Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

holding an anti-lockdown sign out of the window of your car that you're afraid to leave because you might get infected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

wait is it illegal to wash windows in Michigan now

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

SKULL.GIF posted:

holding an anti-lockdown sign out of the window of your car that you're afraid to leave because you might get infected

an anti-lockdown aka pro-death sign whining that you can't go to your 2nd home or go golfing

this is some Onion parody poo poo again

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

my great aunt died from coronavirus this morning. this sucks, she was cool as heck.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/1250470831924207616

This is the beginning of the propaganda effort to "open" on May 1st.

"the governor taking away the jobs of over 1 million residents, then not allowing many of those residents to file for jobless benefits"

lol, what? because the underfunded unemployment office can't handle a million people in a week? drat governor.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

U-DO Burger posted:

look some sacrifices had to be made to save boris okay

Oi a chav nicked me facemask

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

SKULL.GIF posted:

The UK is doing something incredibly wrong :stare:

They have 98k cases vs Spain's 178k and Italy's 165k, but they already have almost 13,000 deaths where the latter two have 18,700 and 21,600 respectively.

Third highest death count today too, after USA (2336) and France (1438). 200 ahead of Italy and 300 ahead of Spain.

Turkey has a surprisingly low amount of deaths despite being in the top 5 for daily new cases.

Maybe they just have much more accurate/honest COVID death reporting thanks to the NHS?

Turkey is a fascist state and probably suppressing real numbers? Idk that's just a wild anti-Erdogan guess.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

SKULL.GIF posted:

They have 98k cases vs Spain's 178k and Italy's 165k, but they already have almost 13,000 deaths where the latter two have 18,700 and 21,600 respectively.

Third highest death count today too, after USA (2336) and France (1438). 200 ahead of Italy and 300 ahead of Spain.

Turkey has a surprisingly low amount of deaths despite being in the top 5 for daily new cases.

herd immunity coming along!

that reminds me, how is sweden doing?

hmm

not great!

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

my great aunt died from coronavirus this morning. this sucks, she was cool as heck.

:rip: to a real one

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

One possibility is that they may have a more accurate count of the deaths linked to COVID-19. There was a big spike in unattributed deaths in Italy that were never officially included on the count.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Vox Nihili posted:

One possibility is that they may have a more accurate count of the deaths linked to COVID-19. There was a big spike in unattributed deaths in Italy that were never officially included on the count.

same with NYC's big update yesterday of 3700+, no?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Michigan

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010
theres no order against washing windows you halfwit liberal baboons, they're crying because they can't hire a minority to do the first 2 while they do the others

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

https://twitter.com/karennpineda_/status/1250508787401674752?s=21

Capitalism is hilarious

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

SKULL.GIF posted:

I just misread that there were 2000 cases in care homes. It is actually cases in 2000 care homes.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It's interesting looking at the countries with high disparities between total cases/1 million and total deaths/1 million.

A lot of them are the eastern European countries twoday has been talking about for weeks now. Germany, Austria, Norway... some weird outliers here like Portugal and Ireland.

One of the biggest disparities is Israel with 1444/15. To contextualize Spain has a ratio of 3799/400 and the USA has 1937/86. Worldwide cases/deaths is 266/17 and China is 57/2.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Pretend I posted a fuckton of bloodlust here because I don't fancy eating a probe for my actual opinions on this.

I live in Michigan and I don't think I've ever quite been this angry.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

SKULL.GIF posted:

cases don't loving matter and they never should have, all that matters is available vents, icus and deaths. the media has absolutely dropped the ball on this poo poo and its insane. nyc is already at more than double historical death average and that's with the completely useless pseudo lockdwon. we could've stopped this with a god drat 2 week national lockdown a while back and instead we're gonna have 50% of people thrown out of their homes. im starting to go an insane rage rant gently caress

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

OPEN STOP

MICHIGAN THE TYRANNY

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.

twoday posted:

smoking does cause lung damage so that would put you in a risk group, it’s just common sense

right

the data I've seen has suggested smokers are less likely to get sick but more likely to have worse outcomes when they do get sick, so I was curious whether that's been contradicted by newer data, or if this is a case of conventional wisdom saying something should be so, and not data showing that it is so

if that makes sense

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

there is literally no way that Erdogan is allowing accurate fatality figures to be released

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
note the class character. it's like petty-booooooj business owners, landlords, etc. who are still "socially distancing" in their car protest, but don't like business being shut down because it's costing them money

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

note the class character. it's like petty-booooooj business owners, landlords, etc. who are still "socially distancing" in their car protest, but don't like business being shut down because it's costing them money

why can't we boat or golf??

think of the freedom for the common man

Giant Metal Robot
Jun 14, 2005

Taco Defender

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Why aren't my window washers and gardeners essential workers?

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
There's literally nothing stopping you from going to your 2nd house you loving fat chud leech.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

I hope Trump gets to make a Regan style speech to the country like "governors, tear down this social distancing protocol!"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Holy poo poo

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

eighty-four merc posted:

right

the data I've seen has suggested smokers are less likely to get sick but more likely to have worse outcomes when they do get sick, so I was curious whether that's been contradicted by newer data, or if this is a case of conventional wisdom saying something should be so, and not data showing that it is so

if that makes sense

One interesting factor here could be that nicotine is what’s helpful, and if someone stops smoking because they are sick or in the hospital, this effect would fade as the nicotine leaves their body, and then they are just left with lovely damaged lungs and a respiratory infection

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

why can't we boat or golf??

think of the freedom for the common man

We hung out on the boat after work today in the marina, it was pretty nice. Had a couple of beers

I suggest all mc donalds workers use their stimulus checks to go out and also buy a boat. You don't need to leave the marina to enjoy it. Leaving it in the marina means less maintenance too.

Golfing is dumb you have to talk to a cashier to go golfing

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

WarEternal posted:

There's literally nothing stopping you from going to your 2nd house you loving fat chud leech.

they told residents to consider the standard of care theyd get in their cabin up north

dunno if they ever did anythng more formal

but a lot of those second home peple want to go off to their prepper shacks and die

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood that my gardener is coughing up.

Freedom means being able to die for your economy. Tyranny means being forced to stay alive.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Don't dox me bro

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

I'm the complete misunderstanding of what a plague can mean, or also the supposition that the ancient Egyptians understood the germ theory of disease

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

Been watching the IHME for a few days. Took a couple screenshots after the last two model updates because there's ~zero~ backwards-looking validation going on.

Their model is a loving joke and it does everyone a disservice that they made such a slick, confidence-inspiring interface with nice smooth lines.

While posting this I noticed today's numbers came out. 153 deaths.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

twoday posted:

The Dutch prime Minister is giving a speech in front of a background that says "only together we will get Corona under control" but the way the shot is framed today pretty much the only part you can see is the part that says "together we will get Corona," written over and over behind his face

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
the second home thing drives me crazy, my friend inherited a property in shithole like central northern ish michigan, poor lovely bitter cold area, and we found out when we tried to hunt it that his like broke rear end neighbors had poached every ounce of animal protein off it over the years it was abandoned before his uncle died, theres just not enuf LIVE OFF THE LAND to support much of anyone

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

go to 2nd home lmao

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

gregday posted:

another 2,300 dead today

so i guess that's the new normal

oh yeah surely it can't get any worse than this

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Spime Wrangler posted:

Been watching the IHME for a few days. Took a couple screenshots after the last two model updates because there's ~zero~ backwards-looking validation going on.

Their model is a loving joke and it does everyone a disservice that they made such a slick, confidence-inspiring interface with nice smooth lines.

While posting this I noticed today's numbers came out. 153 deaths.

Their uncertainties get smaller with time. I'm not sure why anyone is taking them seriously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
once we realized there was no risk of having to field dress or transport a deer there we realized it was the perfect place to build increasingly elaborate deer blinds in which to get blind drunk and fire guns wildly