Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Hopper posted:

You don't have to read past the 16 hours sleep. No parent gets 8 hours of sleep unless their kids are teenagers or older and then the rest is bullshist because teenagers don't need 14hrs of attention, they'll just watch twitch or whatever.

But yeah 1.5h Körperpflege every day day? Wtf?

Yeah, just because it involves lotion does not mean it is suddenly Körperpflege.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Mithaldu posted:

38%-46% is a very small range and the whole thing smells of noise to me, but i'm just a programmer and i think Smirr might have strong opinions.

I definitely wouldn't accept that from a student without a whole lot of methodology to back it up. And in my field we play fast and lose with math.

Randler posted:

Yeah, just because it involves lotion does not mean it is suddenly Körperpflege.

Nice!

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Hopper posted:

But yeah 1.5h Körperpflege every day day? Wtf?

That's for two parents, so 45 min per person.

I don't know how she comes up with the number though. Takes 6 min to shower. Devided by 7 that's only 51sec per day and you don't really have to shower so often, if push comes to shove.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Ika posted:

Umm, does anyone else have issues with this fit

Was nicht passt wird passend gemacht. :haw:

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Ika posted:

Umm, does anyone else have issues with this fit (and the corresponding result that with >50% working from home jobs people will turn into zombies). Cause it seems really really bad, a couple of outliers on the left really screw with the LS fit.

]

Ah yes, a fit from the Electron Band Structure In Germanium, My rear end school. Big fan.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Exactly. Back at college we always referenced an infamous paper about the neutrinoless double beta decay with similar fits, but I can't find it offhand.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Randler posted:

:lol:

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Ika posted:

Umm, does anyone else have issues with this fit (and the corresponding result that with >50% working from home jobs people will turn into zombies). Cause it seems really really bad, a couple of outliers on the left really screw with the LS fit.

]

Yeah, that's entirely driven by the two outliers top left. I think there are formal tests that some people do to tell them "yep, these outliers are driving your whole regression" but I wouldn't know how to do them, since usually you can just use your eyes to check that you're looking at a horseshit regression.

Besides the small range of the x-axis mentioned by Mithaldu, there's also the fact that a range of ~1-10 cases per 100.000 means that you're looking at something that, all things considered, is quite rare - and still spans an order of magnitude. So the dependent variable is noisy as hell.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Fahrradfahrer in München 2020: Kein Helm aber Mundschutz

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Don't use all the Helme save them for construction workers!

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Hopper posted:

This is Europe, not the US, when has anybody ever been sued and properly punished for something that wasn't a criminal activity?

Edit: Pack it in folks, pandemic is over. TP in massive stocks in the supermarket again and ...excuse me I need to squeeze past here instead of going around you... distancing doesn't seem to matter any more. The people have decided, this poo poo is over.

Seriously I just went shopping and it was a shitshow.
2 more weeks.

I'm in south-west Munich and my experience in supermarkets has been the same since last weekend. Social distancing, what social distancing? Let's have little Stammtisch in the middle of the meat aisle and discuss what a burden all these restrictions are, but Söder is doing such a good job.

I think there's going to be a bounce in infections shortly.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
The police here made a formal statement how impressed they were with the willingness of the population to keep the distance. And I still haven't had anyone walk in my bubble in a shop, so I guess those are just Bayernproblems.

It is kinda sad, that we had to skip the Kirschblütenfest, but people also accepted that, when those streets were closed.

Personally I feel a bit sickly lately. But since I am sneezing from time to time, I guess I just hung out outside to much lately and caught some bad wind. Sneezing is explicitly not a corona symptom, right?

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Congrats on finding out that you're eligible to join the gently caress Birches club

Btw I was just shopping and the only one to cover my mouth, but I'm not about to post in the Schlandthread about it

Whoops

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Simply Simon posted:

Congrats on finding out that you're eligible to join the gently caress Birches club

Btw I was just shopping and the only one to cover my mouth, but I'm not about to post in the Schlandthread about it

Whoops

Huh. You might be right, actually. Maybe I did develop some sort of allergy at some point. I did an allergy test about 10 years ago and it was absolutely clean. Obviously, this meant that I am immune to allergies forever.

I will probably do a new test sometimes in the next few years.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Farting is a good instrument to explain social distancing to people who don't really get it. A single bad fart can smell up a room within seconds. It can effortlessly move 10m at the speed of a slow cheetah and enter your orifices. And while you are inside a room you are basically constantly farting out of your mouth 20 times a minute.

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

cant cook creole bream posted:

Also, at the risk of sounding dismissive of the plight of parents, 14 uninterupted hours of watching a child each day seems excessive. Do these kids only get 2 waking hours without their parents continously staring at them? Surely, during that time there would be a moment to take out your phone and check your corona news.

If your kid is a toddler (like mine) then you do have to watch them essentially constantly. Of course, they also sleep more and if you have a partner (like me) you can also let them do some of the watching so that you can work or shitpost on SA or whatever. For my girlfriend and me, it works out ok since we can do our white collar jobs from home reasonably well while the other one takes care of the kid.

If you're a single parent or can't do home office and have a kid, you're totally hosed though. If you consider these situations then that lady has a point even though her calculation is hella dumb.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

cant cook creole bream posted:

Huh. You might be right, actually. Maybe I did develop some sort of allergy at some point. I did an allergy test about 10 years ago and it was absolutely clean. Obviously, this meant that I am immune to allergies forever.

I will probably do a new test sometimes in the next few years.

I thought I didn’t have any allergies and then developed a Milbenallergie and a Gräserallergie over the course of a couple years. Symptoms (for the Gräser/Pollen thing) are mild for me: itchy throat, quad- to quintuple sneezes. If you can brave a visit to a doctor they might be able to prescribe you an antiallergic which might help. Maybe there’s over the counter stuff too, but I dunno how good that works. Used to be the good stuff made you drowsy but what I got last year didn’t.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Afriscipio posted:

I'm in south-west Munich and my experience in supermarkets has been the same since last weekend. Social distancing, what social distancing? Let's have little Stammtisch in the middle of the meat aisle and discuss what a burden all these restrictions are, but Söder is doing such a good job.

I think there's going to be a bounce in infections shortly.

Somewhat similar observation from me im Osten des Innenraums. Behavior in the Lidls/Aldis in Perlach/Ramersdorf/Berg am Laim is generally much more cautious or conscious of the current situation.

When you go out further into the white-people-boondocks, that poo poo starts going out the window.

I propose that "echter Status" be removed from those that give the least of shits regarding the health and safety of their Mitmenschen and instead be "bestowed upon" (kinda redundant) those that do.

I fully assume the AfD or CSU may not co-sign this proposal.

Also, Großveranstaltungen are verboten until September, anyone else :f5:-ing the stream of Muttis Press conference?

https://youtu.be/EaY4rOA9B4k

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Somewhat similar observation from me im Osten des Innenraums. Behavior in the Lidls/Aldis in Perlach/Ramersdorf/Berg am Laim is generally much more cautious or conscious of the current situation.

When you go out further into the white-people-boondocks, that poo poo starts going out the window.

I propose that "echter Status" be removed from those that give the least of shits regarding the health and safety of their Mitmenschen and instead be "bestowed upon" (kinda redundant) those that do.

I fully assume the AfD or CSU may not co-sign this proposal.

Also, Großveranstaltungen are verboten until September, anyone else :f5:-ing the stream of Muttis Press conference?

Now this is the Leitkultur i want to see.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Also for those who dunno where to watch the soon-to-be merkel stream, this look ok? Or are there better ones?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki5vx3jEvJI

Edit:

heh, BR

Mithaldu fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Apr 15, 2020

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

GABA ghoul posted:

Farting is a good instrument to explain social distancing to people who don't really get it. A single bad fart can smell up a room within seconds. It can effortlessly move 10m at the speed of a slow cheetah and enter your orifices. And while you are inside a room you are basically constantly farting out of your mouth 20 times a minute.

And now imagine ten people farting 20 times a minute inside an elevator.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Mithaldu posted:

Also for those who dunno where to watch the soon-to-be merkel stream, this look ok? Or are there better ones?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki5vx3jEvJI

Edit:

heh, BR

Hey, last time I posted a YouTube link to a WELT-video, I got shat on for being a Springer-pawn or something, so I chose the next best link with like three-and-a-half live viewers, your stream is being paid by my GEZ :mad:

/edit:
Also, I'm digging the "Corona Lockerungen?"-title.
I'd enjoy if Mutti shows up, goes "lol, no", lights a blunt and peaces out.

/edit:
I'm also quite enjoying these orga-goons pacing in front of the podium with a "why are you looking at us like we're responsible for this poo poo still not being underway?"-demeanor.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Apr 15, 2020

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Einbauschrank posted:

And now imagine ten people farting 20 times a minute inside an elevator.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Hey, last time I posted a YouTube link to a WELT-video, I got shat on for being a Springer-pawn or something, so I chose the next best link with like three-and-a-half live viewers, your stream is being paid by my GEZ :mad:
Just in case, my heh is entirely unjudgemental, my first link for this was also welt, and then i found the tagesschau thing, because youtube's search algorithm is complete trash.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

/edit:
Also, I'm digging the "Corona Lockerungen?"-title.
I'd enjoy if Mutti shows up, goes "lol, no", lights a blunt and peaces out.
I pray for Mutti walking in, sitting down, going "*cough* Nein." and walking out again.

Mithaldu fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Apr 15, 2020

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

/edit:
I'm also quite enjoying these orga-goons pacing in front of the podium with a "why are you looking at us like we're responsible for this poo poo still not being underway?"-demeanor.
The preceeding press conference very explicitly and clearly said the talks Mutti are gonna have have "no deadline whatsoever". We could literally be waiting for hours.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Mithaldu posted:

The preceeding press conference very explicitly and clearly said the talks Mutti are gonna have have "no deadline whatsoever". We could literally be waiting for hours.

Yeah, I watched the CORONA KABINETT briefing earlier, and the guy specifically mentioned that "the Mühls of the Gremium will mahl to completion, and if you're not content with not having a time for the press conference to start, here's a fork to commence dining upon mein Arschloch".

In times where vitriolic disdain for news media questions is almost entirely exhibited by the orange hate mango and condemned by all (with good reason), that lifted my German heart a bit.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Double-posting, because Wiesnwirte are currently probably letting out 30% of their 5-week-held-breath, thinking that they may be in the clear to go ahead with Oktoberfest, but if you ask my uninformed rear end, hosting the largest mass-convergence of people the country has, with considerable parts being of international origin, is a terrible idea.

OH poo poo, MUTT IST DA

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

mutti is buffering

MUTTI SAYS WEAR MASKS

Mithaldu fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Apr 15, 2020

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

"Die Kirchen haben viel Fantasie bewiesen" lmao

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Double-posting, because Wiesnwirte are currently probably letting out 30% of their 5-week-held-breath, thinking that they may be in the clear to go ahead with Oktoberfest, but if you ask my uninformed rear end, hosting the largest mass-convergence of people the country has, with considerable parts being of international origin, is a terrible idea.

OH poo poo, MUTT IST DA

Yeah that is not happening. There is a scientifically proven spike in illness in Bavaria after Wiesn every year, if they actually did go through with it, Wuhan would be dwarfed by the massive explosion of corona cases in Bavaria.
There is no way a gathering of that size paired with mass alcohol consumption can be held this year without basically committing mass murder.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Smirr posted:

To be fair I never expected drive-in churches to catch on.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hopper posted:

Yeah that is not happening. There is a scientifically proven spike in illness in Bavaria after Wiesn every year, if they actually did go through with it, Wuhan would be dwarfed by the massive explosion of corona cases in Bavaria.
There is no way a gathering of that size paired with mass alcohol consumption can be held this year without basically committing mass murder.

One can only hope. :pray:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Smirr posted:

Wenn die Empirie einem schon nichts gibt, dann bleibt denen ja auch nichts anderes übrig. :shrug:

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Antigravitas posted:

Check your state, but over here in SH you can do all the Ausflugs you want as long as you don't do them with other people not living in your household.

My Schwager was sent home on his Motorrad when he took a tour through Schleswig Holstein with HH Kennzeichen this weekend.

We also have a big fuckoff sign on the Autobahnkreuz A7/A1 saying Schleswig Holstein für Touristen gesperrt (Ausrufezeichen) so I think taking a bike tour across the Ländergrenze counts as tourism.

Combat Theory fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Apr 15, 2020

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Zwille posted:

I thought I didn’t have any allergies and then developed a Milbenallergie and a Gräserallergie over the course of a couple years. Symptoms (for the Gräser/Pollen thing) are mild for me: itchy throat, quad- to quintuple sneezes. If you can brave a visit to a doctor they might be able to prescribe you an antiallergic which might help. Maybe there’s over the counter stuff too, but I dunno how good that works. Used to be the good stuff made you drowsy but what I got last year didn’t.
It also makes a big difference where you live. I had mild allergies for quite some time, but after I moved it got a lot worse (Allergies against pretty much all trees, grasses and Milben). Turns out having the Autobahn 30m one direction, train tracks 50m the other direction, and Thyssen Krupp 200m away was not very helpful. Since moving again to the outskirts of the city its gotten a lot better.

I have thought about doing a Hyposensibiliserung, but since it has gotten so much better I've put it off for now.

If it gets particularly bad, I take a Cetirizin pill once or twice a day (after getting up and before going to bed). It costs almost nothing and is rezeptfrei, but - at least for me - is very effective at suppressing the symptoms.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/faIIingcurIs/status/1250510445947097089

https://twitter.com/faIIingcurIs/status/1250510448371302417

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

Smirr posted:

It completely rules how many people pretty openly hate their children and don't actually want to be around them for any substantial time, and their takeaway is not "wow, the people that I foist my brats on are braver than the troops and criminally underpaid", it's "I should get their money for the time being", lol. Sure, there are all sorts of interesting economic ramifications here too, but I'll stick with "eat poo poo, childhavers"

I came a bit late to the conversation, but I wanted to share my experience on this (at home with my 3 and 1 year old kids). I cannot complain: we have sufficient space, we can easily go out for walks, and my wife hasn't started her new job yet. It's actually quite enjoyable most of the time. For example, it's been great for developing the kids' native languages other than German.

Unfortunately, slightly older kids suffer a lot because they are confined to small apartments, and they are a bit older and so they actually suffer for being apart from their friends. It can really suck.

Older kids need to be home schooled. This sucks for kids which have poor or less educated parents, and increases the gulf between the Akademiker parents who can do nice home office jobs and those without means or who have to work. 3-4 months of this poo poo and you can probably see some kids' grades tank and thus their future possibilities shrink.

Also, pretending that two people can work full time jobs AND take care of young kids is a complete fantasy. You cannot do real work for more than 10 minutes and watch over kids, in particular if you have a single child.
The families I know have one parent working in the morning, the other in the afternoon, and then they have to compensate during the night or the weekend. They end up exhausted and do not achieve anything close to the 8 hours of required work. Some families start fudging the confinement and use babysitters.

One big issue are meals, kids can really be taxing in this regard. One has to be cooking or at least preparing meals of some kind all the time which are not complete junk and which the kids will accept. This takes time and energy.

I had the luck that my wife only starts working in the beginning of May, it still is perfectly manageable, but already tiring. I don't know how it will be.

I absolutely value the work of the Erzieherinnen, and would gladly pay more out of my pocket monthly such that they get better compensation (also the state should pay more). I also think that parents should have the right to go into Kurzarbeit if they wish to instead of pretending to work for 8 hours.

Even if you don't sympathize with "childhavers", it is definitely not a nice situation to go through.

Edit: re working with children. I managed here and there to work a bit while taking care of the two children, I have this trick in which I give a keyboard to my 3 year old and invite her to "work" with me. She's pretty happy about it and has some fun because she feels included (at least for 15 minutes at a time).

AndreTheGiantBoned fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Apr 15, 2020

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Combat Theory posted:

My Schwager was sent home on his Motorrad when he took a tour through Schleswig Holstein with HH Kennzeichen this weekend.

We also have a big fuckoff sign on the Autobahnkreuz A7/A1 saying Schleswig Holstein für Touristen gesperrt (Ausrufezeichen) so I think taking a bike tour across the Ländergrenze counts as tourism.

Well yes, Norddeutschland den Norddeutschen. :colbert:

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

Smirr posted:

It completely rules how many people pretty openly hate their children and don't actually want to be around them for any substantial time, and their takeaway is not "wow, the people that I foist my brats on are braver than the troops and criminally underpaid", it's "I should get their money for the time being", lol. Sure, there are all sorts of interesting economic ramifications here too, but I'll stick with "eat poo poo, childhavers"

I could tell you in excruciating detail why this is one of the dumbest takes I have read on this forum but the fact that oliwan is agreeing with you already says more than enough. Still, let me point out that most parents do not hate their kids. Rather, the issue for them (like my girlfriend and me) is that it's just not possible to work full time and take good care of your kid at the same time but this seems to be expected of them by idiots as yourself. Luckily, my boss knows this so he's mostly fine with me not doing as much currently, but if I had a shithead like you as a boss I'd be hosed I guess. I'd tell you to eat poo poo, but you already live in Köln.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

KonvexKonkav posted:

it's just not possible to work full time and take good care of your kid at the same time
good avatar/post combo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
They showed a mom on Tagesschau or the extra programming that followed (which they sadly haven't called Corona Extra but instead Tagesschau Extra: Corona-Krise I think), anyway, the mom was a single one, two kids 2-3 years old I think and she's working for some company on studies and poo poo. She regularly misses meetings while working from home and looking after the kids is so taxing she keeps loving up cooking food. Like she'll stir for ten minutes and then realise she forgot to turn the Herd on, and then one time she started cooking a meal or something only to realise she already had something in the oven which was almost done. I can only imagine what a number juggling job and kids does on people.

The government should go ahead and pay people Elterngeld/allow them to take Elternzeit for the duration of Corona IMO. But yeah, let's reopen.