Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

anyways its 6 pm central and the US has +2,396 deaths, vs +2,407 all day yesterday

"You keep using that word, peak. I do not think it means what you think it means."

-Inigo Montoya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

are you trying to turn your job into a timeshare situation? is it finally time to start the c-spam virtual commune??

maybe more of a distance learning thing

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
is it just me or did Worldometers just die too

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Steve Yun posted:

if they ever make Trump’s final resting place public Im going to make sure it smells like pee forever

you have my turds

Steve Yun posted:

is it just me or did Worldometers just die too

just you

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Bip Roberts posted:

r0 of 0.5 still means a ton of new cases if you have a place like NYC where 2% of the people are actively infected. It's a multiplier on top of the # of total cases.

Yeah, but the rolling average of new cases a day is still over 8,000 for the last 3 days and the 3 day average new cases per day hasn't dropped below 7,000 - 8000 / day from a peak of 10,500. At best, the R0 is 0.7

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

dumbest most worthless country on the planet

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

Steve Yun posted:

if they ever make Trump’s final resting place public Im going to make sure it smells like pee forever

someone's gonna piss on his grave and tape it, pisstape cant be denied

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

trump is not handling this well imho

give him a chance to grow into the presidency you

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lol yankees flying confederate flags

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

new peak!!!

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

check out alberta sometime for a real mindfuck

tbf canadians did burn down the white house which is more than the rebels ever accomplished

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
does that water bottle have camo?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Squizzle posted:

give him a chance to grow into the presidency you

he's gonna outflank the democraps from the left!!!!

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
I'm the tactical Dasani bottle holder

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
It feels bad to say while it's actually happening now, but I hope the US suffers catastrophic losses and never recovers

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Stereotype posted:

This is never going to get better lol

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

drat these fuckers are so patriotic they fly every American flag

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

It feels bad to say while it's actually happening now, but I hope the US suffers catastrophic losses and never recovers

the USA is an irredeemable cesspool that has done nothing but perpetrate misery and violence longer than anyone's living memory

like always, most of the people who are victims of the people who control the USA's greed and stupidity are innocent

very few powerful people will suffer and those that do will learn nothing

it is a drat shame, ideally the mechanisms by which the USA does its nasty business will be destroyed for all time

that process will be catastrophic for decent folks

:sad:

Egg Moron has issued a correction as of 00:25 on Apr 16, 2020

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
wonder how many people would die if someone tossed a firecracker in among all those open-carrying dipshits

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
A well fed militia

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
eventually somebody scared of the plague will shoot at them, and this will begin the time of troubles

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

I've seen way more confederate flags in Maine and Massachusetts than I ever did south of the Mason-Dixon line.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Heated Gaming Moment posted:

A well fed militia

Freedom is a cool ranch dorito TM

kater
Nov 16, 2010

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Shut Down America or Shut Down Your Organs

*50 year old white people from the middle of the US slam their fat greasy hands on the Death Button*

to be fair to death cult, shutting down the country hinges upon the people in charge not letting everyone die in the streets

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

seattle plague rat posted:

maybe more of a distance learning thing

that sounds like way less praxis. maybe not even praxis at all

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

that guy's guns have guns

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
is it actually "full immunity" or "sort of immunity" that we care about, the way most people are "sort of" immune to common cold and the flu because it's so widespread even though it wears off over time

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

that sounds like way less praxis. maybe not even praxis at all

aws hands out certs dirt cheap and locks the training behind the large difficult-to-circumvent paywall of instructor-led courses

there is room here for praxis

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
This slow-burn apocalypse is boring and bullshit.

Come on, God. poo poo or get off the pot.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

chmods please posted:

is it actually "full immunity" or "sort of immunity" that we care about, the way most people are "sort of" immune to common cold and the flu because it's so widespread even though it wears off over time

"sort of immunity" is better than "no immunity" but worse than "full immunity" welcome to my TED talk

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
this is cspam. hating america is cool here, friend. :d2a:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Stereotype posted:

The thing that is really striking about this pandemic is that the only strategy that conservatives have been using for nearly 40 years; to deny the problem completely and do absolutely nothing to solve it and possibly do things to make it worse until it just goes away; will not work here. You can't just say "okay we are bored of this, it is over now" and have it actually be over. Death isn't an abstract concept like taxes or government debt and it isn't easily swept under the rug or blamed on the victim like homelessness or poverty; people are going to notice when they and their loved ones are drowning in their liquefied lungs.

The worst part is how this makes them incapable of planning ahead. Everything the GOP has done has been reactive. There's a virus in China? Lol, do nothing. Oh the virus is in the US now? Better restrict travel from China, even though its here already. Whoops, now the virus is spreading undetectably? Better start contact tracing people who traveled abroad. We're not gonna cancel spring break *massive outbreaks occur* whoa guys, we'd better shut down the beaches. And it keeps happening. A few days of "low" death counts and Trump is ready to open everything up.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

This slow-burn apocalypse is boring and bullshit.

Come on, God. poo poo or get off the pot.

Oh boy now you’ve done it

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Corona Challenge: go to a "reopen" CHUD protest in a vehicle that backfires, or with a really loud firecracker

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

oh drat this is good

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

seattle plague rat posted:

aws hands out certs dirt cheap and locks the training behind the large difficult-to-circumvent paywall of instructor-led courses

there is room here for praxis

Coincidentally, I have practitioner and was going to get solutions architect, but you know. Things happened this year.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

this dumb motherfucker is gonna try and force everyone back to work isn't he

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

pmurt osos

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Funion posted:

smh if you're not growing a beard + apocalypse-length hair rn

my hair was already apocalypse length before roni lmao :owned: hairailures

my beard however is gone i need the hairs 2 build my trumpy bear wigs now that the supply lines are hosed

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

mystes posted:

Is the alternative to call them DemocratBucks and cause Trump to illegally order the Treasury not to pay them?

Communism Cash

Call it Communism Cash to see who has the temerity to tear up their check on principle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

this dumb motherfucker is gonna try and force everyone back to work isn't he

good news for my new career in bean hoarding and weed smoking