Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
quoting myself because this livestream is hilarious

The Joe Man posted:

livestream of cardi b interviewing bernie and she might be drunk as hell:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dxLbhw2YEk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/tysonbrody/status/1250245618678857729

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Samurai Sanders posted:

In the end, did Bloomberg's 8 billion dollars buy him anything at all? I haven't heard anything about him in months. Or maybe three days or something. I don't even know anymore, times all hosed up.

sure, bernie didnt sweep super tuesday, thats all bloomberg wanted

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

duz posted:

sure, bernie didnt sweep super tuesday, thats all bloomberg wanted
I didn't realize him and Bernie were competing for many votes.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

They were insofar as most of the electorate holds a bunch of incoherent and contradictory beliefs and are just gonna go for whoever ends up resonating with them, but yeah I'd expect more of the crowd who picked Bloomberg because they kept hearing his name on TV would be more likely to default to the next person they saw on TV(probably Biden The Conqueror and his vassals)

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Samurai Sanders posted:

if bloomberg draws out people who dont vote to vote for him, proportionality helps worsen bernie's overall delegate count

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
having a lot of fun on social media getting into arguments with biden supporters and telling them that I can't vote for biden because his supporters are so toxic, and candidates are responsible for the behavior of their supporters. If they demand examples I just go to twitter and find the first tweet about politics with a lot of comments and the majority of the comments are biden bros being incredibly toxic and horrible towards sexual assault survivors. I don't have any particular goal with this other than ruining biden supporters' days

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Car Hater posted:

Nah the only possible winning move was to have a warchest on hand to launch the campaign with an ad blitz and absolutely loving nuke Obama into oblivion. Clips of Obama claiming to be a republican, trying to gut social security, bailing out the banks, perpetuating the foreverwar, sending his daughter to work for weinstein, loving off after the election to hang out on Billionaire Island, and cap it off with "Barack Obama was so cynical that he chose a guy who said racist things about him to be his VP in a false show of magnanimity and didn't even care that he was probably a sex pest." Just day after day of "Trump is Obama's fault, he hosed up and that's what allowed this to happen, WE. WON'T. >:["

So basically we needed to transplant C-spam directly into Bernie's old noggin to win, hopefully it will be easier in 4 years when everything is even more hosed up.

Lol yes, this would definitely work and not just turn Bernie into a massive pariah that any future leftist would have to disavow. Obama was an incredible disappointment, but i'd wager strongly that even most Sanders voters in the primary still like him.

The idea that "be like CSPAM" is the secret to electoral victory may be the dumbest goddamn thing I have ever heard.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
iirc Biden’s team floated appointing Bloomberg head of the World Bank

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Lol yes, this would definitely work and not just turn Bernie into a massive pariah that any future leftist would have to disavow. Obama was an incredible disappointment, but i'd wager strongly that even most Sanders voters in the primary still like him.

The idea that "be like CSPAM" is the secret to electoral victory may be the dumbest goddamn thing I have ever heard.

Yeah because there is definitely a path to victory when a huge chunk of the party hero-worships a self-professed Republican and he can just cold-stop your campaign at any time.

No leftist will ever get through, and no progress that Obama doesn't care for will be made, until the contradictions of Obama's real-world legacy are heightened in the Dem bases minds and he is disgraced.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

If the US had unified national primaries all on the same day instead of this insane drawn-out system where half the primaries don't even matter, would that have helped or hurt Bernie

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If the US had unified national primaries all on the same day instead of this insane drawn-out system where half the primaries don't even matter, would that have helped or hurt Bernie

He came out the easy front-runner then, much later, centrist Voltron formed.

If it was all one day he would have won every state except Minnesota, South Carolina, and Delaware.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
remember, Biden caused every single major problem the country has seen in the last 4 decades but he'll definitely make better decisions than Trump now because he doesn't tweet

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

In the end, did Bloomberg's 8 billion dollars buy him anything at all? I haven't heard anything about him in months. Or maybe three days or something. I don't even know anymore, times all hosed up.

He's basically outright bought the party. He's given tens of millions to it directly, is about to successfully become the campaign apparatus around Biden, and has for years been buying the loyalty of mayors and other apparaticks across the nation

Just last year, Bloomberg was a Republican. He spent millions to protect the GOP Senate majority on 2018.

A party that is flush for another campaign cycle has a couple hundred million dollars, it was only a matter of time before somebody like Bloomberg with more money than God dug around in their pockets to just buy one outright

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Worked for Trump

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Republican primary voters are a different beast than Democratic.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

If it was all one day he would have won every state except Minnesota, South Carolina, and Delaware.

If it was all one day, centrist voltron would have formed either before voting started, or at the convention, when Bernie would have only had a plurality. The whole process would be incredibly different.

And, Trump isnt being like CSPAM. Trump is an angry facebook grandpa being assisted by some reddit memelords.

thicc_waluigi
Jan 5, 2019

Anyone who would favorably view an anti-Obama ad blitz is either already voting for Bernie or, even more likely, is already voting for Trump.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

yeah unfortunately getting low information democrat brand loyalists to wrestle with obama's real, actual legacy is going to take like, reeducation camps not tweets and tv spots.

that's always been the hurdle, dude definitely has kingmaking power among the huge number of folks who still think casting a ballot for him in '08 and '12 makes them morally above reproach forever.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
I agree that acting like C-SPAM would not help any Democrat in a primary or general election.

However, it seems like something has to be done that is thinking more than one election ahead, to break the idea of neoliberal consensus in the party. Otherwise nothing will change.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Fellatio del Toro posted:

after 50 years of proudly working against everything you believe in, i'm finally ready to listen

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Owlbear Camus posted:

yeah unfortunately getting low information democrat brand loyalists to wrestle with obama's real, actual legacy is going to take like, reeducation camps not tweets and tv spots.

that's always been the hurdle, dude definitely has kingmaking power among the huge number of folks who still think casting a ballot for him in '08 and '12 makes them morally above reproach forever.

Its not just the white folks that Obama made feel like they had defeated racism.

The first minority president is going to have a special place in the heart of a huge number of minorities, especially since he was personally likeable, had very little in the way of public scandal, and won re-election against the literal avatar of white upper class privilege.

Viciously tearing that guy down in a party thats as minority heavy as the Dems is an incredibly bad idea. Its going to make you a huge number of enemies and your only friends would be a hosed up combo of cspammers and 4channers. You'd be better off selling yourself as living up to a mythic idea of Obama thats well left of actual Obama, and daring actual Obama to prove to the public that he isn't the guy they want him to to be.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Clinton (the competent one) was right.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Samurai Sanders posted:

He bought the DNC, OP and now has a lot of sway in the modern equivalents of the "smokey back rooms."

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

In 2020 sure, but in 2016? Nah. Without 2016, 2020 wouldn't have happened.

Seatbelts
Mar 29, 2010
https://twitter.com/Hezbolsonaro/status/1250171674315677699
Imagine thinking you could draw new borders like this without consideration for cultural/financial ramifications
What IS the middle east anyway?

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Its not just the white folks that Obama made feel like they had defeated racism.

The first minority president is going to have a special place in the heart of a huge number of minorities, especially since he was personally likeable, had very little in the way of public scandal, and won re-election against the literal avatar of white upper class privilege.

Viciously tearing that guy down in a party thats as minority heavy as the Dems is an incredibly bad idea. Its going to make you a huge number of enemies and your only friends would be a hosed up combo of cspammers and 4channers. You'd be better off selling yourself as living up to a mythic idea of Obama thats well left of actual Obama, and daring actual Obama to prove to the public that he isn't the guy they want him to to be.

The point isn't to make friends, the point is to win by shattering those people's minds by no longer allowing them to live in denial, as a prelude to proving that the world they knew is over, any strategy of trying to play ball or out-left Obama would have been met by normalization. I am well aware that people of all stripes will never ever admit that they've been scammed, let alone that their whole life was a scam, but it is what it is. The system is terminal, Obama knew and papered it over with a smile, the old world is dying and the new struggles to be born. If people refuse to confront it, well, that's that and we had a good run.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Seatbelts posted:

https://twitter.com/Hezbolsonaro/status/1250171674315677699
Imagine thinking you could draw new borders like this without consideration for cultural/financial ramifications
What IS the middle east anyway?

As someone born in Quebec, I reall have to ask: why the gently caress would you want Quebec?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Flavius Aetass posted:

I agree that acting like C-SPAM would not help any Democrat in a primary or general election.

However, it seems like something has to be done that is thinking more than one election ahead, to break the idea of neoliberal consensus in the party. Otherwise nothing will change.

whatever the path forward ends up being, it almost certainly starts with using the current moment to shoot the hostage and withhold our vote from the Dems if they refuse to give us the sort of policy concessions they have historically given to conservatives who do not vote for them at all

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

one of the big problems going forward will be the fact that the Dem base has an absolute, rock-solid faith in the media and what the people on the teevee tell them, which is why so many volunteers saw stuff on Super Tuesday like people they'd activated and gotten to commit for Bernie changing their vote to Biden post-ratfuck

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Car Hater posted:

hopefully it will be easier in 4 years when everything is even more hosed up.

says increasingly nervous c-spammer

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Epic High Five posted:

whatever the path forward ends up being, it almost certainly starts with using the current moment to shoot the hostage and withhold our vote from the Dems if they refuse to give us the sort of policy concessions they have historically given to conservatives who do not vote for them at all

just made some minor cosmetic improvements

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
This is the only map that matters.

You can change Peach to Biden or whatever for additional political commentary.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Paladinus posted:

This is the only map that matters.

You can change Peach to Biden or whatever for additional political commentary.

Somebody post the youtube of this, lol

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

RIP Syndrome posted:

says increasingly nervous c-spammer

Oh that was me being optimistic; the falloff in sulfate emissions and subsequent temperature spike, crop failures and food riots already killed us, by 2024 I will be at war with the remnants of the federal government over their attempt to encroach on Lake Ontario

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

I think going hard negative on Biden would have ended up being taken as going negative on Obama by proxy. While C-Spammers would have loved that, its probably the worst move you could make in a Dem primary. Plenty of Bernie voters still have warm feelings for Obama.

Maybe Harris could've gotten away with it? It worked for her for a bit, till people figured out they literally couldn't trust anything she said, and also shes a compulsive Numbers Fuckstein type.

Ultimately, we can say Bernie shoulda done XYZ, but both to his credit as a person and detriment as a campaigner, Sanders is a very consistent, reliable politician. He was always gonna do pretty much just what he did. This campaign was basically "2016, but louder", and it ran into the exact same predictable political roadblock as last time (Southern Dems). It also appears to have done worse in some places like the midwest, where 2016 results were probably buoyed by Clinton being so deeply and widely hated.

I still cling to electoralism, primarily because i think Americans are incredibly fat and lazy. So I hope a future leftist can figure a way around the problems Sanders got stymied by without just having to wait for current old black folks to die and hoping the new old black folks that take their place arent as politically stagnant.

yeah, of course, black people are the reason for the bad. lol

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Joe Man posted:

quoting myself because this livestream is hilarious

Isn't Cardi B's deal that she's really dumb and it's funny? Why is she interviewing a political candidate?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Somebody post the youtube of this, lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zBTF4INW5g

e: lmao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG1GeWZJQYY

Son of Thunderbeast has issued a correction as of 17:58 on Apr 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

The Ultimate Doge posted:

Isn't Cardi B's deal that she's really dumb and it's funny? Why is she interviewing a political candidate?

she's funny yes but she actually knows her poo poo pretty well, though many think like you that she is dumb