Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Each week of this stuck inside crap makes me respect the slow burn of ac, it's raining in game and my flower nerds are using magnifying glasses to inspect petals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Iron Lung posted:

Got my wife hooked on this finally, shes never played video games before. Yesterday while I was working she went to a friends island and got me a cool 1.6mil in turnip sales! Then on her profile she caught TWO drat colecanths and a drat oar fish and a snapping turtle. I've never been more proud. It's been like two weeks and we still dont have the Abel sisters store - is there something we're doing wrong? Mabel is finally back today so we're both buying stuff and chatting with her. Other than that I'm moving a building around so i guess i can get Ohare to move in, he's derelicting at the campsite right now,the bum.

Just keep giving her business when she visits; after a while she'll talk about opening a full store.

chlorophylls
May 8, 2013

I'm gonna kill you.
Going to be leaving my island gates open while I'm working.

Turnips are 299 for the next 1.5 hours; not the highest but not bad either if you're looking just to offload.

Haven't checked Able Sisters thoroughly yet but there's a kappa costume in there.

Magic kit and coffee grinder on sale at Nook's Cranny, also a cuckoo clock if anyone wants (I bought the zen cushion already.)

Dodo code is (CLOSED, thanks for all the cosmos!)

Don't really need anything but some cosmos would be appreciated

chlorophylls fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Apr 16, 2020

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Junkie Disease posted:

Each week of this stuck inside crap makes me respect the slow burn of ac, it's raining in game and my flower nerds are using magnifying glasses to inspect petals

I had a fun one the other day, where it seems like Iggly is full-on running a fitness club on my island. There was Iggly doing resistance excercises, a couple of others doing yoga or something, others Naruto-running circuits around the town square, and Flurry... Flurry doing bicep curls!

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

BuhamutZeo posted:

Just made a sale on your island. Looks quite nice! Hope I didn't just give your tips to some random person sitting in front of your store. Happy Birthday!
no, that was me. Thanks~!

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

IronicDongz posted:

Klaus is currently crafting a Golden helmet. Anyone looking to complete their armorset can come snag it, I'll be afking for a while with it open.
Also Gala, the very cute pig, is moving out and currently boxed up if anyone wants to invite her.

https://turnip.exchange/island/ac99a5ae

both houses are right in front of the airport, you literally physically cannot miss them
he stopped as someone left, so this is over. whoever joined last, if you want I can craft you a gold helmet for nugs.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm

IronicDongz posted:

he stopped as someone left, so this is over. whoever joined last, if you want I can craft you a gold helmet for nugs.

I don't know why I had connection issues twice, sorry for wasting time. Just gonna wait till another recipe chance shows up.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Opening up Barksburg again because it's raining! Ables have some fun stuff. Sahara is in town, notable things are industrial wallpaper and the yellow rose rug. Come visit me while I plant flowers.

2HV5P

Edit: there's also a bunch of free stuff to the left of the airport. Take whatever you want. Leave something if you can!

MokBa fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Apr 16, 2020

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

Khanstant posted:

Mira was my OG and I've even made an amiibo card for her already, but I can't bring myself to boot her out even though she'd be back in 4 days. I'm hoping if/when I finally do go through with it, it feels like a friend went on vacation and came back with new furniture and not like, a doppelganger arriving to take their place. It's already kind of freaky running into neighbors of yours in other towns and they act like they don't know you.

Did you make the amiibo card using that spoofer thing that someone linked to a couple pages ago? Or is there some way of doing that where you don't need a dedicated piece of hardware?

And does anyone know for sure one way or another if booting and then re-inviting villagers resets their friendship levels or not?

I've gone to people's islands twice now and even though both were smooth experiences where I got exactly what I hoped to get it's still totally baffling how weirdly, and I guess poorly, it was designed. That having a menu open stops people from entering or leaving seems so self-evidently bad design that I'm honestly having trouble squaring it with the rest of the game. Like obviously there are other flaws to animal crossing but that just seems so clearly a problem that I don't get how anyone didn't go "wait, we could not do it this way." I guess hindsight is 20/20 and I don't know how hard game design is and all that.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

there aren't any tricks for farming gold nugs, are there? they're the one mat i'm short on constantly :negative:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Iron Lung posted:

Got my wife hooked on this finally, shes never played video games before. Yesterday while I was working she went to a friends island and got me a cool 1.6mil in turnip sales! Then on her profile she caught TWO drat colecanths and a drat oar fish and a snapping turtle. I've never been more proud. It's been like two weeks and we still dont have the Abel sisters store - is there something we're doing wrong? Mabel is finally back today so we're both buying stuff and chatting with her. Other than that I'm moving a building around so i guess i can get Ohare to move in, he's derelicting at the campsite right now,the bum.

I'm in the same boat re: Mabel. I've read some reports that Mabel's stall mostly shows up on the weekends, so I think people who started two weeks ago got shafted by last weekend being double events.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

magimix posted:

Just keep giving her business when she visits; after a while she'll talk about opening a full store.

Ah ok. Havent seen her in a week so just been waiting!

Junkie Disease posted:

I have Elli on my island and its so cute to see her watering the mish-mash of flowers i've planted around my house :3

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Digital Osmosis posted:

Did you make the amiibo card using that spoofer thing that someone linked to a couple pages ago? Or is there some way of doing that where you don't need a dedicated piece of hardware?

You either need blank tags (ntag215 only) and an Android phone with nfc capabilities or one of those dedicated things.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Johnny Truant posted:

there aren't any tricks for farming gold nugs, are there? they're the one mat i'm short on constantly :negative:

I wish, now that I'm mainly focused on making more gold caskets :unsmigghh:
I've only gotten one from destroying rocks, which I thought might make them more common. Otherwise the only reason I had a stockpile was from just farming so many rocks on nook islands.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

And More posted:

I think you can report her to Isabelle, and she'll be reset to her original catchphrases and stuff.

Oh, I don’t want to reset her! :ohdear:

I just wish I could give her a nickname too, so it’s less close to my old friend’s name.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Captain Hygiene posted:

I wish, now that I'm mainly focused on making more gold caskets :unsmigghh:
I've only gotten one from destroying rocks, which I thought might make them more common. Otherwise the only reason I had a stockpile was from just farming so many rocks on nook islands.

yeah my stockpile is very low at the moment, i have to choose between a lucky dung beetle and a gold plate set :sigh:

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

Blaziken386 posted:

Hey, who wants to offload turnips

cos' my island is going for 311 right now :v:
https://turnip.exchange/island/9838ebb5

if you want to leave something, I'd rather have spare DIY recipes/weird furniture than bells

also, it's my birthday, so feel free to doodle something silly on the board while waiting :shobon:

Your island is very pretty. Thank you for putting up with my repeat trips!

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

MokBa posted:

Opening up Barksburg again because it's raining! Ables have some fun stuff. Sahara is in town, notable things are industrial wallpaper and the yellow rose rug. Come visit me while I plant flowers.

2HV5P

Edit: there's also a bunch of free stuff to the left of the airport. Take whatever you want. Leave something if you can!

It stopped raining but Cookie is DYIing the Giant Teddy Bear so I'll stay open.

SketchyPlane
May 15, 2009

Blaziken386 posted:

Hey, who wants to offload turnips

cos' my island is going for 311 right now :v:
https://turnip.exchange/island/9838ebb5

if you want to leave something, I'd rather have spare DIY recipes/weird furniture than bells

also, it's my birthday, so feel free to doodle something silly on the board while waiting :shobon:

Thanks! I dropped a Nook miles ticket since I don't have duplicate DIYs at the moment. :shobon:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Man, the flower genetics are so much more complex than I thought. I planted a bunch of R Y W pansies, and as soon as I got a bunch of orange pansies, I made a garden of specifically orange pansies only

Today a white pansy popped up in the orange garden!! Hello little recessive gene

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

chlorophylls posted:

Going to be leaving my island gates open while I'm working.

Turnips are 299 for the next 2.5 hours; not the highest but not bad either if you're looking just to offload.

Haven't checked Able Sisters thoroughly yet but there's a kappa costume in there.

Magic kit and coffee grinder on sale at Nook's Cranny, also a cuckoo clock if anyone wants (I bought the zen cushion already.)

Dodo code is GFL0L (zero, not an O)

Don't really need anything but some cosmos would be appreciated

Thanks for this! My turnip prices started off in the 80s and got worse all week so I needed a place to offload them.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

There are better turnip prices out there but mine are at 332 if anyone is interested?? Kicks is here and the Able Sisters are p good today

if anyone has cosmos or lillies that would neat (or non-white hyacinths)

I won't really be playing but the code is 0QXRQ please do not island shame me

e: ok I've closed the gates - thanks everyone who visited!

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Apr 16, 2020

fizzy-o
Sep 2, 2011

the reason i'm not rewarded
is because, as a person,
i'm quite warped

Some neat things available in Windchime today:

Marshal is making a Wooden double bed so if you're looking for a nice simple big bed he's got you covered.

Ables have a bunch of cool stuff including Chinese-style dresses, cat noses, outback hats, and Labelle sunglasses.

Kicks is in town with a blue traveler's backpack, sequin leggings, Iron Man boots, and paw slippers among other things.

Nooks have one clay furnace and some other more boring stuff.

There are a couple duplicate non-Bunny DIYs in the field by my house. My town is still very WIP but you're welcome to wander around!

If you want to bring something hybrid flowers are always welcome, and I'm on the search for the beard for my husband, a cutting board (or the recipe), a refrigerator that isn't pink, and the autograph cards wall hanging. But don't feel obligated!

EDIT: Also I just got the gold armor shoes recipe from a bottle so if you want shoes made bring some mats! 4 gold nuggets.

EDIT EDIT: You guys are so generous!!

CLOSED, thanks for coming!

fizzy-o fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Apr 16, 2020

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Found a low level exploit, pick up a villager's furniture and immediately gift it to them for a small but steady cash flow, nice job Nintendo :smug:
(actually his big stone table was in my way and I was hoping it'd fix that problem while giving me entertaining contextual dialogue :sigh:)

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.
I have to run into work for a while so I am opening my southern hemisphere town.

Curlos is crafting wooden double bed.

Come get some weird fish or whatever.

If this crashes, sorry but I am not home to fix it.

https://turnip.exchange/island/dcead54e

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Captain Hygiene posted:

Found a low level exploit, pick up a villager's furniture and immediately gift it to them for a small but steady cash flow, nice job Nintendo :smug:
(actually his big stone table was in my way and I was hoping it'd fix that problem while giving me entertaining contextual dialogue :sigh:)

They will actually recognize if you give them something they just gave to you, but as far as the game is concerned any furniture outside is yours, even if it was next to their house for a while.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

fizzy-o posted:

If you want to bring [...] a cutting board

KQK21

Guess what's about to be on its way over. :toot:

E: Package drop successful, enjoy!

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Apr 16, 2020

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

https://twitter.com/andrew_nunez/status/1250831553812475904?s=20

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

OK trying this Turnip Exchange thing to make things less of a clusterfuck. The gates to Le BonZone are open!

https://turnip.exchange/island/a72db78f

Turnips are going for 149 if you're that desperate. (Please don't. There are better prices in the Discord room.)

Sahara is in town with the Lava Floor and Tree-lined Wall

The Abel Sisters have a lot of cool/weird stuff in stock! Notables are Noh Mask and Dog Noses. Full inventory here:

https://twitter.com/Silver_FalconSA/status/1250841673090732034?s=20

Fossils by the gate are free to take. I've been working hard on my island so I'd love folks to see how it's coming along! Just don't pick my flowers please. Have fun!

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving

Help Im Alive posted:

There are better turnip prices out there but mine are at 332 if anyone is interested?? Kicks is here and the Able Sisters are p good today

Bringing some yellow hyacinth seeds with me, I don't think I have any currently planted unforunately.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Johnny Truant posted:

they seem more common on mystery islands but I'm sure you've been doing that already.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday
I miss the big rear end tree from New Leaf.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Seymour Buttz posted:

I’ve played this game for hours every day since it came out and no villager has asked me to change their catchphrase yet. Is that not a thing anymore? I feel like I had to come up with a catchphrase like every day in the past games.

I don’t miss it but just wondering.

I've been playing every day since launch too and I just got asked for the first time today.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Frankston posted:

I've been playing every day since launch too and I just got asked for the first time today.
:woop: I was also wondering about this because I was kinda sad it seemed to not be in the game.

that said, I do appreciate the nicknames too. Gayle just asked if she could call me muffin the other day and my heart completely melted

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Man, the flower genetics are so much more complex than I thought. I planted a bunch of R Y W pansies, and as soon as I got a bunch of orange pansies, I made a garden of specifically orange pansies only

Today a white pansy popped up in the orange garden!! Hello little recessive gene

Behold the terror:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ARIQCUc5YVEd01D7jtJT9EEJF45m07NXhAm4fOpNvCs/preview

ZentraediElite posted:

I've been watching some YouTube videos of 5-star islands with my daughter to get inspiration of what we could do to ours. It's kind of impressive what people have done, but part of the enjoyment of the game to me is finally getting a DIY recipe or finding something for sale that matches the theme of the room I'm trying to create.

When I finally got a better table to replace my cardboard box, that was fun.

I, personally, would rather slow play this game and get items as I find them, or travel to other islands, rather than hop in an item trading Discord and get everything I want immediately.

I'm kind of on the fence. On the one hand I have enjoyed getting random stuff and just making it work; for instance my kitchen has ended up with a diner theme because that was the only table I had at first and I happened to have the diner wallpaper.

On the other hand there are a couple of DYI recipes that I really wanted for what I had in mind for my island, and never being able to find them is getting a little annoying.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

Help Im Alive posted:

So, I know you said you didnt want the grown cosmos... but I brought and planted them on the beach. Sorry.

Beautiful island!

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

Happitoo posted:

Drake stopped making cool poo poo so I'm going to shut it down. There's nothing else good going on right now.

EDIT: I lied, there is still cool poo poo going on.

Abel Sisters has Balloon Hats, Mage Hats and Night Vision Goggles. So if someone wants to look like a Splinter Cell Clown, town is back open with an new dodo code: CLOSED

Closing up shop now. Thanks for everyone who visited.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Is it normal for your original two villagers to still be living in really basic accommodations? I think they both still have their sleeping bags out. They've each got a couple pieces of furniture (like a table and a clock), but that's it.

Do they never theme out like the later villagers, or am I supposed to be doing something for them?

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

My island is buying turnips for 583.

Made a queue to keep it orderly (just in case). Nothing special at Abel Sisters though.

https://turnip.exchange/island/a49c3004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Erebus posted:

Is it normal for your original two villagers to still be living in really basic accommodations? I think they both still have their sleeping bags out. They've each got a couple pieces of furniture (like a table and a clock), but that's it.

Do they never theme out like the later villagers, or am I supposed to be doing something for them?

they never get their "proper" homes which is honestly one of the biggest bummers with this game