Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Mu77ley posted:

Whereas in Elite, the orbital dynamics of the systems are responsible for some of the most jaw-dropping scenes imaginable...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B5SxpUN55k

I've played Elite for hundreds and hundreds of hours and until I watched that, I hadn't realised quite how dynamic those CMEs/solar flares were.

Then again, Elite isn't in alpha ergo it must be worse than Store Citizer, which is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Agony Aunt posted:

Is that THAT Kazan?

It's the THEN Kazan

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

By
Ryan
Archer

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Huh.

Maybe that's a tribble on her head? Or a reference to Chris having hair plugs or something?

Maybe it seems less threatening because he's not going to be gunning for me when ELE happens, so I'm just a spectator? (from a distance)

Hmm, something is a bit fishy about your unwavering defence of Adzadama, or is it really .............................ZAZZ RAZZAMATAZZ???????????????????

Rugganovich fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Apr 16, 2020

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

"How do I travel to another star system I am a noob"

I have heard about these jump points but I can't seem to find them whare are they? How can I find them I do have the latest update

:reddit::

---They don't exist yet, you're about a year too early.

---They've been spending the time building the star system building tools, using Stanton as the test bed system as it's quite diverse and would allow them to build most of their tools with the one place. They are going to be expanding soon-ish.

Pyro is the next one, as far as we know. They showed a demo of jumping to it at last year's anniversary con

---Just to be clear here....you aren't talking about Quantum Travel between planets and moons are you?

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate

Dooguk posted:

It's the THEN Kazan

I dont think he posts in SC reddit anymore. He really really hates being wrong.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Baxta posted:

Are you talking about THAT Derek Smart?

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
So apparently Crytek are indeed remastering Crysis and also it's coming to Switch
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-04-16-crysis-remastered-revealed-coming-to-nintendo-switch

They're talking about ray-tracing too.

Enter Shitizens who absolutely know about game development talking about how all this tech will be usable by Store Citizer because it's the same engine.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Larz
Jul 29, 2011

My God, it's full of star citizens...

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

wtf am I looking at?

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Colostomy Bag posted:

wtf am I looking at?

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Great, now CIG are ripping off the credits to Into the Spidervers

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

I seem to remember someone making a celery man / Tayne gif with a Crobear head, anyone got that?

Never did a gif, only the pic. I have hundreds...

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

AbstractNapper posted:

They're talking about ray-tracing too.

Enter Shitizens who absolutely know about game development talking about how all this tech will be usable by Store Citizer because it's the same engine.

Well, three major versions ago, and not part of lumberyard. And they really don’t have any friends at Crytek.

Sooo...

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Release the jpegs.

Which ones?

ALL. OF. THEM.

Edit: it occurs to me that a 2020 virtual citcon would be pretty good for CiG, assuming they don’t fu....ah.

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

lol, and you fudsters say there is a 50 player limit :smugbert:

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Hav posted:

Well, three major versions ago, and not part of lumberyard. And they really don’t have any friends at Crytek.

Sooo...

I am sure it was all discussed and agreed in the secret settlement deal.

Crytek knows that Crobbler has valuable tech and will totally go crawling back to him and beg him to take their new code because reasons and this is how the industry works.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

:vince: :five:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
fuckin a lol

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
also

:reddit: :

quote:

Hello dear Citizen,

why i need your help you ask? I will tell you... But first, my head explode! I am total depressed. I feel abandoned from CIG. Sometimes i wake up and regret everything and just start to cry.

I'am total serious.

What happened? Like 3 Month ago i participate in an giveaway here on Reddit. (https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/entilj/giveaway_mustang_starter_kit) I won! It was such a cool feeling. The Giveaways OP send me an personal message and say something like: he just want to quit SC forever and will also gift me his Carrack and Cutlass Red too". So i telled him to send the original Starter Pack from the Giveaway to my friend (as a surprise) and send me the Carrack + Cutlass Red.

After a few seconds ~ voila I f*** got a Carrack and a Cutlass Red! I screamed my lung out. I started to melt this stuff and buy me the subscriber 890J. I just was the luckiest guy in the world.

Now the bad thing... On the 21th of January i got an Mail from CIG. My Account got temporary closed. Due to suspicious gift activity. I thought: "Ok. Maybe its just a check up. Because the worth of gifting was to big!" I instantly respond to the Mail from CIG, because they write to send them stuff to help for investigate the thing etc.

I send them Screenshots, Names, Dates, What happened and the original link from the Reddit Giveaway.

Yeah.

Till now - no answer, no information, nothing.

Why i'am so mentaly broke you ask?

I am a student here in germany and i have like NO Money. I live in Berlin where the rental for my flat is huge!

Two things are bad and destroy myself...

First: Many of the german community member can confirm you all, that i spare alot of money. I just wanted so bad to buy the Constellation Phoenix because i'm in love with this beauty! I put back needs like food till i managed to buy it on the last CitCon. And i was the happiest guy on earth.

I am scared that this is gone.

Second: I am a long time subscriber and during the deactivation/ban of my Account, CIG is charging my Bankaccount still with the amount of the normal subscription. I dont know what to do. I cant cancel my subscription, because i cant loggin. I worked as an IT costumer support and know what a pain in the rear end it is, when i charge the money back. And yeah... At least i dont want to charge it back... Because my hopes are high, to evantually get my Account back.

So please... Spread this.

What should i do next? Some german community members already write to some workers and supporters from CIG but some of them just respond something like "its not my job" or didnt respond anything.

All my family members are just starting SC in this time where we cant go out... And i am like "yeah cool"

CIG? PLEASE... cry

lol

marumaru
May 20, 2013

quote:

Levski was looking so good 5 years ago youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2YMlnn4Ngk

t-tier 0?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Baxta posted:

Ahahah, nope, he does still post there but more importantly, *that* Kazan has never been wrong a single time in his incredibly exciting and full of beautiful lady friends life.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Rugganovich posted:

Hmm, something is a bit fishy about your unwavering defence of Adzadama, or is it really .............................ZAZZ RAZZAMATAZZ???????????????????

:doit:

IcarusUpHigh posted:

Never did a gif, only the pic. I have hundreds...

Oh yeah, that's the good stuff.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
It's time for the pupil to planet video reminder to let everybody know how grand Star Citizen is.

Throw in that jpeg off Mark Hamill in his suit to. The original maya render, not the lovely version we have today that it slowly transformed into.

Turn dreams up to 11. :sureboat:

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

TheAgent posted:

also

lol

quote:

I put back needs like food till i managed to buy it on the last CitCon.
this probably happened

quote:

All my family members are just starting SC in this time
never happened

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
It always makes me sad to see people suffering to give CR more money for his mansion and Porsche payments.

I wish these guys could see the project for what it is rather than what they hope it well be, and use that money on themselves to stay happy and healthy.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
let them all go broke feeding the crobbear

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.
[quote="TheAgent" post="504155626"]
also

:
quote:
Hello dear Citizen,

why i need your help you ask? I will tell you... But first, my head explode! I am total depressed. I feel abandoned from CIG. Sometimes i wake up and regret everything and just start to cry.

I'am total serious.

What happened? Like 3 Month ago i participate in an giveaway here on Reddit. (https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitize...ang_starter_kit) I won! It was such a cool feeling. The Giveaways OP send me an personal message and say something like: he just want to quit SC forever and will also gift me his Carrack and Cutlass Red too". So i telled him to send the original Starter Pack from the Giveaway to my friend (as a surprise) and send me the Carrack + Cutlass Red.

After a few seconds ~ voila I f*** got a Carrack and a Cutlass Red! I screamed my lung out. I started to melt this stuff and buy me the subscriber 890J. I just was the luckiest guy in the world.

Now the bad thing... On the 21th of January i got an Mail from CIG. My Account got temporary closed. Due to suspicious gift activity. I thought: "Ok. Maybe its just a check up. Because the worth of gifting was to big!" I instantly respond to the Mail from CIG, because they write to send them stuff to help for investigate the thing etc.

I send them Screenshots, Names, Dates, What happened and the original link from the Reddit Giveaway.

Yeah.

Till now - no answer, no information, nothing.

Why i'am so mentaly broke you ask?

I am a student here in germany and i have like NO Money. I live in Berlin where the rental for my flat is huge!

Two things are bad and destroy myself...

First: Many of the german community member can confirm you all, that i spare alot of money. I just wanted so bad to buy the Constellation Phoenix because i'm in love with this beauty! I put back needs like food till i managed to buy it on the last CitCon. And i was the happiest guy on earth.

I am scared that this is gone.

Second: I am a long time subscriber and during the deactivation/ban of my Account, CIG is charging my Bankaccount still with the amount of the normal subscription. I dont know what to do. I cant cancel my subscription, because i cant loggin. I worked as an IT costumer support and know what a pain in the rear end it is, when i charge the money back. And yeah... At least i dont want to charge it back... Because my hopes are high, to evantually get my Account back.

So please... Spread this.

What should i do next? Some german community members already write to some workers and supporters from CIG but some of them just respond something like "its not my job" or didnt respond anything.

All my family members are just starting SC in this time where we cant go out... And i am like "yeah cool"

CIG? PLEASE... cry

lol

FAMOUS CIG POSTER: CIG OWES you NOTHING!

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%
:reddit:
I've dropped over 15k on this game so I can tell you money doesn't matter. It seems that it's more related to how willing you are to fellate the support staff than anything else. I have been given the runaround by CIG for over a year now on an item they arbitrarily melted on my account (that I cannot unmelt). They have lied to me about the reasoning and have been rather patronizing about it. They've shot down my proofs with condescending comments, and haven't responded to my last reply in over half a year.

So rubbing is out and fellatio is in?

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

also

lol

It's very CIG to ban someone so they can't login and then keep charging them a monthly subscription fee anyway :ohdear:

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
Three years ago today, CIG posted this :laffo:

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
M-O-O-N, that spells “best drat space sim ever“

nevermind just watching the stand currently :D

“cig...my life for youuuuu!“
- trashcan man

BumbleOne fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Apr 16, 2020

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
since we're all indoors, go read the book or listen to the audiobook

also read up to dark tower 4 and then make up whatever ending you want for the rest of the series

ggangensis
Aug 24, 2018

:10bux:

TheAgent posted:

also

lol

A fellow German. Of course. I really don't understand why SC is such a thing here...
Back in my studying days where money was tight, the last thing I would've spent it for are loving imaginary spaceships for an even more imaginary "game". He had it coming, no pity. Hopefully he learned a lesson from this, but from his writing it doesn't seem like it.

Anyway, I've avoided the Gamestar forum and the star citizen thread in the last few months but couldn't help to look if this guy also posted his sad story there.
Sadly I couldn't find him on the last few pages but a guy that announced he quit Star Citizen and wants to be removed from their group, because he sees it as a waste of time due to QT, long walks, survival mechanics and so forth. This is the first time I've saw a post like this in the thread, and in general the population there seems to be smaller than last time. A few months ago there were the same 10-12 people around, this time I've saw the 5-6 regulars, enjoying coffee drinking in their ships and the buggy space combat.

Anyway, according to them, Star Citizen is still good, everything is fine and the atmosphere alone is worth it. Also, lots of screenshots plus the advice to not play alone, which is quite telling. Fallout 76 can be entertaining with some friends, so what does this tell about the current experience a new player will have in the PTU?

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Quavers posted:

How much of that did they complete?

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

TheAgent posted:

since we're all indoors, go read the book or listen to the audiobook

also read up to dark tower 4 and then make up whatever ending you want for the rest of the series

i read the book long time ago and it was really good.
but the mini-series is awesome too!
just watching the showdown now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ggangensis
Aug 24, 2018

:10bux:

Quavers posted:

:gary:

This is a fine testament of how basically everything CIG says or posts is utter bullshit, pulled purely out of thin air.

:trustme: "Yeah... you know, ehh... this... eh, elite game... you can refuel other peopl.. ships there. We need eh need this ... .. asap. Ehh... December 2017 it is then"