Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

do we count hydroxycloroquine deaths as covid or just not count them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

friendly 2 da void posted:

get a brain moran

weird to learn from this that swedes are even loving dumber than americans, grats

maybe Americans are better at disguising COVID deaths

e: for example

BeefThief posted:

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide
mother loving number goes up south daktoa jesus gently caress

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide
I want nothing more than these chud governors states to just get absolutely demolished by these decisions

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

Flesh Forge posted:

maybe Americans are better at disguising COVID deaths

e: for example

yeah it's all a coordinated conspiracy by america, norway, denmark, and finland against the great swedish race

pathetic

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.

mastershakeman posted:

well since 87% of patients on vents die why bother worrying about running out i guess, just dont give them to anyone at risk and let 'em croak

when you run out of ventilators you doom that 13%

and 13% of a big number is still a big number

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/rebeccaballhaus/status/1251240815319490562

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Malcolm XML posted:

the most complete theory i've seen of this is that it reprograms bone marrow to produce more effective white blood cells but idk if it works anyone who isn't a baby

I have been discussing it with some scientists and they think it has more to do with the way it affects levels of cytokines, and specifically IL-6, though nobody really knows at this point tbh, though there are several theories. More study is required (and thankfully currently underway already), etc.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Folks, we got no choice but to culture war the CoronaVirus to death

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
Are we still guessing casualties in the millions? I keep seeing FB posts about estimates of casualties in the 120k range and that seems insanely optimistic?

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

poo poo in Iran is so nuts that they are using disinfectant trucks instead of tanks and makeshift hospital beds on trucks instead of surface-to-air missiles for their military parades.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltG3zYZmXnQ

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
derp dee doo

https://twitter.com/JRubinBlogger/status/1251129595300139008

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Steam Code: AVZN6-DKHZ9-6IM56

Enjoy lockdown entertainment

what was this?

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

friendly 2 da void posted:

get a brain moran

weird to learn from this that swedes are even loving dumber than americans, grats

it’s funny cuz many Swedes are still voluntarily socially distancing so their economy is getting hosed over regardless. they surpassed their unemployment from the financial crisis at the beginning of the week.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Vasukhani posted:

what was this?

Garfield Cart

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

anyone know if Stem cell treatments help at all? you know, you inject some unborn baby cells and it fixes whatever was hurting ?

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

this is going to kill so many people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Tc8HZYqHmk

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Hilario Baldness posted:

Are we still guessing casualties in the millions? I keep seeing FB posts about estimates of casualties in the 120k range and that seems insanely optimistic?

The number I have in my head is half a million. Just a guess

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

golden bubble posted:

poo poo in Iran is so nuts that they are using disinfectant trucks instead of tanks and makeshift hospital beds on trucks instead of surface-to-air missiles for their military parades.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltG3zYZmXnQ

owns

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

BeefThief posted:

that depends of if they died with aquarium drugs or from aquarium drugs

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
please try not to feed experimental drugs to large groups of poor indigenous people if you can possibly help it south dakota

i mean meat packing chuds baying for it is one thing

but dont race crime this up thx

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
you have to ask nice once to be fair

and then you can take to the streets and burn whatever

i am pretty sure thats the rule

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Folks HCQ is taken by people who have lupus and people have malaria. It's a well understood drug with a well understood side effect profile being given in reasonable dosage ranges.

There's been a couple of stories of "people got heart problems." This a critical side effect, as well as weird vision issues, that immediately stops use of the drug, but are quite rare. They were also pushing the dosages incredibly high in Brazil.

There's been some shoddy data that suggests that HCQ might have some benefit in pre-intubated patients. A clinical trial isn't actually a terrible idea, but its likely to turn up weak and inconclusive data. (i.e. It doesn't really do much or maybe has some benefit in pre intubated patients)

It's not gonna just murder people tia.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

703 posted:

I want nothing more than these chud governors states to just get absolutely demolished by these decisions

they might

also, people traveling to other states might demolish demonRAT states

if I was an evil motherfucker, and maybe president of America, and some states were annoying me, it would make sense to send a few Covid 19 gangs to lick some public handrails or such

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

The stuff you put in your aquarium is not the pill that people are taking you lunatics

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

Folks HCQ is taken by people who have lupus and people have malaria. It's a well understood drug with a well understood side effect profile being given in reasonable dosage ranges.

There's been a couple of stories of "people got heart problems." This a critical side effect, as well as weird vision issues, that immediately stops use of the drug, but are quite rare. They were also pushing the dosages incredibly high in Brazil.

There's been some shoddy data that suggests that HCQ might have some benefit in pre-intubated patients. A clinical trial isn't actually a terrible idea, but its likely to turn up weak and inconclusive data. (i.e. It doesn't really do much or maybe has some benefit in pre intubated patients)

It's not gonna just murder people tia.

people in this thread think smoking will stop covid

ChipNDip
Sep 6, 2010

How many deaths are prevented by an executive order that prevents big box stores from selling seeds, furniture, and paint?

oxsnard posted:

Hmm yes I too get my epidemiological analysis from sports talk show hosts

Wait until you hear who's the President of the United States!

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Schnorkles posted:

The stuff you put in your aquarium is not the pill that people are taking you lunatics

everyone in this thread is being 100% serious at all times

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
worldometers reports 340 new deaths in new hampshire today?! Guessing this is a typo, maybe supposed to be added to New York?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

:smugdon:

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

scary ghost dog posted:

people in this thread think smoking will stop covid

there is plenty of reason to go "lol" about HCQ. Especially when some shitheads in brazil are passing off a "study" where the people who wouldn't take the pills are the control group.

That said, its not because it isn't a real medicine.

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
schnorkles is in the pocket of big science, get him

lol are there any studies about what happens if you just shove it down the throat of people with extremely high lvls of chronic untreated health conditions w/poor access to services in the middle of a real bad case of soup miners lung

like giving it to people outpatient and just sending them on the way

cause thats what i envision

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Schnorkles posted:

Are we sure South Dakota isn't using aquarium cleaner?

ChipNDip
Sep 6, 2010

How many deaths are prevented by an executive order that prevents big box stores from selling seeds, furniture, and paint?

Hilario Baldness posted:

Remember that's official numbers. We'll never know the real number.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Someone should re-make the Chernobyl scenes with Trump and his team instead of Khrushchev and the CCCP.

Science guy: "We need all the liquid nitrogen in the USSR to run the enormous heat exchanger"

Trump: "No you don't. That's a crazy amount of liquid nitrogen. 40k tons of liquid nitrogen? You need 7k, 8k tops. No one has ever heard of using that much liquid nitrogen"

*reactor melts into the ground water*

Trump: "No one could have seen this coming. We are doing a great job and nothing could have been done. The local ministers should have planned for this. The central government is just here to help, we can't be expected to do everything ourselves"

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Schnorkles posted:

honestly people probably need to come to grips with the fact that we're going to have a significant number of individuals breaking social distancing over the next couple weeks and that the 2nd wave of coronavirus infections coming in mid-May is going to kill hundreds of thousands of people and destroy the economy.

lol if you didn't already realize this

living in a failed state

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
Reading this thread makes me feel like no publicly available numbers actually exist or matter

Nobody's opinion is based on... anything

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Nothus posted:

Are we sure South Dakota isn't using aquarium cleaner?

this is ... actually a good point

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

sit on my Facebook posted:

Reading this thread makes me feel like no publicly available numbers actually exist or matter

Nobody's opinion is based on... anything

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

Schnorkles posted:

this is ... actually a good point

yah tbh i didnt think of that

this is why you get mad proactively

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice