Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

fermun posted:

i might be misreading into it but i'm pretty sure the 4500 deaths was because the wall street journal recorded the number of total deaths in the US at 8pm eastern last night and then again at 8pm earlier tonight. what happened yesterday was that new york had went back and reported all the people with a doctor's diagnosis as covid who died of covid symptoms as having died of covid, when previously they were only including people that died of covid symptoms that also had a positive test result for covid, but because tests were so limited, people that were clearly covid cases weren't always being tested, so clear covid cases that didn't get tested then died of covid symptoms weren't counted, and then yesterday new york state finally caught up and back-dated a bunch of deaths. only a little more than half were actually from yesterday.

Thats what I am thinking happened but guess we will find out tomorrow. Don't die goons I wont have anyone to poo poo post with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Back to work

Charun
Feb 8, 2003

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

NEW ZEALAND NUMBER UPDATE:

8 new cases, made up of 2 confirmed, 6 probable

2 new deaths, 90 year old and 85 year old.

whats the known sources vs unknown?

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

maybe I'm too tired but I don't understand this tweet at all and can't even parse that sentence

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

She is pointing out it is hot and humid in Singapore which is seeing it's infection growth taking off at the moment

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1251031795849707521

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

fermun posted:

i might be misreading into it but i'm pretty sure the 4500 deaths was because the wall street journal recorded the number of total deaths in the US at 8pm eastern last night and then again at 8pm earlier tonight. what happened yesterday was that new york had went back and reported all the people with a doctor's diagnosis as covid who died of covid symptoms as having died of covid, when previously they were only including people that died of covid symptoms that also had a positive test result for covid, but because tests were so limited, people that were clearly covid cases weren't always being tested, so clear covid cases that didn't get tested then died of covid symptoms weren't counted, and then yesterday new york state finally caught up and back-dated a bunch of deaths. only a little more than half were actually from yesterday.

sorta seems like these deaths were already added on the 14th but idk how they roll these things out between the trackers

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

more human than american politicians

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

as a cultural russian-orthodox, our easter is this sunday. oh boy

https://twitter.com/EurasiaNet/status/1250869570262327296
https://twitter.com/meduza_en/status/1250772454810824705
https://twitter.com/RNS/status/1250846421881778179
https://twitter.com/nchrysoloras/status/1250774772763504640'

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
#basketball #nuns #seville

https://twitter.com/mikedolanny/status/1250759734300495872

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

and who said chapo were just grifters, c'mon

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Shipon posted:

and who said chapo were just grifters, c'mon

$170k a month is a pittance compared to

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Marzzle posted:

I read some thing in the epstien thread that was saying the military/CDC/whatever has basically been practicing for "some novel virus out of china" or "domestic bioweapon release" since like 2001 and every time they do it they just assume everything in the USA goes to total poo poo, we end up with no PPE, our hospitals fail and then they p much suspend civil rights and institute martial law or something. It's sorta conspiracy like but I guess if you know there's no way our healthcare/industry is prepared for stuff then I guess all you can do is practice for society going to total poo poo. Called "Dark winter". Maybe some right winger blog?

None of that is surprising, tbh. The only thing that would have been hard to predict about this pandemic in 2001 is Trump and just how awful the national level response has been. Plus maybe how large the nation wide death cult is.

The point of those exercises to come up with disasters and model how to work through them, so they're not a complete surprise. A bunch of well paid nerds running the ultimate board game sim can figure out that a pandemic is probably going to be influenza or a corona virus, our healthcare system is fragile, there's not enough PPE, the economy will poo poo its pants, and that absolute best case is that our infrastructure will be slow to respond.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Starks posted:

yeah in Italy the whole country just got it at the same time. they all go to the same meatball restaurant so that’s where it happened

This is an almost accurate description but we actually have regional meatball restaurants, the meatballs are made in Rome and transferred via an underground system of carts driven by employees of the Polpetteria di Stato.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Those pneumatic bank tubes but it's meatballs zipping around Italy spreading flavor and covid.

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

eyy, i'm coughin' here!

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Those pneumatic bank tubes but it's meatballs zipping around Italy spreading flavor and covid.

Can you just stand by one and open your mouth?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

limaCAT posted:

This is an almost accurate description but we actually have regional meatball restaurants, the meatballs are made in Rome and transferred via an underground system of carts driven by employees of the Polpetteria di Stato.

A pale, antiqued version of the burrito tunnel

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Marzzle posted:

I read some thing in the epstien thread that was saying the military/CDC/whatever has basically been practicing for "some novel virus out of china" or "domestic bioweapon release" since like 2001 and every time they do it they just assume everything in the USA goes to total poo poo, we end up with no PPE, our hospitals fail and then they p much suspend civil rights and institute martial law or something. It's sorta conspiracy like but I guess if you know there's no way our healthcare/industry is prepared for stuff then I guess all you can do is practice for society going to total poo poo. Called "Dark winter". Maybe some right winger blog?

the uk government ran a training sim for an influenza outbreak and they classified the final report because the results were so catastrophic lmao

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exercise_Cygnus

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

not an endorsement posted:

eyy, i'm coughin' here!

I'm not, cover your mouth!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Telsa Cola posted:

Can you just stand by one and open your mouth?

It's-a free-a country.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

the US numbers are so conspicuously cooked lol

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

squirrelzipper posted:

Both this and the black label Valentina are worthy contestants.

They’re completely different. A wet market is somewhere you can buy live animals without origin tracing and take them or have them slaughtered there. There’s no equivalent in Oz/US/Eu/Canada. Farmers markets aren’t even in the same ballpark.

A wet market is simply a market that sells food, as opposed to dry markets. Farmer's markets are wet markets.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Lambert posted:

A wet market is simply a market that sells food, as opposed to dry markets. Farmer's markets are wet markets.

lmao, a wet market has a hose you doofus

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

moist markets vs chapped markets

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Flavius Aetass posted:

maybe I'm too tired but I don't understand this tweet at all and can't even parse that sentence

i believe thats in response to "its just a flu bro" type peeps that have been saying "its going to go awya in the summer! :downs:"

as if people don't spend 98% of their waking day inside airconditioned buses/cars, driving to an airconditioned office, shopping at an air conditioned grocery store, before heading home to an airconditioned house thats all 60-68f

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Number number number number update!!!!!

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

jetz0r posted:

None of that is surprising, tbh. The only thing that would have been hard to predict about this pandemic in 2001 is Trump and just how awful the national level response has been. Plus maybe how large the nation wide death cult is.

The point of those exercises to come up with disasters and model how to work through them, so they're not a complete surprise. A bunch of well paid nerds running the ultimate board game sim can figure out that a pandemic is probably going to be influenza or a corona virus, our healthcare system is fragile, there's not enough PPE, the economy will poo poo its pants, and that absolute best case is that our infrastructure will be slow to respond.

The WHO had specifically nominated a zoonotic coronavirus or influenza as viruses most likely to cause a serious global pandemic. Like this was not hard to predict.

I assume all those CDC people that Trump sacked would've been through all the exercises to prepare for this sort of thing but lol

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
That conspiracypost (mine) in the Epstein thread was more about the parallels between this and the 2001 Anthrax attacks, which we now know didn't make any sense at all and were followed by a botched investigation.

I really encourage everyone to just read that linked article since it's full of entertaining crack ping moments.
https://www.thelastamericanvagabond.com/top-news/all-roads-lead-dark-winter/

Such as, did you have any idea that Mike Pence was one of the original recipients of an Anthrax envelope way back around 9/11, and that he was immediately primed to respond the right way (he launched a publicity stunt calling for war with the middle east) even before he was in politics?

The article goes into how the 2001 "Dark Winter" training exercise served to coach the media to say the right thing ("let's go to war, specifically with Iraq") in case we ever have an Anthrax attack (spoilers, we immediately did). The training exercise was made to see if we could get the public behind finishing Gulf War 1 like the leaders wanted.

In a lot of paragraphs the article explores the aftermath of those attacks, the extremely suspicious botched investigation of who could have possibly mailed Anthrax (it was us). Important people obstructed various investigations, including into where 2.3 billion in missing Pentagon funds went (I say exactly where I think they went in the Epstein thread). Major figures at Johns Hopkins, Bill Gates Institute, FBI, and other government agencies are never punished for their role in destroying evidence and giving false testimony and media statements.

The icing on the cake in this article is, where are those people now? Well, they're in charge of the companies spearheading the COVID response. They and Mike Pence all got their promotions for being good soldiers. Last year we just had another extremely odd pandemic training exercise called Event 201 with the exact same people in charge. Just read the article, it's a hell of a ride.

Happy Thread has issued a correction as of 09:14 on Apr 17, 2020

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

spaceblancmange posted:

They are adding the uncounted nyc cases from a few days back. 2.2k was today. Congrats! You're past the peak

Can't wait to read this again next thursday but instead of 2.2k it'll say "4.2k was today. Congrats! You're past the peak"

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Flavius Aetass posted:

back in feb people were saying that outbreaks might stop when warm weather comes (among other things because warm singapore had hardly any cases despite being in asia)

now the singapore outbreak is proving that theory wrong

read the covid19 hashtag as a word in the sentence

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dumb Lowtax posted:

That conspiracypost (mine) in the Epstein thread was more about the parallels between this and the 2001 Anthrax attacks, which we now know didn't make any sense at all and were followed by a botched investigation.

I really encourage everyone to just read that linked article since it's full of entertaining crack ping moments.
https://www.thelastamericanvagabond.com/top-news/all-roads-lead-dark-winter/

Such as, did you have any idea that Mike Pence was one of the original recipients of an Anthrax envelope way back around 9/11, and that he was immediately primed to respond the right way (he launched a publicity stunt calling for war with the middle east) even before he was in politics?

The article goes into how the 2001 "Dark Winter" training exercise served to coach the media to say the right thing ("let's go to war, specifically with Iraq") in case we ever have an Anthrax attack (spoilers, we immediately did). The training exercise was made to see if we could get the public behind finishing Gulf War 1 like the leaders wanted.

In a lot of paragraphs the article explores the aftermath of those attacks, the extremely suspicious botched investigation of who could have possibly mailed Anthrax (it was us). Important people obstructed various investigations, including into where 2.3 billion in missing Pentagon funds went (I say exactly where I think they went in the Epstein thread). Major figures at Johns Hopkins, Bill Gates Institute, FBI, and other government agencies are never punished for their role in destroying evidence and giving false testimony and media statements.

The icing on the cake in this article is, where are those people now? Well, they're in charge of the companies spearheading the COVID response. They and Mike Pence all got their promotions for being good soldiers. Last year we just had another extremely odd pandemic training exercise called Event 201 with the exact same people in charge. Just read the article, it's a hell of a ride.

I think you need to log off. That article is ridiculously tinfoil hat and the comments confirm that.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Mike Pence was a republican congressman in September of 2001 and he wasn't an anthrax letter recipient. It's not a great mystery why he called for war in the middle east, that was the republican platform.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGDM-IUOzOE

https://news.abs-cbn.com/business/04/16/20/coronavirus-malls-partially-reopen-philippines-lockdown-eases-pernia

quote:

MANILA -- Socioeconomic Planning Secretary Ernesto Pernia said Thursday a "calibrated" reopening of shopping malls could be part of the partial easing of the Philippines' coronavirus lockdown.

The Philippines has to be "very careful" in lifting the lockdown to prevent a fresh wave of infections. Construction of infrastructure projects under President Rodrigo Duterte's "Build, Build, Build" could also be allowed to resume, Pernia told DZMM.

"Parang calibrated opening siguro of malls and other areas where we can still have the necessary safeguards against contracting the disease," said Pernia.

(Maybe a calibrated opening of malls and other areas where we can still have the necessary safeguards against contracting the disease.)

Mall operators SM, Robinsons, Ayala Land and Megaworld have suspended mall operations, except for groceries and pharmacies during the lockdown period, that required half of the country's 100 million people to stay at home.

The so-called enhanced community quarantine or ECQ started on March 17 and was extended until April 30.

Pernia said Filipinos should also start preparing for a "new normal" post-lockdown. Officials earlier said this could include physical distancing and wearing of face masks.

:rip:

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

MarcusSA posted:

I think you need to log off. That article is ridiculously tinfoil hat and the comments confirm that.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Mike Pence was a republican congressman in September of 2001 and he wasn't an anthrax letter recipient. It's not a great mystery why he called for war in the middle east, that was the republican platform.

His "office was found to be contaminated" with it.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/aponline/20011030/aponline142305_000.htm

Wasn't he just a shock jock initially? Didn't know he was in congress for so long.

When you read that article, try to separate the content from who wrote it -- and obviously from the article's commenters!!! Why would you read the comments on a right wing blog!?

The reason the content stands on its own is that the authors brought receipts for the bulk of it. For example, the full transcripts of both the 2001 Dark Winter exercise and the 2019 "Event 201" exercise are both linked. The author may be a young ideologue but she used a neutral tone in this.

If you click the links and start reading the actual transcripts of the training exercises, they feature some messed up poo poo, such as the director (same one since 2001) freely pontificating about the pros and cons of shutting down the internet on everyone during an upheaval. The meeting concludes that topic with the implication that the only thing holding them back is the belief that internet shutdown historically makes upheavals worse (and what will history matter to them once this it's clear situation is unprecedented?)

Happy Thread has issued a correction as of 09:44 on Apr 17, 2020

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Reminds me of how yakuza would help earthquake victims with food and blankets.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Number number number number update!!!!!

Will suck dick for new zealand visa

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1251069307926298624?s=20

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/alexandreafonso/status/1251069933359976449

how can you still be this dumb weeks into the lockdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

MoaM posted:

https://twitter.com/SCMPNews/status/1251036865777618946

We've been living in Corona world all along, feeling blessed.

my real takeaway here is that if I want to do my part to be ending the world, I should keep a rookery that has bats and pigeons and cats and a rat population in it and then sleep out there and work from cafes all day