Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
get a juul you can quit any time

and i can walk uphill now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Grapplejack posted:

Pools closed, covid in the pool.

I wonder about the logistic of a hotel full of hobos. A hobo hotel.

Who clean the rooms? people from other country?

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Thump! posted:

How much should I be drinking when I pick my smoking back up to fight off the roni? Would a handle a day keep the plague doctor away?

I don’t think drinking is good for you at all. Plague cart bearers were historically amongst the most vulnerable to pathogen exposure in western history and they seem to have all been thieves, smokers, and alcoholics, just constantly puffing a pipe and totally trashed during their nightly labors. But the cause/effect here goes the other way, it was only the most destitute and fringe people in society who could volunteer for this job (when it was voluntary), so they were all already alcoholics and smokers anyway. No reason to think it helps

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
it wont make you cool tho

you have to have smoked cigs and built up residual cool

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
hey if u share a needle w/me in a week medically speaking as a doctor it would have a net beneficial effect to you

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

people wearing masks in public that have the little one way exhale valve seems kinda defeating when its supposed to be for preventing others from getting ur germs imo??? feels like public messaging about that could be better :shrug:

twoday
May 4, 2005

Stereotype posted:

The 1700s and 1800s were rife with horrible respiratory viruses from nasty pig-bat farms but then in the 1900s everyone started smoking heavily and the viruses were replaced with longer term respiratory issues like cancer and asthma but now oh no the respiratory viruses are coming back

shovelbum posted:

Holy poo poo

Stereotype posted:

It makes ten trillion times more sense than the 5G poo poo and like a million times more sense than "China just now started eating bats and pigs"

shovelbum posted:

Except Chinese men smoke like fuckin chimneys

Stereotype posted:

Yeah and look at china now (no more roni, fewer deaths total than we have in two days and soon daily)

shovelbum posted:

CHECKS OUT

Stereotype posted:

I'm going 100% hard into this "smoking defeats the roni" conspiracy. I'm never going to stop talking about it to everyone I know.

twoday posted:

what have I done

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
well now youre liable, all you did was gather evidence

you should have just sold a placebo and dazzled them w/bullshit

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Bulgakov posted:

people wearing masks in public that have the little one way exhale valve seems kinda defeating when its supposed to be for preventing others from getting ur germs imo??? feels like public messaging about that could be better :shrug:

i mean if they just loving said masks dont protect you they just stop your dumbass from coating the supermarket in roni would anyone listen?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

the united states is gonna bi-partisan declare hot, sweaty, stinky war on china there's really no better time to start a habit

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Steve Yun posted:

someone said chase banks are getting it now and Wells Fargo can expect it tomorrow morning

is this because Wells Fargo starts with a w

I have Wells Fargo and I got mine an hour ago, it might be a last name thing

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Still one of the most powerful videos

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/07/080724175857.htm
https://journal.chestnet.org/article/S0012-3692(13)60031-8/fulltext
https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news/media/releases/researchers_find_link_between_tobacco_use_and_viral_infection_that_causes_oral_cancers
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18627612/
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23276842/

Yet also

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3897646/

twoday has issued a correction as of 09:26 on Apr 15, 2020

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

the united states is gonna bi-partisan declare hot, sweaty, stinky war on china there's really no better time to start a habit

lol if you dont think joe biden will unilateraly declare war by calling them buncha wheeling dealing firework salesman

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I believe the words "rapidly evolving situation" is the save face way to say "what we say today can be seems wrong tomorrow, but that is to be expected".

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

you have inspired me

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Bulgakov posted:

im pretty sure i read that the n95 masks with exhale valves are about equivalent to a loose fitting surgical mask when it comes to stopping virus particles from flying out of ur piss gobbler. So its better than nothing, and at least the wearer will still be breathing filtered air.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

overmind2000 posted:

I have Wells Fargo and I got mine an hour ago, it might be a last name thing

It's going in order from lowest AGI to highest

kater
Nov 16, 2010

yeah gently caress u antimage

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
It is 100% obvious to every single beautiful expert that smoking cigarettes, in addition to being fatally cool, are also a proven and effective shield against the horrors of ChinaVirus-19. I'm not saying that you should start smoking, but you should definitely be free to choose to do it and *those liberals* want you to not smoke because they hate america

NoDamage
Dec 2, 2000

Bulgakov posted:

I mean, masks are scarce at this point. I happen to have a few of those that I bought a couple years ago when the wildfire smoke was blanketing the West coast. Is it less than ideal? Yeah. But it's what I have on hand...

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
people say cigarettes make you smell like poo poo, but not to yourself or other smokers, so why would i care what a bunch of terminally uncool people think

NotNut
Feb 4, 2020
are there any good face masks available online

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
daily reminder that prester jane was right

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

err posted:

daily reminder that prester jane was right

about what

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Rah! posted:

im pretty sure i read that the n95 masks with exhale valves are about equivalent to a loose fitting surgical mask when it comes to stopping virus particles from flying out of ur piss gobbler. So its better than nothing, and at least the wearer will still be breathing filtered air.

o ok cool that’s less bad

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/annanemtsova/status/1250323548104585217

how many times have we done the "covid-related initiative causes massive queues in confined spaces" bit by now

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Tei posted:

I believe the words "rapidly evolving situation" is the save face way to say "what we say today can be seems wrong tomorrow, but that is to be expected".

yeah it means we have no loving clue so we might as well try this

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

poty posted:

https://twitter.com/annanemtsova/status/1250323548104585217

how many times have we done the "covid-related initiative causes massive queues in confined spaces" bit by now

considering they raised the age of pensions or whatever, they clearly want to kill more boomers

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

china collapsing, other countries collapsing, bioweapons etc

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

poty
Jun 21, 2008

good job new zealand

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Tei posted:

I wonder about the logistic of a hotel full of hobos. A hobo hotel.

Who clean the rooms? people from other country?

That's generally who cleans them when they are occupied by non-hobos, so I would assume that remains the same.

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Thump! posted:

It's going in order from lowest AGI to highest

They did this so loving dumb. That means a bunch of deposits going out for like $100 and $50 or $10

I don’t care if some dude who makes $95000 gets a $1200 check if that meant everyone would have gotten them sooner. For all we know they could live in an area where their salary is like making 40k somewhere else and everyone is going to spend the money anyways

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Holy poo poo I got my trumpbux

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Danish PM visits a school. The Danish Health Authority is advising that children from confirmed COVID-19 households stay home, while teachers are advised the opposite. This is going to go well.

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

NotNut posted:

are there any good face masks available online

google fabric mask + nosewire, the 2-layer ones should be good enough for reasonable droplet protection

i know you can get goddamn, uuuhhh, koala ones on etsy

poty
Jun 21, 2008

i need a haircut badly

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

snoo posted:

changing my last name to AAAAAAAAAAAA so I always get everything first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coke
Jul 12, 2009
also nicotine patches give you vivid, wild dreams or nightmares

A++ would patch again

not sure if it was from here or something but i remember some poster secretly putting nicotine patches on their significant other while they sleep to get them addicted to nicotine overtime so they can join in on their habits