Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Tei posted:

Counterpoint: USA did landed all planes for 11/S

Counterpoint: Why are idiots like this phil guy given a platform to spread their babbling?

because Fox News knows their audience and Dr Phil has a daytime talk show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

The works of the roots of the vines, of the trees, must be destroyed to keep up the price, and this is the saddest, bitterest thing of all. Carloads of oranges dumped on the ground. The people came for miles to take the fruit, but this could not be. How would they buy oranges at twenty cents a dozen if they could drive out and pick them up? And men with hoses squirt kerosene on the oranges, and they are angry at the crime, angry at the people who have come to take the fruit. A million people hungry, needing the fruit- and kerosene sprayed over the golden mountains. And the smell of rot fills the country. Burn coffee for fuel in the ships. Burn corn to keep warm, it makes a hot fire. Dump potatoes in the rivers and place guards along the banks to keep the hungry people from fishing them out. Slaughter the pigs and bury them, and let the putrescence drip down into the earth.

There is a crime here that goes beyond denunciation. There is a sorrow here that weeping cannot symbolize. There is a failure here that topples all our success. The fertile earth, the straight tree rows, the sturdy trunks, and the ripe fruit. And children dying of pellagra must die because a profit cannot be taken from an orange. And coroners must fill in the certificate- died of malnutrition- because the food must rot, must be forced to rot. The people come with nets to fish for potatoes in the river, and the guards hold them back; they come in rattling cars to get the dumped oranges, but the kerosene is sprayed. And they stand still and watch the potatoes float by, listen to the screaming pigs being killed in a ditch and covered with quick-lime, watch the mountains of oranges slop down to a putrefying ooze; and in the eyes of the people there is the failure; and in the eyes of the hungry there is a growing wrath. In the souls of the people the grapes of wrath are filling and growing heavy, growing heavy for the vintage.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

twoday posted:

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1250952561718255618?s=20

Sounds right, the Dutch death stats for last week came out and it looks like there were 2000 deaths more than average, but the official death count was closer to 1000

let this be a lesson for all countries: dont report bad things accurately

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

poty posted:

let this be a lesson for all countries: dont report bad things accurately

lmao, it's like how back in the day it was "The Spanish Flu" since Spain was one of the few countries that allowed open reporting on the progress of the disease and the death toll.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

baw posted:

The works of the roots of the vines, of the trees, must be destroyed to keep up the price, and this is the saddest, bitterest thing of all. Carloads of oranges dumped on the ground. The people came for miles to take the fruit, but this could not be. How would they buy oranges at twenty cents a dozen if they could drive out and pick them up? And men with hoses squirt kerosene on the oranges, and they are angry at the crime, angry at the people who have come to take the fruit. A million people hungry, needing the fruit- and kerosene sprayed over the golden mountains. And the smell of rot fills the country. Burn coffee for fuel in the ships. Burn corn to keep warm, it makes a hot fire. Dump potatoes in the rivers and place guards along the banks to keep the hungry people from fishing them out. Slaughter the pigs and bury them, and let the putrescence drip down into the earth.

There is a crime here that goes beyond denunciation. There is a sorrow here that weeping cannot symbolize. There is a failure here that topples all our success. The fertile earth, the straight tree rows, the sturdy trunks, and the ripe fruit. And children dying of pellagra must die because a profit cannot be taken from an orange. And coroners must fill in the certificate- died of malnutrition- because the food must rot, must be forced to rot. The people come with nets to fish for potatoes in the river, and the guards hold them back; they come in rattling cars to get the dumped oranges, but the kerosene is sprayed. And they stand still and watch the potatoes float by, listen to the screaming pigs being killed in a ditch and covered with quick-lime, watch the mountains of oranges slop down to a putrefying ooze; and in the eyes of the people there is the failure; and in the eyes of the hungry there is a growing wrath. In the souls of the people the grapes of wrath are filling and growing heavy, growing heavy for the vintage.

can I gently caress the cucumber pile

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i've thought about moving to nz because i'm an ecologist and nz has fuckin rad ecology but also it's full of white people which is less than ideal

If that's your actual thoughts on it you should stay where you are you racist twat.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

literal death cult

cyka blyat
Sep 12, 2018

1999. What appeared to be a harmless meteorite crashing in the Nevada desert has turned out to be Darc Seed, an evil alien creature with horrible powers. By shooting strange magnetic rays, Darc Seed had turned the helpless nation into zombies and had brought the Statue of Liberty to life to do his dirty work. These rays had also given him control over many deadly weapons, but none were more powerful than the legendary samurai sword, Shura. When the great head of the samurai, Namakubi, heard that the sword had fallen into evil hands, he set off immediately for the United States. For only he possessed the strength and knowledge needed to recapture the magical sword and free the U.S. from the evil clutches of Darc Seed.

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

If that's your actual thoughts on it you should stay where you are you racist twat.

Theres also lots of Maori so you still have an ethnic group to feel superior to

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

neutral milf hotel posted:

literal death cult

lmao I knew the Chuds were do this especially the whole Jesus/Holy Spirit will protect us from the virus!

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

:whitewater:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Dumb as gently caress since we spend a lot of time and money mitigating deaths from all of those things.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Dancer posted:

While I also am disappointed by the Dutch government's response to the virus (I live in NL), it bugs me when people normalize these stats per population in this still early stage. When the virus is still in exponential growth, the size of the total population just doesn't affect growth at all. Deaths per million only becomes a relevant stat in hindsight.

I am also slightly surprised that I'm the only person pointing this out. Is there something obvious I'm missing?

In much of Europe the number of deaths has been stable for a week or two so these numbers are not exponentially growing

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

baw posted:

In the souls of the people the grapes of wrath are filling and growing heavy, growing heavy for the vintage.

And the wine of those grapes will squirt on Facebook, squirt for China that made this happen for reasons inscrutable. And when they vote they will vote for the people that had no choice but to rot the fruits of the earth.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

lol

Testvan
Nov 10, 2003
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/17/europe/denmark-coronavirus-first-school-intl/index.html

Surely the virus cannot transmit in this room of perfectly spaced 6 ft apart children

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

how is it sad?

Apr 7, 2003

when I finally met jesus I was all "why didn't you shield me from the virus" and he said "I sent some virologists with recommendations on avoiding the disease, the gently caress else did you want?"

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Sharkie posted:

And the wine of those grapes will squirt on Facebook, squirt for China that made this happen for reasons inscrutable. And when they vote they will vote for the people that had no choice but to rot the fruits of the earth.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Looking forward to the Department of Pathogen Security which puts us through performative, time consuming, and ineffective rituals

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Why is he so red

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

baw posted:

*votes for Trump in November*

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

"Calling people gendered slurs is ok, if they malign white people"

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/SpillerOfTea/status/1251082333765206018

wow touching ship donuts im tearing up

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

THE SHIP IS DOING TIPPY TAPS

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

Woofer posted:

I don’t want to jump start a famine but shouldn’t they just shut all the plants down

Lol they'll implement rationing long before there's a famine.

Oh hey look we just solved the obesity epidemic!

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Its funny to see someone complain about NZ being too white, is there another white country in the world that has demonstrably better race relations? Least of all evils basically

Optical Inch
Oct 26, 2002

Soiled Meat

euphronius posted:

they astroturfed this with the idea that trump was going to order reopening

and then he didn’t lol

they’re astroturfing this to close off the space where reasonable people might come together to suggest alternatives to the old ways

Apr 7, 2003

mastershakeman posted:

Its funny to see someone complain about NZ being too white, is there another white country in the world that has demonstrably better race relations? Least of all evils basically

Racism ended in America in 2008.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

twoday posted:

In much of Europe the number of deaths has been stable for a week or two so these numbers are not exponentially growing

You have a good point and I expressed myself poorly. My point is, if the overwhelming majority of the population has not yet been infected, then the case-load growth/decay/stabilization is purely a function of # of infected vs. preventive measures, and the absolute number of people present in the population is irrelevant.

A jump from 10000 cases to 15000 cases (or from 10000 to 5000, or 10000 being stable) has the exact same meaning in a population of 5 million or 500 million. If Belgium and the US start with the same number of infected on the same day, and both succeed or fail equally at social distancing, then the per capita number for Belgium will automatically look a lot worse until we actually hit the tail end of the pandemic.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mastershakeman posted:

what's the opposite of pot kettle black

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

mastershakeman posted:

It's also a moronic line of reasoning from a cumbrain, where skin colour is the literal only thing that defines a culture.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Pollution
Obesity
Class consciousness
Capitalism

Is there anything corona CANT help with?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

skewetoo posted:

Pollution
Obesity
Class consciousness
Capitalism

My ability to buy paint

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

what happened to that april 16th death spike in the USA from ECDC data last night? I was thinking april 14th was when they rolled out deaths reclassified under NY's new reporting criteria but there was another spike on the 16th anyway.

CPA Hell
Apr 15, 2007

I like to press the number six!

i’m learning everyone has a Karen on the inside. turns out it only takes the promise of $1200 to set her free.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Covid19, good?

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

LOL every CHUD city has a "freedom march" Sunday.

So they can spread coronavirus.

A disease that, if you survive, eats your balls and leaves you sterilized.

The people who are marching are the people obsessed with white birth rates.

I defy you to tell me America isn't a scripted comedy show.

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

skewetoo posted:

Pollution
Obesity
Class consciousness
Capitalism

Chud Logic (unless it kills mass amounts of them)

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

I defy you to tell me America isn't a scripted comedy show.

quote:

Fox News host Tucker Carlson later said that he drove to Mar-a-Lago that Saturday night and urged Trump to take the novel coronavirus more seriously. But the glitzy backdrop and a ballroom of attendees forming a conga line — or as it’s called in Mar-a-Lago, “The Trump Train” — seemed removed from the reality that a deadly, ultra-contagious virus was quietly seeping through the country.

The festivities came with a unique hangover: a series of self-quarantines. Brazil President Jair Bolsonaro had joined Trump, his daughter Ivanka and son-in-law Jared Kushner for a “working dinner” at Mar-a-Lago, and afterwards two of Bolsonaro’s aides tested positive for the virus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

Capitalism
Under
Never
Trumpers

oval office ideology will allow for the death of voters during a rigged primary that boxes bernie sanders out of the race

CUNTs would rather let the transfer a wealth continue to the top of society while millions starve and are denied unemployment

joe biden is a never trumper

joe biden is a oval office

don't vote for a oval office