Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

who stole the cookie from the cookie jar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

friendly 2 da void posted:

I'm not going to read that New York Times article but Russia's been spreading shitloads of science misinformation for a while. Russia Today pushes antivaxxer poo poo all the time.

Facebook is the one doing more to push anti vaccine horseshit to idiots

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://i.imgur.com/o8jHVLc.mp4

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
NUMBER NUMBER NUMBER

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

shovelbum posted:

The state of Texas has developed protocols for using industrial style PPE in their public TB hospital. It's not unheard of at all.

Not surprising to hear that there are exceptions to the standards, which probably took a lot of research and scientific rigor to ensure the practice is sound. I'd try to be a contrarian and say the time to develop such protocols is not by the seat of your pants in the middle of a pandemic before you can determine if the equipment is safe and effective for protecting health care workers, but we're handing out loving mets ponchos as impermeable gowns for droplet protection now so I've got nothing.

Also a public, dedicated TB hospital is some 1800's stuff :eyepop:

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I mean also presumably there's a lot of info on big rubbery filters and valves PPE setups in crazy death virus environments from the military

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

people here are finally a bit shook, had to go get groceries and almost 100% of people were wearing masks, up from about 30% just a week ago

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

shovelbum posted:

Check McMaster Carr a few times a week and if something has a specific delivery date they'll probably send it to you, it's the leftovers, it worked last week anyway.

Ordered from them, ty

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

friendly 2 da void posted:

I'm not going to read that New York Times article but Russia's been spreading shitloads of science misinformation for a while. Russia Today pushes antivaxxer poo poo all the time.

no argument there, the russian government definitely spreads a bunch of disinformation, I'm just saying it's dumb to blame every single problem in one's society on a single foreign power

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

twoday posted:

no argument there, the russian government definitely spreads a bunch of disinformation, I'm just saying it's dumb to blame every single problem in one's society on a foreign power

What if I'm not in the US blaming the US?

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

Al-Saqr posted:

Facebook is the one doing more to push anti vaccine horseshit to idiots

It couldn't happen without Facebook, sure.

But Facebook a platform. It doesn't create content. Russian media outlets definitely spread antivax poo poo on FB.

Anyway this is the COVID-19 thread and antivax or not doesn't matter because a vaccine is at least 2 and probably 5 -10 years away!

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Inceltown posted:

One of the upsides of the quarantine is the quality pet content you get.

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1250160326877855747

lol

nopants
May 29, 2004

lmao

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

people here are finally a bit shook, had to go get groceries and almost 100% of people were wearing masks, up from about 30% just a week ago

Here in MS they now have signs at the post office saying you cannot enter the building without a mask. An old white guy tried to when I was in there and they yelled at them and he was like [crotchety old probably racist white man voice] "BUT I AIN'T GORT A MASK!!!" and they had to argue him into standing outside the post office while they came out and got his package.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
oh no doubt, but since it wasn't specifically manufactured in an FDA/NIOSH approved facility that paid the $15 million extortion fee, it is magically not medical grade and the protective properties immediately become unknown and therefore unsafe to use. I'm really just trying to rationalize the insanity of our current disposable PPE situation and that such a simple solution as use PPE designed for reuse is sitting right there. Surely hospital administrators wouldn't be so abominable as to nickel and dime their staff by forcing them to reuse soiled PPE instead of going down to Lowes and buying some elastomeric for a few dollars more. Right?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/BillGates/status/1250292126643941376?s=20

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

gay picnic defence posted:

Does anyone have that tweet of the bodies piled up in the morgue and sitting posed on a chair?

https://twitter.com/MarshallCohen/status/1249753457046835200

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/devisridhar/status/1250182592009207810

This seems less than ideal. 80+ and you die because gently caress you we're Trnmpstans

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Lots of people where I am wearing masks and scarves and bandanas around their neck. I’d say maybe 1 out of 3 people. Just performative. Of that 1 out of 3 maybe 10% are actually covering their face. Honestly I don’t know if it’s the weather getting better or the fact that it just hasn’t gotten bad here but people seem to be taking everything less seriously everyday. Walking the dog it’s getting harder and harder to avoid people. The parks and green spaces are pretty packed.

Seemed like everyone was taking it pretty seriously a couple weeks ago but buy-in seems to be going away

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

hahahaha.. I love this slow apocalypse

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
This is another thing that seems bizarre, these are coastal cities, they should charter traditional reefer ships which are mobile refrigerated warehouses that have lost market share to reefer containers in recent years. There's no need to pile up bodies in chairs lmao when a larger ship could store tens or hundreds of thousands of bodies

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

All the cool peeps are praying to Avalokitesvara and Medicine Buddha on Buddha's Birthday April 30th.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

xrunner posted:

Lots of people where I am wearing masks and scarves and bandanas around their neck. I’d say maybe 1 out of 3 people. Just performative. Of that 1 out of 3 maybe 10% are actually covering their face. Honestly I don’t know if it’s the weather getting better or the fact that it just hasn’t gotten bad here but people seem to be taking everything less seriously everyday. Walking the dog it’s getting harder and harder to avoid people. The parks and green spaces are pretty packed.

Seemed like everyone was taking it pretty seriously a couple weeks ago but buy-in seems to be going away

yeah it's weird, mask usage is way, way up but people aren't paying as much attention to keeping six feet apart and i've been seeing noticeably more traffic

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
There is definitely a weird feeling of collective blue balls in the air. We've all braced for impact, but it's never coming. This isn't some wild spectacle poo poo like bleeding from your eyes ebola. It's just people with pneumonia. Everything has stopped. We spend most of the shift just staring at each other as we wait for the one patient of the day when we'd normally have 10+ on the list. Covid19 has been hypernormalized. The April 11th peak projected by the state came and went without fanfare. Yet slowly, silently the plague wards fill up and new units are conscripted into action. The CDU was chosen as the next floor to start handling incoming covid patients this week.

The audio system for mri scanner broke again. Patients can no longer listen to our incredible selection of 10 sirius radio stations.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

yeah it's weird, mask usage is way, way up but people aren't paying as much attention to keeping six feet apart and i've been seeing noticeably more traffic

Isn't this why they were saying the average American absolutely can't handle a mask

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

shovelbum posted:

Isn't this why they were saying the average American absolutely can't handle a mask

The amount of people I've seen taking their masks off to talk or listen to someone or just having it around their neck is way too high

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

i went to the fruit mart on the corner today to try and buy some missing provisions and my neighbour watched me absolutely lose my poo poo on some woman who kept creeping into my distance bubble and then i finally just left without buying anything

also that place is price gouging and also they're an administrative arm of my landlord, so i shouldn't be giving them money but it's the only fresh produce within a mile right now so

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Stereotype posted:

The amount of people I've seen taking their masks off to talk or listen to someone or just having it around their neck is way too high

aaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

twoday posted:

Time to repost this classic:

hahaha

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Stereotype posted:

Sounds like you're seeing too many people. In the last 14 days I've only interacted with a dog and a delivery man who couldn't read the instructions to just leave the delivery through the storm door. I'm probably being too outgoing.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Inceltown posted:

https://twitter.com/devisridhar/status/1250182592009207810

This seems less than ideal. 80+ and you die because gently caress you we're Trnmpstans

This is the socialized medicine future libs want!

For real though, watch this end up being the right choice. Started hearing about the 2 year lock down measures and began cackling at the idea that boris Johnsons cull the weak strategy was actually the absolute best option for the continued existence of the capitalist society. Just have labor grind through and come out the other side in a month with the fat trimmed off (members of society with minimal profit output ie olds, medical conditions, etc).

Absolutely dire

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
That's numberwang!

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Trying to listen to people talking with masks on loving sucks. I'm constantly asking my coworkers to repeat stuff cause I can't hear them clearly. I'm old.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Sounds like you're seeing too many people. In the last 14 days I've only interacted with a dog and a delivery man who couldn't read the instructions to just leave the delivery through the storm door. I'm probably being too outgoing.

Sounds like a great way to have piles of dog poo poo in the living room. Or are you one of those fancy folks with a yard?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

That DICK! posted:

bare foot?

She was never meant to leave the tower, so she was never given shoes. As a result, she never got used to wearing them and doesn't like it.

It was more about the kingdom of the social distancing princess being named Corona.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Spoondick posted:

hobo hotel

will the homeless have access to the pool?

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Asproigerosis posted:

Trying to listen to people talking with masks on loving sucks. I'm constantly asking my coworkers to repeat stuff cause I can't hear them clearly. I'm old.

We'll develop better mask comms if we lockdown until vaccine like we need to

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Did you know that if you deliver enough care packages to hippies eventually you'll get a cone or two for a tip? Not going to lie it was maybe not the smartest thing to do trying to punch a cone after something like 15 years of not smoking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Yeah I'm definitely going out too much, like twice a week. Hawaii is lucky though because we really don't have that many cases and like 85% of them have been residents coming back from the mainland who seem to have been overall taking the quarantine seriously. We aren't actually better at anything, we are just very distant.