Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Rynn posted:

gently caress your hot sauces

Kerosene poured on your food is the only correct way to eat

yeah gently caress that noise, slather some coal on my food and really get the bitumen weeping, I want to taste all the carbon in my food

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

350,000 members god drat

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Any goon born after 1993 can’t cook... all they know is TRUMP!, number, beans , eat hot sauce & shitpost

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Zyme posted:

...you may have just changed my life

it and the fatalii (habanero level heat but richer and more fruity flavor) are by far my favorite peppers I use them in almost all my homemade sauces

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Starks posted:

350,000 members god drat

It's astroturf so a lot of those are fake

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I'm a big gamer baby who only judges hot sauces based on the name/label butt joke. Like, If there isn't a hot sauce named "MAGMA rear end in a top hat!" there should be.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

whoopsy daisy, going to be a lot of people helgefølelsening in heaven

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

WorldsStongestNerd posted:

It changes how hard its going to be to sell propaganda for a war with China.

We are absolutely not going to let them become the dominant power. Its very important to find out exactly what happened so we have evidence to stoke anger. We will make poo poo up if we have to but real evidence is better.

"We" don't have a choice in the matter, lol. It's happening.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Mr. Lobe posted:

Is that that Donkey Kong fraud guy

King of Kong was hilarious because I saw it before the fraud was revealed, and even I came away from the movie like "uhhh this guy is obviously faking it"

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Y’all ready to just give up yet

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Rynn posted:

gently caress your hot sauces

Kerosene poured on your food is the only correct way to eat

Light your farts to complement the chef and keep your colon free from polyps

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
the 1 5 9 row addresses my needs in a no frills kinda way

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

old beast lunatic posted:

I'm a big gamer baby who only judges hot sauces based on the name/label butt joke. Like, If there isn't a hot sauce named "MAGMA rear end in a top hat!" there should be.

The more memey the more lovely it is so this whole post checks out

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

I will never log off

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
i ike when i have to shake it out of a bittle that looks liike a leering skull or an inflamed rear end in a top hat

at least draw a cool devil on the front

i am a discerning consumer

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

No this movie is just getting good

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

There's so much amazing content coming up!

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

jetz0r posted:

There's so much amazing discontent coming up!

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

I've not fully accepted that I'm existing so there's that

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Cao Ni Ma posted:

whoopsy daisy, going to be a lot of people helgefølelsening in heaven

Valkyries all going around like "okay not you. not you. nope. No. No. By Odin, didnt any of you idiots die in battle?"

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

RIP Brian Dennehy, no clue if it was COVID or not

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Been eating a poo poo ton of stuff with Cholula lately God bless

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Spergin Morlock posted:

"We" don't have a choice in the matter, lol. It's happening.
can't wait for our fleets of f-35s to nosedive into the ground

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
looks like those problems with false negatives from the new test aren't just from one bad batch that ER goon (Nodelphi?) had

https://twitter.com/HelenBranswell/status/1250833831143387137

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My downstairs neighbor is having some sort of bizarre episode where she’s walking around her house stomping rhythmically while periodically screaming gibberish

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

i gave up before this whole thing unfolded

i was all primed to prepare for a divorce and moving to an apartment, now im stuck in my house with my not-yet-ex wife and we are about to live out an apocalypse

im going to keep going to work until they stop paying me, and i will keep eating as long as i can buy groceries, but once the barbarian hordes breach my walls, peace, im fuckin done

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

pancake rabbit posted:

can not believe everyone itt is ignoring valentina smh

The black label Valentina bottle not in the picture is legit the best hot sauce.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

My downstairs neighbor is having some sort of bizarre episode where she’s walking around her house stomping rhythmically while periodically screaming gibberish

is your neighbor an animal crossing character throwing a tantrum?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

TheMightyBoops posted:

The black label Valentina bottle not in the picture is legit the best hot sauce.

that's the one I usually get but I stand by El Yuc XXXtra being the best

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
when I die I hope someone tries to hide my corpse in a shed. Just seems more fun

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

TheMightyBoops posted:

Best vinegar based widely available sauce by far.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

seattle plague rat posted:

i ike when i have to shake it out of a bittle that looks liike a leering skull or an inflamed rear end in a top hat

at least draw a cool devil on the front

i am a discerning consumer

I want that bottle dressed up as a cute little grim reaper.

Would never replace my workhorses of frank's buffalo, tapatio, or sriracha. It would just sit on the upper spice shelf looking cute, because those gimmicky sauces suck. But it would be cute.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

NofrikinfuN posted:

i gave up before this whole thing unfolded

i was all primed to prepare for a divorce and moving to an apartment, now im stuck in my house with my not-yet-ex wife and we are about to live out an apocalypse

im going to keep going to work until they stop paying me, and i will keep eating as long as i can buy groceries, but once the barbarian hordes breach my walls, peace, im fuckin done

you should write a screenplay about your experience if you manage to save your marriage

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Preoptopus posted:

anyone else didnt get their trump bucks and get this messege on the website when checking trumpbux status?

"According to information that we have on file, we cannot determine your eligibility for a payment at this time."

I did only just get my tax return yesterday.

Same exact situation for me, from what I read online it can take a few days from when they accept your return to when it will be available to use for Trumpbux, I would just keep checking once a day but I'd it's not there by Monday I'm gonna loving lose it

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The best Hot Ones is Paul Rudd because he is a beautiful being of pure light.

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

lol bizarre

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

FAUXTON posted:

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9

here read this if you are wondering exactly how bullshit the "it came from a lab" conspiracy is

for starters, if this virus was engineered they picked a trash candidate for their fuckery, the underlying function is poo poo for what the implied goal of such a hypothetical experiment would have been and anyone calling themselves a scientist would have started with something that actually loving worked decently

next, they found its grand daddy coronavirus in bats and then found its uncle coronavirus in illegally imported pangolins. If someone was using an illegal source of endangered loving pangolins as a loving virus test kitchen, they're dumb as poo poo because animal work in viruses uses a fuckload of animals and you aren't going to be poaching enough to sustain it nor would you get enough smuggled out undetected, nor would you provide a reliably consistent animal supply free of existing diseases that might gently caress with your program.

after that, they found the difference between the pangolin and bat viruses was the part that let the spiky bits bind to human cells so easily - not only is this the most mutable part of the virus, but exactly the part that would be most exposed to natural selection were it in, say, pangolins and constantly given access to human hosts.

they then went on to talk about the hypothetical of a laboratory accident, notably "what if this was being developed in a lab but escaped" but pointing out that had this been the case the hypothetical researchers had to have been loving around with nothing of use forever beforehand, publishing nothing of any intermediary science, and using dumb poo poo methods of developing samples which still would never have worked out because the virus as found in the wild clearly was influenced by natural selection - e.g. this thing kept getting thrown up against immune systems until something worked, then against another species until it worked, and then a random-rear end binding mutation made it stick to people.

The pangolin poo poo is really interesting because they point out that the bat virus is still the most similar to the roni overall, but there are specific chunks of the genome in the pangolin coronaviruses - namely the chunks governing the spiky bits - that bridge a good part of the gap. Natural selection works more like a rock in a stream than anything with agency but a good way of describing it is that they are fairly confident this passed through pangolins because the roni started in bats and picked up some key habits of highly successful viruses somewhere and the viruses they're finding in pangolins practices a good number of those key habits but not all of them - what they suggest happened was that it got into pangolins and kept testing door handles on the human immune system until it got supremely lucky. It's even likely it got a little lucky a few times before thanksgiving but because at the time it wasn't that great at making humans sick en masse nobody really noticed.

But yeah in order for this to have been doctored up in a lab they would have had to make decision after decision that defies any logical progress toward any conceivable goal aligned with the outcome to the point that xi almost certainly would have had them shot for wasting time and money loving around with nothing to show for it.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

FAUXTON posted:

you should write a screenplay about your experience if you manage to save your marriage

actually, she is a writer, so maybe she will do just that lol

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

too invested now, need to see the ending

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

jetz0r posted:

I want that bottle dressed up as a cute little grim reaper.

Would never replace my workhorses of frank's buffalo, tapatio, or sriracha. It would just sit on the upper spice shelf looking cute, because those gimmicky sauces suck. But it would be cute.

posting facts imo