Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Strep Vote posted:

Washington is killing it, thanks. No new infections in my county for a week. Worth it to live in the dank corner of America's attic.

Only cryptids allowed here on the Olympic peninsula.

Its so very beautiful there
Kalaloch
Ruby Beach
Trail 4
Once more before I die please god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

why is worldmeters.info a delaware corp and like is there a one word answer for who is running it?

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

my enemies are everywhere

Pretty rad dad pad
Oct 13, 2003

People who try to pretend they're superior make it so much harder for those of us who really are. Philistines!

seattle plague rat posted:

its going to rip thru some of those little mountain towns if they arent careful

hi from one of those. I'm surprised we didn't get anything from the last wave of skiers a month or so ago but we seem to have dodged that bullet apart from a couple of people at fly-in lodges. masks are veeery slowly starting to happen. there was a big facebook argument between the town chud community and the hippies about masks. the hippies sort of won when someone pointed out that the chud grandmas who were getting pissy about masks were the people who could make and sell homemade ones so now a bunch of them are doing that and pushing people to wear them lol

definitely a lot of people who go into town twice a month anyway getting mad about only going into town twice a month though

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Marzzle posted:

why is worldmeters.info a delaware corp and like is there a one word answer for who is running it?
something like half of all corporations in the us are delaware corporations because it's just a giant state tax shelter

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I should probably get a mask for going out I guess

I thought masks didn't do anything to stop the virus and just made it more likely you'd touch your face to adjust the mask

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Grapplejack posted:

I thought masks didn't do anything to stop the virus and just made it more likely you'd touch your face to adjust the mask

turns out they do a lot if you're asymptomatic but the entire point of claiming they do nothing was to make sure people didn't all hoard the masks so the people who actually need them most in healthcare have enough of a supply, so it was done for the right reason.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

ffs get a mask. wear a mask.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Shipon posted:

something like half of all corporations in the us are delaware corporations because it's just a giant state tax shelter

I guess if the american library association likes it then it's prob nothing kooky

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Marzzle posted:

my enemies are everywhere

my dog is totes passed out and snoring
I fed a young 30 something with MS the other day because he can't feed himself anymore (his wife and kid both died in a car accident too because hahaha)
Everything is hosed up

I'm going to finish this beer and go smoke and then :glomp: my puppers

I hope I have the privilege to feed my MS dude again soon, he's cool

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

Grapplejack posted:

they confer some droplet protection, as the virus ain't exactly airborn but it will hitch a ride in floaty wet bits

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004

Stereotype posted:

I mean they are still on par with like Ohio or Colorado and they also nearly squashed it once.

Japan is slowly, and will soon be quickly, falling apart. The official numbers are completely meaningless for a multitude of reasons I won't get into, but the hospitals are already full and new cases are rising every day with no slow down in sight.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Also: Persona 5 Royal is the perfect quarantine game. I've been bingeing it for a week now and I'm still not done.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Shipon posted:

turns out they do a lot if you're asymptomatic but the entire point of claiming they do nothing was to make sure people didn't all hoard the masks so the people who actually need them most in healthcare have enough of a supply, so it was done for the right reason.

this fact makes me think the ball destruction is a lie as well to keep brave dudes with large balls off the streets

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
https://twitter.com/michaelmina_lab/status/1251021013581692929
https://twitter.com/michaelmina_lab/status/1251022298682925057

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

someone repost that day by day goon(?) spreadsheet of covid symptoms

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Grapplejack posted:

At this point I'm used to them and I have hand sanitizer in my car to take it off correctly.
I'm only going in and out, then the mask gets bagged and washed.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

the point is to keep your own filth in/on you

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Marzzle posted:

this fact makes me think the ball destruction is a lie as well to keep brave dudes with large balls off the streets

The ball cooking sperm devastation is absolutely accurate but not unique to COVID. Anything that gives ya a bigly fever will do it, it's just especially likely to come up with COVID because of how many cases involve a serious fever that is very difficult to break even temporarily

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm going to hit up all my ex-partners and see if they have corona. Thats a good idea, right?!

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

honestly the scariest thing about corona is how weirdly hidden and tricky american death numbers have been presented to the public but I know trump is prob putting his finger in the pudding and making it all dumb and lovely so he won't have to see how badly he hosed up constantly

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Epic High Five posted:

The ball cooking sperm devastation is absolutely accurate but not unique to COVID. Anything that gives ya a bigly fever will do it, it's just especially likely to come up with COVID because of how many cases involve a serious fever that is very difficult to break even temporarily

cytokine response ate my balls

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Sharkie posted:

I'm going to hit up all my ex-partners and see if they have corona. Thats a good idea, right?!

Not going to like this had crossed my mind then I came to my senses.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Epic High Five posted:

yeah did boris johnson's penis necrotize and fall off like in fizfashizzle's fanfiction about it or did that not happen

someone get me the latest Sun so I can find out

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

lol

https://twitter.com/HongKongHermit/status/1251018799244951554

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Marzzle posted:

honestly the scariest thing about corona is how weirdly hidden and tricky american death numbers have been presented to the public but I know trump is prob putting his finger in the pudding and making it all dumb and lovely so he won't have to see how badly he hosed up constantly

We wouldn't have anything like close to accurate numbers even if it was what we wanted as a culture more than anything else. With something like this you can only have a low ball estimate and then years later you go over mortality and ILI statistics and piece together something slightly more accurate

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Epic High Five posted:

We wouldn't have anything like close to accurate numbers even if it was what we wanted as a culture more than anything else. With something like this you can only have a low ball estimate and then years later you go over mortality and ILI statistics and piece together something slightly more accurate

I'm mostly just jealous of the cool new zealand data the one night time new zelander is always posting

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

Pretty rad dad pad posted:

hi from one of those. I'm surprised we didn't get anything from the last wave of skiers a month or so ago but we seem to have dodged that bullet apart from a couple of people at fly-in lodges. masks are veeery slowly starting to happen. there was a big facebook argument between the town chud community and the hippies about masks. the hippies sort of won when someone pointed out that the chud grandmas who were getting pissy about masks were the people who could make and sell homemade ones so now a bunch of them are doing that and pushing people to wear them lol

definitely a lot of people who go into town twice a month anyway getting mad about only going into town twice a month though

oh man i hope you can chill out indoors

yah i found cloth masks on etsy but they were like just being added 3 days ago when i started ordering, i hope it catches on fast. someone my friend knows is in an ICU in vernon which like does not inspire confidence if there are cases there altho i suppose the further north the better, maybe its less worrying where you are

i dunno. i really hope itll be easier up there for you guys

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Epic High Five posted:

also try using the john hopkins arcgis dash to just see where the USA is in total death rankings world wide. there's no way to get the interface to show the US numbers alongside, say, italy (which is always listed to appear as top number of cases in the world at like 20k)

Marzzle has issued a correction as of 06:51 on Apr 17, 2020

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Pohl posted:

Not going to like this had crossed my mind then I came to my senses.

Ive been fortifying with wine and weed so i'm immune to conditions like "coming to my senses," thankfully.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

you cant cut back on plumbing! you will regret this!

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Marzzle posted:

they'll really lean hard on suppressing data and instructing the media to stop reporting on death numbers as it gets higher. gonna own

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

got any sevens posted:

you cant cut back on plumbing! you will regret this!

this is what happens when you flush wipes.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

suppressing testing and death reporting is genuinely going to be a critical part of their ending social distancing strategy

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Shipon posted:

well sort of. they were already hoarded or gone as of like jan 15th well before it was publicly known it in america.

t's more funny that all the goons back in the last thread going "no no never wear masks. everyone is a completely 100% always fallible dumbass and cannot ever possibly ever use them propertly unless they've gone through 40 hours of training and if everything isn't done completely and titration-tier correct they will actually give you all diseases known to man INSTANTLY, and you will also get ebola. they can only make things worse because people are too dumb. masks will just make u look like a paranoid dweeb and hoo boy who wants to look like a dweeb??"

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
LOL every CHUD city has a "freedom march" Sunday.

So they can spread coronavirus.

A disease that, if you survive, eats your balls and leaves you sterilized.

The people who are marching are the people obsessed with white birth rates.

I defy you to tell me America isn't a scripted comedy show.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

number dropped yesterday! looks like trump was right about the peak

Pretty rad dad pad
Oct 13, 2003

People who try to pretend they're superior make it so much harder for those of us who really are. Philistines!

seattle plague rat posted:

oh man i hope you can chill out indoors

yah i found cloth masks on etsy but they were like just being added 3 days ago when i started ordering, i hope it catches on fast. someone my friend knows is in an ICU in vernon which like does not inspire confidence if there are cases there altho i suppose the further north the better, maybe its less worrying where you are

i dunno. i really hope itll be easier up there for you guys

oh I'm fine, lotsa space. (Golden, so kind of a long way from anywhere else) there was/is a mini outbreak in Kelowna at a plant nursery among some mexican ag workers, everyone got real mad about foreigns importing disease for a little bit then it turned out they'd been here for >a month so definitely caught it locally. a very good ah! well. nevertheless, type of moment and most of the howlers went real quiet lol, there's still a few but it's only the absolutely brain poisoned ones

tbh people are taking it pretty seriously on the whole and even the chuds are behaving, between a quarter of town's population going back to australia pretty much overnight, a quarter of what was left getting laid off at the same time, and the hospital staff absolutely hammering the facebook messaging about how you really don't want to get a bunch of people sick in our tiny little hospital it was unavoidable that it wasn't some joke. helps that so many people left, it's real quiet.

they just don't wanna wear masks because they think they're big strong mountain folk and will look silly

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Masks work. You're probably too stupid or undisciplined to have it actually protect yourself, but you will definitely still be protecting others even if you keep adjusting it and scratching your face and rubbing your eyes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The "you're" there isn't OP but rather all of us collectively including myself