Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

What We Do In The Shadows season 2 has started and it's as great as last year, loving amazing show.

Oh drat I'm glad you posted this because I didn't know it was back already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

i should get to watching that already. i loved the movie

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Joey McChrist posted:

i should get to watching that already. i loved the movie

I was worried because the movie was so good (one of my favorites of all time) and a tv adaptation was sure to be problematic but turns out it's really good

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

Found that somebody uploaded all 74 episodes of Naoki Ursawa's Monster to youtube. Spent last night rewatching the first few episodes. One of the best animes out there.

You posted the wrong link

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I was worried because the movie was so good (one of my favorites of all time) and a tv adaptation was sure to be problematic but turns out it's really good

Ever since I saw the movie I thought "This was fun but it felt less like a movie and more like I just watched a bunch of random episodes of a sitcom in syndication." So making it a sitcom felt like just finding its natural voice.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Holy poo poo the guest star casting in the first episode was great. Haley Joel Osment being in The Boys, What We Do In The Shadows and Silicon Valley in the last few years is an impressive career resurrection for him

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

did they ever get more episodes of The Boys or did it really end on "I hosed Your Wife" thought that'd be vague enough but w/e.

coconono fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Apr 17, 2020

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

coconono posted:

did they ever get more episodes of The Boys

Season 2 is coming soon but cool spoiler

Edit: July specifically, apparently

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Apr 17, 2020

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

No, they appear to have it right

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Oh drat I'm glad you posted this because I didn't know it was back already
Me neither! Super stoked!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Devs was a very good eight-episode ride. Alex Garland was already one of my fav directors just for Annihilation (Ex Machina was very good too), this is just adding to the list of why

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

My employers were worried I was working too much so I've been limited to only working 60 hour weeks as opposed to 66. So that means I'll be working a mandated 6 day week instead of everyday like I have been. I havent had a day off for about 3 weeks now.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I never played FF7 what’s up with those original character models

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I never played FF7 what’s up with those original character models

It was a PS1 game early in the console's life

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Oh that I understand it's just Cloud's giant quads and Sorry-piece arms are very funny

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

FFVII was more famous for its pre-rendered cutscenes than its ingame play. I really wouldn't recommend going out of your way to play it. The Remake is a lot better even if there's a lot of empty space(tho sometimes walking through the wastes is aesthetically pleasing).

Full Disclosure: I wasn't a superhuge fan of VII and it took a global plague for me to get into VIIR.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I’m just watching Funhaus do a silly competitive speed run, I’m not really into FF beyond Tactics

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I’m just watching Funhaus do a silly competitive speed run, I’m not really into FF beyond Tactics

I really really wanna get into Tactics because its got one of the deepest leveling systems in RPGs but its also one of the slowest RPGs. That could be my emulator tho(the mobile version is also slow as poo poo and hell on my ipad's battery life).

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Watching a Psych marathon on USA. Man I miss this show a lot.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

coconono posted:

FFVII was more famous for its pre-rendered cutscenes than its ingame play. I really wouldn't recommend going out of your way to play it. The Remake is a lot better even if there's a lot of empty space(tho sometimes walking through the wastes is aesthetically pleasing).

Full Disclosure: I wasn't a superhuge fan of VII and it took a global plague for me to get into VIIR.

On the contrary, the gameplay of the original still holds up great. And the Remake is only like the first 1/5 of the original's story.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

bradzilla posted:

On the contrary, the gameplay of the original still holds up great. And the Remake is only like the first 1/5 of the original's story.

well take my money Square because I'm locked into hanging out with Cloud, Barrett, Tifa and Aerith for a while. And I even considered getting FFXIV because of this.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

coconono posted:

I really really wanna get into Tactics because its got one of the deepest leveling systems in RPGs but its also one of the slowest RPGs. That could be my emulator tho(the mobile version is also slow as poo poo and hell on my ipad's battery life).

If you're on emulator please use the speed up function. I love the game but it's slow, especially if you're playing PSP

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

https://kotaku.com/games-done-quick-is-holding-a-speedrun-marathon-for-cor-1842919367

Super bored at home? Super bored working from home? Need a break from the constant masturbating you find yourself doing just to pass the time? Do all of that while watching some games go fast!

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

bradzilla posted:

Yeah, the original FFVII gameplay still works nicely over 20 years later. I totally understand why the Remake is a Kingdom Hearts/FFXV style action RPG, but when I played the demo I just couldn't get to grips with it at all. It's a fine combat system, but it just doesn't feel right to me because I prefer my JRPGs turn-based. The "classic mode" they implemented in the Remake just has the game play itself on babby mode difficulty, which I guess is nice if you just want the story but I want to feel like I'm doing something even if I don't enjoy the real-time combat.

I'm an old man yelling at clouds.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Artelier posted:

If you're on emulator please use the speed up function. I love the game but it's slow, especially if you're playing PSP

Trying to find a feature-full emulators on the mac is kinda awful. I'm seriously thinking about loading up a RetroPie just for the convenience(and also to dick around with a rom distribution scheme).

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

if we’re talking videogames we’ve bought recently, I indulged myself with Super Metroid for my 3ds and I’m particularly enjoying the experience. I bounced off the game before when I tried playing it on my computer via emulator, but then I watched a Let’s Play of the game which persuaded me to try again

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I got Rage 2 recently, a sequel to a game only I liked

E: I guess it was actually well received?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

Devs was a very good eight-episode ride. Alex Garland was already one of my fav directors just for Annihilation (Ex Machina was very good too), this is just adding to the list of why

I'm several episodes behind because I spent the first three zoning out on how beautiful every single shot was. Garland is the man.

Protip: if you somehow slept on the last Dredd movie, Garland isn't officially credited for directing it but he basically did.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I did NOT like Rage 2 but I did finish it, idk. The combat is pretty fun.

I finished Death Stranding after 130 hours. What a stupidly long ending. W/e. All the stuff before the ending was pretty great.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
there was this old mspaint drawing i remember from this forum i think of someone laying face down on their floor with a sisters of mercy poster on the wall can anyone find this for me

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Death Stranding has me interested but I have this super weird phobia about fetuses that keeps turning me off.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The best SA MS Paint drawing is the one depicting what the artist thought wiping while standing looks like. It's stayed with me for years, it's what I see when I close my eyes.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Shard posted:

My employers were worried I was working too much so I've been limited to only working 60 hour weeks as opposed to 66. So that means I'll be working a mandated 6 day week instead of everyday like I have been. I havent had a day off for about 3 weeks now.

You are still a hero Shard and I would give you more money were it in my power to do so. and am still super sorry about making you mad.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

coconono posted:

Death Stranding has me interested but I have this super weird phobia about fetuses that keeps turning me off.

The fetus is pretty cute at least?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

ChrisBTY posted:

You are still a hero Shard and I would give you more money were it in my power to do so. and am still super sorry about making you mad.

It's all gravy baby.

Just got off the phone with a client who was super upset with me. According to her we are doing a bad job with information because she has been hearing everywhere that everyone gets approved automatically due to covid 19. I've checked and made sure that DCFS has been really good with putting information out about how we process cases. She was very upset with me. I hate talking to people on the phone.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Death Stranding went from "Kojima with a bigger budget and free reign" interest to "Wow what a boring weird game that turned out to be" with friends so fast that it just turned me off of the whole thing

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

I love watching others play games by Mr. Kojima—I saw Slowbeef play through Death Stranding recently, if that’s someone whose playthroughs you’d like to watch—but I don’t think I have the patience to play one for myself

God bless his weirdness, and his appreciation of a beautifully sculpted behind

SatansOnion fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Apr 17, 2020

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

coconono posted:

I love Death Stranding, but you might want to skip it. There's some stuff you probably won't like.

EDIT: Specifically jump scares
EDIT 2: First edit is in regards to the fetus. Yes, really. Game's weird.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Apr 17, 2020

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I hear people going on about making roads and zip lines, that sounds awesome. I like super destroy violence as much as the next barely contained anxiety maniac but sometimes building poo poo is more rewarding.

Like the time I logged onto a minecraft server built a giant flaming crucifix out of netherrack, a sweet :metal: castle and a dungeon then logged the gently caress out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yeah i made a road. a big one, straight to hell. it's a highway