Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

facialimpediment posted:

Yep, and the company can't quite make up its mind about if it wants to make a zillion, or a gazillion dollars if it pans out.

I read earlier that remdesivir is very cheap to produce, like $1/dose, but it's a bit different when a biotech company might've just found a money printer that goes brrrr

Hydroxycloroquine / Z-pack is on Fox News, so that's what Donnie word-vomits about. I don't think they've covered remdesivir much.

Was going to post this in response, yeah, Gilead's been nothing but lovely/shady about this from the beginning.

Keep in mind, these are the same vultures making bank off of HIV patients, too (they own PrEP, which has been a significant gamechanger), and they were sued for patent as recently as November 2019.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

shame on an IGA posted:

It's kinda reassuring to know that Colombia's most completely over the top blingee gats are nothing new under the sun

Also having been forced to do a lot of precision hand-file work on tool grade steel during my maching apprenticeship, god drat that is at least 3,000 labor hours just in the visible lockwork

That's why apprenticeships were a thing, "hey kiddo wanna learn how to make stuff? spend 10 years doing all the shitwork for me and maybe I'll show you. :smugdon:" going back to ancient Greece.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

knowing what little I do of fallout, I still think I'd prefer it to judge dredd

10 years isocube, puke.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/446461592029630464?s=19

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
There really is a tweet for everything

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Oh there's a rudder alright. It's stuck hard to starboard

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Milo and POTUS posted:

WHERE EVERY RUDDER SHOULD BE!!!

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Milo and POTUS posted:

knowing what little I do of fallout, I still think I'd prefer it to judge dredd

ya me too, but i think dredd is a better representation of the fascist path america walks down

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Can't wait to become a pirate operating out of kingston

Ontario

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

BigDave posted:

WHERE EVERY RUDDER SHOULD BE!!!

The best rudder, I know more about sailing than anybody else

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Milo and POTUS posted:

So America is going around in circles, cavitation and shaking?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

FrozenVent posted:

Don't forget taking on water.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

FrozenVent posted:

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1251171455901020160?s=19

https://twitter.com/bgittleson/status/1251172521724055552?s=19

With a captain that's arguably telling crew to stop bailing out the water because it's too much work or we're going down anyways. We're really, really hosed because the president watches too much Fox News.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

With a captain that's arguably telling crew to stop bailing out the water because it's too much work or we're going down anyways. We're really, really hosed because the president watches too much Fox News.

Trump ineptly pulling whatever this stupid poo poo is isn't going to be what "really, really fucks" us

Trump has never "swooped in to be the hero" at any point in his presidency

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Saying poo poo and doing nothing is bigly his brand.

Both are getting people killed.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Well anyways, hope! It's a curve!

https://twitter.com/evanmcmurry/status/1251173642278404097?s=19

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Fallom posted:

Trump ineptly pulling whatever this stupid poo poo is isn't going to be what "really, really fucks" us

To his base he has, which is the point. It’s not being suggested that he’s actually being a hero.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

facialimpediment posted:

loving rear end in a top hat prick, MINNESOTA DOESN'T NEED LIBERATING YOU PISSANT EXCUSE FOR AN AMERICAN!!

You know how many people MN has lost so far?

93. That's it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Woofer posted:

To his base he has, which is the point. It’s not being suggested that he’s actually being a hero.

It'll be another display of genius politicking to them.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Woofer posted:

Fortunately Trump scoring points with the base that is already slavishly devoted to him has amounted to gently caress all in terms of legislative impact in Virginia, even with my idiot cousins-in-law threatening to murder state employees on Facebook.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

BigDave posted:

loving rear end in a top hat prick, MINNESOTA DOESN'T NEED LIBERATING YOU PISSANT EXCUSE FOR AN AMERICAN!!

You know how many people MN has lost so far?

93. That's it.

Thats far too few, The stock market needs 9000 innocent souls to recover 100 points

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Fallom posted:

To his base, he absolutely has. And that's all he cares about.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

https://twitter.com/gdinwiddie/status/1250130371242582016

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Godholio posted:

To his base, he absolutely has. And that's all he cares about.

I know. I know the 17th occurrence of Trump calling for violence against Americans is bad. I know it's bad every time. I know his base eats it up. I know people will die because we have national leadership focused more on this than helping the nation through a crisis.

I just can't get along with panicking and exclaiming that "we're hosed" every time Trump shits out more garbage on day 997,478 of this nightmare administration because I know it's largely ineffectual bloviating. I'm trying my best to distinguish that from "normalizing" the behavior, honest. We'll get through this.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Apr 17, 2020

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

My hot take is it's okay to normalize Trump because he's normal. He's the president, 40% of the country thinks he walks on water, and we've affirmed that the Constitution doesn't matter much anymore. That's the lay of the land and there's no going back.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

endless vacation sounds p good imo

e:
Shroedingers democratic party, simultaneously a radical dangerous element and an entity that does nothing

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Fallom posted:

I just can't agree with panicking and exclaiming that "we're hosed" every time Trump shits out more garbage on day 997,478 of this nightmare administration because I know it's largely ineffectual bloviating. I'm trying my best to distinguish that from "normalizing" the behavior, honest. We'll get through this.

You're absolutely right that we'll get through it. And my "we're hosed!" isn't a panic, it's an observation. Right now, the way to beat this thing is to stall for time. The way to stall is for everyone to stay the gently caress home. If the chuddy fucks all over decide not to stay the gently caress home because going out owns the libs, the game's over and we're in for a second wave.

It's additionally infuriating because chances are, the same chuddy fucks would likely stay home with a coordinated Fox News / Trump campaign telling them to do so. But nope, grifters gotta grift, so we're all stuck in this bullshit later than if the chuddy fucks stayed home.

Especially when we absolutely, positively do not know enough about COVID. We're now in the early phase of (iffy) research coming out and it's challenging basic assumptions about this drat thing: https://twitter.com/evanmcmurry/status/1251182739392520193?s=19

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Apr 17, 2020

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

If the chuddy fucks all over decide not to stay the gently caress home because going out owns the libs, the game's over and we're in for a second wave.

I wonder how this is actually going to play out. I confront this behavior every day with coworkers and friends on Facebook pulling the "muh constitutional rights" and "it's just a 2% fatality rate!" bullshit while arguing that everyone has a duty to shovel money into their local Dave & Buster's. An extremist right wing group is planning a protest in my city with the direct backing of the administration, but it really doesn't have a lot of widespread support among the local population.

I don't think it's Trump's base that will somehow force everyone out again, I think it'll be congressional (in)action on further stimulus packages that will change public opinion and force people to take that risk because they will be well and truly unable to care for themselves and their families. If the stories are accurate, the notion that the I in the DJIA is acting extremely cautious about reopening the economy might keep that from happening, though congress will still waste time with the usual game of brinksmanship.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

It really sucks that a bunch of people dying just doesn’t matter to a bunch of people.

If I could get mass transit to be a thing to get cars off the road I would.

If I could make everyone quit smoking I would.

If I could magically stop all accidents I would. But this poo poo isn’t an accident at this point.

I’m not sure what the loving argument is.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/marybschneider/status/1251179490195185664?s=19

I require video of this incident.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Woofer posted:

If I could make everyone quit smoking I would.

Some of us like our CYOA to the morgue, tyvm.

*Blows smoke at thread*

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

facialimpediment posted:

Also, a captain that believes the ship won't sink because it's his ship, the best ship, a great ship, a wonderful representation of our national pride, so he somehow right rudders it right into the iceberg.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

This is the absolute DUMBEST timeline. I hate it.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

facialimpediment posted:

I'd be angrier about this if it weren't highly likely to kill his supporters.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Fallom posted:

I wonder how this is actually going to play out. I confront this behavior every day with coworkers and friends on Facebook pulling the "muh constitutional rights" and "it's just a 2% fatality rate!" bullshit while arguing that everyone has a duty to shovel money into their local Dave & Buster's. An extremist right wing group is planning a protest in my city with the direct backing of the administration, but it really doesn't have a lot of widespread support among the local population.

I don't think it's Trump's base that will somehow force everyone out again, I think it'll be congressional (in)action on further stimulus packages that will change public opinion and force people to take that risk because they will be well and truly unable to care for themselves and their families. If the stories are accurate, the notion that the I in the DJIA is acting extremely cautious about reopening the economy might keep that from happening, though congress will still waste time with the usual game of brinksmanship.

I'd say just have them all sign something in advance refusing medical care if they catch the COVID but that only means that they will spread it to people with more sense than themselves.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Fallom posted:

Fortunately Trump scoring points with the base that is already slavishly devoted to him has amounted to gently caress all in terms of legislative impact in Virginia, even with my idiot cousins-in-law threatening to murder state employees on Facebook.

Basically at this point the best thing we can hope for is Trump to continue getting a drop of blood from a stone ie his supporters. Not doing himself any favors.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Government: "Don't gather in one place to help flatten the curve"

Result:

https://twitter.com/chickenprincess/status/1250942354976014343?s=20

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Britain and it's moronic children have got to be the most idiotic cultural group on this god forsaken planet.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Future neurologists will prove the English language causes moderate to severe CTE in its speakers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Best Friends posted:

Future neurologists will prove the English language causes moderate to severe CTE in its speakers

Sounds like the plot of the movie Pontypool.