing, escalating

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Have people considered that she’s just really dumb?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
They're trying to secure a future for 30 year old bald men who look like they're in their 60s so their beauty will not vanish from the Earth.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Peanut Butler posted:

besides that, systematic violence against specifically jewish people seems unlikely in the US; systematic violence against specifically natives, black and hispanic people never ended, and is ongoing, escalating

I'm gonna need you to expand on this in particular because at a cursory read, you sound like an idiot...

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

Did you use prince andrew's secret codeword to get in via the dominoes?

That only works in one very specific Pizza Express

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Wasn't there that guy who really liked running highways through Jewish neighbourhoods?

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Zipperelli. posted:

I'm gonna need you to expand on this in particular because at a cursory read, you sound like an idiot...

there is stochastic violence, yes

also structural violence against a wide range of poor people that includes some Jewish folks, of course

systemic violence, in the US, though? Backed by cultural and governmental establishments? I don't see it? Not nearly on the scale of oppression heaved upon black folks, or on European Jews for most of that continents' history. Cops arent shooting people for wearing a kippah, and jokes about Jewish names are in the fringe compared to mainstreamed jokes about Ladasha, or native names

There exists bigotry against Jewish people, but my point is that fascism requires is an other to defeat and eraricate, and in the US that's based almost entirely on skin color

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

Wasn't there that guy who really liked running highways through Jewish neighbourhoods?

I think you're referring to Robert Moses and it was black neighborhoods, but it wouldn't surprise me if others did the same.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Peanut Butler posted:

there is stochastic violence, yes

also structural violence against a wide range of poor people that includes some Jewish folks, of course

systemic violence, in the US, though? Backed by cultural and governmental establishments? I don't see it? Not nearly on the scale of oppression heaved upon black folks, or on European Jews for most of that continents' history. Cops arent shooting people for wearing a kippah, and jokes about Jewish names are in the fringe compared to mainstreamed jokes about Ladasha, or native names

There exists bigotry against Jewish people, but my point is that fascism requires is an other to defeat and eraricate, and in the US that's based almost entirely on skin color

OK, fair. I appreciate this explanation and totally agree.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Qidiots are everywhere.

This lady runs a water park/go-kart type attraction here in the middle of the Canadian Prairies and has been posting about the fake pandemic, 5G conspiracy, rescuing kids from tunnels, etc. Someone finally caught wind of it and called her out on our city Reddit, so of course now she's crying about bullying while doubling down.

https://www.facebook.com/tanya.hall.96/videos/2943243922432396/

She continues to post everything publically. Why why why does anyone have a fully public facebook, let alone a business owner aimed and families?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Well I mean there’s that Australian psychiatrist who has their license revoked for posting Q stuff on his practice’s page. I think once you’re deep enough into Q stuff that you’re willing to post it publicly you believe you’re so right other people will clearly see you’re right too when they read your rambling and any attempts at saying you’re wrong are just idiot people or secretly collude with the cabal

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Well I mean there’s that Australian psychiatrist who has their license revoked for posting Q stuff on his practice’s page. I think once you’re deep enough into Q stuff that you’re willing to post it publicly you believe you’re so right other people will clearly see you’re right too when they read your rambling and any attempts at saying you’re wrong are just idiot people or secretly collude with the cabal

There's also a lot of stuff about good and evil and righteous sacrifice etc.. involved so you know, if they post about Q on their public Facebook page it's the same as if they hold their arms out for 3 days.

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?
Me: I'll be looking for work, guess I'll take anything I can get

Mom: If you work on 5G towers I'll disown you

Me: Maybe you shouldn't be taking advice about new technology from paranoid schizophrenics

Mom: STOP PERSECUTING ME!

somewhat abridged but God how wish I was joking :smith: This poo poo really does occupy the same empty space in the brain that religion likes to infest.

https://twitter.com/BDStanley/status/1250529406151462918

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/rothschildmd/status/1255529033997209607?s=19

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/4ngl3rf1sh/status/1256430392359497735

Thread about the Q supporter arrested earlier in the week and her radicalisation.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

goddamnedtwisto posted:

https://twitter.com/4ngl3rf1sh/status/1256430392359497735

Thread about the Q supporter arrested earlier in the week and her radicalisation.

I saw Prim and thought it was a KSBD thread for a sec

Interesting read though, thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

I can't tell which replies are in earnest.