Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Best reply:

https://twitter.com/RoonKolos/status/1250038775897559040?s=19

https://twitter.com/RoonKolos/status/1250039735084515329?s=19

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

snoo posted:

I have a fan going pretty much 24/7 bc I need whitenoise but one time I was in the bathroom that was completely quiet and my ears started ringing and pulsing louder than I've ever noticed before and I felt like I was gonna die

:thumbsup:

try this, see if it works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBgkPOGD6gw

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

snoo posted:

pee in your mouth

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Apparently the Wisconsin Assembly Speaker is calling on all True Blooded American Patriots to march in front of the capitol next Friday. He is also suing the Governor in order to reopen the state.

Literal death cult.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Google Butt posted:

2 American legs

animist
Aug 28, 2018
DEATH CULT DEATH CULT

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Heated Gaming Moment posted:

A well fed militia

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

"lets hope this isnt as bad as SARS" *monkey paw curls*

Well to be fair, it's not as bad, it's much, much worse

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Stereotype posted:

Apparently the Wisconsin Assembly Speaker is calling on all True Blooded American Patriots to march in front of the capitol next Friday. He is also suing the Governor in order to reopen the state.

Literal death cult.

sounds well-regulated to me

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

twoday posted:

lol Trump using his twitter feed to stir up his 5th column of alt right Chuds in each state.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

twoday posted:

I'm going to be upset if all these dumbasses going to pro-virus protests somehow avoid getting the virus

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Stereotype posted:

I'm going to be upset if all these dumbasses going to pro-virus protests somehow avoid getting the virus

how much do you think they smoke and/or chew tobacco?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

lmao friday was one of the highest tests/deaths days since we started tracking but Don't Worry The Peak's Over

NotNut
Feb 4, 2020

if this actually works I will donate $50 to a charity of your choice

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

etalian posted:

lol Trump using his twitter feed to stir up his 5th column of alt right Chuds in each state.

It kinda pwns because they're killing themselves

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

BONGHITZ posted:

dodgy fishcakes lol

Utz
Aug 1, 2008

by vyelkin

https://twitter.com/drpenking/status/1250064876233535488

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

BONGHITZ posted:

dodgy fishcakes lol

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

mods please change my name to dodgyfishcakes

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

twoday posted:

lol, that's worth a super spreader tag at least

good work

MMMMMMMMMaster Spreader!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Google Butt posted:

It kinda pwns because they're killing themselves

the downside is they can potentially kill the rest of us too before they die.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

sincx posted:

Can I get a gang tag for being (probably) the first person to post about COVID-19 on the forums?

lol you posted this about 24 hours before lowtax went on his liveban spree

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Alright guys so here's the DIY mask that I'm currently using. Keep in mind that this is some Batman Begins poo poo where we're still figuring things out

3 layers of sewn cotton fabric. Use t-shirt for the inside bc it's softer/more comfortable. Has a bendable wire to shape to the nose but might do away with that in the future since it's probably not necessary and is somewhat uncomfortable. Hair ties are used to fasten to the ears:

Here's the inside. Like I said 3 layers of cotton fabric with a pocket to insert shop towel/other filter:

Biggest complaint is ear discomfort. Best solution is some version of this to go behind your head to fasten the hair ties to. Guess what my next project is:

These are knit which is why they're on my radar, but that poo poo should not be difficult to replicate across a variety of mediums

Welp there ya go

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I hate these assholes who have silver spoons wedged so far up their assholes that they've never had to do anything for themselves unless it was for a photo op

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

fish flu

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

masks don't actually filter out droplets or anything like that, they work because the virus sees that mask and goes somewhere else

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/kennwhite/status/1251357259084562435

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

https://youtu.be/L4MfYvJtHRE

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Farm Frenzy posted:

https://twitter.com/AlexBerenson/status/1251249201482170374

times square baby! da freakin' crossroad of da world!

All roads lead to Luoyang.

Incredible. Just.. says everything about Florida.

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

wtf does this mean?

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.
gonna be great when things start opening up early and just enough chuds start going out to keep infection rates high but normal people stay home and don't buy poo poo even harder because of that high infection rate so we somehow maximize the combination of number of sick people and economic collapse.

the trumpiest outcome possible

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

twoday posted:

You're in the book now, congratulations

hooray

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

rump buttman posted:

wtf does this mean?

It doesn't do a whole lot but they are trying to game some sort of positive data.

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

rump buttman posted:

wtf does this mean?

i think it's saying that if you have a very effective treatment for something the results are so strong that you can detect them with a small sample group. if the effect is weak or non-existent you need a lot more subjects to get a statistically valid result.

adding a ton more patients means that they couldn't see any therapeutic effect with a small sample so they're trying bigger and bigger samples in the hopes of detecting some marginal improvement due to the drug.

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

lol that thread is a fun read now, fifty years later

Atopian posted:

Measures taken seem sensible so far. Still some significant delay on making info public, but far less than previously. Hopefully it'll work out since institutions have experience now.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Spergin Morlock posted:

i didnt until i read your comment. thanks.

anyone else blinking manually tonight?

I always have background noise, at least a fan but usually tv.

I get ringing ears a little bit but what really annoys me is when I hear certain low frequency noise or sometimes music with really low bass, my right ear like does this weird twitching thing. It feels like my eardrum is twitching. It doesn't hurt but it's very uncomfortable. The trash truck always makes this happen when it goes through my neighborhood and I haaaate it.

My uncle has tinnitus and he grinds his teeth to try to drown it out or something. That noise always made me cringe too but no ear twitchy for that one.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

SKULL.GIF posted:

lmao friday was one of the highest tests/deaths days since we started tracking but Don't Worry The Peak's Over

They said the peak would be mid-April so its obviously mid-April!! What do you mean that was for New York City and not places that got hit later and with a less steep climb? What do you mean that peak means the top and not the end? What do you mean that reopening immediately after peak means that it'll start climbing again because theres fresh bodies to infect at a point when the virus is super-prevalent? REOPEN AMERICA NOW!! LIBERATE OHIO!!

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

PDP-1 posted:

i think it's saying that if you have a very effective treatment for something the results are so strong that you can detect them with a small sample group. if the effect is weak or non-existent you need a lot more subjects to get a statistically valid result.

adding a ton more patients means that they couldn't see any therapeutic effect with a small sample so they're trying bigger and bigger samples in the hopes of detecting some marginal improvement due to the drug.

Yeah "power" being the likelihood of finding a statistically relevant effect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

sincx posted:

Can I get a gang tag for being (probably) the first person to post about COVID-19 on the forums?

Poster Zero