Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

btw thx for recommending the authoritarians, thread. it pulled together a lot of patches I had free floating around.

edit: might have been the succ thread now that i think about it. dunno. w/e. pz

Lpzie has issued a correction as of 07:18 on Apr 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
me: "sweeney todd" except all the lyrics are about coronavirus

also me: lol everyone ive dated wants to hear this, they really do

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

Pretty rad dad pad posted:

hi from one of those. I'm surprised we didn't get anything from the last wave of skiers a month or so ago but we seem to have dodged that bullet apart from a couple of people at fly-in lodges. masks are veeery slowly starting to happen. there was a big facebook argument between the town chud community and the hippies about masks. the hippies sort of won when someone pointed out that the chud grandmas who were getting pissy about masks were the people who could make and sell homemade ones so now a bunch of them are doing that and pushing people to wear them lol

definitely a lot of people who go into town twice a month anyway getting mad about only going into town twice a month though

being rural as gently caress is awesome right now (lots of space to recreate, only two confirmed cases in a hundred mile radius) but everyone is bracing for the inevitable

our icu capacity is functionally zero, there’s very little communication from the health department, and the hospitals are getting guidance they expect to have a delayed wave here. very old, vulnerable populations in these small towns, so even the local chuds are taking it pretty seriously afaict.

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

i heard the NYC plague carts pay $75 per hour and uhh where can i apply lol

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

E Depois do Adeus posted:

drat that's pretty loving good money. i would unironically take that.

time to disrupt. gig economy but for plague carts, gotta help out all those unemployed uber drivers since brooklynite and williamsburg techies aren't taking ubers to the local gastro pubs selling $20 manhattans now.

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

Pretty rad dad pad posted:

oh I'm fine, lotsa space. (Golden, so kind of a long way from anywhere else) there was/is a mini outbreak in Kelowna at a plant nursery among some mexican ag workers, everyone got real mad about foreigns importing disease for a little bit then it turned out they'd been here for >a month so definitely caught it locally. a very good ah! well. nevertheless, type of moment and most of the howlers went real quiet lol, there's still a few but it's only the absolutely brain poisoned ones

tbh people are taking it pretty seriously on the whole and even the chuds are behaving, between a quarter of town's population going back to australia pretty much overnight, a quarter of what was left getting laid off at the same time, and the hospital staff absolutely hammering the facebook messaging about how you really don't want to get a bunch of people sick in our tiny little hospital it was unavoidable that it wasn't some joke. helps that so many people left, it's real quiet.

they just don't wanna wear masks because they think they're big strong mountain folk and will look silly

oh nice, thats where i got the masks from. friends in kamloops

yah honestly that whole mountain folk thing is what worries me its super easy to ignore a dry cough and i did it for days. but im shut in w/grocery delivery and on and on. you guys are out and about. before you know it theres a dozen sick and then lord knows

im staying very calm!!

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

LOL every CHUD city has a "freedom march" Sunday.

So they can spread coronavirus.

A disease that, if you survive, eats your balls and leaves you sterilized.

The people who are marching are the people obsessed with white birth rates.

I defy you to tell me America isn't a scripted comedy show.

enjoying the emerging astroturfed plague party

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

CODChimera posted:

number dropped yesterday! looks like trump was right about the peak

open by uh... mayday!

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

people are gonna be having a big beautiful may day the likes of which you've never seen folks. It's a may day that's going to jumpstart the american economy. Is may day in may?

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

E Depois do Adeus posted:

you heard right
https://gothamist.com/news/dispatch-morgue-truck-worker-coronavirus-covid-nyc

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

do u get adequate PPE?

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Marzzle posted:

do u get adequate PPE?

lol

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

the CIA knew about covid back in november and alerted NATO, yet no prep was undertaken beyond that. pretty darned interesting.

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
lol out and about to me now means you have to leave your house one every week or two

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

I'm passionate about becoming a critical part of our apocalyptic infrastructure and I can lift over 50 pounds

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
this is not ideal

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

gh0stpinballa posted:

the CIA knew about covid back in november and alerted NATO, yet no prep was undertaken beyond that. pretty darned interesting.

Lots of Congress was briefed in January too and all they did was sell their stocks quietly and then move to discuss if they should censure Bernie Sanders for praising literacy programs 30 years ago

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Marzzle posted:

I'm passionate about becoming a critical part of our apocalyptic infrastructure and I can lift over 50 pounds

Good, these are Americans we're lifting so make sure you get a big breakfast.

Pretty rad dad pad
Oct 13, 2003

People who try to pretend they're superior make it so much harder for those of us who really are. Philistines!

Spime Wrangler posted:

being rural as gently caress is awesome right now (lots of space to recreate, only two confirmed cases in a hundred mile radius) but everyone is bracing for the inevitable

our icu capacity is functionally zero, there’s very little communication from the health department, and the hospitals are getting guidance they expect to have a delayed wave here. very old, vulnerable populations in these small towns, so even the local chuds are taking it pretty seriously afaict.

same pretty much except the entire town runs off one facebook group and the local hospital doctors commandeered the sticky at the top of it to tell people to stop being idiots and keep the gently caress away from each other, and write a huge post every day basically interpreting the provincial health peoples' announcement as far as what it means for here

which...seemed to help an absolute shitload, actually? I guess you gotta reach those people somehow and if a classified ad group is it, it's it

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

Marzzle posted:

i heard its not so much the weight as it is were using thinner bags now

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

gettyimages pic of life on the job:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

gh0stpinballa posted:

Not really tbh, they knew about it being a new disease but the unfortunate truth is that trump is in charge lol

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

seattle plague rat posted:

oh man i hope you can chill out indoors

yah i found cloth masks on etsy but they were like just being added 3 days ago when i started ordering, i hope it catches on fast. someone my friend knows is in an ICU in vernon which like does not inspire confidence if there are cases there altho i suppose the further north the better, maybe its less worrying where you are

i dunno. i really hope itll be easier up there for you guys

I work at a company that recently retooled a t-shirt production factory in Central America to produce cloth masks instead. it's ramping up now and expected to hit 2.5 million masks per week soon

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Marzzle posted:

do u get adequate PPE?

no, but unlimited gloves! maybe you can make your own ppe from those.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

gh0stpinballa posted:

I read some thing in the epstien thread that was saying the military/CDC/whatever has basically been practicing for "some novel virus out of china" or "domestic bioweapon release" since like 2001 and every time they do it they just assume everything in the USA goes to total poo poo, we end up with no PPE, our hospitals fail and then they p much suspend civil rights and institute martial law or something. It's sorta conspiracy like but I guess if you know there's no way our healthcare/industry is prepared for stuff then I guess all you can do is practice for society going to total poo poo. Called "Dark winter". Maybe some right winger blog?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

ffs how do official govt papers still do chinglish in 2020

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
if an irl zombie virus struck china, the cia (who it turns out developed it a month ago), would wait until it struck iraq before warning the us

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

If we stay at 5,000 deaths for the rest of the month, we'll already be at 100,000 casualties by the beginning of May. Things are looking good. :thumbsup:

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Of course it seems like it was basically loving worthless because it looks a lot more likely that states will institute their own measures piecemeal as our powerful potus harnesses the free market and small government to defeat the roni

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Tekne posted:

If we stay at 5,000 deaths for the rest of the month, we'll already be at 100,000 casualties by the beginning of May. Things are looking good. :thumbsup:

Was the 4k+ deaths confirmed or was it just that one source?

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Oxford's counter https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus is showing 4,928 for today as well.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/katerinareports/status/1251034837504294912

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Tekne posted:

Oxford's counter https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus is showing 4,928 for today as well.

what the gently caress

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Lpzie posted:

btw thx for recommending the authoritarians, thread. it pulled together a lot of patches I had free floating around.

edit: might have been the succ thread now that i think about it. dunno. w/e. pz

glad you read it!

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Telsa Cola posted:

Was the 4k+ deaths confirmed or was it just that one source?

i might be misreading into it but i'm pretty sure the 4500 deaths was because the wall street journal recorded the number of total deaths in the US at 8pm eastern last night and then again at 8pm earlier tonight. what happened yesterday was that new york had went back and reported all the people with a doctor's diagnosis as covid who died of covid symptoms as having died of covid, when previously they were only including people that died of covid symptoms that also had a positive test result for covid, but because tests were so limited, people that were clearly covid cases weren't always being tested, so clear covid cases that didn't get tested then died of covid symptoms weren't counted, and then yesterday new york state finally caught up and back-dated a bunch of deaths. only a little more than half were actually from yesterday.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

They are adding the uncounted nyc cases from a few days back. 2.2k was today. Congrats! You're past the peak

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
https://twitter.com/SCMPNews/status/1251036865777618946

We've been living in Corona world all along, feeling blessed.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Epic High Five posted:

Lots of Congress was briefed in January too and all they did was sell their stocks quietly and then move to discuss if they should censure Bernie Sanders for praising literacy programs 30 years ago

that congress! always looking out for our best interests. say, didja know nancy pelosis refrigerators cost more than a years rent?

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

would kind of own if everyone had like 10 cloth masks after this and began wearing it everyday as a useful accessory

bought this 2-layer nosewire one, feelin qute

not an endorsement has issued a correction as of 07:40 on Apr 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

LOL covid is forever (about 4 years until the last dialysis nurse pulls the plug on their own machine)