Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

walking sped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

Indiana is also a great lakes state, we have lots of food too!

Unfortunately it's all Hot Pockets and White Castle sliders

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Also for real I'm probably just gonna save it because my girlfriend still doesnt have a real job and it wont be as funny in three months when no more checks arrive and I've been laid off and my bullshit job stops existing because even the large companies are bleeding money

Its gonna suck if I use it to pay rent and die from covid a week later though

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

slave to my cravings posted:

not trying to start an argument or whatever but is it peaceable assembly if it’s a threat to public health/safety?

The original text said "The people shall not be restrained from peaceably assembling and consulting for their common good", but like a lot of the amendments it got whittled down to the shortest, vaguest version possible. Which isn't a great starting point when it comes to legal interpretation.

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

Wolfsheim posted:

Thread, help! I just got my trumpbux and was gonna buy FFVII remake with it but now that its been out and I've gotten over the hype train I no longer feel compelled to play it and am struggling to remember why I was so hyped in the first place in the face of the ennui of pandemic life

~real goons with real problems~

The game stands on it's own pretty well, frankly. Just read the Elentor LP f you want to.

I've been doing what I can, making face shields, using family and business connections to put together people who normally don't do business (paint mixing company, distillery supplier) to start making hand sanitizer with modest retooling of the mixers, and other poo poo as well. Get in the pit and commit to some praxis, it feels good.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Wisconsin provides the drunks, we provide the drunk food, everybody benefits!

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

gonna spend my TrumpBux on a BIG SCARY RIFLE! and then mourn as I'll have no place to shoot it for months and months to come!

j/k, probably it'll be a revolver, wheelgun go spiiiiiiiiin

Should I go for a shrouded hammer or hammerless model?

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Marzzle posted:

are there switch shortages???

i haven't seen anywhere to order a new one online, they are all sold out or marked up to $500 or more

i even checked walmart when i had to pick up a prescription and they were bare

basically the perfect storm of supply chains being stressed by essential goods at the exact same time a major release dropped as far as i can tell

once somewhere runs out, the speculators come looking for a quick buck, so now its a hot item until supplies start showing up and staying in stock consistently

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

BeefThief posted:

where the gently caress is my loving MONEY

My married-filing-separately spouse got her funbux but the IRS can't confirm my eligibility (luv to get "generic-response" url) and provides no followup on how to go about rectifying the situation. They managed to take money out of my account last year just fine.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Real loving good cat right there

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

BgRdMchne posted:

I'm no expert or anything but unless you plan on carrying, a hammer double action is a much more fun gun to shoot. Shrouded may be a good compromise

only pistol I own atm is a CZ-75 Compact that I cherish, never met a striker fired I liked

a_pineapple
Dec 23, 2005

"If BLM protestors are gonna block traffic, they deserve to get hit." -Every chud in this video 3 years ago

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1250471190742945792

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

my brother-in-law who currently lives on his own doesn't get a stimulus because his parents claimed him as a dependent

lol thanks dems

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

more like walking lead (brains)

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
read this good COVID-19 blog i found u nerds

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

The Dutch prime Minister is giving a speech in front of a background that says "only together we will get Corona under control" but the way the shot is framed today pretty much the only part you can see is the part that says "together we will get Corona," written over and over behind his face

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

Epic High Five posted:

gonna spend my TrumpBux on a BIG SCARY RIFLE! and then mourn as I'll have no place to shoot it for months and months to come!

j/k, probably it'll be a revolver, wheelgun go spiiiiiiiiin

I really want a metal framed Kahr, like a T9 or K9. I probably won’t get one though. I already have an 870 that I’ve used for sporting clays since boy scouts. I might buy a 20” smooth bore barrel with rifle sights for it and call it a day.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

extremely stoked for death cultists taking over the news cycle

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i feel like i would take the "reopen NOW" protesters more seriously if i didn't just think they'd be there protesting SOMETHING anyway. like suddenly the nutcases that are always out there are getting coverage.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

twoday posted:

The Dutch prime Minister is giving a speech in front of a background that says "only together we will get Corona under control" but the way the shot is framed today pretty much the only part you can see is the part that says "together we will get Corona," written over and over behind his face

lol

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

The cool thing about property taxes is that you always have the assets to pay them.

not in lovely dying towns, houses in south suburban cook county are worth less than the yearly ptax on them

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Admiral Ray posted:

read this good COVID-19 blog i found u nerds

I read the latest entry and some of the second-latest entry, and this jumps out at me:

quote:

The take-home message on Covid19 immunity is pretty clear, and hopeful: while immunity to MERS and SARS coronaviruses may not last decades or be lifelong, immunity to SARS and MERS develops quickly during the acute illness, is robust, and persists for months to years in recovered patients.

Covid19 immunity is very likely to be the same. As a result:

1. People who recover from Covid19 infection are likely to have long-term immunity (although we will have to watch closely in people who recover from mild cases of Covid19).

2. An effective Covid19 vaccine that induces neutralizing antibodies should provide long-term protection, although booster shots may be necessary.

I thought the conversation was that corona immunity was short-lived? This is the first time I've seen someone saying that an immunity is likely to last "months to years".

Anyway, the blog is full of good info so I added it to the OP.

Apr 7, 2003

mastershakeman posted:

not in lovely dying towns, houses in south suburban cook county are worth less than the yearly ptax on them

I like towns that don't collapse

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

if you feel ill you have a revolutionary responsibility to attend one of these protests imo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/jessemckinley/status/1250471710182301696

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Why are you posting a month old tweet

oh

OH....

ohhh.........

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

pls don't shittalk white castle sliders tyvm

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

SKULL.GIF posted:

I read the latest entry and some of the second-latest entry, and this jumps out at me:

I thought the conversation was that corona immunity was short-lived? This is the first time I've seen someone saying that an immunity is likely to last "months to years".

Anyway, the blog is full of good info so I added it to the OP.

Short lived in the sense of lifetime immunity, like our immunity to Chicken Pox or similar. The issue is that, for whatever reason, some substantial number of people (maybe 30% if this reporting can be verified) may not produce the amount of antibodies necessary to provide that immunity, or may only produce them for a short period of time.

edit: Also, Rodriguez (the author of that blog), is speculating based on information we have for SARS and MERS. While a pretty safe speculation to make since they are both closely related coronaviruses, it could still be overturned by the actual data on this virus.

Admiral Ray has issued a correction as of 18:24 on Apr 15, 2020

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

BgRdMchne posted:

ehf is right, unless you plan to concealed carry you should look at full size revolvers with exposed hammers. Ruger and S&W still make good options. a snubnose hammerless 38 is a neat gun but not a ton of fun to shoot.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

I like towns that don't collapse

a lot of them functionally already have. a place called harvey, IL had a court start seizing part of its tax revenue to pay into the pensions since the town was refusing to pay a single cent into the pension funds, and this crisis means theyre probably entirely out of funds. im expecting a wave of small town collapses after the next property tax deadline when people flat out dont pay the taxes, and the towns will have zero cash for payroll before they can auction the houses off and get through the redemption period

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

What constitutes a "busy street"

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

NY has 752 deaths and its 1pm. yesterday it had 778 in total.

Apr 7, 2003

mastershakeman posted:

a lot of them functionally already have. a place called harvey, IL had a court start seizing part of its tax revenue to pay into the pensions since the town was refusing to pay a single cent into the pension funds, and this crisis means theyre probably entirely out of funds. im expecting a wave of small town collapses after the next property tax deadline when people flat out dont pay the taxes, and the towns will have zero cash for payroll before they can auction the houses off and get through the redemption period

I've got to wonder how many people in places like Harvey spend their time hollering about how Chicago is sucking them dry.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

this poo poo is so infuriating. my town just put out a simiilar advisory, but if you're still walking around the neighborhood no need for a mask. it's such bullshit to have ridiculous discretion for people to be like well, is this sidewalk actually busy? eh gently caress it no it isnt why bother

it needs to be straight up when leaving your property you wear a mask, no ifs ands or buts

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
someone just had one of those "parades" for someone on my street of dozens of cars driving up and down laying on their horns

very cool and not annoying at all

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

NY has 752 deaths and its 1pm. yesterday it had 778 in total.
that seems somewhat suboptimal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Bearjew posted:

ehf is right, unless you plan to concealed carry you should look at full size revolvers with exposed hammers. Ruger and S&W still make good options. a snubnose hammerless 38 is a neat gun but not a ton of fun to shoot.

"not a ton of fun to shoot" is being generous here