Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Kibbles n Shits posted:

Finally got our trumo bux today so I can restock on weed. Also thinking about purchasing some lumber and building a few raised garden beds out back. What beans grow best under the shade of trees?

I made a gardening thread and some of the people there seem to actually know about plants, you can ask them

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3919963

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Epic High Five posted:

when you're already so rich that no laws apply to you, why bother to adapt at all?
yeah, exactly, the last thing trump seems to have learned is "fail BIG". on his election day the only thing he was angry about is he didn't charge ENOUGH. even his price is chump loving change.
remember when "helicopter parenting" was a thing and chuds screamed that not being allowed to fail would turn children into wimps who couldn't face the real world while liberals argues that putting so much constant pressure would result in an emotionally stunted adult full of outbursts and low self esteem?
turns out they were both right because the world helicopter parented trump and the results are right in front of us.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

actionjackson posted:

I'm a white male in a STEM job who is still fully employed. I shouldn't get trumpbux but I just got them and this new floor isn't going to pay for itself

means testing is dumb bullshit so everyone should get a check

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Milosh posted:

He’s from northern Kentucky I’m assuming.

Source: central Kentucky liberal goon repping ITT.

Yep, also a house that requires a tractor.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

brugroffil posted:

means testing is dumb bullshit so everyone should get a check

yes

If I say the money is for my greyhound Abby's recent ~$1k dental I feel better :p

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

actionjackson posted:

yes

If I say the money is for my greyhound Abby's recent ~$1k dental I feel better :p

i have a broke rear end friend who it's going straight to on the dl but you do you

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Hm I ain't get any trumpbux I assume some other people still haven't?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Stefan Prodan posted:

no it's just u

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

so roving gangs of chuds are our new normal

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

magiccarpet posted:

Yeah but not for long lmao

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

is there a q conspiracy about how q is a conspiracy to brainwash chuds so that they would be willing to cull themselves in the dumbest way possible

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

magiccarpet posted:

The apocalypse always needs minor villains to serve as generic mobs. You knew that already though.

Marlow
Jan 11, 2007

Foreign dokaebi

magiccarpet posted:

April 2020 in Ohio vs November 2010 in Georgia

Marlow has issued a correction as of 20:57 on Apr 15, 2020

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

It's incredible how much stupid poo poo can crammed into the top of a web page

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

magiccarpet posted:

so 'roni gangs of chuds are our new normal

FTFY

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Stefan Prodan posted:

actually I got your trumbux

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
A good companion piece on the Authoritarian thing is Paul Valery's "Wisdom of the Orient".

It's incredibly racist, like everything European, but he does a good job elucidating the failures of rationalism and romanticism as expressed by Europe right up through the French revolution, the Napoleonic wars, etc. Everyone forgot the limits of rationalism and technocracy and the lessons we learned after they failed in WW1 and WW2, so we're charging headlong into another crisis with two parties who are slaves to authority with dems being slavishly devoted to 'competency' and a single self-evident moral political programme.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

InsertPotPun posted:

i have a broke rear end friend who it's going straight to on the dl but you do you

it's more like "you do your dog"

wait not like that

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
okay the dog guy and mr gay for pay can come over but youre splitting a gram and i want to see both of you cry

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
inshallah

https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1250476771688026112

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

seattle plague rat posted:

nobody likes sex workers they always hog the blow

but they also blow the hog :wink:

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

He's probably lying

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

actionjackson posted:

I'm a biostatistician but horny is prohibited so I'm not sure what to do here
Oooh! So that person's reasoning is correct? That's good to know.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1250492295868186625?s=20

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Marzzle posted:

the trump admin is on uppers not downers how dare you disrespect the office of whatever the gently caress kellyanne conway is now

she's low on adrenochrome, Q was right about the 'vid loving with the supply

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

it seems my girlfriend, who needs the check by an order of magnitude more than me, will get nothing. this whole poo poo show is dispiriting even in the context of American politics

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Frog Act posted:

it seems my girlfriend, who needs the check by an order of magnitude more than me, will get nothing. this whole poo poo show is dispiriting even in the context of American politics

?

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Frog Act posted:

signed up for my bux and I’m gonna do the same, get another $200 worth of weed. I have several months stashed but I’m terrified I’ll lose my guy and not have anything because illegal state

legal state here (VT) w/no legal retail and what I am hearing is that supply lines are all kinds of hosed up. I have already left bags of pot out for a couple people in need.

I don't think we have any other VT potheads that I am aware of but if I'm wrong and if you end up totally hosed, hit me up, I will help out as the state law and my lifestyle allow

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

she didn’t file in 2018/19 and is over the income limit for non filers to receive it. I might be misunderstanding but she seems to think she just doesn’t qualify

Cabbages and Kings posted:

legal state here (VT) w/no legal retail and what I am hearing is that supply lines are all kinds of hosed up. I have already left bags of pot out for a couple people in need.

I don't think we have any other VT potheads that I am aware of but if I'm wrong and if you end up totally hosed, hit me up, I will help out as the state law and my lifestyle allow

yeah my dude told me half of his sources are gone because they import from out of state - I suspect in illegal states there will be a major shortage once the big stashes start to run dry. I’m legit worried about it

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Marlow posted:

April 2020 in Ohio vs November 2010 in Georgia

when the olive garden doors are still locked at 10:03

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

lmao those chuds are going to send checks by the USPS, which they hate

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Frog Act posted:

she didn’t file in 2018/19 and is over the income limit for non filers to receive it. I might be misunderstanding but she seems to think she just doesn’t qualify

she should just file for 2019 now

the irs page lists very clearly who qualifies and who doesn't, just go to irs.gov and follow the links

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Dustcat posted:

she should just file for 2019 now

the irs page lists very clearly who qualifies and who doesn't, just go to irs.gov and follow the links

she says she can't because she owes a large tax liability and hasn't paid that yet - it was either pay it and file or not be able to pay rent, I think. again, I could be misunderstanding, but it seems like her options are limited if she's in the position of having owed taxes, not filed, and no direct deposit on file

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!
I wondered how long it would take for all the 2nd Amendmenters to get all twisted up about the 1st Amendment getting roflstomped--so about a month...

Thread is awesome. Have three siblings. We moved around a lot--two of us have TB vaccine scars, two didn't get the TB vaccine. Of the two that didn't get vaccinated at birth--one smokes, one doesn't. I guess we qualify as an official Trump clinical trial group... :0

But thinking forward--what are folks thinking will be the way out of this?

Picked up from the thread there has never been a successful coronavirus vaccine developed for humans and that the shortest length of time to develop any vaccine in history, so far has been seven years. Then there is all this talk about herd immunity and anti-bodies, but from my understanding of coronaviruses--neither of those mater. I guess the most famous coronavirus being a chest cold--and as long as I've been alive there has always been the adage, "There is no cure for the common cold." If you catch a cold this month, nothing says you won't catch it later in the year or next year. (And understanding too there are several types of "colds.")

From my thinking there are two ways out this: 1) The government/population decides the cure is worse that disease and lets nature take its course.

Or 2) Some kind of personal testing kit gets developed and distributed in huge enough quantities that every household could have one. Thinking like a blood glucose test kit--pick your finger, analyze your blood--and then the next part seems like it is getting futuristic dystopian hellworld. In this age of everyone owning cellphones, logical thinking would be a test kit is tied to a cellphone or worse--collects DNA. Would everyone test themselves in the morning before heading out the door? And what would happen with results? To show up work would you need to show your test results came back negative for the day? Or would everyone and their brother know the second you test positive. i.e. Do you chose to show your results or are your results known to the government.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

So far today, 2,252 Americans have died. Time to reopen the economy!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It took a really long time but America finally reported the bulk of their numbers.

+26,299 cases and +2259 deaths today as of 3:20 CST. Yesterday's numbers were +26,945 and +2407.

Strong chance we significantly exceed yesterday's numbers, and yesterday was already a bad day even without the reclassified NYC deaths.

Also tomorrow we'll hit 30,000 deaths from COVID-19, or, ten 9/11s.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Cabbages and Kings posted:

I imagine supply lines are all sorts of hosed up everywhere. My guy here told me he had 3 more deliveries to make after me last time, because everyone is just staying home and smoking weed right now.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Frog Act posted:

she says she can't because she owes a large tax liability and hasn't paid that yet - it was either pay it and file or not be able to pay rent, I think. again, I could be misunderstanding, but it seems like her options are limited if she's in the position of having owed taxes, not filed, and no direct deposit on file

yeah i dunno if they'd take her trumpbux to pay back taxes, possibly but possibly not

anyway, she should file anyway, because the back taxes are gonna collect interest and penalties and eventually they'll catch up anyway, plus she's out the $1200 if she doesn't file

the irs will work with you to set up a payment schedule if you can't make rent

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/1250514082320592896

https://twitter.com/WWEMaverick/status/1250493936185102339

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

SKULL.GIF posted:

It took a really long time but America finally reported the bulk of their numbers.

+26,299 cases and +2259 deaths today as of 3:20 CST. Yesterday's numbers were +26,945 and +2407.

Strong chance we significantly exceed yesterday's numbers, and yesterday was already a bad day even without the reclassified NYC deaths.

Also tomorrow we'll hit 30,000 deaths from COVID-19, or, ten 9/11s.

So you're saying that since we're under 200k deaths we're OPEN FOR BUSINESS