Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

fojar should get a free name change to fojar888 for getting the last post on lucky page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheesemaster200
Feb 11, 2004

Guard of the Citadel

It's actually about ethics in video game journalism

Nucken Futz
Oct 30, 2010

by Reene

Mr. Fix It posted:

fojar should get a free name change to fojar888 for getting the last post on lucky page

I second this, only for the reaction and screeching from the true believers.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I do not regret spending page 88 a political prisoner for defending Song-gok Spur against bad cryptocurrency posts.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Hmm page 89, did anything happen in 1989?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
:pusheen:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
That's masterful, that is.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:getin:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

:supaburn:

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
:nice:

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

code:
                                     china will continue
                            drumming up various argu-
ments about

the virus.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

that owns

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Oh jeeze, how are they going to access the uncensored Minecraft library now

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

lmao haha

on page 89 nothing happened

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Mameluke posted:

Oh jeeze, how are they going to access the uncensored Minecraft library now

That MUST be what this is a reaction to.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.
Posting in Nothing Happened page.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

that's what you get when you post dick pics

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

I tweeted a news link from earlier in this thread about China quashing research into the origins of COVID. Today I had a very real person and not at all a bot or shill reply to me with a PDF file. The account has the string of random numbers in the name, and was only created this month. Obviously just a dedicated person searching for anyone mentioning China and trying spread The Truth™
I wonder if replying Taiwan #1 Remember Tiananmen Square Massacre would get more of a response.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Grand Fromage posted:

Pretty much all gaming in China is online so I'm very dubious about this. That said, most of that gaming is on Chinese servers so... I dunno, I'm not sure how you'd stop games from connecting to any servers outside China, but I am not a great firewall programmer so I cannot comment. Restricting gaming so people can only access servers in the PRC, if feasible, is more realistic than banning online gaming entirely. The restrictions on hours/spending are believable, other countries like South Korea have attempted to do that as well. This may be more of a thing they would like to do but doesn't end up being realistic.

Enjoying my great luck on this great page.

What about official "unofficial" VPNs that bypass the firewall and are monitored.

Kickback actors get more money for non-China access, government gets to listen to everyone who *might* foment dissent, and it's business as usual

The Zombie Guy posted:

I tweeted a news link from earlier in this thread about China quashing research into the origins of COVID. Today I had a very real person and not at all a bot or shill reply to me with a PDF file. The account has the string of random numbers in the name, and was only created this month. Obviously just a dedicated person searching for anyone mentioning China and trying spread The Truth™
I wonder if replying Taiwan #1 Remember Tiananmen Square Massacre would get more of a response.

"Hmmm better open it right away and look into this important document that is not at all a virus or malware of any kind" :thunk:

Seriously, people who don't disable hiding file extensions get a derisive laugh out of me. I've laughed at friends and regret nothing

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
can we get translations on pure mandarin/cantonese images or text? i get that this is the china thread, but come on.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

https://i.imgur.com/4CC98cy.jpg

第89頁上沒有發生任何重要的事情。

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Apr 16, 2020

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
why would you bother posting a picture where nothing happens

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Mistle posted:

Seriously, people who don't disable hiding file extensions get a derisive laugh out of me. I've laughed at friends and regret nothing

You're a fool for using an OS where that's even a thing, especially if you're in a place like China. gently caress that bullshit.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

LordArgh posted:

theres one thing happening. its showing an utter lack of social distancing.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

peanut posted:

on page 89 nothing happened

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

LordArgh posted:

This reply is disharmonious to the party-confirmed truth of page 89, where nothing happened.

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.

Kharnifex posted:

I wonder if the online banning news will step up players copy and pasting in this old gem

动态网自由门 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Free Tibet 六四天安門事件 The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 天安門大屠殺 The Tiananmen Square Massacre 反右派鬥爭 The Anti-Rightist Struggle 大躍進政策 The Great Leap Forward 文化大革命 The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution 人權 Human Rights 民運 Democratization 自由 Freedom 獨立 Independence 多黨制 Multi-party system 台灣 臺灣 Taiwan Formosa 中華民國 Republic of China 西藏 土伯特 唐古特 Tibet 達賴喇嘛 Dalai Lama 法輪功 Falun Dafa 新疆維吾爾自治區 The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region 諾貝爾和平獎 Nobel Peace Prize 劉暁波 Liu Xiaobo 民主 言論 思想 反共 反革命 抗議 運動 騷亂 暴亂 騷擾 擾亂 抗暴 平反 維權 示威游行 李洪志 法輪大法 大法弟子 強制斷種 強制堕胎 民族淨化 人體實驗 肅清 胡耀邦 趙紫陽 魏京生 王丹 還政於民 和平演變 激流中國 北京之春 大紀元時報 九評論共産黨 獨裁 專制 壓制 統一 監視 鎮壓 迫害 侵略 掠奪 破壞 拷問 屠殺 活摘器官 誘拐 買賣人口 遊進 走私 毒品 賣淫 春畫 賭博 六合彩 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Winnie the Pooh 劉曉波动态网自由门

Has this been proven to actually work? I used to spam it to players on private and public vanillaWoW servers all the time. Needs a bit of updating.

Always felt like it actually did nothing.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

My Spirit Otter posted:

can we get translations on pure mandarin/cantonese images or text? i get that this is the china thread, but come on.

NMSL

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

The Real Amethyst posted:

Has this been proven to actually work? I used to spam it to players on private and public vanillaWoW servers all the time. Needs a bit of updating.

Always felt like it actually did nothing.

It's working well on tinder, the finance racket scammers unmatch immediately

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Father in law is at his apartment in Jilin City and guys are going around testing everyone. They started with everyone in the hospitals, patients, staff, visitors (using temp and nose swabs) and are tracking people using their cell phones (they don't have the super-advanced people tracking infrastructure in Jilin yet with facial tracking, etc.) and any type of groupings gets swarmed by the police and testers within minutes). They're testing apartment blocks and trying to "sweep" the city. People who show signs are going to Covid clinics (repurposed buildings like closed schools, etc.) and staying there until they are cleared.

A testing crew came to his apartment and temp tested everyone, checked their phone ID to make sure they were not socializing, then moving on. Despite what the CCP has said/done in the earlier stages, if they are pulling out these kinds of measures in a 4-5th tier city already, then I am inclined to believe their numbers (more the trend/curve) as they stand now. I'm sure the real numbers were 5-10 times what they were reporting during the peak, but I can believe with the measures being implemented now that they have a handle on this. I guess they're cranking out testing kits at phenomenal numbers, and until the west can do the same, we're not going to be able to round the corner any time soon. Then again looking at the news coming out of the US and BC, I can see the citizens actively trying to subvert the efforts to contain Covid since everything is either a hoax or "my rights, you can't tell me to get tested or not go play bingo in a church".

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Unless their testing kits are significantly better than what they're exporting, one has to wonder.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Shumagorath posted:

Unless their testing kits are significantly better than what they're exporting, one has to wonder.

Considering how much they want to get back to work and from what he's describing, they're not cutting corners any more.

Nucken Futz
Oct 30, 2010

by Reene

Blistex posted:

Considering how much they want to get back to work and from what he's describing, they're not cutting corners any more.

Riiiiiiiiiight.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Blistex posted:

The people making the test kits have already put their employees back to work, and so may have slightly different priorities.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Nucken Futz posted:

Riiiiiiiiiight.

This is just my opinion, but the fact that Jilin City of all places is getting this kind of treatment is telling that Xi is serious right now you probably don't want to be the official that derails his plans. If China is getting the kind of results that I think they are, then they're poised to get a big head start over the US and a lot of other nations, and be in a position to make big gains. Hell, this might end up working out for them in the end, as it's hitting their olds the hardest, people that their kids and the state no longer have to care for, and that frees up a lot of money to go to more useful places.

This is all just speculation and anecdotal evidence, but until there is some manner of internal leak, that's all I have to go on.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

I Tweeted back to the CCP defender, asking how they feel about the imprisonment of Uyghurs, and welp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nucken Futz posted:

Riiiiiiiiiight.

I don't doubt this is another face saving measure, maybe a higher up was visiting. Everything about the system demands lies. I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of tests were never done so someone gets to pocket some money.