Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
How long before we get a huge spike from all the bible thumpers who decided god would protect them from getting ronied and went to easter services?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

barefoot is legal

lol

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

gay picnic defence posted:

How long before we get a huge spike from all the bible thumpers who decided god would protect them from getting ronied and went to easter services?

It's up to two weeks between infection and roni party

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

Thoguh posted:

Restaurants, hairdressers, a bunch of stores that are currently closed, transportation related stuff beyond the current bare minimum. There's a lot of poo poo shut down right now that would come back if we decided to not care about a million people dieing. Not 100% of where we were two months ago, but a lot of it.

Until all the workers and customers got the Rona right away.

they could try, but restaurant demand dropped by 50% before any shutdowns started.

there isn't a restaurant in existence that can survive that except chains.

and chain restaurant workers are already at work because america needs its mcdonalds

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

'people are starved for content' - man about to be responsible for tens of thousands of deaths

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

twoday posted:

Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Sweden, and Denmark all had Universal at birth BCG up until the last 20 to 30 years, meaning most of the old people are vaccinated, and they should thus be considered "universal countries" in this regard, and they are among the highest in terms of testing rate in the world. Portugal and South Korea are still universal BCG countries, and Portugal ranks nearly as highly as Germany on testing - and Germany is regarded as being among the best countries in Europe and the world in terms of testing. Some of those I just mentioned are doing even better than Germany though!

No, they shouldn't be considered as such unless they have it now. South Korea was insanely aggressive in handling it. It wasn't BCG. Not familiar with Portugal's efforts.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

gay picnic defence posted:

Infection to hospitalization is something like mean 10 days

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I should not be shocked

https://mobile.twitter.com/danpfeiffer/status/1250232197107216384

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

seattle plague rat posted:

remembering the names of companies is a strength of his

hes putting it on display for the voters

republicans clapping and going wild for their favorites

It's like wrestling, he's making cheap pops.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

not an endorsement posted:

i don't care about wwe but is there any joshi puroresu still on

I think some empty-arena stuff is still going on but I'm not sure. No People Gate from STARDOM was pretty good, that's the only one I saw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uXoAZ2lEMA

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

friendly 2 da void posted:

time for me to admit i don't understand the "back to work" thing at all

the people who got fired aren't going back to work, they're out of a job for the foreseeable

the furloughed people aren't going back to work, because their bosses aren't making money and demand is through the floor.

the WFH people are already at work, if you think working from home isn't work because your rear end isn't in an office chair...lol

the millions of essential workers aren't going back to work because they're already at work

who exactly is going "back to work" when trump hits his big red Open The Economy button?

The idea is that the economy is shut down because of the quarantines and nothing else because the virus isn't a big deal. It's extremely stupid and short sighted but you can't change that mentality. People aren't ALLOWED to patronize businesses and spend their money!

When the economy "Re-opens" and doesn't get better they will just blame the shut downs for being too severe/too long. It isn't that people have no jobs to make money, no money to spend or no desire to buy frivolous poo poo when the world is ending. It's that liberal dictators dealt the economy a disastrous blow for no reason.

When people start dying in even greater numbers than before, unimaginable death, they will just say that there is no point in shutting down again because it didn't work the first time and just hurt the economy. We can't hurt the economy again with another pointless shutdown.

Just buckle up and be terrified by the ride I guess.

Rectal Death Adept has issued a correction as of 03:35 on Apr 15, 2020

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

friendly 2 da void posted:

time for me to admit i don't understand the "back to work" thing at all

the people who got fired aren't going back to work, they're out of a job for the foreseeable

the furloughed people aren't going back to work, because their bosses aren't making money and demand is through the floor.

the WFH people are already at work, if you think working from home isn't work because your rear end isn't in an office chair...lol

the millions of essential workers aren't going back to work because they're already at work

who exactly is going "back to work" when trump hits his big red Open The Economy button?

Oh I know. The news pitches it as a "return to normal" but lol it's too late for that buddy. At the very least, service industry jobs can start to come back, maybe. I know I'm sure as poo poo not going anywhere in public unless I absolutely have to probably for the rest of the year.

Can't wait for the loving liquor store to open again, though I think I might continue to just get takeout from the distillery that's three blocks away.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

no war but the rat war

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

lol peak

for anyone that doesn't get it yet, this is an audio representation of our stage of the pandemic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzNzgsAE4F0

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
hyperbalkanization: every person a state unto themself

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

I'm going to get a paper check and then frame it because it has Donald Trumps signature!

Sure, I won't be able to cash it, but hey sometimes we have to sacrifice for the country.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

https://twitter.com/3yearletterman/status/1250085731785216011?s=21

This guy is one of my favorite twitterers

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

TMMadman posted:

I'm going to get a paper check and then frame it because it has Donald Trumps signature!

Sure, I won't be able to cash it, but hey sometimes we have to sacrifice for the country.

I will mobile deposit it

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

TMMadman posted:

just do a mobile deposit and keep the paper check

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Inspiring

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Pooky posted:

I will mobile deposit it

Oh right. Thank god we have technology!

Now everyone can have a Trump signature (replica) and frame it to show your support for America!

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

Chris James 2 posted:

I think some empty-arena stuff is still going on but I'm not sure. No People Gate from STARDOM was pretty good, that's the only one I saw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uXoAZ2lEMA

this is sick, thank u

this must suffice as i am sure the deathmatch boys are scared off by coronavirus even though they're fine with hepatitis from guzzling blood

Pasty Doughboy
Dec 23, 2006
With red way hair. One day it will all be gone, I’ll go blind from the glare

“Donald, I’m not mad, I’m just disappointed...”

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, I don't even know if I can get a check since I didn't lose a job and I am an independent contractor anyway.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Judakel posted:

No, they shouldn't be considered as such unless they have it now. South Korea was insanely aggressive in handling it. It wasn't BCG. Not familiar with Portugal's efforts.

I am not saying that BCG is the only factor, I support lockdowns and testing

but if it has an effect, you want to see whether the old people have it or not, no? whether the people born after 1990/2000 have it or not doesn't matter as much, it would seem, since it affects old people much more in any case

as for portugal's effects, I just quoted a giant post about them filled with details, the one where that chart was

I realize you are kind of a troll but I am arguing with you anyway because you are serving as a foil

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
that trump check is going to be an honor worthy of framing

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1250251710032994305

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1250197149700087809

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

delaying the checks to put his name on them. amazing

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.
how do I get a physical check in lieu of a direct deposit?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

:yooge: there's nothing sweeter than 14 year old baseball games

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Der Meister posted:

delaying the checks to put his name on them. amazing

sounds like an impeachable offense to me

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

TMMadman posted:

Also, I don't even know if I can get a check since I didn't lose a job and I am an independent contractor anyway.

Wait I thought we all got checks

Do we not all get checks

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
Watching lovely chud band TRAPT get owned online by ICE T is kinda the only thing keeping me going right now you know?

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Trump: “There’s only one kind of 14 year old entertainment I like and”... *MSNBC cuts away*

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Wait I thought we all got checks

Do we not all get checks

yeah I think so unless you made over $100k in 2018

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

slave to my cravings posted:

sounds like an impeachable offense to me

if enough people tweet about it there’s no way he’ll squeak out of this one

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ryanstruyk/status/1250242352154906624?s=19

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

twoday posted:

farts or toilet air,