Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

gay picnic defence posted:

How long before we get a huge spike from all the bible thumpers who decided god would protect them from getting ronied and went to easter services?

between 5 to 14 days from sunday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Wondering if we can get used to periodic social distancing, if it would be a good way to wind down the whole perpetual growth thing capitalism has going

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
there's nothing about this headline that i don't like

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Phone posted:

there's nothing about this headline that i don't like

god i keep forgetting that's a thing, what a hosed up country lol

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

twoday posted:

I am not saying that BCG is the only factor, I support lockdowns and testing

but if it has an effect, you want to see whether the old people have it or not, no? whether the people born after 1990/2000 have it or not doesn't matter as much, it would seem, since it affects old people much more in any case

as for portugal's effects, I just quoted a giant post about them filled with details, the one where that chart was

I realize you are kind of a troll but I am arguing with you anyway because you are serving as a foil

Plenty of old people dying in BCG countries. I am not trolling you, by the way. I realize for zealots it can be hard to discern a normal level of skepticism from trolling. The only foil is of the tin variety. Your quoted post didn't really go into that much detail. There is, as of right now, nothing to point to BCG doing anything. There's just a mild amount of correlation.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

can we preemptively probate people posting big juicy wet burgers and steaks, caramelized onions, smoked ribs, sauced wings, &c.... i might snap if i see one, or think about one, or dream about holding one between my prude fingers and stuffing my face, licking my fingers from the hot juices.....

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I mean really this entire situation is just surreal. Like a year ago this would have seemed like a loving insane idea and now we're living it

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

i'm a member of some clinical informatics things and got forwarded the australian coding guidelines for sars-cov-2, p neat

https://www.ihpa.gov.au/what-we-do/how-classify-covid-19

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Wait I thought we all got checks

Do we not all get checks

as long as you don't make over 100k and can't be claimed as a dependent you should get one

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

lol the folks on the news are saying "well actually this coronavirus is good for our state (WI) because people are cancelling long distance trips (out of this hellhole) and booking roadtrips locally (where they normally don't want to go)"

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Got my Trumpbux (not as a check unfortunately). Gave it to the local food bank because I am somehow still employed

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

as long as you don't make over 100k and can't be claimed as a dependent you should get one

Phew thankfully i don't earn very much

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

How long before we get a huge spike from all the bible thumpers who decided god would protect them from getting ronied and went to easter services?

2-14 days for infection to become symptomatic. 2 weeks after becoming symptomatic to die in cases that turn fatal. 3 weeks after becoming symptomatic to recover in cases that are non-fatal.

By the start of May almost all of those cases will have shown up and by the middle of May almost all will have resolved.

Not a single pastor who decided to hold in-person services instead of drive-up or streaming will ever take responsibility for what they did.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

2-14 days for infection to become symptomatic. 2 weeks after becoming symptomatic to die in cases that turn fatal. 3 weeks after becoming symptomatic to recover in cases that are non-fatal.

By the start of May almost all of those cases will have shown up and by the middle of May almost all will have resolved.

Not a single pastor who decided to hold in-person services instead of drive-up or streaming will ever take responsibility for what they did.

lol that pastor in VA who did this was held responsible by nature when he died from the virus which he almost certainly caught while holding a meeting despite being told it's a bad idea

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Judakel posted:

Plenty of old people dying in BCG countries. I am not trolling you, by the way. I realize for zealots it can be hard to discern a normal level of skepticism from trolling. The only foil is of the tin variety. Your quoted post didn't really go into that much detail. There is, as of right now, nothing to point to BCG doing anything. There's just a mild amount of correlation.

yeah hey I agree, I'm not holding on to this theory for dear life, let's see how it plays out

a bunch of clinical trials are either planned or already happening and there have been a bunch of correlational studies, but as I pointed out earlier, I think there are too many factors for those to be taken at face value

the points you are raising are valid, we don't have perfect access to all information from all countries and it's possible to bicker about those facts endlessly without coming to any conclusions

Besides the correlational studies there were a bunch of other studies done which seem to explain the way BCG is protective against viral infections, and that gives me some more confidence in it. But not everyone likes those either and I don't know. Neither does anyone else, but the whole scientific world is dealing with this problem now, many countries are running studies, and even the WHO had to release a statement today where they said there is no clear evidence which supports it, but also saying that they are curious about the results of upcoming studies. If you're trying to give me reason to doubt, there is no need, I think we are all pretty much on the same page here.

edit: however if it turns out I was right I will be a total dick about it

twoday has issued a correction as of 04:30 on Apr 15, 2020

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Inceltown posted:

It's up to two weeks between infection and roni party

Cool, so right when Trup wants to restart the economy

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Farm Frenzy posted:

'people are starved for content' - man about to be responsible for tens of thousands of deaths

There's plenty of content if you know where to look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeC9ORcpBrE

Pity about the ending

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
so after not having read this thread for a week and being pretty removed from news except mainstream outlets things feel like they're going better than expected?

i need you all to disabuse me of that notion.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

not an endorsement posted:

i'm a member of some clinical informatics things and got forwarded the australian coding guidelines for sars-cov-2, p neat

https://www.ihpa.gov.au/what-we-do/how-classify-covid-19

That seems like it would lead to a significant understating of the true number of cases. I suppose though they might be still trying to conserve test kits or something.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

https://twitter.com/NathanKalmoe/status/1250244245195231232

lol every tuesday like clockwork

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Skinner never did get his magnet seats :(

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

That seems like it would lead to a significant understating of the true number of cases. I suppose though they might be still trying to conserve test kits or something.

yes, the stated guidelines essentially exclude non-acute outpatients who don't have a known contact -- the good news is that, at least in qld, there isn't a testing shortage at the moment so i think they're being pretty liberal with giving it to those who request it

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

so after not having read this thread for a week and being pretty removed from news except mainstream outlets things feel like they're going better than expected?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

this is the best political advertisement ever, haha. they are letting him straight up bribe the whole nation. He is going to steamroll joe biden

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I grew up in Shamokin, you can bet your rear end I flew out of there as fast as I could and going back to visit family is agonizing.

do you recall anything about officer psycho or the dunks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1IXyujNbVE

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Blockade posted:

Got my Trumpbux (not as a check unfortunately). Gave it to the local food bank because I am somehow still employed

nice!

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

:tinfoil: panicky take: Stock up on meat, u.s. meat suppliers are starting to shut down because too many workers are sick to keep going

less panicky take: it probably won't result in too much of a disruption

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
lol we're getting our checks later because trump needed to write his name on them randomly????

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

SKULL.GIF posted:

between 5 to 14 days from sunday

He (the death count) is risen!

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

they're gonna fist fight vince mcmahon, danny white, and robert kraft

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

just found out the husband of a family friend has it and is on day 3 of symptoms. she isn’t showing symptoms so she can’t get tested...this is going to be the worst of both worlds because we are going to be off by 10-20x, enough to really gently caress over any attempt at predictive / responsive action and ALSO not enough that everyone banking on “we are so close to herd immunity” will have the rug pulled out from under them when they realize that’s only like 10% of the population and we need to hit 80%+ to even sniff herd immunity

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

https://twitter.com/JoeOtterson/status/1250251584333701120

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Every weekend like clockwork we have a decrease in deaths due to reporting issues which leads to the mainstream media proclaiming each new drop every weekend is the beginning of the end and the worst is over.

We are massively under counting deaths nationwide. New York added 3,700 previously unattributed deaths today pushing us to almost 30,000 as a nation. This may not even be all of the deaths there, it's just a portion of the unusual death activity but still leaves thousands of deaths above the typical monthly rate out as of now. But if the numbers hold out we would be at, easily, a total of more than 40,000 nationwide.

During all of this large portions of the country and government are demanding to REOPEN FOR BUSINESS so that we can slam face first into a second, even worse, wave of the pandemic.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

we’re really just the dumbest loving country

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

literally just

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler

It's late so I can't really elaborate but to say this is pseudoscience is to give it too much credit lol

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Does anyone have that tweet of the bodies piled up in the morgue and sitting posed on a chair?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Every weekend like clockwork we have a decrease in deaths due to reporting issues which leads to the mainstream media proclaiming each new drop every weekend is the beginning of the end and the worst is over.

We are massively under counting deaths nationwide. New York added 3,700 previously unattributed deaths today pushing us to almost 30,000 as a nation. This may not even be all of the deaths there, it's just a portion of the unusual death activity but still leaves thousands of deaths above the typical monthly rate out as of now. But if the numbers hold out we would be at, easily, a total of more than 40,000 nationwide.

During all of this large portions of the country and government are demanding to REOPEN FOR BUSINESS so that we can slam face first into a second, even worse, wave of the pandemic.

B-b-b-b-but MAGA Twitter told me yesterday the models showing 60k dead total are gonna be further revised down!