Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Ebola Roulette posted:

So why don't chuds like Fauci? Why do they want him fired?

Is it literally because he doesn't think we should sacrifice ourselves for number and they think that's unamerican?

They're mad that Applebees is closed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

Fellatio del Toro posted:

started getting a very minor dry cough yesterday, nothing too concerning

just now drinking a soda and it tastes like nothing

currently running around smelling and tasting everything like a baby

- coconut soap: can't smell at all
- cat litter boxes: can barely smell
- another soda from a different box: nothing

well it's been fun posting with you all, see you on the other side

hang in there fellatio

aleve and mucinex buddy

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

What if it says it was deposited in a bank account that is closed? Assume I'll get a paper check and can cash that?

Too early to tell, ask me again in 4-8 weeks. Your goblin bankers might be able to answer that better than I.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1250477451307823106
Pretty cool to see the exact thing that's going to destroy Middle America.

lmao america is so loving stupid

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

They're mad that Applebees is close.

I figure Chuds would prefer TGI Fridays

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
stealing this for the common good

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
Middle America culture warring themselves to death is :discourse:

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Ebola Roulette posted:

Is it literally because he doesn't think we should sacrifice ourselves for number and they think that's unamerican?

Everything, everything Trumo says is the absolute divine truth, and if you disagree it is only because you hate him personally

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

mastershakeman posted:

the beginning of it wasnt, it was just general rage at all politicians , but it got coopted quickly by billionaires yeah

i was at some of the early protests in spring 09 doing signature gathering and people were screaming republicans shouldnt be allowed to talk because they were just as complicit in the economy cratering as whatever obama had done in the past 4 months

this isn't really honest though. a huge portion of the "rage at politicians" was really rage about social changes to the left, humiliation of the right due to the implosion of GWB, and then adopting the tea party label dodge any responsibility for supporting the right in the past. it's not shocking that tea party right and religious right overlapped

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

slave to my cravings posted:

not trying to start an argument or whatever but is it peaceable assembly if it’s a threat to public health/safety?

if you let them restrict peaceable assembly you end up with free speech zones at best
better to be a maximalist about it imo

Nurse Fanny
Aug 14, 2007

poty posted:

how would the curve of deaths go to zero all of a sudden? many people dying today got sick 2 or 3 weeks ago

because people are loving stupid

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Too bad weed doesn't apply

spliffs tho

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Middle America culture warring themselves to death is :discourse:

considering the death rate among older people with some combination of high blood pressure, diabetes and heart/lung conditions, chuds are the LAST group that should be out loving around

good on them for not being afraid of actual mortal danger

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

Lol 5G is the miasma theory of the 21st century

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

AND fast-tracked an increase of the penalty for covering your face in public to a maximum of a year in prison, as a direct response to the pandemic. :suicide:

PM back to school photo op:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Ebola Roulette posted:

anyone who seems remotely establishment and doesnt immediately fall in line and kiss rear end must be a Hilary lover deep state obama appointee

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
If our payment ever posts we might spend some of our trumpbucks on a USP .45, but in our case shooting at cans out of boredom is one thing we definitely can do to pass the time. And lots of neighbors are, for sure.

I support lunatics maliciously destroying the property of US cellular companies, even if their understanding of RNA and radio waves is lacking

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

NofrikinfuN posted:

considering the death rate among older people with some combination of high blood pressure, diabetes and heart/lung conditions, chuds are the LAST group that should be out loving around

good on them for not being afraid of actual mortal danger

it's not that they aren't afraid of danger, it's cultural. experts are socially liberal, think chuds are stupid, and lecture them about their behavior, thus experts are bad. these are the people that nominated "I'm not at witch"

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
If Bill Gates was Jewish there'd be a straight up chud putsch.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Jesus. 86% of people put on ventilators for COVID19 world wide die.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

So much evil poo poo going on in the world and people are almost literally tilting at windmills instead.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

It genuinely is more complicated. I highly recommend Bob Altemeyer's The Authoritarians, available at his site. It's free, and it is based on research.

Most goons are big ol' nerds in one way or another; we value facts and argue about facts and bring (frequently irrelevant or erroneous) citations to argue about facts.

This is not what motivates authoritarians. Authoritarians value (guess) authority; they want a strong leader who makes strong decisions and imposes hierarchy. A fact that a nerd thinks will discredit an authority actually, in the viewpoint of authoritarians, discredits the fact. You can bring a zillion citations about numbers of deaths to an authoritarian, and if the authority (not necessarily Trump; can also be a preacher, or Fox News, or whatever) is denying those facts, it genuinely doesn't matter.

Fauci is contradicting Trump in public. Trump has already retweeted #FireFauci. The authority has spoken, and therefore Fauci is wrong.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

I'm just happy to see people taking some initiative

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
it's a troll, but it's one that's going to be parroted sincerely for the next millennium
https://twitter.com/revrrlewis/status/1250395628305362944

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
https://twitter.com/AuthorAlisa/status/1250442115382829056

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1250470464163635202

They don't make TP, but make about every other type of paper including stuff used in food packaging and paper for books.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Finally got our trumo bux today so I can restock on weed. Also thinking about purchasing some lumber and building a few raised garden beds out back. What beans grow best under the shade of trees?

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

drat I'm just so triggered with them all out there grouped up like that... gosh they might get sick...

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

Kibbles n Shits posted:

Finally got our trumo bux today so I can restock on weed. Also thinking about purchasing some lumber and building a few raised garden beds out back. What beans grow best under the shade of trees?

... human beans

no i have no idea

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
tbh thteres a huge thing of raspberries growing on the side of the hill my gardening this yr is just waiting fir them to raspberry out and picking them

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Kibbles n Shits posted:

signed up for my bux and I’m gonna do the same, get another $200 worth of weed. I have several months stashed but I’m terrified I’ll lose my guy and not have anything because illegal state

I wonder if there is a German word for having more weed than you’ve ever had before but not feeling good about it because it’s an emergency stash

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Arsenic Lupin posted:

It genuinely is more complicated. I highly recommend Bob Altemeyer's The Authoritarians, available at his site. It's free, and it is based on research.

This book explains everything stupid in the world better than anything else I've ever found.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

We deserve it.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

seattle plague rat posted:

tbh thteres a huge thing of raspberries growing on the side of the hill my gardening this yr is just waiting fir them to raspberry out and picking them

We have a couple of big mulberry trees that produce like crazy!

We were going to plant various berries last year but never got around to it unfortunately

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
it’s super cool that if liberals don’t like the deadly pandemic virus conservatives feel an obligation to be wildly supportive of the virus.

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

brugroffil posted:

We have a couple of big mulberry trees that produce like crazy!

We were going to plant various berries last year but never got around to it unfortunately

yah these are underrated and way easier to harvest than wading through a thornbush

foraging gonna get more popular

samuel thayer is the guy to know

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Stereotype posted:

it’s super cool that if liberals don’t like the deadly pandemic virus conservatives feel an obligation to be wildly supportive of the virus.

And here I was thinking there would need to be someone telling them bleach+ammonia makes healing fumes that kill the virus and someone very libbishly saying that doesn't work

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Most goons are big ol' nerds in one way or another; we value facts and argue about facts and bring (frequently irrelevant or erroneous) citations to argue about facts.

This is not what motivates authoritarians. Authoritarians value (guess) authority; they want a strong leader who makes strong decisions and imposes hierarchy. A fact that a nerd thinks will discredit an authority actually, in the viewpoint of authoritarians, discredits the fact. You can bring a zillion citations about numbers of deaths to an authoritarian, and if the authority (not necessarily Trump; can also be a preacher, or Fox News, or whatever) is denying those facts, it genuinely doesn't matter.

Fauci is contradicting Trump in public. Trump has already retweeted #FireFauci. The authority has spoken, and therefore Fauci is wrong.

libs are just as dumb and authoritarian

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

BardoTheConsumer posted:

I'm getting a very minor cough but it also has the large amounts of slightly bloody nasal phlegm I associate with my normal allergies so I'm pretty sure it ain't the Rona.

Yet.

do less cocaine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Epic High Five posted:

do less cocaine

No